• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln QB

Started by wombat31, April 27, 2016, 07:38:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wombat31

Lincoln QB, Harrison Swayne will be transferring from Lincoln after this school year. This is a HUGE loss for Lincoln's program.

beach bum

April 27, 2016, 07:45:17 pm #1 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:10:13 pm by beach bum
Quote from: wombat31 on April 27, 2016, 07:38:59 pm
Lincoln QB, Harrison Swayne will be transferring from Lincoln after this school year. This is a HUGE loss for Lincoln's program.

What? To where?? If this has any validity this is a big time loss. I was looking forward to next season to see if Lincoln would make another step in the right direction!

Tigerdad2

Quote from: wombat31 on April 27, 2016, 07:38:59 pm
Going to PG? Lincoln's best are known to move 4 miles down the road

Leroy88

How many mad people would there be if he moved to PG????

beach bum

Quote from: Leroy88 on April 27, 2016, 08:54:21 pm
How many mad people would there be if he moved to PG????

That is my worry. I say worry because if there is validity plus he ends up at PG of all places that will be quite the stir up. All I have to say is wow. People can call me crazy all they want but this is the best QB in the conference heading into next year slightly in front of the Shiloh QB. The Shiloh QB and Swayne are a step ahead of what anyone else has returning. Both of them are very good players.

Jimbo Morphis

Is he going somewhere that has turf?

theoleballcoach

Word is he wasn't going to play last year if the other coach would have stayed. Didn't like him or the wing-t he moved to in the middle of the year. Do you guys really think he would transfer to the Wing-T Capitol of the Northwest? Are there any other possible landing places for him? Farmington or Fayetteville perhaps?

beach bum

Quote from: theoleballcoach on April 28, 2016, 08:29:39 am
Word is he wasn't going to play last year if the other coach would have stayed. Didn't like him or the wing-t he moved to in the middle of the year. Do you guys really think he would transfer to the Wing-T Capitol of the Northwest? Are there any other possible landing places for him? Farmington or Fayetteville perhaps?

What world have we come to in life that a kid playing football at a small town just transfers because he doesn't like the offensive system?.... what a sad world if that happens because I imagine it does from time to time.

sparkythedog

It seems like Brent Crews will have to step up to the plate and lead this team next year.

DogInTheHat

Maybe they will have that upcoming sophomore Sterling Morphis to step up to the plate like Swayne did when he was a sophomore... Either way it could be a rough year for Lincoln.

theoleballcoach

Based on the kids highlights on Hudl's website, they were  definitely not running the wing-t last year. If this is true, I don't think he is leaving because of the system. Looked like he was in shotgun and throwing the ball around. That is why I'm not sure PG is a landing spot for him. Just my two cents from an outsider. He may go to school today and get asked all of these questions and have idea what anyone is talking about!

Leroy88

I heard from a parent in Lincoln that Swayne is in fact moving to PG for next years football season.

sparkythedog

Well, there goes Lincoln's season

Tigerdad2

Quote from: theoleballcoach on April 28, 2016, 08:29:39 am
PG's Wing-T threw for over 2,000 yards this past season and they have Disney coming back.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on April 28, 2016, 08:41:56 am
What world have we come to in life that a kid playing football at a small town just transfers because he doesn't like the offensive system?.... what a sad world if that happens because I imagine it does from time to time.

Happens quite often. Doesn't always work out so well for the transfers though. At least it didn't for the 2 I knew about last season.

beach bum

April 28, 2016, 09:20:03 am #15 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:21:53 am by beach bum
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 28, 2016, 09:16:45 am
Happens quite often. Doesn't always work out so well for the transfers though. At least it didn't for the 2 I knew about last season.

Dewitt? LOL.... I think that is what you are talking about. Hey now after they beat Carlise and Clarendon last year they had posters on here saying how mighty they were after winning two games against 2A schools. Then reality set back in the next 8 games.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on April 28, 2016, 09:20:03 am
Dewitt? LOL.... I think that is what you are talking about. Hey now after they beat Carlise and Clarendon last year they had posters on here saying how mighty they were after winning two games against 2A schools. Then reality set back in the next 8 games.

To be fair their QB got hurt in game 3 and was out for the season, he was their best/only real offensive threat. That game killed their season in more ways than one.

whippersnapper

April 28, 2016, 09:36:07 am #17 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:07:03 am by whippersnapper
Harrison Swayne is NOT MOVING FROM LINCOLN!!!!!! He was an All Conf QB in year one of Coach Harrison's offense. Threw for just over 1600 yards and rushed for over 500, 20 total TDs. There are some good pieces coming back around him in Wr Dalton Lee and RB Caleb Llyod, mix in some unheard of names as well. He is a WOLF not no tiger, cardinal or bulldog.

Here is his highlight video if anyone has free time
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2234768/highlights/332290381

Tigerdad2

I was hoping this was true. Lincoln's finest are known to move. It would have worked well. PG had a 2,200 yard passer this past season in a "run" offense

DogInTheHat

I heard he could be moving to Gentry because of a possible job for one of his parents... Can anyone confirm this?  ???

sparkythedog

Quote from: DogInTheHat on April 28, 2016, 01:07:41 pm
I heard he could be moving to Gentry because of a possible job for one of his parents... Can anyone confirm this?  ???

I think that him moving to Gentry is just a rumor. I talk to one of Harrison's inner circle friend and he said that Harrison wants to play for a bigger school with more competition.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: sparkythedog on April 28, 2016, 01:16:44 pm
I think that him moving to Gentry is just a rumor. I talk to one of Harrison's inner circle friend and he said that Harrison wants to play for a bigger school with more competition.
I guess Pea Ridge, Shiloh , Gravette Prairie Grove ,not enough competition?

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 28, 2016, 09:27:08 am
To be fair their QB got hurt in game 3 and was out for the season, he was their best/only real offensive threat. That game killed their season in more ways than one.
+1

Coach Steve

Harrison Swayne is officially moving to PG. I have heard from the Swayne family that he is attending the game friday and will be meeting the coaches. Possibly seeing reps ??? Great kid, must have for PG!

beach bum

Quote from: Coach Steve on May 19, 2016, 09:09:54 am
Harrison Swayne is officially moving to PG. I have heard from the Swayne family that he is attending the game friday and will be meeting the coaches. Possibly seeing reps ??? Great kid, must have for PG!

Here we go again ::)

Tigerdad2

Swayne to Disney can't wait.
Llyod will be next

catinthehat

Oh my my...the woes of Lincoln. I guess NOBODY saw that coming. I just had to go back and read a few old posts to remind myself what the "word" was about this time last year. Where were those 60+ players at the end of the 2015 season?? Whippersnapper promised me a weekly update after his "bold predictions". The more important question is...where are the 60+ this year???  Decisions, Decisions. What do the great minds of the Lincoln admin. do now? If Swayne has any brains, he'll go to a school where he can be a part of a successful team. He's only got one senior year. This is it, kid. Save yourself! Lincoln has done nothing to help you. Now maybe the AD (or DA) will find a way to finish the sham of a field house they started years ago.  Come on moms and dads of Lincoln...Get off your country rears and speak up. Mediocrity at its best. No...less than mediocre. (And, yes, Lloyd will be next...if he's smart.)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas