• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest @ Hoxie Week 6

Started by MustangRampage, October 03, 2014, 11:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MustangRampage

Might this be the game that decides the 3-3A? 

It should be a good game at Crider Field Friday night as the Mustangs welcome the Colts to town.  It was a slugfest at the Cotton Patch last year and I wouldn't expect anything else this time around.

I'd like to wish everyone a safe trip over, but I can't wish for you to have a happy trip home.

Let's go Mustangs!

ISU7

Quote from: MustangRampage on October 03, 2014, 11:49:46 pm
Might this be the game that decides the 3-3A? 

It should be a good game at Crider Field Friday night as the Mustangs welcome the Colts to town.  It was a slugfest at the Cotton Patch last year and I wouldn't expect anything else this time around.

I'd like to wish everyone a safe trip over, but I can't wish for you to have a happy trip home.

Let's go Mustangs!
Lol thanks MustangRampage. ;D 8)

redandgray

Thanks MustangRampage! I always expect this one to be a good game. Will be a tough one to win for the Colts! Mustangs have been dominant all year!

Coltfan2005

Hoxie has been dominate this year but it is against some very poor teams. Perhaps the only team in the 3-3A who has had an easier schedule so far is Melbourne and Hoxie welcomed them to the real 3-3A with a bang. But it's not Hoxie's fault that their non-conf opponents have been so down and it probably is not any type of gauge as to what these young Mustangs really are. it should be a great game with Hoxie probably holding the edge because of home field. However, at this point I think the Colts will win.

Paperman

Colts need to be diversified on offense and must tackle well. Hoxie is easily the best team they have faced all year. RHS and Hoxie should be a slugfest. Colts probably will come out on the short end here. I think Mustangs by 6.

redandgray

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm leaning towards Paperman's thoughts on this game.  Go Colts!

FNLsupporter

I think the game will come down to Rivercrest's speed vs Hoxie's tough defense. I would say defense wins out in this one, but wouldn't be surprised to be wrong.

HOXIE 38
RIVERCREST 18

ISU7

>
Quote from: Paperman on October 06, 2014, 02:53:19 pm
Colts need to be diversified on offense and must tackle well. Hoxie is easily the best team they have faced all year. RHS and Hoxie should be a slugfest. Colts probably will come out on the short end here. I think Mustangs by 6.
>:(

ISU7

Quote from: redandgray on October 06, 2014, 04:07:18 pm
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm leaning towards Paperman's thoughts on this game.  Go Colts!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! LOL

redandgray

Coltfan2005

I don't see Hoxie being a better team than Gosnell.

redandgray

They don't have near the athletes as Gosnell, but I think they play much more soundly than Gosnell and are better coached.

ISU7

Which team will the rain affect the most??????????????

Pit Bull

Go Colts in the Battle of  the Stables....

redandgray

HUGE game in the conference tonight!  Hate that it's going to be wet and nasty for all the fans.  Mustangs have looked very dominant.  Will be an uphill battle for the Colts.  Hope it's a great game!  GO COLTS!

Big Red Fan 54

I'll be out tonight watching regardless of the rain. Hoping to see a good injury free game that the Colts win!

redandgray

Coltfan2005

a little too damp for my old bones, is Hoxie football carried on any radio stations?
still going with the Colts.

~Razor~

Hoxie wins in a blowout. Anyone know what happened?

ISU7

They are who we thought they were.. Great game Hoxie

Troutman70

Rivercrest gave up 30 to piggott and Corning Idk why anyone thought this was going to be close. Seen this coming from a mile away. Btw can't blame this one on the refs. Go green!

~Razor~

One player got ejected. Anyone know why?

redandgray

Rivercrest starters gave up 21 points total to Piggott and Corning. Scores vs reserves made it look close.

Tonight however was a butt whipping. Congrats to Hoxie. Complete domination! Good luck the rest of the way!

MustangRampage

I must say, this one was a lot more lopsided than I thought it was going to be.  Great game tonight for the Mustangs!  Thankfully, it looks like both teams finished injury free.

The Rivercrest player was ejected for stomping on a Mustang defender after the Colts scored their second touchdown. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Troutman70 on October 10, 2014, 09:14:18 pm
Rivercrest gave up 30 to piggott and Corning Idk why anyone thought this was going to be close. Seen this coming from a mile away. Btw can't blame this one on the refs. Go green!
Easy to say after its over

owl84

redandgray

State champs 2010

Bout as bad of a Beatin as they could take.. Coach chandler seriously needs some coaching lessons or something it's absoulty horrible.. In 2010 the state championship team was pure talent.. They needed no coaching.. This team needs coaching.. Especially with the lack of dept in the roster.. It proably wouldn't have mattered with a coach anyways because hoxie is just a all around better team. Good job hoxie! Go colts!!!  ??? ???  :-\

MustangRampage

I give a lot of props to Langston.  He's a really good player.  It just seems like he's having to do everything himself.

You'll need your A game against Melbourne.  They really are a pretty good team.

NEark tigers

Boy, I sure miss this conference..................LOL

I know ya'll don't miss the nation. The Nation was in Walnut Ridge tonight, and delivered a stonecold whippin, 62-0

MustangRampage

Quote from: NEark tigers on October 11, 2014, 12:08:03 am
Boy, I sure miss this conference..................LOL

I know ya'll don't miss the nation. The Nation was in Walnut Ridge tonight, and delivered a stonecold whippin, 62-0

I'm never going to be upset when someone puts a beating on the Ridge!  I kind of wish we could play this year.  We're still a little bitter about that playoff game last year. :P

ISU7

October 11, 2014, 07:40:48 am #31 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 07:54:17 am by ISU7
Quote from: Troutman70 on October 10, 2014, 09:14:18 pm
Langston is a stud, but #22 can run the ball as well. The Colts could finish 4th in Conf this season. BTW RC fan didnt chase the refs off the field, it was the Hoxie fan at RC. No one blame the refs. Hoxie has a good team. #15 and #45 makes plays for them, they are a well coach team.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 10, 2014, 10:50:13 pm
Bout as bad of a Beatin as they could take.. Coach chandler seriously needs some coaching lessons or something it's absoulty horrible.. In 2010 the state championship team was pure talent.. They needed no coaching.. This team needs coaching.. Especially with the lack of dept in the roster.. It proably wouldn't have mattered with a coach anyways because hoxie is just a all around better team. Good job hoxie! Go colts!!!  ??? ???  :-\

There was a great deal of talent in the 2010 team, possibly the best the Colts have ever had. But to say a team of high school players did not need coaching is silly. Someone has to teach those kids to block, to read a defense, and a multitude of other things. Bashing Chandler seems to be a favorite past time of a few posters on here, starting late last season.

Paperman

The Mustangs are even better than I give them credit for being. Coach Sears does a good job. Coach Chandler does a good jobat the Crest, but I wish he would diversify his offense a little bit more. The Colts plays get too predictable. I will say that no team wins a championship on its own, they have to be well coached. The 2010 RHS team was awesome, great athletes and the coaching was very good.
Anyone with eyes can see RHS is not as talented on defense as they have been in the past. They are a good team, but they need to tackle better if they are going to stay on Hoxie's heels the rest of the way. Rivercrest still has a chance to finish with a first round home playoff game and that would be a good season in my book.
I don't see anyone in the conference who can beat the Mustangs. The Seminoles are next and will give it their best shot, but Hoxie is pretty darn good. Hats of to the Mustangs.

redandgray

Mustangs will go undefeated in conference.

MustangRampage

We can't get too far ahead of ourselves and still take it one game at a time.  We have Osceola this week for homecoming.  Hopefully the kids will keep the ole chinstrap buckled and focus on the prize.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 11, 2014, 11:15:26 am

There was a great deal of talent in the 2010 team, possibly the best the Colts have ever had. But to say a team of high school players did not need coaching is silly. Someone has to teach those kids to block, to read a defense, and a multitude of other things. Bashing Chandler seems to be a favorite past time of a few posters on here, starting late last season.
TOO PREDICTABLE!!!! Langston can't carry the ball 40 times running the same play 40 times. IT AINT GOING TO WORK!!!!! Atleast on a good football team like hoxie!! You know it coltfan and so does all the other colt fans!! And the fans are reacting in a bad way when they see it on the field.. But good luck next week colts I'll be there supporting you!! GO COLTS!!

Colt86

The Colt team would be better off in a old pro style offense. And run with some play action mixed in.

OB11

Quote from: Colt86 on October 11, 2014, 02:22:49 pm
The Colt team would be better off in a old pro style offense. And run with some play action mixed in.

Let's go back to the I and split back formations.  Good ole smash mouth football.  I will always be a fan of that. 

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 11, 2014, 11:22:06 am
The Mustangs are even better than I give them credit for being. Coach Sears does a good job. Coach Chandler does a good jobat the Crest, but I wish he would diversify his offense a little bit more. The Colts plays get too predictable. I will say that no team wins a championship on its own, they have to be well coached. The 2010 RHS team was awesome, great athletes and the coaching was very good.
Anyone with eyes can see RHS is not as talented on defense as they have been in the past. They are a good team, but they need to tackle better if they are going to stay on Hoxie's heels the rest of the way. Rivercrest still has a chance to finish with a first round home playoff game and that would be a good season in my book.
I don't see anyone in the conference who can beat the Mustangs. The Seminoles are next and will give it their best shot, but Hoxie is pretty darn good. Hats of to the Mustangs.
This late in the season tackling should be down pat already..

ISU7

Quote from: State champs 2010 on October 11, 2014, 01:17:56 pm
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 11, 2014, 11:15:26 am

TOO PREDICTABLE!!!! Langston can't carry the ball 40 times running the same play 40 times. IT AINT GOING TO WORK!!!!! Atleast on a good football team like hoxie!! You know it coltfan and so does all the other colt fans!! And the fans are reacting in a bad way when they see it on the field.. But good luck next week colts I'll be there supporting you!! GO COLTS!!
+1...

Paperman

We practiced tackling drills every week in practice when I was in high school. I see no reason not to go it today. Kids don't seem to wrap up when tackling these days, they try to sling the runner down or just knock them down with a shoulder. It might work sometimes, but good players don;t go down that easy.

DatBoot

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on October 11, 2014, 06:09:54 pm
Quote from: Colt86 on October 11, 2014, 02:22:49 pm

Let's go back to the I and split back formations.  Good ole smash mouth football.  I will always be a fan of that.

I wouldn't mind seeing our QB under center and just handing the ball off again! I also wouldn't mind seeing the I form, the splitback form, run the ISO, veer, ect

Henard was ejected bc he did kick a player but bc after the play a hoxie defender wouldn't let go of him. Either way neither should've been done and 11/10 the player that strikes back gets caught. Hope it serves as a lesson to help control anger issues at a time of need

Manila and CedarRidge before good Melbourne and Osceola teams

bootlegger

Rumor around the school this week that the colts starting quarter back quit the team.does anyone know if this is true?

OB11

rivercrestQB??

Quote from: bootlegger on October 15, 2014, 08:17:08 pm
Rumor around the school this week that the colts starting quarter back quit the team.does anyone know if this is true?
I think he was at practice yesterday, but not a QB. And it is about time the Coach changes things up. I am waiting to see who will be at QB this week.  I also hope he changed some of the other players too. Line and special teams I will not miss this game Friday night.

State champs 2010

There's a pretty good sophomore that could start. But I think coach has decided to put the ball in #40's hands " Austin griffin"  :-X :o

luxora4life

Changing the QB want help that defense. Can't give up 49 points to good teams no matter who's the QB.

ISU7

My 10 yr old dauaghter can play qb against Manila..lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas