• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle Basketball

Started by HoopKing, September 12, 2018, 10:12:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bildo

October 28, 2018, 10:53:06 am #50 Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:28:55 pm by Bildo
The Lady Bison lost 2 starters from last year's squad. They should be able to compete at a high level.

BrianfromCarlisle

MomaLion

HoopKing

It was just girls.  Jr girls won by about 20 and senior girls won by 16

Bildo

Good win for the Lady Bison against a solid Brinkley team

MomaLion

I'm not sure if our girls will play Brinkley or not...their schedule still has the game listed on Max Preps but the boys game is gone...after the brawl, our admin won't let us play them.

Bildo

I wish every school would follow that lead when going to Marvell. There would be very few schools that Didn't have some sort of altercation there

MomaLion

Unfortunately both Brinkley and Marvell have been in our District so we had no choice but to play.  Even after the all out brawl during the girls game in Marvell a few years back we still had to play the boys game because it was mandatory.  Needless to see we now bring lots of extra security when we play in Marvell.  Now however, they are both 1A so we don't have to play.

jbtiger73

So I guess we just fight all the time, huh. 🙄

MomaLion

Well when you have an all out brawl to that degree I can certainly understand keeping them separated when possible.  I was there and saw it all, it was terrible.
Do you happen to know if our girls will still play?

jbtiger73

Honestly, I really don't know. From what I heard, it's still on

MomaLion

It's now completely off the schedule so no games.

jbtiger73

Ok then. Thanks for informing me. Who do y'all have next then?

da greatest bigbaby

We're gonna whip on 4a dewitt friday jbtiger it's @ Clarendon  lions by 20

MomaLion

Yes, we have DeWitt at home Friday night.

HoopKing

Carlisle girls beat Lonoke 46-36

LC sports

Carlisle lost a close game to Bigelow last night in OT. Carlisle's downfall was FTs. They missed 12 in regulation, I believe. If they hit a few more of those, it's not even close to going to OT. Bigelow is the best team in the conference.

As far as the Lady Bison themselves, they return 3 starters. 22 DeShaye Ricks, 3. Heather Bowlan and 35. Kiara Miller. Two new starters are 40. Shea Alberson and 12. Shelby Hancock, who played quite a bit as a freshman last year and has really developed her game. One senior who isn't playing right now is Morgan Brazeal, who has been battling illness the last month. But when she gets her strength back, she'll contribute big time. Several key reserves seeing big minutes are Taylor Cullum and Leigh Ann Wolfe.

The conference is so much tougher than the previous one ... no doubt about it. And it will make them better as the season goes along. 4-1 five games into the season isn't bad.

LC sports

Quote from: JagHog on September 25, 2018, 07:30:31 am
Carlisle's boys will never be good if they keep Horn on as the head coach, that guy is just a sweater vest on a log and can't control those kids.  Should've given the job to Johnson this summer when Horn tried to walk, instead they let Johnson walk to Midland and get a good job there.

and Jag Hog, I have no idea what you are talking about. Horn is the sup's name. Coach Slatton is a great coach. He's won a lot of games in both Arkansas and Texas. Just look him up. The boys are playing hard. They fought back from 12 down against Bigelow to force OT. Very proud of them.

Bildo

Carlisle High School was awarded the Senior High District Basketball & 7th Grade District Basketball Tournaments today at our conference meeting. 

Also, were awarded the Baseball/Softball District Tournaments as well.

Sonofasonofasailor

On the girls side, I saw in the Demozette England beat Carlisle last night, putting CHS at 10-5 for the year.  Is that in line with expectations?

Cheek

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on December 30, 2018, 07:04:55 am
On the girls side, I saw in the Demozette England beat Carlisle last night, putting CHS at 10-5 for the year.  Is that in line with expectations?

I think the conference is a lot tougher than they were accustomed too. Carlisle has a good team but has lost the close games. Carlisle only has five competitive game left until the district tournament.  England and Magnet Cove can go either way.  I expect they will lose at Bigelow.  Poyen has a solid team this year, but do not know how they will match up against Carlisle.   Carlisle has a shot at the two seed, but I expect they will be fighting for the 3 or 4 seed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas