• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooten's top 10.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, October 20, 2014, 07:21:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

:D

1. Charleston (7-0)
2. Booneville (6-1)
3. Smackover (6-1)
4. Prescott (7-0)
5. Lamar (5-2)
6. Episcopal Collegiate (6-1)
7. McGehee (5-2)
8. Harding Academy (5-2)
9. Mayflower (5-2)
10. Bald Knob (6-1)

WPWells

Not bad. I feel like there's a clear division after the top 7

Coltfan2005

I just don't see Ec at #6. They have beaten two 2A schools and 4 teams that have about 4 teams between them. Prescott drubbed them and EC is sitting two slots below?

KOJACK

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 20, 2014, 08:07:53 pm
I just don't see Ec at #6. They have beaten two 2A schools and 4 teams that have about 4 teams between them. Prescott drubbed them and EC is sitting two slots below?
EC$ is a solid team. They have an explosive offense and solid d. They will give people problems in the playoffs. IMO

soldier

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 07:21:59 pm

1. Charleston (7-0)
2. Booneville (6-1)
3. Smackover (6-1)
4. Prescott (7-0)
5. Lamar (5-2)
7. McGehee (5-2)
8. Harding Academy (5-2)
9. Mayflower (5-2)
10. Bald Knob (6-1)

I see 1-5 is pretty solid: 6-10 ...questionable.

Pastureboy21

I know this thread isn't about personal top ten, but, here's mine anyway:

1. Charleston
2. Preskitt
3. Smackover
4. Booneville
5. ECS
6. McGehee
7. Lamar
8. Osceola
9. Mayflower
10. Hoxie

Big Red

Quote from: soldier on October 20, 2014, 08:58:57 pm

1. Charleston (7-0)
2. Booneville (6-1)
3. Smackover (6-1)
4. Prescott (7-0)
5. Lamar (5-2)
7. McGehee (5-2)
8. Harding Academy (5-2)
9. Mayflower (5-2)
10. Bald Knob (6-1)

I agree.  At this point, I feel comfortable saying that those are the best 5 teams in 3A this year, and I think you can put a period on it.  And also, it is the first time in more than 5 years that my guys, Harding Academy (my daughters school) aren't in the top 5, actually the top 3 in my opinion at any point during the season in the last 5 years.  But Chucktown is number one until proven otherwise.  The playoffs will be interesting this year.  There seems to be a little more parity this year than I can remember lately.  And next year even more, but that's too far ahead.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 20, 2014, 10:27:00 pm
I know this thread isn't about personal top ten, but, here's mine anyway:

1. Charleston
2. Preskitt
3. Smackover
4. Booneville
5. ECS
6. McGehee
7. Lamar
8. Osceola
9. Mayflower
10. Hoxie

I respect your opinion...
What really stinks about this years brackets is the fact that Five of the top 10 teams are all in the top part.

Pastureboy21

Top: Mcgehee, Booneville, Charleston, Hoxie, Preskitt

Bottom: Mayflower, Smackover, ECS, Lamar

I feel much more comfortable down here...

snoopy22

It is my opinion that there is a really strong top 7 as well.

adaptedtigerfan

Lamar in the finals....   Just sayin

Pastureboy21

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 21, 2014, 08:44:10 am

What is your deal with Smackover? ._.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 21, 2014, 08:34:32 am

ECS and Smackover should meet in the semi-finals.

adaptedtigerfan

I don't have a deal with Smackover.  Why would you ask that?

adaptedtigerfan

I made a comment about Lamar and you think I have a deal with Smackover.   #confused

Proud Buckaroo

I believe you've said that before. That Smackover would lose to Lamar, and they would go to the finals.

adaptedtigerfan

You mean to tell me......  You been posting on here every day as well as I have and you can't tell that I have 3 claps and 10,000 slaps for a reason.    Lol

WPWells

Honestly, after watching that stuff on Smackover yesterday, it would be a fantastic game between them and Lamar

adaptedtigerfan

It would be nothing short of "remarkable".  Bahahaha

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 21, 2014, 09:31:12 am
You mean to tell me......  You been posting on here every day as well as I have and you can't tell that I have 3 claps and 10,000 slaps for a reason.    Lol

And the Troll of the year award goes to....

*drum roll.* Please..

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 21, 2014, 09:33:34 am

Now, now. If I cannot use the Kojack trademark word "bro", then you cannot use the Wildcat trademark "remarkable."

adaptedtigerfan

Ok gotcha....   I apologize

cdelaney

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 21, 2014, 09:35:51 am

Now, now. If I cannot use the Kojack trademark word "bro", then you cannot use the Wildcat trademark "remarkable."
FF should have a way to block the use of the word "remarkable" if it does not occur in the same sentence as EC$, out of respect for Grandpa and his buddy Kojack. They should have a trademark on it and get royalties.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hey PB or any other buckaroos.  May show your age if anyone knows.  Does the name Pete Prewett ring a bell?

cdelaney

Quote from: soldier on October 20, 2014, 08:58:57 pm

1. Charleston (7-0)
2. Booneville (6-1)
3. Smackover (6-1)
4. Prescott (7-0)
5. Lamar (5-2)
7. McGehee (5-2)
8. Harding Academy (5-2)
9. Mayflower (5-2)
10. Bald Knob (6-1)

I would say 1-4 solid, or rather 1 is solid, and 2-4 are solid, and after that who knows for sure? Right now I could not pick a clear favorite in games between any two teams in 5-10.

bigcat72

It's bad when the 4 seed in the 4-3a is better draw  than the 2 or 3. I feel the 5 seed last year was the best seed after the 1 as well.

Longfellow

Lamar could definitely beat Smackover and wind up in the finals. Imagine an all 3A-4 state final!

cdelaney

Quote from: bigcat72 on October 21, 2014, 10:56:34 am
It's bad when the 4 seed in the 4-3a is better draw  than the 2 or 3. I feel the 5 seed last year was the best seed after the 1 as well.
There are about 10 additional ridiculous pairings in these brackets, without even taking into account the teams that will fill the bracket slots this particular year. Every conference should have their 1 and 4 on one side and their 2 and 3 on the other side, and they should not have to play each other (if they keep winning) until the third round. The 5 seeds (if there has to be a 5 seed in the playoffs) could be sprinkled in as cannon fodder where needed (Earle exception last year). They could have one permanent bracket and just rotate the conference numbers each year, so that the byes would be spread out over time.  But nobody from the AAA asked me for my opinion.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: cdelaney on October 21, 2014, 10:23:59 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 21, 2014, 09:35:51 am

FF should have a way to block the use of the word "remarkable" if it does not occur in the same sentence as EC$, out of respect for Grandpa and his buddy Kojack. They should have a trademark on it and get royalties.
The whippersnappers have no respect for the old man's word anymore...times are a changing

BUCK FEVER

why because they played ya"ll a decent game ???....We will silence this Lamar love affair you guys have.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 21, 2014, 09:19:02 am
Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 21, 2014, 08:34:32 am

ECS and Smackover should meet in the semi-finals.

*given that we stay healthy

If all goes well and this matchup happens, that game would be back in Smack correct?

Proud Buckaroo

Yes it would be in Smackover. Given Smackovee beats Mcgehee we will have home field advantage the whole playoffs.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 21, 2014, 07:40:42 pm

why because they played ya"ll a decent game ???....We will silence this Lamar love affair you guys have.

Because they are a better team than you think they are, that's why.

Proud Buckaroo

Clara Allen

October 22, 2014, 06:07:15 am #35 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:13:33 am by warriorsforever2
Well, I can't disagree with #1 and 2.  Like at all.  Prescott has the tradition, and I know little about Smackover except what Buck has to say.  The Warriors are solid. The Warriors have played in the past everyone in the Top 10 except Smackover, Episcopal and Bald Knob.  But before someone else says it, the past is in the past.   We (Warriors) need to focus on the remainder of the season and take care of our next three games or this whole conversation is moot. 

Yeah, I'm a homer and a girl  but the 4-3A is pretty tough as conferences go. I'll stick with that...

Another girl statement- I am surprised Lamar stayed in the top 5 given that Hooten's has never given us props for anything.... But since our 2 losses are from the hands of #1 and 2...

KOJACK

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 22, 2014, 06:07:15 am
Well, I can't disagree with #1 and 2.  Like at all.  Prescott has the tradition, and I know little about Smackover except what Buck has to say.  The Warriors are solid. The Warriors have played in the past everyone in the Top 10 except Smackover, Episcopal and Bald Knob.  But before someone else says it, the past is in the past.   We (Warriors) need to focus on the remainder of the season and take care of our next three games or this whole conversation is moot. 

Yeah, I'm a homer and a girl  but the 4-3A is pretty tough as conferences go. I'll stick with that...

Another girl statement- I am surprised Lamar stayed in the top 5 given that Hooten's has never given us props for anything.... But since our 2 losses are from the hands of #1 and 2...
Yep we did play y'all in 2011...Final score Prescott 68 Lamar 27

Clara Allen

Yes I was there.   Took pictures.  Pretty sure you scored every time you had the ball and I said everybody BUT the ones I mentioned.  Props to the Curley Wolves. Y'all put a butt spanking on us. But the past is in the past!

KOJACK

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 22, 2014, 11:55:47 am
Yes I was there.   Took pictures.  Pretty sure you scored every time you had the ball and I said everybody BUT the ones I mentioned.  Props to the Curley Wolves. Y'all put a butt spanking on us. But the past is in the past!
I agree. IMO y'all are better this year than you were that year. What do you think?

snoopy22

No doubt Lamar is much better than that team.

BUCK FEVER

Wonder what ever happened to GOTCHA ? is he ok ? 

adaptedtigerfan

He saw Lamar go 5-0 then got his feeling hurt.  Lol

Clara Allen

Yes Snoopy, it is a better team. In overall talent.  This years seniors were freshmen.  Except that several of them were not playing

nastynice

No offense warriorsforever, but why do we keep talking about a team that is good, even though they just got kidney punched 2 weeks in a row?

Clara Allen

None taken, nasty nice, but there's this new thing called team loyalty.  It's really great! ;)

nastynice

Lamar does have a better team than in the past, I will acknowledge that!  ;)

Clara Allen

Quote from: KOJACK on October 22, 2014, 01:52:02 pm
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 22, 2014, 11:55:47 am
I agree. IMO y'all are better this year than you were that year. What do you think?
Yes, I think they are better than that team.

Jalkuranis

Quote from: nastynice on October 22, 2014, 05:24:30 pm
No offense warriorsforever, but why do we keep talking about a team that is good, even though they just got kidney punched 2 weeks in a row?

Also, many(if not all) teams would get kidney punched those two weeks. This year is the 4-3A to be considered the "SEC" of 3A. It seems to rotate from conferences 3,4,5, and 6. Who will it be next year?!

Clara Allen

Quote from: Jalkuranis on October 24, 2014, 11:52:23 am
Quote from: nastynice on October 22, 2014, 05:24:30 pm

Also, many(if not all) teams would get kidney punched those two weeks. This year is the 4-3A to be considered the "SEC" of 3A. It seems to rotate from conferences 3,4,5, and 6. Who will it be next year?!
I have heard the 4-3A referred to as the SEC of 3A.    Week in and week out there are those two schools that will "kidney punch" you and a couple of teams that will work you over pretty well.  Lamar included.   I haven't done a lot of comparisons and have only looked at records and standings but it seems to be a bit of a power shift this season.  Some teams that seemed to own the top ten in years past are buried in the middle or at the bottom    It also seems that several of the conferences have that one or two power teams then everyone else   Besides the 4-3A, I'd say the conference with HA, bald Knob and Mayflower and Barton too is pretty stacked.  Again I'm playing the girl card. But that's what it seems to me.

Proud Buckaroo

3A-6 is usually really tough. I know two years ago it was really tough. With Prescott, Mcgehee, Fordyce, CHG and Smackover.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas