• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 2a Boys Team

Started by Bigred18, December 28, 2017, 12:07:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigred18

I would like to know the best 2a teams in the state, maybe I haven't seen play or heard of. I'm going to say Marked Tree is definitely one of the best if not the best in 2a right now.

HorseFeathers

Marked tree Earle and clarendon

teachers pet

old.dole

Don't count out Bearden or parkers chapel

da greatest bigbaby

MomaLion

Clarendon lost to 5A JA Fair by 6 and 6A Pine Bluff by 4... missing a key starter on this one... and defeated 7A LR Central... undefeated in 2A

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MomaLion on December 28, 2017, 10:28:53 pm
Clarendon lost to 5A JA Fair by 6 and 6A Pine Bluff by 4... missing a key starter on this one... and defeated 7A LR Central... undefeated in 2A

Clarendon sounds tough , I watched Marked Tree in the NEA tourney, they looked really good.

MomaLion

We struggled some the last 2 games without JD, but we're playing much larger schools and getting the competition that we just don't get in regular season. Our game against Fair however was outstanding even though it was a loss. Tonight will be a huge test against McGhee. They are very scrappy and their fan base is as rowdy as any I've ever seen. They beat Pine Bluff the other night in Pine Bluff and that is very hard to do.

Ctucker

Earle only lost to bentonville by 3 points.  Earle and Marktree are the best 2 teams in 2a right now.

eldofan

December 29, 2017, 06:08:24 pm #9 Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:15:49 pm by eldofan
Parkers Chapel has cooled off since the hot start . Lost to Crossett today .  Not sure this team can make the state tournament . Very inconsistent the last 2 weeks . Unfortunately the district schedule will not provide many tough games.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on December 29, 2017, 11:51:11 am
Earle only lost to bentonville by 3 points.  Earle and Marktree are the best 2 teams in 2a right now.

No doubt.  A healthy Clarendon team is right up there with them.   I have seen Mt Pine play and they are no where close to these three.  They have good guards but no post game.

MomaLion

Final on tonight's game
Clarendon 62
McGehee 51
We get JD back next week

Ctucker

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 30, 2017, 06:18:06 pm
Quitman could be a true force
Wcc has beat them by 11 and 16 and I would say WCC is about 6 or 7 in top ten at this time! Quitman does have decent team but I don't think top ten yet!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Daddy eagle on December 30, 2017, 06:40:44 pm
That is fine. I beleave in these boys. They have exackly what it takes to go the extra mile. Just wait

If they have been beaten by WCC by 11 and 16 points respectively, they want no part of Earle, Marked Tree or Clarendon.

blue_powerade

Quote from: eldofan on December 29, 2017, 06:08:24 pm
Parkers Chapel has cooled off since the hot start . Lost to Crossett today .  Not sure this team can make the state tournament . Very inconsistent the last 2 weeks . Unfortunately the district schedule will not provide many tough games.
Parkers Chapel has had 6'9 junior Josh Osborn out the past two weeks with an ankle injury. Lack of rebounding and a defensive post presence has led to them slipping up and losing to teams that when they have big man they win by 15+. Heard he is returning after break so we'll see if this puts Chapel back on track.

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 31, 2017, 10:09:28 am
If they have been beaten by WCC by 11 and 16 points respectively, they want no part of Earle, Marked Tree or Clarendon.
I agree with Earle And Marktree I think Wcc can hang with Clarendon and maybe beat I could be wrong but that's my opionion!

eldofan

Quote from: blue_powerade on December 31, 2017, 12:12:03 pm
Parkers Chapel has had 6'9 junior Josh Osborn out the past two weeks with an ankle injury. Lack of rebounding and a defensive post presence has led to them slipping up and losing to teams that when they have big man they win by 15+. Heard he is returning after break so we'll see if this puts Chapel back on track.
i know he has been out . Will see how they respond when he gets back full strength.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on December 31, 2017, 01:07:30 pm
I agree with Earle And Marktree I think Wcc can hang with Clarendon and maybe beat I could be wrong but that's my opionion!

From looking at their wins, I think you would be wrong.

MomaLion

With everyone healthy and clicking, Clarendon would be a handful for anyone in 2A...that said, we are human and capable of an off game once in a while...our games against both LR Central and Pine Bluff were off nights for us(we were also missing a starting senior for all 3 games), but they came out strong against McGehee, which btw was the stronger of those 3 teams by far.  I think they proved themselves worthy of being in any conversation about top teams.

Ctucker

January 01, 2018, 10:45:19 am #19 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:48:28 am by Ctucker
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 01, 2018, 12:40:40 am
From looking at their wins, I think you would be wrong.
You can't go by who they play in other classes! In the 3a the team most people has at 1 lost to valley springs there only lose and valley springs is not very good  watched them at berryville! And lighthouse beat 6a searcy this means nothing I seen them in summer camp at Pangburn and I just think we can beat them like I said I could be wrong but don't throw I beat higher class teams means nothing unless them teams are real good!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

January 01, 2018, 10:58:23 am #20 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:44:51 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Ctucker on January 01, 2018, 10:45:19 am
You can't go by who they play in other classes! In the 3a the team most people has at 1 lost to valley springs there only lose and valley springs is not very good  watched them at berryville! And lighthouse beat 6a searcy this means nothing I seen them in summer camp at Pangburn and I just think we can beat them like I said I could be wrong but don't throw I beat higher class teams means nothing unless them teams are real good!

You are right, but I can only figure a HEALTHY Clarendon is a better team than 6 guards and 1 forward from Earle that I watched beat WCC. So I'm not just basing it off who played who.

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 01, 2018, 10:58:23 am
You are right, but I can only figure a HEALTHY Clarendon is a better team than 6 guards and 1 forward from Earle that I watched beat WCC with. So I'm not just basing it off who played who.
[/quote None of it really matters it will all be settled at  State and I will go on record now saying it will be Marktree or Earle!And by the way nobody has seen Earle yet I mean the Earle that will be at State whole different animal! I just think we can control tempo on Clarendon and like I said could be wrong just opionion! I know we both bring back 4 starters and 1 transfer, and we Both  lost to same team last year in state Cutter. They just beat Clarendon a little more!And Wcc beat them at camp which I no means nothing. I beat it would be a great game maybe we will meet in 1st round of state!

MomaLion

The point is that we've played a tough non conference schedule and done very well. You're the one that's making predictions. I know that any team can be beat. But I can promise that it wouldn't be easy.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 01, 2018, 03:38:30 pm
The point is that we've played a tough non conference schedule and done very well. You're the one that's making predictions. I know that any team can be beat. But I can promise that it wouldn't be easy.
No that's not the point I'm just saying I don't think any of us will beat Marktree Or Earle that's my opionion and that has nothing to do with your schedule!

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 01, 2018, 06:25:38 pm
No that's not the point I'm just saying I don't think any of us will beat Marktree Or Earle that's my opionion and that has nothing to do with your schedule!
LOL, I wasn't even talking about Marked Tree or Earle...I haven't seen either team play.  I'm speaking of your prediction that WCC could hang with or even beat Clarendon(your words)...maybe they can, maybe they can't, but we've proven that we can play with some really good and really large schools with more depth.  It looks like y'alls best games were against Tuckerman and Concord...both early in the season.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 01, 2018, 11:58:36 pm
LOL, I wasn't even talking about Marked Tree or Earle...I haven't seen either team play.  I'm speaking of your prediction that WCC could hang with or even beat Clarendon(your words)...maybe they can, maybe they can't, but we've proven that we can play with some really good and really large schools with more depth.  It looks like y'alls best games were against Tuckerman and Concord...both early in the season.
I said I might be wrong but I think we can.Was just stating my opionion and I still have same one! Even after yalls schedule.

MomaLion

Maybe we'll get to find out.

baller334

1 Marked Tree
2 Clarendon
3 Earle
And who ever else wants to jump in lol.

SouthBall

Quote from: eldofan on December 31, 2017, 01:27:25 pm
i know he has been out . Will see how they respond when he gets back full strength.
They'll finish with him how they started with him, unbeat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas