• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton Harmony Grove vs Glen Rose

Started by Wheels, September 22, 2014, 11:18:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels

Can Benton Harmony Grove defeat Glen Rose for the 1st time?

adaptedtigerfan

Proud Buckaroo

I think Benton Harmony Grove pulls this one out. Glen Rose is showing a little promise. Still very young team. I don't know what is going on with the Coaching staff. Maybe he's finally lost his mind. <.<

BHG 28. Glen Rose 18.

FBfan79

Pulling for BHG in this one.  I hope they win by 3 scores.

adaptedtigerfan

snoopy22

Beaver Fever

This one can go either way.  Both have struggled on offense, we dont have an identity yet and bhg has had fumble problems from what i hear.  I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins this one

Wheels

Hootens:

"GLEN ROSE (6) at B. Harmony Grove: Glen Rose looking for its first win of the year. Harmony Grove edged Magnet Cove 30-27 last week. Junior RB Jon Johnson ran 17 times for 211 yards and two TDs."

Big Red

"Recent reports of Glen Rose's demise have been greatly non-exaggerated".   Actually I think G.R. wins this but who knows.

WildcatGrandpa13

I see BHG taking this one in a nail-biter

Marcell Ledbetter

BHG has scored 10 touchdowns in 3 weeks.  GR scored only 2 and both of those were last week.  Cardinals like a lot of teams will do this year, get to exact some payback for past thrashings.
BHG by 14

Swoop23

BHG has a new D Coordinator that should shut the Beavers Off. Down.

DeeGee

BHG rolled GR's new field and goal post last night with toilet paper last night. Real bright to have BHG wrote all over the toilet paper. Smh! What a way to stay classy guys.

Beaver Fever

Due to the fact it said bhg i would think it might be some of our kids trying to stir up alittle extra motivation.  I wouldn't think they would be dumb enough to leave their name at the scene of the crime.

DeeGee

September 25, 2014, 12:23:23 pm #14 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:26:01 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 25, 2014, 12:02:09 pm
Due to the fact it said bhg i would think it might be some of our kids trying to stir up alittle extra motivation.  I wouldn't think they would be dumb enough to leave their name at the scene of the crime.

Very well could be. I was actually just thinking the same thing. I know that the football team are all fired up about it  and the coaches as well. Administration said if they find out who did it they will be pressing charges. So for GR sake I hope it wasn't some of our own.

cdelaney

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 25, 2014, 12:23:23 pm

Very well could be. I was actually just thinking the same thing. I know that the football team are all fired up about it  and the coaches as well. Administration said if they find out who did it they will be pressing charges. So for GR sake I hope it wasn't some of our own.
I hope they are not serious about pressing charges! For rolling the field? Seems like pretty harmless fun to me, assuming no permanent damage was done. Did they use 2-ply? At EC$ we are strictly 2-ply

DeeGee

Lol. I don't know. I just got out of the hospital. My son text me and told me that they rolled the post and done something to the field. He hasn't responded back to tell me what was done to the field. But it's a new turf field. It's actually the nicest turf field I've seen. I'll update when he tells me what was done to the field. Ohhh and I'll ask if it was 2 ply lol!!

KOJACK

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 25, 2014, 11:01:28 am
BHG rolled GR's new field and goal post last night with toilet paper last night. Real bright to have BHG wrote all over the toilet paper. Smh! What a way to stay classy guys.
Kinda reminds me of when Glen Rose vandalized our old gym in 2010.

Xmulerider

Probably payback for the ruts that glenrose left on the baseball field when they were using HG field for practice last season when their field was flooded.

DeeGee

I haven't a clue lol. I just got out of the hospital and my son has been texting me about it. All he said was that they rolled the field goal post and messed with the field. He never clarified exactly what "messed with the field" meant. And he said the toilet paper has BHG wrote on it. I remember back in my high school days, went NLRHS, we always had a rivalry with Sylvan Hills and was always doing something to each others field. My son and the boys on the team are mad about it, I kinda laughed, but I was still like really?? Gotta love high school rivalries!!!!!!! ;D ;D

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 22, 2014, 11:20:46 am
I think Benton Harmony Grove pulls this one out. Glen Rose is showing a little promise. Still very young team. I don't know what is going on with the Coaching staff. Maybe he's finally lost his mind. <.<

BHG 28. Glen Rose 18.
did he ever have it to begin with???😔

SuperTurfMonkey

BHG   wins this one...the new def. Coach knows GR and will shut them down

Beaver Fever

I hope last night was not a sign of what's goi g to happen tonight. We lost and one our kids got ejected for throwing  a punch. 
I overheard some sr high players and what they were talking about doing wasn't good. I really thought things were gonna change with this new administration.

KOJACK

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 26, 2014, 06:31:47 am
I hope last night was not a sign of what's goi g to happen tonight. We lost and one our kids got ejected for throwing  a punch. 
I overheard some sr high players and what they were talking about doing wasn't good. I really thought things were gonna change with this new administration.
Until admin does something with that coach things will never change.

DeeGee

September 26, 2014, 07:46:04 am #24 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:47:46 am by DeeGoldie

Beaver  Fever I have a feeling tonight is going to be very intense. I'm pretty sure what you over heard is also what I heard. Even though I'm suppose to be resting I'm gonna be there to make sure my son don't act a fool and hopefully none of them act a fool. I know they are upset but the ones who done what they done to the field was caught by the police from what staff says. So even though I'm suppose to be having bed rest I'm gonna be there.

WildcatGrandpa13

Seems a little extreme to be pressing charges. If they didn't do anything to harm the field it seems just like a rivalry prank. Gotta love high school sports!

Wheels

Quote from: KOJACK on September 26, 2014, 06:56:35 am
Until admin does something with that coach things will never change.
"Attitude reflects leadership"

DeeGee

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on September 26, 2014, 09:07:40 am

Seems a little extreme to be pressing charges. If they didn't do anything to harm the field it seems just like a rivalry prank. Gotta love high school sports!

Not for rolling the field goal post.  For damage to their new turf field.

cdelaney

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 26, 2014, 07:46:04 am

Beaver  Fever I have a feeling tonight is going to be very intense. I'm pretty sure what you over heard is also what I heard. Even though I'm suppose to be resting I'm gonna be there to make sure my son don't act a fool and hopefully none of them act a fool. I know they are upset but the ones who done what they done to the field was caught by the police from what staff says. So even though I'm suppose to be having bed rest I'm gonna be there.
Is there a live-stream of the "Charmin Bowl" tonight? Might be worth watching. At the very least, whoever posts on the score thread for this game also needs to keep us updated on the # of kids/coaches who "act the fool".

KOJACK

Somebody is gettin "rolled" tonight lol

Proud Buckaroo

Benton Harmony grove has plenty of TP to wipe Glen rose's..... We all know where I am going with that one.

Mohawk 54

I agree with Kojack, until something is done with the coaches, things will not change will the players. Dee you are a better person than I'am, my son would not play those coaches period. After the way they talk to their players, if it was my son he would be somewhere else. The crap they say would make a sailor blush.

DeeGee

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on September 26, 2014, 03:48:58 pm
I agree with Kojack, until something is done with the coaches, things will not change will the players. Dee you are a better person than I'am, my son would not play those coaches period. After the way they talk to their players, if it was my son he would be somewhere else. The crap they say would make a sailor blush.

I do my best to bite my tongue. I have had my say with them a few times though. My son asked me to just leave it alone so I just bite my tongue and smile. And politely tear them apart with a sweetie bless your heart.

DeeGee

September 26, 2014, 04:46:55 pm #33 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 04:49:05 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: cdelaney on September 26, 2014, 02:06:23 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 26, 2014, 07:46:04 am

Is there a live-stream of the "Charmin Bowl" tonight? Might be worth watching. At the very least, whoever posts on the score thread for this game also needs to keep us updated on the # of kids/coaches who "act the fool".
lol!
I'll gladly post the score and the ones "acting a fool." Hahahaha
It's gonna be one heck of a night I'm told.

DeeGee

So I just found out that people from BHG stayed at their field all night because they were worried about retaliation. lol! Oh and the ones that done it were caught. And yes the are BHG kids.

Proud Buckaroo

Beavers are about to get "Rick rolled."

SuperTurfMonkey

It's not the administration that's the problem, it's the coaching staff.  And they bully the administration... Lol😂

Beaver Fever

I was happy with the way our guys handled themselves tonight considering the score.   
It looks like they have something good going on over at harmony grove, #8 must have had 300 yards and the defensively it seemed like they were in our hudle

FBfan79

BUCK FEVER

Not sure i can ever remember a team falling that hard and that fast from one season to the next, sounds like some serious issues. :o

DeeGee

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 26, 2014, 11:17:57 pm
I was happy with the way our guys handled themselves tonight considering the score.   
It looks like they have something good going on over at harmony grove, #8 must have had 300 yards and the defensively it seemed like they were in our hudle

BHG played awesome. Beavers did put up a good fight but inexperience hurt them. BHG is gonna shock to a lot of teams this year. I've told a few people that over the summer. Even though they were bragging about what they done to GR field, they played almost flawless. And yes #8 is hard to contain. Good job BHG! The others in this conference need not take them lightly that's for sure.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on September 26, 2014, 07:26:14 pm
It's not the administration that's the problem, it's the coaching staff.  And they bully the administration... Lol😂

Are my eyes deceiving me?  Did I just read a GR player got ejected for throwing a punch?

No way!!   Coach of the year can't even contain the baby beavers!!

Beaver Fever

That was a jr high player that got ejected, sr high kids acted right.
  As you can image the bhg kids were excited after the game and took a team picture under the scoreboard and our illustrous head coach flipped them off, flipped a group of kids off!
It almost seems like our kids want to do right but it's hard when the guy you look up to acts like that.

FBfan79

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 27, 2014, 09:06:23 am
  As you can image the bhg kids were excited after the game and took a team picture under the scoreboard and our illustrous head coach flipped them off, flipped a group of kids off!
It almost seems like our kids want to do right but it's hard when the guy you look up to acts like that.

Wow... Can him...

DeeGee

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 27, 2014, 09:06:23 am

Wow I didn't even see that. That must have happened while I was talking with my son. And yes that was on Thursday night the kid being ejected. These boys last night were very well behaved. Don't surprise me about the coach though. Smh.
IMO,  he acts like he's given up and don't care if they win or lose. I did see him and a few of the other coaches grabbing kids by their face mask and cussing them like they were grown men. But I'm gonna bite my tongue and smile. Just one more year is what I keep telling myself.

HorseFeathers

hard to just fire a teacher or coach these days. . . . But if i was an administrator at glen rose i'd at the very least look for a way to suspend him without pay. What's a grown man think he.s doing flipping off a bunch of players from the opposing team? It's really a sign of respect that they were that excited to have beat your team. . . And you react to it like a little kid . . . Stay classy coach . .

DeeGee

Quote from: HF on September 27, 2014, 09:40:56 am
hard to just fire a teacher or coach these days. . . . But if i was an administrator at glen rose i'd at the very least look for a way to suspend him without pay. What's a grown man think he.s doing flipping off a bunch of players from the opposing team? It's really a sign of respect that they were that excited to have beat your team. . . And you react to it like a little kid . . . Stay classy coach . .

I totally agree. The players acted with much respect, even with BHG players bragging about what they done to the GR field. I have to say I'm beyond proud of the GR players. The coaching staff seems to always find a way to embarrass the GR Football players and team. I'm so sorry to BHG that our coach stooped to that level. Please don't hold that against the players or the fans. You guys played awesome and your #8 is gonna be hard for any team to contain. Congrats to you on a very well deserved win.

catinthehat

Quote from: cdelaney on September 25, 2014, 01:18:27 pm

I hope they are not serious about pressing charges! For rolling the field? Seems like pretty harmless fun to me, assuming no permanent damage was done. Did they use 2-ply? At EC$ we are strictly 2-ply

KOJACK

I don't understand why everyone is so suprised. I've been telling folks for years about that cat. He's a kid bully...

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on September 27, 2014, 05:24:22 pm
I don't understand why everyone is so suprised. I've been telling folks for years about that cat. He's a kid bully...

This I know. I can say the players acted with respect last night. Even with the childish acts of BHG throwing it their face what they done to their field. I am very proud of these boys. They held their tongues and shook their hands. The coaches..... well I'm gonna mind my manners and hush.
BHG did have extra police there in case there were issues over the stuff they done.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas