• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As life goes by and the nest empties

Started by sevenof400, February 22, 2015, 10:35:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

Quote from: ppop on December 25, 2015, 10:16:14 pm
Haven't been here in a LONG time. Interesting thread. Mrs. ppop & I just spent our 4th Christmas morning with a totally empty nest. Both kids are married and our daughter has given us three beautiful grands with #4 due next month. They spend Christmas Day with their immediate family, just like we taught them.
The first couple of months were really tough. Depressing even. Luckily, my wife & I still love to be with each other! This is the best time of our life. (Of course, we've said that about every time of our lives.)
Turns out we love each other even more than we did when we were in college. Times change. Families change. Relationships last.
We've been through a lot, including a bilateral mastectomy resulting from invasive ductile carcinoma. (She's doing great after surgery & chemo.) We're stronger now than ever.
Hang in there guys. It gets SO much better!

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it some days.

Lions84

5 more regular season Basketball games , Playoffs and then Cheer Squad Tryouts and my daughter's HS Cheer career and her reign as Captain will be officially over as of March 11th 2016.  She will also work with the Sponsor in May to set up Mini Cheer Camp. It gone by so fast.

Lions84

Working Basketball Concessions tonite for the 2nd to last time ever for me and momma.  We got smart 3 years ago and always open and do the 4-6 shift for the Band then go to the game.   Closing means your up there till 9:45-10 pm.

Lions84

This week we work our last Concessions in HS. How the time is flying bye.  In Feb we got to College for finalize her scholarships and pay our deposits on the dorm and other stuff.

Lions84

This week my daughter cheers her last Varsity Regular Season Basketball games. Another Chapter of her HS career closes.

Lions84

Flowers ordered , Poster made and tomorrow evening My Daughter will cheer for the Last time at Godley High School on our Home Court.
My stomach is a wreck and it only Thursday.  #SR2016 is blowing by like a Cotton Belt Express Train.

After this she has road playoff games for the Girls and Cheer Tryout Camp and other than some special send offs or public events she is done with her 4 years of Cheering for GHS!

Lions84

I pulled it off and she was shocked.  The Fans and both teams gave her a standing ovation. 

I had this read by the Game announcer.
Tonite we want to recognize our Sr. Varsity Cheer Captain Tiffany Simons.
For the past 4 years she has Followed and Cheered for the Wildcats and Lady Cats from Byron Nelson to the North, Temple to the South , Athens to the East and Cisco to the West.  In Heat, Cold and Pouring Rain she cheered them across the State.  Tonite is her last time to Cheer on this Court,
Thanks Tiffany for your 4 years of Cheering on the Wildcats of Godley High.

The Announcer added she also cheered with many and several times alone.   Her Freshman year by time district started all the other JV Cheerleaders had been kicked off the squad and my daughter cheered 6 games by herself.

Lions84

Well the Boys lost thier play in game and the Girls were upset in the 2nd round so My Daughters HS Cheer leading Career is OVER.   

Bummed Dad this week.

Lions84

Last Friday We paid her deposits for College at Howard Payne and she got her Student ID Number and will get her roommate assignment in April. She gets to move in a week early cause she playing in the pit for the Yellow Jacket Band. 

Lions84

All this milestones passing by and the reality my daughter is almost grown is making me sad.  But you have them to raise them and growing up part of it.

Lions84

Well I got one more Band concert to go and my kid will be done with HS Band.

Lions84

Got the list done and the scouting done.  So we will be going to Target for College and to Lowe's for some other things.

Lions84

Kid is off today at her last UIL Social Studies Meet unless her team wins then they move on.

Lions84

They finished 2nd in the Region and got a Team Silver Medal , The kid earned a 5th place ribbon out of 40 + others in the Social Studies Meet.

Today she received her letter welcoming her into the National Honor Society.  Our District has higher standards than National and requires Honor Classes to get in.  Her Online Latin 3 Class from Oxford University qualified her this year.

Lions84

My daughter been accepted into National Honor Society.. she finally got in since she took Latin 3 this year. Our HS requires at least 1 College or Dual Credit Class to get in.  She had the grades since her 10th grade year.

She also earned Superior ++ in Regional Piano Guild Contest last week.

Band Banquet this week and Prom on Saturday so May going to be a full pull month for us all.

Lions84

Well we survived Prom and Mothers day.  Now this week it Sr Pep Rally Friday and the count down continues.

Lions84

I cryed  during Sr. Pep Rally when my daughter and other Sr Cheerleader were called out as part of the ceremony. It was the last time they Cheered at GHS.

Tonite she gets inducted into NHS and Tuesday is the Final Band Concert of the year.

Lions84

Awards day today  The Kid got Perfect Attendance Sr Year ,  Highest average in Sr English and Economics.

Lions84

Well in 14 more days she OFF to college.

Lions84

We moved her in Sunday afternoon the 14th and she really growing up at College.  Once My Bride gets over her female surgery we will really celebrate being empty Nesters!

WPWells

Lions84

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 23, 2016, 09:09:53 am
TMI

We will be able to go to movies , to eat and not tied to the schools after school activities schedule.  Gee Whizz Fred!

WPWells

Quote from: Lions84 on August 23, 2016, 02:51:03 pm
We will be able to go to movies , to eat and not tied to the schools after school activities schedule.  Gee Whizz Fred!

Well you didn't need to talk about her female surgery!

Lions84

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 23, 2016, 05:00:06 pm
Well you didn't need to talk about her female surgery!

LOL

She gets to play for the first time in the college band this Saturday night in Brownwood Texas.

Lions84

Kid enjoying College,  Coming in for a visit this weekend.

Lions84

We had a good visit and we will see her at a Band contest in 2 weeks not far from the house.  I continued to be amazed how she is maturing and growing into a young adult before my eyes.  It seems just yesterday she was in my lap as we listened to Butterfly kisses.

Lions84

Going to see the Kid Sat afternoon cause they are a going to be an show  band for a UIL Band contest less than a hour from the house.

Lions84

The Wife turned to me at the band contest last Sat and said it is awlful strange to be here and at the game the other night and not see Tiffany on the sidelines cheering or playing in the band at halftime.  We heading out after work to attend Parent Weekend at HPU.

Lions84

Was down at the College for Parent Weekend , She played in the Band and the boys got slaughted. We had a great time.

Lions84

Baby Girl is home and we are going to my Wife's HS Homecoming. 

Lions84

Went down and saw the kid and took her out to eat after the game.  Band was great , the football team not so much.

Lions84

Kid was home for Thankgiving and is slowly turning into a great young woman before my eyes.

Lions84

My daughter was home Dec 8th till yesterday when we loaded her back up for her Spring Sememster at College.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas