• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar vs. Charleston

Started by FNLsupporter, October 11, 2014, 01:36:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 04:46:43 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 13, 2014, 04:44:53 pm
Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 03:47:43 pm
Quote from: RTF on October 13, 2014, 03:18:58 pm
Rich in tradition?.. what in the world... Name on d*m thing Charleston did before....what was it.... 2004? nothing
Watch out, they'll jump you like a bunch of Spider Monkeys all hopped up on Mt Dew!!!! :o

I feel ya.

Oh my gosh!!...........What the heck is that??? :o

That's an  obese Spider Monkey all hopped up on Mt Dew!!!! :o

nastynice

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 13, 2014, 05:06:49 pm
Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 04:46:43 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 13, 2014, 04:44:53 pm
Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 03:47:43 pm
Rich in tradition?.. what in the world... Name on d*m thing Charleston did before....what was it.... 2004? nothing
Watch out, they'll jump you like a bunch of Spider Monkeys all hopped up on Mt Dew!!!! :o

I feel ya.

Oh my gosh!!...........What the heck is that??? :o

That's an  obese Spider Monkey all hopped up on Mt Dew!!!! :o
Wow, I got to get me one of those!!!

DogsWin7

YC

Quote from: Iron Owl on October 13, 2014, 03:36:13 pm

The Tigers have qualified for the playoffs for 26 consecutive years. To the best of my knowledge this is the 2nd longest currently running streak in the state behind Newport who has qualified for 27 consecutive years. It all started in 1988 and until 1995 only two teams from each conference qualified. Starting in 1995 4 teams from each conference qualified.

Here are some facts concerning that 26 year streak.

8 of those teams had 0 loss regular seasons.
11 of those teams had 1 loss regular seasons.
6 of those teams had 2 loss regular seasons.
1 of those teams had 3 loss regular seasons.
No team in this period had more than a 3 loss regular season.
No team in this period had less than a 9 win season (counting playoffs).
19 conference championships (15 outright, 3 co-champioships, 1 tri-championship).
Never finished lower than a 2nd place tie in the conference (one time).
Played in 5 state championship games.
4 state championships, 1 runner-up

If that's not tradition then someone is going to have to explain it to me.

YC

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: IofthaTiger on October 13, 2014, 07:00:53 pm

The Tigers have qualified for the playoffs for 26 consecutive years. To the best of my knowledge this is the 2nd longest currently running streak in the state behind Newport who has qualified for 27 consecutive years. It all started in 1988 and until 1995 only two teams from each conference qualified. Starting in 1995 4 teams from each conference qualified.

19 conference championships (15 outright, 3 co-champioships, 1 tri-championship).

YC

I sure wish you would start giving your summery after each game.  I always enjoyed reading your takeaways from each game.

Lineman

I knew somebody had all the numbers. If that ain't tradition, I'll kiss your ***.

DogsWin7

Careful....RTF might have a response.  Lol! :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 13, 2014, 07:33:31 pm

If that’s not tradition then someone is going to have to explain it to me.

YC

I sure wish you would start giving your summery after each game.  I always enjoyed reading your takeaways from each game.

Mr Iofthatiger, Shouldn't that be two 2nd place finishes? '98 and 99 are the years I was thinking of...anyway to the guy that said Charleston didn't have a winning tradition. What would you define as having a Tradition then?

Anyway, I agree with Adaptedfan, we should petition Iofthatiger to bring back his pre and post game write ups.

YC

Quote from: HF on October 13, 2014, 09:19:54 pm

YC

Mr Iofthatiger, Shouldn't that be two 2nd place finishes? '98 and 99 are the years I was thinking of...anyway to the guy that said Charleston didn't have a winning tradition. What would you define as having a Tradition then?

Anyway, I agree with Adaptedfan, we should petition Iofthatiger to bring back his pre and post game write ups.

HF,

I guess the way I stated that it was a little hard to understand.

What I was saying was they only finished in a tie for 2nd one time (1998)

They finished 2nd in 95, 96, 99, 05, 06, and 10. They either won the conference outright (15) or shared (4) all other years.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: IofthaTiger on October 13, 2014, 09:47:42 pm
Quote from: HF on October 13, 2014, 09:19:54 pm

If that’s not tradition then someone is going to have to explain it to me.

YC

HF,

I guess the way I stated that it was a little hard to understand.

What I was saying was they only finished in a tie for 2nd one time (1998)

They finished 2nd in 95, 96, 99, 05, 06, and 10. They either won the conference outright (15) or shared (4) all other years.

Alright, still a pretty impressive streak. Even Mighty Barton didn't last 20 years in their run.

ChucktownTiger

The weather looks to be perfect for friday night. Looking to see the tigers dominate for four full quarters. Something I think we have yet to see. Although I didn't make the gentry game. I believe the Tigers take care of business early.

CHS - 49
LHS - 14

The Dynasty

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 14, 2014, 09:02:21 am
The weather looks to be perfect for friday night. Looking to see the tigers dominate for four full quarters. Something I think we have yet to see. Although I didn't make the gentry game. I believe the Tigers take care of business early.

CHS - 49
LHS - 14

I'd love to see that on the scoreboard when time expires. I think the thing that will be hard for Charleston to defend is the smash mouth game. I think Lamar going more to a passing offense takes the advantage they had on us away. If Charleston protects Story this thing just might be 35 points or more. I'd love to hang 60+ on these guys.

RTF

lol i knew someone would lie.... figures

WPWells

adaptedtigerfan

What's this guy talkin about

Lineman

Who cares!!!  Reminds me of that 1 annoying person at work. Everybody's got atleast 1. Pay him no attention and he'll eventually get the hint and go away.  :P

nastynice

I think he's saying he wants to lie down with Figurines! ;) :-* ;D

Lineman

Whatever gets him through the day!!

RTF

You wish I would go away....

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on October 15, 2014, 10:17:50 am

I don't. I like haters. If people are hating that means we are doing something right. Keep hating RTF! Keep hating!

RTF

I don't "hate." I just like to pee people off. (thats not hating lol)

adaptedtigerfan

Does your teacher know you are playing on FF during class?

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on October 15, 2014, 10:22:52 am
I don't "hate." I just like to pee people off. (thats not hating lol)

You hate! You can spin however you want. You are a classic hater. But like I said, no biggie.

RTF

Well since you called me one I must be.............. lord knows you know everything(sarcasm). Adapted does your boss know your on during work?

YC

NO ...NO....NO....Please don't go away! You give me my biggest laughs of the day...I just love the way you show up at a sword fight armed with a pocket knife. 

RTF

Its amazing how much damage that pocket knife does too.

El Jefe

Charleston in a blowout...hopefully hootens and the adg will get off their nads after this beating...but I'm sure they won't till they get beat in the 1st or 2nd round.

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on October 15, 2014, 10:37:45 am
Well since you called me one I must be.............. lord knows you know everything(sarcasm). Adapted does your boss know your on during work?

I know sarcasm when I hear it. But thanks for clarifying(sarcasm).

RTF

Anytime.... I am here for you(sarcasm)

The Dynasty

Jalkuranis

I'm loving me some RTF right now! (No Sarcasm) these threads finally got some chippy back in them! I do however agree Chucktown has a winning tradition.

RTF

but I thought we were having a moment?

Lineman

Quote from: IofthaTiger on October 15, 2014, 10:39:12 am

NO ...NO....NO....Please don't go away! You give me my biggest laughs of the day...I just love the way you show up at a sword fight armed with a pocket knife.
More like a plastic knife you get at a fast food restaurant

adaptedtigerfan

Lineman

Some of us make a living selling autographs and other memorabilia

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on October 15, 2014, 11:26:40 am
but I thought we were having a moment?

That's why I asked you to stop!!!! Lol

RTF

Adapted, I'm not surprised. Lineman, you wish. The Dynasty, lol.

adaptedtigerfan

I just show up and they pay me!

Lineman

Some of us just live off the government.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm afraid there is more than just some.

Lineman

My 8 is in the books. Headed home. BTW: what does RTF stand for?  Really Ticklish Firefighter? 

The Dynasty

Last year Lamar had 5 sacks, a half dozen hurries, 3 interceptions and totally shut down the run game..... Final score 31-6 Tigers.

I'm interested to see how many guys they will have to send to get pressure on Storey. If Lamar can avoid giving up the big play this might be a close game.

Lineman

You know the first half will be close. Biggest question is which coaching staff will make the proper adjustments to put this one away. I know who my money is on. Weather should be perfect. Hope everyone can stay healthy and make this the game it's shaping up to be.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Lineman on October 15, 2014, 01:35:30 pm
You know the first half will be close. Biggest question is which coaching staff will make the proper adjustments to put this one away. I know who my money is on. Weather should be perfect. Hope everyone can stay healthy and make this the game it's shaping up to be.

+1 if you're taking the coaching staff that will be in the field house and not the old Tiger Den.

OLDSCHOOL82

Lamar has a couple glaring weaknesses in how they run their offense.  The weaknesses are not the offense itself, but a couple predictable things they do.  If the QB continues to stare down receivers and hope to hit the fade routes by beating a slow corner than they will lose handidly.  Thats how they beat the subpar competition leading up to the booneville game.  Big plays on a fade, scrambling qb, and the deep plays opened up the run game.  If they use more timing routes to open up the deep routes than it could be a game.  Also, with the size of the line as well as the strength of #2 and quickness of #3, they need to mix a little power game in.

Chucktown wins this one.

The Dynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 16, 2014, 09:43:48 am
Lamar has a couple glaring weaknesses in how they run their offense.  The weaknesses are not the offense itself, but a couple predictable things they do.  If the QB continues to stare down receivers and hope to hit the fade routes by beating a slow corner than they will lose handidly.  Thats how they beat the subpar competition leading up to the booneville game.  Big plays on a fade, scrambling qb, and the deep plays opened up the run game.  If they use more timing routes to open up the deep routes than it could be a game.  Also, with the size of the line as well as the strength of #2 and quickness of #3, they need to mix a little power game in.

Chucktown wins this one.

If Lamar truly has as big a line as we are hearing and they don't line up and run it on CHS they are playing right into our hands.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 16, 2014, 11:08:07 am

Chucktown wins this one.

If Lamar truly has as big a line as we are hearing and they don't line up and run it on CHS they are playing right into our hands.

They are big.  Big doesnt necassarily equal strong and explosive!

The Dynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 16, 2014, 11:09:38 am
Quote from: The Dynasty on October 16, 2014, 11:08:07 am

Chucktown wins this one.

They are big.  Big doesnt necassarily equal strong and explosive!

Point taken. I thought last year's game played out awkwardly. The turnovers and pressure they were able to put on Storey and C'town still won by 4 TD's.

TheTruth2010

Lamar had 1 slip up in a bad weather game against a good team. Lamar May not win but they will prove they belong where they are.

HorseFeathers

I was suprised lamar didnt try to run it more against booneville....i know they didnt find much success but they didnt give it much of a chance either..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas