• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs. DeQueen

Started by polksalet, November 11, 2011, 10:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

Mulerider

This is big, DeQueen has a chance to get more victories over Nashville in one year than they have had in....well....you get my point!

Bigbossman

It will be jam packed. I will be standing at the gate when it opens to ensure a seat. Even if that does mean having to endure that grody raw sewage odor that comes from over by the visitor bleachers.

polksalet

That odor is the dead hopes and dreams of generations.

HORNET-MAN

Nashville +14..I said it early in the year and I still believe it ..Nashville vs PA for the state title. MARK IT DOWN.

Mulerider

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on November 11, 2011, 10:49:39 pm
Nashville +14..I said it early in the year and I still believe it ..Nashville vs PA for the state title. MARK IT DOWN.

It just simply cannot be true.  Nashville HAS NO TALENT and EVERYBODY in the town knew this down cycle was coming.  Get off of the "we won one lowly playoff game" band wagon and accept that fact that Nashville HAS NO TALENT!!!  All inside sources know this to be true so wise up!

OldScrap

I love your optimism, its a joy to see. I do believe our Scrappers are improving, & that they will have improved even more next week. Yet; I will just take it one week at a time.

Spotty

They just played at Malvern three weeks ago and only scored 7 points. That is likely their next trip- to Malvern- if they beat DeQueen.  Not sure why the result would be much different.

Wahls

We'll get to see how many Nashville fans truly jumped back on the wagon.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: Mulerider on November 11, 2011, 11:15:40 pm

It just simply cannot be true.  Nashville HAS NO TALENT and EVERYBODY in the town knew this down cycle was coming.  Get off of the "we won one lowly playoff game" band wagon and accept that fact that Nashville HAS NO TALENT!!!  All inside sources know this to be true so wise up!
10-4 lol

Bigbossman

We gladly take all the bandwagon fans back now. And so will dequeens gas stations.eaterys.concession stands.  ;)

marsh8727

Feel like I'm going to have to fight my urge to be cheap and drive to Dequeen for this one.

Wahls

Quote from: marsh8727 on November 12, 2011, 12:52:53 am
Feel like I'm going to have to fight my urge to be cheap and drive to Dequeen for this one.

I am completely broke right now but I don't think that's going to stop me from going.

marsh8727

Wahls

I'm accepting donations to the "Who wants to pay Showband's electric bill" fund.

True Player

This will be a great game, congrats to both teams for their wins in the first round and get ready for the saline river rivalry once again (in a little cooler weather and MUCH more intense atmosphere) I want to say the Leopards come out and run all over nashville; however, this is a new team and I doubt it will be close to a mercy rule. I don't think Nashville will hold the Leopards running game and I think DeQueens secondary will punish the receivers after each catch as what happened the first week. Nashville better catch the ball or it will be a long 30 minute busride back once again. Leopards by 14

~WPS~

DeQueen has no idea what's coming to town. Scrappers by 21.

Bigbossman

And go ahead and give our stick back as well.

scrapdawg

LOL...I knew someone would bring up the stick. First thing my friend said after the game last night.

AirWarren

Settle down. You beat highland.

fourpeat

Of course you all know I'd chime in here with some history.  Currently, Nashville leads the series 57-26-2.  This is the first time they've played in the playoffs.  They have only played each other twice in a season once back in 1913.  Nashville won both 7-6 and 39-0. 

DeQueen has played a conference foe in the playoffs twice: 1975 they lost to Prescott 19-0.  Playoffs in those days were at neutral sites, so it was played at Nashville.  Prescott went on to win state that year.  They also beat Ashdown in the 2000 playoffs 20-0. 

Nashville is 0-4 in playoff games against conference foes: Prescott in the first round at home in 1985.  Prescott won 7-0 as Deno Norsworthy threw 4 interceptions to Jeff Morrow in that game.  Nashville had already beaten them 11-8 earlier that year.  The Scrappers lost in 1991 and 1992 to Fordyce during regular season and playoffs as the Redbugs won state both years.  The Scrappers lost to Prescott in 1995 in state championship 14-8. 

Nashville has now won a playoff game every year for 21 straight years dating back to 1991. 

The Scrappers are now 70-25 in playoff games. Most playoff wins in state history.  The 95 playoff games is also most in state. 

Stick stays in DeQueen.  That is a regular season tradition.

fbbb22

This should be a great game...Glad DQ has stepped it up this year to give the rivalry some spark once again..... Better get there early....

fourpeat

One more thing, since 1971, Nashville has played 48 playoff games on the road.  With the help of Googlemaps.com and gobs of research, Scrapper fans have now travelled 8,242 miles in the 40 years of playoffs for this program.  WOW!!!!  From Los Angelas to the edge of Maine is only about 3500 miles! 

ScrapperMan

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 11, 2011, 11:36:55 pm

I don't know about jumping on the bandwagon but come on, we're talking about Dequeen here.

Wahls

Quote from: ScrapperMan on November 12, 2011, 03:26:41 pm

I don't know about jumping on the bandwagon but come on, we're talking about Dequeen here.

and?

I'm just going to compare crowd sizes from earlier in the year. I have a feeling it will swell.

Quote from: fourpeat on November 12, 2011, 02:43:52 pm
One more thing, since 1971, Nashville has played 48 playoff games on the road.  With the help of Googlemaps.com and gobs of research, Scrapper fans have now travelled 8,242 miles in the 40 years of playoffs for this program.  WOW!!!!  From Los Angelas to the edge of Maine is only about 3500 miles! 

You have a lot of time on your hands.

ScrapperMan

Wahls

It was still really impressive.

hawgfan15

This should be a pretty close game! Will be a awesome atmosphere! (Bart Scott voice) "Can't wait!"

Wahls

I haven't seen the endzones in Leopard Stadium fill up in 10 years, but it might happen Friday night.

redeye819

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 12, 2011, 04:52:16 pm
I haven't seen the endzones in Leopard Stadium fill up in 10 years, but it might happen Friday night.
You must have not have been there in 09!

Wahls

Quote from: redeye819 on November 12, 2011, 05:00:12 pm
You must have not have been there in 09!

I was there. I was even lucky enough to get a seat. It wasn't several people deep like this one could be, though.

redeye819

Very true! People from surrounding schools that are not in the playoffs will most definitely make an appearance!

marsh8727

November 12, 2011, 06:29:27 pm #32 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:31:02 pm by marsh8727
I think this will be quite a show.  Dequeen has played very well, overcoming their first rematch from week 3 to Booneville (in which they lost miserably).  Leopards are stoked over last week, and have surely improved as a whole throughout the season.  Nashville's looking to reclaim the stick this week, they've managed to keep their season alive even after the 'non-traditional' conference season they played.  Recalling back to weeks 2-6.. no Scrapper fan can deny they were thinking "What.. the.. ****..?"  So this week we have an obviously improved team in Dequeen lined up at home against an undoubtedly improved team in Nashville.  Any expectations you have might as well be thrown out the window--because these are not the same teams we saw in week 4.

As for the stands.. think you guys will have room for an Ashdown native @ the endzone?

Bigbossman

Quote from: marsh8727 on November 12, 2011, 06:29:27 pm
I think this will be quite a show.  Dequeen has played very well, overcoming their first rematch from week 3 to Booneville (in which they lost miserably).  Leopards are stoked over last week, and have surely improved as a whole throughout the season.  Nashville's looking to reclaim the stick this week, they've managed to keep their season alive even after the 'non-traditional' conference season they played.  Recalling back to weeks 2-6.. no Scrapper fan can deny they were thinking "What.. the.. ****..?"  So this week we have an obviously improved team in Dequeen lined up at home against an undoubtedly improved team in Nashville.  Any expectations you have might as well be thrown out the window--because these are not the same teams we saw in week 4.

As for the stands.. think you guys will have room for an Ashdown native @ the endzone?
;)

ashdown fans are welcome as long as they stay on dequeens side.

Im joking.

marsh8727

That would be a fight waiting to happen.. seeing as I'm cheering both teams.

Wahls

Quote from: marsh8727 on November 12, 2011, 06:41:03 pm
That would be a fight waiting to happen.. seeing as I'm cheering both teams.

As long as you're not standing in between the gate and the concession stand on the DQ side you'd be fine.

deltafootball3

The 4A game of the week right here! I want to say DQ will run all over the scrappers like the 1st game, but i think it will be a different game. Even though it will be a lot closer, the Leopards beat the Scrappers in round 2!!

fourpeat

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 12, 2011, 04:33:19 pm

and?

I'm just going to compare crowd sizes from earlier in the year. I have a feeling it will swell.

Showband, are you realy saying that?  That's so funny, considerring that you have almost 8000 posts on here.  It appears to me that you yourself have quite a bit of time on your hands. A lot more than me:)

Wahls

Quote from: fourpeat on November 12, 2011, 09:25:35 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 12, 2011, 04:33:19 pm

and?

Showband, are you realy saying that?  That's so funny, considerring that you have almost 8000 posts on here.  It appears to me that you yourself have quite a bit of time on your hands. A lot more than me:)

Most of my classes are online so I'm on the computer all the time, and those posts are spread out over 5 years. I read quickly and can type at about 80 WPM and I average a little over 4 posts a day - so all that considered, it's not a whole lot.

fourpeat

Quote from: ScrapperMan on November 12, 2011, 04:39:56 pm
Way too much time.
Scrapperman, you and Showband both post gobs on here.  You've got almost 2000, and he's got almost 8000.  I almost have 500 spread out over several years.  You both have a lot more time on your hands than me.  I did all that research a few years ago.  I can pull any info from it in a few seconds now.  If I have a minute or two every weekend, I'll check this site out and see what people are saying about the Scrappers.  No, I don't have much time at all to spend on here.

Wahls

I used to be a global admin on a fantasy football forum with about 300 people on it. I'm almost ashamed at the number of posts I had on there.

Mulerider

Quote from: AW on November 12, 2011, 01:41:41 pm

But you have to admit that beating a #1 seed Conference Champion on the road in the middle of your worst athletic cycle with the least amount of talent you have ever had is pretty amazing, right?

Didn't Nashville beat a high seed on the road the last time they had a rough year?  Who was that anyway?

Bigbossman

Quote from: deltafootball3 on November 12, 2011, 09:02:36 pm
The 4A game of the week right here! I want to say DQ will run all over the scrappers like the 1st game, but i think it will be a different game. Even though it will be a lot closer, the Leopards beat the Scrappers in round 2!!

until the coin flips friday night at dequeen its all speculation, best quess and trash talk.
Thst being said. Nashville takes it by two touchdowns.

apache_alum_90

~WPS~

Quote from: Mulerider on November 13, 2011, 11:06:12 am
Quote from: AW on November 12, 2011, 01:41:41 pm

But you have to admit that beating a #1 seed Conference Champion on the road in the middle of your worst athletic cycle with the least amount of talent you have ever had is pretty amazing, right?

Didn't Nashville beat a high seed on the road the last time they had a rough year?  Who was that anyway?
2003 4 seed Nashville at 1 seed Warren. Nashville won 32-29. Lost next round finished at 6-6.

GRANNY

Closer than that!

GRANNY

Where were you in 2009?

Bigbossman

Figured this thread would be 3 pages long by now? Everybody deer hunting or something? Sure not alot of talk going on.

Wahls

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 14, 2011, 08:17:20 am
Figured this thread would be 3 pages long by now? Everybody deer hunting or something? Sure not alot of talk going on.

Not enough trash talk to go 3 pages yet.

Top Shelf

Well, lets get it started then...

DQ not talkin cause they know whats coming....a beat down of epic proportions.  Scrap by 24.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas