• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Prescott in a tough or weak conference?

Started by 4thandgoal, October 16, 2014, 09:52:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

adaptedtigerfan

DeeGee

It's not the weakest conference by any means. A few tough teams. Some teams that are getting tougher each year. I'd say 5-3A is about in the middle of the toughest and weakest conferences.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 16, 2014, 10:01:12 pm
It's not the weakest conference by any means. A few tough teams. Some teams that are getting tougher each year. I'd say 5-3A is about in the middle of the toughest and weakest conferences.

4-3A
6-3A
5-3A/2-3A
3-3A
1-3A

Would have to agree with that are about an "average" conference...This years playoffs are just really screwed up cause somebody is going to go home early that would make the semi's at least every other year.....Oh well to be the best you gotta beat the best, might as well do it early and get it out of the way right?

DeeGee

Quote from: HF on October 16, 2014, 11:25:58 pm

4-3A
6-3A
5-3A/2-3A
3-3A
1-3A

Would have to agree with that are about an "average" conference...This years playoffs are just really screwed up cause somebody is going to go home early that would make the semi's at least every other year.....Oh well to be the best you gotta beat the best, might as well do it early and get it out of the way right?

Right on! Practice hard and play harder!

HeadBussa08

lookin fwd to seeing Prescott in the Playoffs. will be some great football to watch

snoopy22

Quote from: HF on October 16, 2014, 11:25:58 pm
You have to approach it that way, but it is still a bad deal because the winner of 5-3A, Runner-up in 4-3A, Runner-up in 6-3A, Winner of 3-3A, and winner of 4-3A are better than everybody else in the state except the winner of the 6-3A and possibly the runner-up out of the 5-3A, and #3 out of the 4-3A.  It's a really bad deal for 3A as a whole.

4-3A
6-3A
5-3A/2-3A
3-3A
1-3A

HorseFeathers

i know the 2~3a isnt anything special this year....but the winner and runner up playing in the 2nd round isnt right no matter the circumstances

snoopy22

OLDSCHOOL82

I think the top 10 FF posters from each classification should get to build the playoff brackets. Someone email AAA with that idea and see what they think.

WPWells

HorseCollar

AAA needs to go back to 4 teams making playoffs. This would allow for regional first round match ups and the bracket could be set up evenly by conference and by seeding. Makes way too much sense and not enough $$$.

Lineman

My 12 year old son even said it didn't make any sense!!

Lineman

Quote from: HorseCollar on October 17, 2014, 10:00:00 am
AAA needs to go back to 4 teams making playoffs. This would allow for regional first round match ups and the bracket could be set up evenly by conference and by seeding. Makes way too much sense and not enough $$$.
Just go back to 1 & 2 from each conference being the only ones making the playoffs

Pastureboy21

Let's say ECS beat Preskitt a couple of weeks ago. Would you think it is a tough conference then? or would the title of this be "Is ECS in a tough or weak conference?"

Anyways, I think ECS and BHG are both good teams. If ECS beats BHG, both teams will win their first round. BHG would then have to play Charleston which they wouldn't stand much of a competition. ECS should make a long play-off run...... knock on wood....

OB11

Quote from: Lineman on October 17, 2014, 10:03:26 am
Quote from: HorseCollar on October 17, 2014, 10:00:00 am
Just go back to 1 & 2 from each conference being the only ones making the playoffs

That's what I was thinking.  4 I can still understand, the top half of your conference would be a decent representation.  But when the AAA allowed 5 teams in the playoffs; couldn't believe it.   

WPWells

Neither. The title would be "Is EC$ in a tough or weak conference?"

Hootie

Pastureboy21

adaptedtigerfan

I think Pastureboy needs to reach up and get that Dorito off of his shoulder.

El Jefe

The conference Prescott is in has 2 real good teams and 1 that could be we just aren't sure about BHG yet. No conference goes much deeper than 2 good teams honestly. I know the 4-3A will say Lamar, but that is yet to be determined as well. Prescott and Episcopal could match up with any other top two teams from any other conference.

KOJACK

October 17, 2014, 11:37:07 am #21 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:39:55 am by KOJACK
Prescott is a remarkable team in a remarkable conference in a remarkable classification in a remarkable state in a not so remarkable country(anymore anyways)...imo (Sorry Grandpacat, I just love your word) also you will have to wait at least an hour before you "slap" me again lol.

Pastureboy21

I thing atf needs to reach down and pick up that tissue off your lap

KOJACK

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 17, 2014, 11:45:00 am
I thing atf needs to reach down and pick up that tissue off your lap
You thing sew

adaptedtigerfan

Pastureboy21

HeadBussa08

the years of deep conferences fluctuate. when it was Prescott Smackover Mcgehee Harmony Grove Fordyce there wasn't any doubt what conf was toughest. those stars don't align to often. most conference have two good teams then some years you have a few with 2 to 4 solid teams. this year you have lamar with Charleston and Booneville. Mayflower Harding and Barton. had it not been for key injuries you could have put Glen Rose in there with Prescott and ECS. Smack and Mcgehee are the class of their conf. just a few examples.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas