• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day 2 Score Thread

Started by Mr. Trill, February 28, 2018, 11:31:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

Quote from: Cheek on March 01, 2018, 10:49:05 pm
It will be Earle and MT in the finals., and I think MT will win this year.
They need to Bearden and Clarendon...

AT

Boys Bracket After Day 2:

Parkers Chapel
Earle

White County Central/Clarendon
Bearden/Marked Tree

AT

Girls Bracket After Day 2:

Caddo Hills
Earle

Quitman/Carlisle
Spring Hill/Westside

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Earle and Clarendon

MomaLion

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 01, 2018, 07:37:59 pm
I guess Verizon don't work very well here.....lol
Neither does AT&T

Dogg

March 02, 2018, 12:40:44 am #105 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:00:53 am by Dogg
Quote from: baller334 on March 01, 2018, 08:28:45 pm
You know exactly what I mean. There's always a player or two that shows up at the end of the year from somewhere. Look at your football team!!
This is what shows up at the end of the year.
9X this is what has showed up at the end of the year!
🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 01, 2018, 11:31:55 pm
Earle and Clarendon
If we wake up and start playing like we can this could happen. Lots of variables and honestly Clarendon,  Marked Tree and Earle could each win depending on who's hot that day. I don't know enough about Bearden or WCC to have an opinion on them. PC won't match up well with an athletic,  fast team. Had England not unraveled at the end,  they'd have had that game.

MT Legend

Earle still has to beat PC and MT still has to beat bearden and Clarendon or WCC. I hope you right though we will sure take it.

MT Legend

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 01, 2018, 11:31:55 pm
Earle and Clarendon
yeah y'all for sure have our number right now. It very well could be y'all and Earle.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on March 02, 2018, 12:49:38 am
If we wake up and start playing like we can this could happen. Lots of variables and honestly Clarendon,  Marked Tree and Earle could each win depending on who's hot that day. I don't know enough about Bearden or WCC to have an opinion on them. PC won't match up well with an athletic,  fast team. Had England not unraveled at the end,  they'd have had that game.
you might be right but PC can shoot the lights out! Something a lot of teams have trouble with!

Ctucker

I know one thing this is some of the worst shooting from teams I've ever seen! There has got to be some kind of record for missed Free throws and 3 pointers in a tournament! Of course a lot of the 3 pointers was bad selection and just bad shot I've seen more just totally miss everything been some horrible shooting!

HG Hornet

Throwing my support to Tyler Berry, Garrett McWhorter, and the rest of the Bearden Bears. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MT Legend on March 02, 2018, 04:39:28 am
yeah y'all for sure have our number right now. It very well could be y'all and Earle.

There is no "y'all" here, I'm from Des Arc. I'm just enjoying watching basketball. That's just who I think makes it. Although it's gonna be extremely hard to beat WCC at home.

N2DEEP

Free throws are bad because they are not taught. In todays basketball most kids need a layup or hope for a wild 3 pointer. Long gone are the days of a 12 foot jumper.

These kids get it from watching the NBA and college, the current players suck at free throws and mid range jumpers. kids would rather post up outside the 3 point line on a break instead of going for an 8 foot off backboard shot.

Any kid thought of as a shooter should be 80%+ on free throws. 50% is for 3rd string uncoordinated post players.

Yogi bear

Quote from: CHG Hornet on March 02, 2018, 06:36:04 am
Throwing my support to Tyler Berry, Garrett McWhorter, and the rest of the Bearden Bears.

Yogi bear

Quote from: CHG Hornet on March 02, 2018, 06:36:04 am

Thanks Hornet. We are going to need it .

birddawg1986

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 01, 2018, 11:22:04 pm
Boys Bracket After Day 2:

Parkers Chapel
Earle

White County Central/Clarendon
Bearden/Marked Tree
Parkers Chapel survived. Those missed FTs at the end forced OT and PC dominated. I'm sure that Earle will press the whole game. The guards for PC had lots of issues when England pressed. Earle will gobble these Trojans up.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on March 02, 2018, 06:08:52 am
you might be right but PC can shoot the lights out! Something a lot of teams have trouble with!
They need to be more aggressive. With their size,  they should get many more offensive rebound shots. The big guy seems a little unsure of himself.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on March 02, 2018, 07:53:31 am
They need to be more aggressive. With their size,  they should get many more offensive rebound shots. The big guy seems a little unsure of himself.
yes I wasn't real impressed with big guy the guards and small forward was legit!

Ctucker

I want to give a shout out to Earles players and coaches the boy from lighthouse should have got tossed right before half when he got up in Earles players face, but the  Earle kid did not say a word or react kudos to parents and coaches of Earle! It should have been his second T which outomatic gives him tossed! That's my personal opinion I know some will not agree! No place for that!

PapaHog

There's been a ton of missed shots because we have a bunch of terrible shots. This has been terrible basketball. What we've got here is a group of athletes that have put athleted their competition. PC is the best BASKETBALL team left in the tournament from what I've seen, but they don't have the freak athletes that the rest of the field brings to the table. PC has to take care of the ball better than they did yesterday if they want to survive and advance to the finals.

FromTheBench

If England could hit a free throw they win that game by 6 last night. I've not seen a lot of discipline from that bunch either. What's the deal with not shaking hands and paying a team who just beat you the respect they deserve? That's kind of what it's all about this time of year. Suck it up, you lost, walking thru the hand shake line with drooping shoulders and hands down is not going to change the outcome, it will only change the way people perceive your attitudes. With all that said, I think England has a good young team this year. They are very atheltic but lack a true post game. We will see them back next year.

MT Legend

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2018, 06:51:40 am
There is no "y'all" here, I'm from Des Arc. I'm just enjoying watching basketball. That's just who I think makes it. Although it's gonna be extremely hard to beat WCC at home.
i thought you was with Clarendon my bad. I think anyone that is left has a chance to win it all.

Rida4Life

I said way back that if PC was shooting it well come state tournament they could win it.  They shot it pretty good but not lights out yesterday.  They made free throws and that was ultimately the difference.  PC may not scare you with athleticism but they are long and play very good fundamental ball. 
Rumor is Earle players were talking a lot of "stuff" to the PC folks yesterday.... hope we can give them a reality check Saturday.

Ctucker

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 02, 2018, 09:18:35 am
I said way back that if PC was shooting it well come state tournament they could win it.  They shot it pretty good but not lights out yesterday.  They made free throws and that was ultimately the difference.  PC may not scare you with athleticism but they are long and play very good fundamental ball. 
Rumor is Earle players were talking a lot of "stuff" to the PC folks yesterday.... hope we can give them a reality check Saturday.
they shot real good when they was open that's as good as it's going to get Earle defense is not going to give easy shots either!

Ctucker

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 02, 2018, 08:38:11 am
If England could hit a free throw they win that game by 6 last night. I've not seen a lot of discipline from that bunch either. What's the deal with not shaking hands and paying a team who just beat you the respect they deserve? That's kind of what it's all about this time of year. Suck it up, you lost, walking thru the hand shake line with drooping shoulders and hands down is not going to change the outcome, it will only change the way people perceive your attitudes. With all that said, I think England has a good young team this year. They are very atheltic but lack a true post game. We will see them back next year.
If lighthouse hit Free throws they win by six too but they didn't and England didnt

Ctucker

Quote from: PapaHog on March 02, 2018, 08:33:09 am
There's been a ton of missed shots because we have a bunch of terrible shots. This has been terrible basketball. What we've got here is a group of athletes that have put athleted their competition. PC is the best BASKETBALL team left in the tournament from what I've seen, but they don't have the freak athletes that the rest of the field brings to the table. PC has to take care of the ball better than they did yesterday if they want to survive and advance to the finals.
[/quote I said y'all good give Earle a game didn't say they wouldn't beat you so if Earle beats y'all yalls still the best Basketball team!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The guards for P.C. are the ones holding the big kid back. I saw 4 plays last night were he was open on the block and would point up at the rim wanting a lot (which would be a given) and the guards either threw it at his feet or took a bad shot or dribbled to long or passed to someone else. Throw it up and let him dunk it.

Rida4Life

I think he has 0 dunks in 30+ games this year.  He's a solid fundamental player but he's not overly athletic.

Baller2121

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2018, 09:41:44 am
The guards for P.C. are the ones holding the big kid back. I saw 4 plays last night were he was open on the block and would point up at the rim wanting a lot (which would be a given) and the guards either threw it at his feet or took a bad shot or dribbled to long or passed to someone else. Throw it up and let him dunk it.

I agree with you he definitely didn't get enough touches I thought. He turns over that left shoulder well when he gets it in the post.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 02, 2018, 09:49:41 am
I think he has 0 dunks in 30+ games this year.  He's a solid fundamental player but he's not overly athletic.

Really? 0 dunks at 6'10ish, WOW.

eldofan

Rida4Life

the last coach didn't believe much in the weight room.  Safe to say that he will get plenty of work on power and explosion this off-season.

southarkdaddy

I don't think PC needs to explain why their 2 all state guards aren't getting a post player who is 6'10 and doesn't average double figures the ball

Rida4Life

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 02, 2018, 11:17:40 am
I don't think PC needs to explain why their 2 all state guards aren't getting a post player who is 6'10 and doesn't average double figures the ball
Probably some truth there. 

birddawg1986

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2018, 09:41:44 am
You are correct about that. And how many times did they bounce pass to his ankles ??? which all ended up in TOs. Has Bill Raferty would say "Throw it up to the big guy and let him go get it"

PapaHog

I'm saying PC plays the game cleaner. More fundamental. With a higher IQ for the game. Earle is going to be a ton more athletic. Earle can beat them on that alone.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Who brings the ball down? The guards. Who controls who touches the ball? The guards. If they don't give him the ball in position to score, he's not gonna do much. 

The coach should figure out why his team played better and smoother after the p.g. fouled out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 02, 2018, 11:36:04 am
You are correct about that. And how many times did they bounce pass to his ankles ??? which all ended up in TOs. Has Bill Raferty would say "Throw it up to the big guy and let him go get it"

Exactly

Pit Bull

Quote from: PapaHog on March 02, 2018, 11:57:14 am
I'm saying PC plays the game cleaner. More fundamental. With a higher IQ for the game. Earle is going to be a ton more athletic. Earle can beat them on that alone.

Higher IQ??? How do you quantify this opinion when our kids started playing organized ball in the 2nd grade?

Ctucker

I got a ideal! After games if you lose just tell the other team good game and congrats and congratulate your team for a great season! Let's see you can do that! Anybody can make excuses they are like you know what and everybody has one! We want the kids to do it let's see if we can show good sportsman ship!

birddawg1986

I don't think the guards that PC have can break the Earle press. If they had 6'8 in the middle then that might happen. But after watching them last night England was not that fast nor quick. It will seem like Earle has 8 folks on the floor when Billy's yelling "Get Up" Earle by double digits

Dogg

Really

little.guy.23

Double figures? The game has a lot more to do with than points... how many shots does he alter? How many people does he box out, he opens the floor up for the guards because of him getting doubled and triple teamed. If you didn't know PC is 29-0 with the big man on the floor. Obviously you don't know anything about basketball if you think scoring is all that matters. It is a team sport. He scores when they need him to score. He plays the game different and maybe that's why they're 29-0 with him on the floor. They have other guys that will score. Everybody has their roll. The 6'10" kid does what the team needs him to do sometimes that's just play great defense and do the fundamentals and things others don't do  and sometimes it's to score 17 in the first half like against foreman. PC is a basketball TEAM... every player knows what needs to be done to win. It seems to be working.

Dogg

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 02, 2018, 09:18:35 am
Earle players don't roll like that. Earle fans may have been talking trash to lighthouse fans but not to PC.

BigLion10

Sounds like PC fans had a lot of problems with other teams Dogg. Hmmmm

Dogg

He doesn't understand how the Nation operates. Earle student section and lighthouse fans got into a trash talking contest last night because there is a history. We knocked them off last year in the state tournament.

old.dole

Stayed for that game last night and there were several times I got caught watching the two student sections go at it   

Mr. Trill

Lol I wonder how that turned out

Enrico Polatzo

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 02, 2018, 11:13:52 am
the last coach didn't believe much in the weight room.  Safe to say that he will get plenty of work on power and explosion this off-season.

Also safe to say that that the last coach did a better than avg job developing the fundamental skills needed to play the game of basketball at a high level! They've lost what, 3 games! Safe to say that none of those losses are because they got shoved around. Won what 27-28 games. Safe to say that elevated skill level played a part in many of there wins against teams who were more athletic. Take nothing away from current coach or players. He has done a super job with this team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas