• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar vs. Charleston

Started by FNLsupporter, October 11, 2014, 01:36:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastureboy21

I saw this game was close at somepoint. Is Lamar legit??

WPWells

footballone

LOTS OF HOMECOOKING AND IM TALKING ABOUT OFFICALS, VERY POOR.AND NOT ONLY THAT I WAS MORE IMPRESSED WITH LAMAR QB THEN THE BOY FROM CHARLESTONS.HE IS WAY OVER RATED. ARKANSAS NEED TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK , DO WE NEED ANOTHER  BRANDON ALLEN

WPWells

Congratulations, you're the one person on this thread who's had either opinion that you just expressed

HorseFeathers

October 18, 2014, 08:23:25 pm #154 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:25:01 pm by HF
Quote from: footballone on October 18, 2014, 08:19:25 pm
LOTS OF HOMECOOKING AND IM TALKING ABOUT OFFICALS, VERY POOR.AND NOT ONLY THAT I WAS MORE IMPRESSED WITH LAMAR QB THEN THE BOY FROM CHARLESTONS.HE IS WAY OVER RATED. ARKANSAS NEED TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK , DO WE NEED ANOTHER  BRANDON ALLEN

ATU

Most people on here has said Lamar QB was good.But to say Storey is overrated he only had 367 yards passing and 141 yards rushing.

nastynice

Quote from: ATU on October 18, 2014, 08:28:38 pm
Most people on here has said Lamar QB was good.But to say Storey is overrated he only had 367 yards passing and 141 yards rushing.
only

DogsWin7

Quote from: HF on October 18, 2014, 08:23:25 pm

he must really mean businessssss!!!!!!

And look Paw, it's his very first post too!!    Lol!!!

TheTruth2010

Everyone has to make their first post at sometime. Some decide to go all out on it. I will say I don't think Storey is overrated, I've seen him play a couple times and I think he deserves to be where he is at now.

macadoshis

I'm from Lamar and to say that Storey is overrated is insane.  We had no answer for him.  He avoided defenders and found open receivers.  When he ran the ball, he was difficult to bring down with a single tackle.  He is the real deal.  And as far as home cooking......I thought officiating was as good as its been since we've been coming to Charleston.  A coupel of plays didn't go our way and we'll learn from that and get better going forward.  We have to get off the field in third down situations.  And we didn't fo that.  That's more on the Tigers executing when they had to.  They are not the #1 team in the state for nothing. 

chucktownboys

Guess Lamar was over rated two weeks right? Still plenty of season to show what your made of or you can be the same as always, play no one early beat no one late. Which will it be?

ChucktownTiger

I'm with adapted. You have great QB and Reciever play, along with a pretty hard nosed D.
You can still go fight for the 3rd play off spot. Which is arguably an easier route than the 1 or 2 seed. Great team and Good coaches, just have to figure out how to get over that hump. That QB can sling it, however I wouldn't say he is better or comparable to TY. If you were at the game, a simple eye test would reveal that. He has the whole package, Arm, QB IQ, Athletisism and can make something outta nothin. He's not perfect and makes mistakes, but he's a GREAT player and is going to continue to get better.

Clara Allen

Ty Story overrated?   I think not.   I have watched this kid since 7th grade in football and basketball.  He is legit.  And even tho I did not want him to have a good game Friday, which, by the way, he was fantastic, I am looking forward to see what he can do on the Hill next year. I caught myself taking pictures of him and got some good ones!  I would love to see the game with the Tigers and Booneville.  It was a reasonably clean game, the only smack talk I heard on the sidelines was from the chain gang!  Charleston played a pretty flawless game, and we did not capitalize on opportunities, which has been our calling card for some time.  A previous post said that we don't have a million year tradition of winning- or something like that- and this is true.  i have been associated with Lamar for 15 years now, and I have seen an evolution of we're a basketball school to becoming a football school.  Nothing happens overnight, and I think in the next few years, everyone will see this transformation.  I hope I'm around to see this fulfilled.  Meanwhile, props to Charleston, good luck the rest of the season, and we'll see you later, maybe this season!  Who knows, right? :)

WPWells

Clara Allen

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 19, 2014, 11:39:35 am
Great post +1
Thank you- I love the Warriors, but I call it like I see it!

-Painted Fan-

I came away from this game very impressed with Lamar. With all the personnel that graduates from Charleston and Booneville this year, if Lamar isn't picked to win conference next fall, there's something definitely wrong.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas