• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any ideas about Regional Tourneys

Started by BigBob, December 05, 2017, 11:31:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

Anyone have a clue when they will decide or who has put a bid in?

bluegrassboy75

Usually voted on in mid January.  As far as who bid this year, haven't heard.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Rumors that Eureka and Magazine will have their names in the hat.

redrider30

From the 2A-2 Marmaduke will bid on the regional and I would expect Sloan Hendrix to also bid. BIC may not bid due to construction of high school around their gym, like all construction sites it's a mess but will be very nice when completed. This region was held at Carlisle last year so I would expect AAA to give it to the other conference this season but who knows.

BigLion10

Hope Marmaduke doesn't bid on state again not enough room

redrider30

You can wish in one hand and crap in the other because we are going to keep bidding and as long as we keep sending the AAA more money than everybody else for attendance we will keep on getting it every few years. Especially when other people don't bid.

redrider30

BigLion you should know that AAA doesn't care if we have enough room. They only care about cash $$$$. This has been proven over and over again. If they cared about anything other than $$ they would have had the 2013 finals at the Convocation Center instead of the old horse barn "Barton Coliseum". They had to hang up shower curtains for stall doors on the bathrooms. If that don't prove it, nothing ever will.

BigLion10

No arguement from me about that redrider, I just hate watching state games there lol

Bildo

December 11, 2017, 11:17:30 am #8 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:26:03 am by Bildo
Isn't the reason they had it in Barton in 2013 was because the Summit was hosting the Sun Belt conference tournament?

BigLion10

Bildo

dentist15

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on December 10, 2017, 06:39:40 pm
Rumors that Eureka and Magazine will have their names in the hat.

With their "new" gyms, they'll be good locations....Though I preferred both schools old gyms (having played at both way back in the day. Nothing like the atmosphere in the tiny gyms with the stands packed.)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dentist15 on December 11, 2017, 12:59:37 pm
With their "new" gyms, they'll be good locations....Though I preferred both schools old gyms (having played at both way back in the day. Nothing like the atmosphere in the tiny gyms with the stands packed.)

New gyms are more comfortable.....old gyms have a better atmosphere, for the most part....

Hgalum50

Camden HG has a new gym! Went and watched the Emerson game last night. Boy does it look nice and so do our boys and girls teams.

ak58

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 13, 2017, 10:20:44 am
Camden HG has a new gym! Went and watched the Emerson game last night. Boy does it look nice and so do our boys and girls teams.
that would be a nice home court advantage as well. Highly likely that HG girls advance to regional finals or at least semis

Hgalum50

Quote from: ak58 on December 13, 2017, 01:03:00 pm
that would be a nice home court advantage as well. Highly likely that HG girls advance to regional finals or at least semis
I expected the girls to be pretty good, but the boys are playing great rn and just got alot of talent fron football. They are 7-3 rn the loses were earlier without players and they were close loses beside to Nevada.

redrider30

You are correct about the tournament being at Barton and the reason why but the AAA did take bids that year and I heard that the Convocation Center bid on it but their bid was higher so they took the lower bid and had the finals in an old dilapidated building that wasn't fit to host such an event. $$$$$$

Basketballfan13

Quote from: redrider30 on December 14, 2017, 08:26:55 am
You are correct about the tournament being at Barton and the reason why but the AAA did take bids that year and I heard that the Convocation Center bid on it but their bid was higher so they took the lower bid and had the finals in an old dilapidated building that wasn't fit to host such an event. $$$$$$
Speak for yourself, those were great memories...I still remember taking the team pictures in the same spot I lead my pig down the chute to show at state fair.lol You could hardly notice it with the random curtains thrown up around you;)

ak58

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 13, 2017, 01:11:34 pm
I expected the girls to be pretty good, but the boys are playing great rn and just got alot of talent fron football. They are 7-3 rn the loses were earlier without players and they were close loses beside to Nevada.
I personally hope Lafayette County gets it. Just a 20 minute drive, nice gym, always a home game for SH. 😆 Our regional is a more competitive this year than some people think. Boys and Girls

Hgalum50

Quote from: ak58 on December 14, 2017, 10:33:26 am
I personally hope Lafayette County gets it. Just a 20 minute drive, nice gym, always a home game for SH. 😆 Our regional is a more competitive this year than some people think. Boys and Girls
That actually ain't a bad drive from HG either!

southarkdaddy

Quote from: ak58 on December 14, 2017, 10:33:26 am

Bearden ran away with boys last year.  No reason to think they won't do that again unless PC really is that much improved. 

BigLion10

Ctucker

MT Pine has some good wins too!Not sure but their in this region?

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: southarkdaddy on December 14, 2017, 11:16:37 am
Bearden ran away with boys last year.  No reason to think they won't do that again unless PC really is that much improved.

Last year Bearden won but it took an upset over Cutter-Morning Star in the regional finals. This year I'd put the top 4 teams as Parkers Chapel, Bearden, Mountain Pine, and Blevins in some order. No one really stands out after those 4.

eldofan

Quote from: southarkdaddy on December 14, 2017, 11:16:37 am
Pc has already beaten Bearden and they are better than last year.

ak58

Bearden didn't just dominate Blevins in that semi final game either. It was close down to the end.

old.dole

What was the final in that one. I don't remember what the score ended up beig

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: old.dole on December 14, 2017, 08:26:41 pm
What was the final in that one. I don't remember what the score ended up beig

I was at that game, actually. Had to go back and check the score. Bearden won 63-56. Blevins led almost the entire game but Bearden pulled it out in the 4th quarter. It was a really good game.

bearbacker52

how do they determine where regionals is played at? do they rotate everyyear?

southarkdaddy

Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 15, 2017, 08:46:37 pm
how do they determine where regionals is played at? do they rotate everyyear?

bids

redrider30

Was told this weekend that Pangburn would bid on the 2A State tournament. They hosted in 2015 and did a fabulous job.

ak58

3 Dollar

Bids deadline: January 4th, 2018
Location determination meeting:  January 11th, 2018

Ctucker

birddawg1986

I know Carlisle got the one last year hopefully they will reward the other district (Marmaduke, BIC, Marked Tree, EPC)

Bildo

I don't see the AAA having Regionals in the same area in back to back years unless no one bid. Carlisle did not bid on Regionals and I would bet that it will be in NEA.

redrider30

I would look for bids from Marmaduke and Sloan Hendrix to host the Regional. Not sure about BIC since they have a huge construction project going on, parking is a mess and they are not using the front entrance to gym but I could be wrong.

birddawg1986

Quote from: redrider30 on January 04, 2018, 02:11:17 pm
I would look for bids from Marmaduke and Sloan Hendrix to host the Regional. Not sure about BIC since they have a huge construction project going on, parking is a mess and they are not using the front entrance to gym but I could be wrong.
I figured Marmaduke would skip this to bid for state. I imagine SH will bid too. Think Marked Tree & EPC both put bids in also.

biglion1985

birddawg1986

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 04, 2018, 03:45:54 pm
EPC gym isn't big enough
It will seat according to AAA rules

Class 2A Regionals - Seating capacity for 1000. NOTE: Seating capacity is based on a minimum width of 18 inches.

baller334

jdwalk

I'd expect Poyen to bid on regionals. New gym seats over 1500

redrider30

Marmaduke has bid on regional and state. I've heard that Pangburn and Carlisle has also bid on the state. Not sure who else has bid.

redrider30

If EPC and Marked Tree have bid on regionals then AAA should check the gyms for capacity. There is no way you can seat 1,000 in either gym based on 18". EPC is hosting the 2A-2 district and it will be packed.

birddawg1986

Quote from: redrider30 on January 05, 2018, 08:18:47 am
If EPC and Marked Tree have bid on regionals then AAA should check the gyms for capacity. There is no way you can seat 1,000 in either gym based on 18". EPC is hosting the 2A-2 district and it will be packed.
Aw plenty room at either venue. Just isn't as comfortable for fans like the big gyms.

redrider30

2A State Bids
Carlisle
Quitman
Pangburn
Marmaduke
White Co. Central

2A North Region Bids
Marmaduke
Hazen
Marked Tree

Not sure about other regions.