• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA football contact rules

Started by HoopKing, October 30, 2016, 01:08:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopKing

I wanted to check on something.... I hear that football teams can only go full pads/contact 3 days per week and cannot have two consecutive days of full contact including games.  It sounds like this makes 9th graders ineligible for a sr high game on Friday night if they played Thursday night. Is this true?

Lineman

STBruin

Think the AAA allows you to play 6 quarters total a week. Don't know about the practice part...but think for games anyway.

Reddie96

Can 9th graders play theFriday after a Thursday night game? 

Rulesman

Quote from: Reddie96 on November 04, 2016, 12:16:27 am
Can 9th graders play theFriday after a Thursday night game? 
i recall reading somewhere once they play "up" they cannot play back down. But I don't think they can play "up" until their regular season is over, either.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Rulesman on November 04, 2016, 04:09:59 am
i recall reading somewhere once they play "up" they cannot play back down. But I don't think they can play "up" until their regular season is over, either.
They can play up the entire season. Just can't go back down once they do. Kids all over play on Friday after their last jr high game that Thursday. Not sure if the rule allows this but they do.

HoopKing

I'm pretty sure the rules say you can't but they do it anyway

OB11

My question goes along with this topic and I've been wondering this. 

Since the AAA is the governing body of high school athletics...when does any athlete become a "high school" player and therefore subject to AAA rules?  Is it automatic when they become 9th graders even if they only play jr high football?  Or is it only when they play in a high school sport?  Like when a 9th grader moves up...have they been under AAA jurisdiction all season even though they only play jr high?  Or do they only fall under the AAA rules when they play for the sr high? 

Or am I misunderstanding and all student athletes 7-12 are under the AAA rules and guidelines?

Rulesman

9th grade falls under AAA jurisdiction. Not sure about lower grades. The AAA handbook should be able to give you that info.

Reddie96

Quote from: Rulesman on November 04, 2016, 04:09:59 am

I guess I should've been more specific. Can they plY the last Jr high game on Thursday and then play the very next night in the Sr High game?

football_referee

If memory servers me correctly they can play on Thursday night then again on  Friday night as long as they do not play more the 6 quarters total

STBruin

bdubyab60

Teams have been doing it since I can remember.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Same for JV as for moving up the Freshman. JV plays on Monday night and some still play on Friday.  6 quarters a week is what I have been told

Made

Can anyone post the rule, have actually seen kids play more than 6 quarters in a night at smaller schools, kid may play 4 quarters in a 7th grade game then turn around and play 4 in the Jr. high game played right after. May also have played 4 quarters earlier in the week during an 8th grade game.

I am sure their are several sophmores in 2-5a that play a JV game monday/tuesday nights then turn around and play on firdays.

Rulesman

Lions84

Thanks back in the stone ages we could play Monday and Friday with no issues.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas