• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 1A BOYS FINAL(Friday 5:15) Emerson and Bay Round 2

Started by Thechosen1, March 05, 2016, 10:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Emerson
30 (42.3%)
Bay
41 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:34:19 pm

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 11, 2016, 07:02:26 pm
Dang right HF. This is ridiculous

I drove 2 hours...got told there was a minimum of an hour wait to get in, I hiked the quarter mile back to my car....and went to jessieville to eat dinner lol

RedWolf275

Very surprised Pritchett didn't get MVP. He definetely was today.

hogman

Catfish

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 11, 2016, 06:57:51 pm
Hey AAA, how about have the state finals somewhere that there's enough seats for more than 50% of the people.

It needs to be played at Verizon every single year.

PuddlePirate12

The only way they would change it would be if ppl quit coming. As long as they can keep making money doing what they are no reason for them to change.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 11, 2016, 07:34:06 pm
The only way they would change it would be if ppl quit coming. As long as they can keep making money doing what they are no reason for them to change.

Their losimg money tnight....probably have a riot, people with prebought tickets are being told go home

arstatechamp13

I'm about to lead a rebellion against all the people saving seats. Unreal. I'm not worried about sitting down but I feel bad for all the people around me

Catfish

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 11, 2016, 08:09:18 pm
I'm about to lead a rebellion against all the people saving seats. Unreal. I'm not worried about sitting down but I feel bad for all the people around me

You're here statechamp??

NEArkie

Quote from: hogman on March 11, 2016, 07:23:20 pm
Who got MVP? Layne?
It's based on your overall performance in the tournament, not just the finals..  :'(

LHHC

Quote from: NEArkie on March 11, 2016, 08:19:41 pm
It's based on your overall performance in the tournament, not just the finals..  :'(

What were their stats then dude?

BlackMamba

Pretty sure this was the only game Taylor didn't lead them in scoring..

LHHC

NEark tigers

NORTHEAST ARKANSAS WINS AGAIN.....ITS WHERE THE REAL BALLERS ARE!!

dragondad

40% from the line and still only lost by 6. Nevertheless, you can't do that against a quality team like Bay. Great season Pirates, keep your heads up 35-1 was a great run.

Congrats to Bay

PuddlePirate12

11-20 is what I heard. And missed 2 wide open lay ups. Last year they were just out manned. This one should really leave a bitter taste in their mouth. It'll be a while before Emerson is a real contender again

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 12, 2016, 12:46:32 am
11-20 is what I heard. And missed 2 wide open lay ups. Last year they were just out manned. This one should really leave a bitter taste in their mouth. It'll be a while before Emerson is a real contender again

A lot of those misses were on the front end of a 1 an 1. 

RedWolf275

The coach picks who recieves the MVP as well as all state tournament players.

PuddlePirate12

I only watched the Bay/GP and Bay/Emerson game and IMO Pritchett was the MVP of both of those. Didn't get to see their first 2 state games but Layne would've had to really done some work in those 2. They can both play. I expect Layne to follow right in Pritchett and Watsons shoes next year of 40-50 point games

Woodrow1

I actually know exactly how it works. I personally know a coach that has won it and they ask the coach right after the game who he wants the mvp to be.

BlackMamba

Not how it's done now, coach Brannen was asked after the semifinal game

PuddlePirate12

Yes.. You're asked before the finals but I believe they come to you immediately after the finals game to make sure you don't want to change your choice. That way, say he picked Pritchett before the finals and then Layne scores 50 and hits the buzzer beater to win it he can change it to Layne. I think that's how it works

BlackMamba

He tried to give them both Pritchett and Layne but they wouldn't allow co-mvp, and he told them to pick because he wasn't going to. So after the game he tried to find out beforehand who it was going to be and they wouldn't tell him

LHHC

Quote from: BlackMamba on March 12, 2016, 01:37:13 pm
He tried to give them both Pritchett and Layne but they wouldn't allow co-mvp, and he told them to pick because he wasn't going to. So after the game he tried to find out beforehand who it was going to be and they wouldn't tell him

I can see that

Boomer1

It didn't matter to either of them who won MVP. Yes, both would've liked to have it back home to go along with all of their many other plaques they have, but in all honesty both of them had one goal in mind. WIN. At Bay they don't think about all of that they just want to win. Part of what makes them great year in & year out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas