• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrisburg Football

Started by HighSchoolRecruiter, March 14, 2016, 01:34:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HighSchoolRecruiter

What happened to this towns football team? In the 2000's they were decent, did talent run out?

OB11

They had a really good group come through about 2010-2011.  After that I think the talent pool dipped down.  I think they are getting ready to move down in classification soon so they are having a tough time competing against larger schools in their conference right now.

The move down should help them be more competitive.

bigchief72455

They moved to the 4A. Little more competitive.

elvis26

;D so true bigchief!!!!!!!!!!

birddawg1986

Should have left Weiner at Weiner. Same thing will happen to WR taking in Black Rock. Who is going to be the next Harrisburg HC?

OB11

So what happened with the HC that was there?  Who was the HC?

elvis26

:) keith davis has been the harrisburgh head coach for several years!!!!!!!

birddawg1986

My source told he is getting reassigned and someone within the program will be named HC

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: birddawg1986 on April 09, 2016, 03:43:07 pm
My source told he is getting reassigned and someone within the program will be named HC

That may not be a bad idea, I know at one point he had the program up the up and up. The talent has either run dry or they just aren't being coached right. No disrespect to coach Davis, but it may be time to go in another direction.

Donnie Jamon

hiring good coaches is the hardest thing to do.  most good coaches go where the talent is..  Harrisburg don't have the athletes to hire anyone better than Davis.  Davis isn't shabby by any means.  His son was a good one.  Who you think taught him??  Harrisburg needs to be in 2A..  4A is very tough

bigchief72455

The 4A is tough. I think that is greatly over looked. There are a lot of 5A teams that would struggle in this conference.

OB11

They will be moving down to 3A very soon I believe.  That should help them be more competitive.

bigchief72455

I don't see them dropping any time soon. Cave City will go down before they do.

Made

Quote from: bigchief72455 on April 20, 2016, 01:23:51 pm
The 4A is tough. I think that is greatly over looked. There are a lot of 5A teams that would struggle in this conference.
classification? or conference?

bigchief72455

Lumberjackfan1978

Qhcaoc

Quote from: bigchief72455 on April 20, 2016, 01:23:51 pm

are you talking about the 4A as a whole or the 3-4A? Because the 3-4a is not very tough once you get past the top 2 or 3 teams.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: Qhcaoc on May 13, 2016, 12:05:15 pm
are you talking about the 4A as a whole or the 3-4A? Because the 3-4a is not very tough once you get past the top 2 or 3 teams.

nevermind I see your later post now

Football4ever

Have they hired a coach yet?

mtindian42

Harrisburgs talent pool is way down. There 2 best players last year left them. Dillon russell transferd to Pocahontas and hagg transferd to trumann. Something beyond what the eye can see is going on there.(jmo)

Pipedream1

Yes it is called. DNA...the games these kids are playing were decided at birth.  No talent...you won't win.

elvis26

8) did Harrisburg ever hire a coach yet?

birddawg1986

Looks like they hired Charles Benintende. He was the DC I think

Hornet guy

He was on the staff last year but quit midway though the year . Could not get along with Davis . I believe they will be wishing they would have let Coach Davis stay before it is all over with .

birddawg1986

Yeah if they get took to the wood shed in week 1 & 2 against Cross Co & Marked Tree it might be another long year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas