• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on 1A Girls for 2015-16

Started by Moonshiner, August 31, 2015, 10:19:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

36 games does seem like a lot for JH.  Those must've been some really big tournaments.

Moonshiner

How will Nemo and Wonderview be this year?

Thechosen1

The best ones will be moved up and the rest will play Jr high I assume

Silky Johnson

I know they played at least 3 games in all of the regular season tournaments.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 15, 2015, 01:42:20 pm
How will Nemo and Wonderview be this year?

Nemo brings back 7 of their top 8....Thompson graduated. Dont know if they move up anyone that will contribute from junior high.

Wonder view loses everything I think..the youngest Zimmerman sister moved up and started some in region and state though...don't know what they bring up from the undefeatedjr high team other than her though

Thechosen1

September 16, 2015, 08:43:10 am #55 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:50:12 am by Thechosen1
Nemo should be really good again, wonderview loses a lot by losing Zimmerman and others but they are very well coached and you can never count them out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on September 16, 2015, 08:43:10 am
Nemo should be really good again, wonderview loses a lot by losing Zimmerman and others but they are very well coached and you can never count them out.

As long as Jeremy Simon is the coach at wonderview will be a legit contender

Thechosen1

He's a great coach but he did lose a lot of talent. Zimmerman was one of the best 1a girls I have ever seen.

BigLion10

Zimmerman was a once in a decade type of player she was a beast

Thechosen1

I've never seen a girl that tall and lanky able to move the way she did usually girls that big are a little uncoordinated but not her. She was fun to watch!

BigLion10

She reminded me a lot of Melissa wolf from Cabot a few years ago. She was 6 1 and moved like a point guard

RedWolf275

Is Zimmerman playing college ball anywhere?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on September 16, 2015, 06:27:33 pm
Is Zimmerman playing college ball anywhere?

You may have heard of it.....the university if arkansas

BigLion10

Nowhere big just somewhere in Fayetteville

WPWells

Basketballfan13

Peyton Tennison from Valley is a lot like Zimmerman. 5'11 PG with long arms better shooter and passer from what I've seen but I think Zimmerman was scrappier and a better defender.

Thechosen1

I think Zimmerman has a lot more upside for sure.

KirbyitsaTradition

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 01, 2015, 09:07:09 am
What do the Kirby girls have this year?
Lost 3 starters, but have 3 to fill spots and one 10th grader that is top notch.

RedWolf275

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 07:05:31 pm
He only knows A-State! Howl no!

I'm actually a fan of both. All I know about Lady Hogs though is they haven't had much for a while. Maybe this gal can give them a shot in the arm!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on September 18, 2015, 05:57:50 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 16, 2015, 07:05:31 pm
He only knows A-State! Howl no!

I'm actually a fan of both. All I know about Lady Hogs though is they haven't had much for a while. Maybe this gal can give them a shot in the arm!

Think they won a tournament game last year

RedWolf275

They beat Ole Miss by 11 in a 8vs9 matchup. Then lost to South Carolina by 22.

WPWells

They beat Northwestern in the NCAA tournament before losing to Baylor

Silky Johnson

UCONN women will probably reign supreme again.

yesteryearman

Getting back to the original topic, the team I would watch out for is Kirby.  I believe that they have their post player back, and they always have a very good Junior High team.  I recall that they had a very good shot at upsetting Nemo in the semi-finals.  What saved Nemo was that I believe a Soph or maybe Jr was shooting a one and one with no time on clock.  That would be a tough thing for even a seasoned senior.  So, Kirby may be poised to make another run.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on September 22, 2015, 04:09:41 pm
Getting back to the original topic, the team I would watch out for is Kirby.  I believe that they have their post player back, and they always have a very good Junior High team.  I recall that they had a very good shot at upsetting Nemo in the semi-finals.  What saved Nemo was that I believe a Soph or maybe Jr was shooting a one and one with no time on clock.  That would be a tough thing for even a seasoned senior.  So, Kirby may be poised to make another run.

At this point I'd have then at #2

Silky Johnson

Kirby kind of had home court advantage in the boys and girls semis.

TheOfficial

I would say Nemo #1, ICC #2, maybe Kirby in 3rd.  Also watch out for Caddo who moves up a great group of sophomores.

Motownsportsfan

Wonderview girls won't be full strength until Jr High gets done. 2 potential starters once they move up. The school board voted a few years ago that they couldn't move up until Jr high season was over. Simon wanted to move the up and so they had another vote. Was a tie 3 to 3. May be another vote before long tho

Moonshiner

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on October 25, 2015, 07:57:24 pm
Wonderview girls won't be full strength until Jr High gets done. 2 potential starters once they move up. The school board voted a few years ago that they couldn't move up until Jr high season was over. Simon wanted to move the up and so they had another vote. Was a tie 3 to 3. May be another vote before long tho

Gotta love it when your own school board gets in your way.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 26, 2015, 09:00:52 am
Quote from: Motownsportsfan on October 25, 2015, 07:57:24 pm

Gotta love it when your own school board gets in your way.

Especially when they were completely ok with it 5 years ago...

Basketballfan13

It was fine when they moved Zimmerman up to win state, but when it started to affect school board members kid playing time it wasn't allowed anymore

Moonshiner

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 26, 2015, 09:20:51 am
It was fine when they moved Zimmerman up to win state, but when it started to affect school board members kid playing time it wasn't allowed anymore

Flippin did the same thing several years ago.  Board members kid got replaced by a better 9th grader.  All it does is delay the inevitable.  Punishes the team and handicaps the coach.  Imagine having Malik Monk in your school as a 9th grader and not allowing your coach to move him up. 

dreamweaver68

I know Nemo plays at Guy tonight. Who else plays?

RedWolf275

According to The Jonesboro Sun, Bay travels to Marmaduke tonight. Marmaduke lost all their starters last year but should still be pretty good.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 02, 2015, 09:22:52 am
According to The Jonesboro Sun, Bay travels to Marmaduke tonight. Marmaduke lost all their starters last year but should still be pretty good.

I may head over to the Duke tonight
I have seen Bay JR and Sr teams , both games should be good ones.

BoxNOne

Should be some good games ,Olfan. The Duke will be pretty good in sr high even though the Bopp era is over. Please keep us updated if you go.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 02, 2015, 11:55:00 am
Should be some good games ,Olfan. The Duke will be pretty good in sr high even though the Bopp era is over. Please keep us updated if you go.

Will do!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 02, 2015, 11:55:00 am

Will do!!

BlackMamba

46-46 going into the 4th at the Duke

BlackMamba

Greyhounds win on a last second 3, 63-61

BoxNOne

Silky Johnson

Bay's youth has already cost them a couple games this year but hopefully they can close some more games out as the season goes on.First half was called really tight and they let both teams play a little in the 2nd.

Moonshiner

So Nemos girls are the clear cut favorite.  Who will they meet up with in the finals?  Jasper and Kingston are probably the 2 best in that region. ICC and Kirby will be in the mix.

Silky Johnson

Bay girls are getting better and may be there. They lost Flippin by 1 their second game and Maramduke beat them on a 3 at the buzzer but they have wins over 3a Corning at Corning by 12, Riverside by 21, and they beat Jasper. If they continue to improve they should be in the Regional final and could make a run in state. They're a very young team with 3 freshmen who can score and a senior that can light it up.

StateChamps09

Nemo is obviously a clear cut favorite to get another ring. There's a two peat in there future. I only know 3 of there starting five, and i don't know a team that can stop them, if you stop one the other two will score at will. There a very strong team that would take out a lot of boys teams. Haha

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on November 12, 2015, 03:16:10 pm
Nemo is obviously a clear cut favorite to get another ring. There's a two peat in there future. I only know 3 of there starting five, and i don't know a team that can stop them, if you stop one the other two will score at will. There a very strong team that would take out a lot of boys teams. Haha

Ummm...that would be a 3peat

StateChamps09

Haha I guess it's gonna be one of those days, haha. Your right. I've inly been watching them closely since last year, I forgot all about the original state win... That's crazy, is there any schools who have ever three peated?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on November 12, 2015, 04:41:57 pm
Haha I guess it's gonna be one of those days, haha. Your right. I've inly been watching them closely since last year, I forgot all about the original state win... That's crazy, is there any schools who have ever three peated?

Not recently in 1a

StateChamps09

I didn't think so, I know when I was in 8th grade the Guy-Perkins girls one two in a row, and went back there third but lost in the finals. I'm anxious to see if nemo can get it done, they've got a lot of weapons.

HorseFeathers

Girls
Smallest Class Repeat Champs: Sacred Heart(06-07), Van-Cove(96-97), McNeil(82-83), Parkdale(79-80),

Smallest Class 3 Peat Champs: Guy-Perkins(01-03)actually won 4 in 5 years...Calico Rock(74-76)was only two classes back in the 70's...

Smallest Class 4 Peat Champs: Bradley(66-69)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas