• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs. Idabel- Week 3 2016

Started by footballcoach2015, February 02, 2016, 10:52:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

footballcoach2015

Any thoughts on how this game will go?

~WPS~

footballcoach2015

Ended up being just a rumor I didn't believe it either, but it's 100% sure Idabel.

~WPS~

I've seen Idabel at track meets over the years and they've got some decent athletes. I don't know anything about the football team though.

Pat Swilling

polksalet

Terrible matchup. We'd be better off playing dierks.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: polksalet on February 03, 2016, 12:08:55 am

agree.  Idabel is a 3 A school at best in Arkansas.   but you gotta fill a schedule.

beach bum

polksalet

Someone shoulda called euless trinity. 

kjjackson

Better for Idabel, last year they had Evangel their third game.

polksalet

Okieback

Idabel graduates best player in kj wells, was an Oklahoma state commit, but did not have qualifying scores so will be at neo junior college.

Yes they are very good at track , 14 state championships for boys and I believe 6 for girls and a ton of runner-ups for both.  But those kids have not always played football.
They hired a coach out of Texas 2 years ago and he got them to I believe the second or 3rd
Round his first year after not making the playoffs in about 10 years.

More than likely a win for Nashville, but there is no telling who will show up to play for the warriors , there is a ton of k-8 schools down in that area that feed into them. Wells was one of those players.

Okieback

Their enrollment is 375 in grades 8-11, so they are only about 60
Smaller than Nashville , and would be in the middle of 4a Arkansas classification.

It has been going down the last 15 years as families move to some of the smaller schools in the area.
They also are right beside broken bow, so there is always the chance a few kids could move. They are like 6 miles a part.

Okieback

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 03, 2016, 09:15:45 am
Quote from: polksalet on February 03, 2016, 12:08:55 am

agree.  Idabel is a 3 A school at best in Arkansas.   but you gotta fill a schedule.

Wrong

~WPS~

Quote from: Okieback on February 07, 2016, 11:22:35 am
Smaller than Nashville , and would be in the middle of 4a Arkansas classification.

It has been going down the last 15 years as families move to some of the smaller schools in the area.
They also are right beside broken bow, so there is always the chance a few kids could move. They are like 6 miles a part.

I'm pretty sure Arkansas enrollment numbers are based on grades 9-11.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 07, 2016, 12:13:35 pm
Quote from: Okieback on February 07, 2016, 11:22:35 am

I'm pretty sure Arkansas enrollment numbers are based on grades 9-11.

They are....

HorseFeathers

Okieback

Well Oklahoma is 8-11, cause those kids will be in high school the next year in grades 9-12,
So why would Arkansas base high school enrollment on 10-12?
So you are saying Nashville has 120 8th graders?

Okieback

Doesn't matter , I'm agreeing with you guys , Nashville will win by at least 28.

Now as far as nashville's enrollment numbers, they would be middle of the pack number wise in Oklahoma . Oklahoma 4a is 500-680, except for the bottom 3 which are private schools that have been bumped up.

~WPS~

Most grades at Nashville have an enrollment of 130-150. 9th graders usually don't play high school sports so that could be why 8th grade enrollment is not included in Arkansas.

rockstar

hey theres a team on soutside of texarkana they can play called liberty eylau. it wouldn't be that far of a travel.

Marblehog

Idabel is awful.  Can't believe Nashville scheduled them.  Very dangerous place for fans to go also.  Ridiculous

~WPS~

June 13, 2016, 07:27:54 pm #22 Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:32:04 pm by ~WPS~
Quote from: rockstar on June 13, 2016, 06:39:13 pm
hey theres a team on soutside of texarkana they can play called liberty eylau. it wouldn't be that far of a travel.
Played them back in 2008-09. Faced former A&M, now Bengals RB Tra Carson. Both were good games. Nashville won 58-35 and 37-27 I believe.

~WPS~

Quote from: Marblehog on June 13, 2016, 07:22:21 pm
Idabel is awful.  Can't believe Nashville scheduled them.  Very dangerous place for fans to go also.  Ridiculous
I'm not too excited about the matchup. But you have to schedule whoever you can. Plus we need an easy game the way the schedule is.

scrapman

Watson Chapel dropped Nashville and said they didn't want to play again.  I heard it was hard to get a game.

Marblehog

Quote from: ~WPS~ on June 13, 2016, 08:10:09 pm
I'm not too excited about the matchup. But you have to schedule whoever you can. Plus we need an easy game the way the schedule is.
An easy game?  Yall had more talent last year than EVERY opponent you played

~WPS~

Quote from: Marblehog on June 14, 2016, 10:38:31 am
An easy game?  Yall had more talent last year than EVERY opponent you played
That doesn't mean the game is easy. Other teams have talent too.

Marblehog

With the talent Nasvhille had last year I would say MOST games were easy

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on June 14, 2016, 03:02:05 pm
With the talent Nasvhille had last year I would say MOST games were easy
24 seniors and 3 division 2 players...loaded.  that's probably comparable to most teams we played.

scrapman

We did have talent but to say loaded is not correct.  A lot of people picked malvern to beat nashville and it wasn't even close. If we were loaded the picks wouldn't have been the way they were. Pea Ridge, PG were supposed to be way more phyaical....didn't happen.   We were talented but let's face it, ashdown rolls out with numerous d1 guys.  Robinson will do the same. Nashville has 1 D1 guy this year and he is 1 of 2 D1 guys that we have produced in a long time. We have great tradition, work ethic and coaching. Should be an interesting year this year.

Marblehog

Quote from: scrapman on June 14, 2016, 09:51:03 pm
24 seniors and 3 division 2 players...loaded.  that's probably comparable to most teams we played.
LMFAO.  Name another team you played that had 24 seniors and 3 division two players.  Maybe Warren?  But you forgot to mention that along with those 3 college players you had two more D1 players that were juniors and one offered by Arkansas.  Don't try and act like Nashville didnt have more talent than every team they played, give me a freakin break.

Marblehog

Now that being said I'm not gonna argue with your points on good coaching, tradition, and work ethic yAll got that and that's why yAll are good. 

mtindian42

The warriors will play hard... The bel will be over matched tho! Nashville is just to good for the bel.

Marblehog

I've seen "The Bel" play quite a bit over the years.  Trust me when they get down they won't play hard

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on June 15, 2016, 10:47:59 am
LMFAO.  Name another team you played that had 24 seniors and 3 division two players.  Maybe Warren?  But you forgot to mention that along with those 3 college players you had two more D1 players that were juniors and one offered by Arkansas.  Don't try and act like Nashville didnt have more talent than every team they played, give me a freakin break.
Nashville has 1 kid with a division 1 offer. I don't think anyone else on the team even has a D2 offer yet. Now Hopkins will eventually I believe but he has no D1 offers that I know of. We will see how loaded we are this year.  Ashdown has multiple D1 guys including the best player in the state.  Robinson has d1 guys. I heard the RB at malvern has like 8 offers already. We will see how it all shakes out.  Who will be the favorite to win? Nashville? Or will it be the teams with multiple D1 players already offered?

Lumberjackfan1978

Nashville has a lot of starters back so they will win the conference, I think Robinson will be tough as will Malvern

GuvHog

If Idabel somehow manages to win that game against Nashville, it will be a sure sign that it will be a long year in the land of the Scrappers.

polksalet

Quote from: scrapman on June 16, 2016, 11:45:36 am
Nashville has 1 kid with a division 1 offer. I don't think anyone else on the team even has a D2 offer yet. Now Hopkins will eventually I believe but he has no D1 offers that I know of. We will see how loaded we are this year.  Ashdown has multiple D1 guys including the best player in the state.  Robinson has d1 guys. I heard the RB at malvern has like 8 offers already. We will see how it all shakes out.  Who will be the favorite to win? Nashville? Or will it be the teams with multiple D1 players already offered?

Nashville always wins. That's all that matters.

Marblehog

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 16, 2016, 09:52:57 pm
Nashville has a lot of starters back so they will win the conference, I think Robinson will be tough as will Malvern
They do?  I was told they lost 7 starters on defense and 4 on offense.

polksalet

Quote from: Marblehog on June 21, 2016, 02:15:29 pm
They do?  I was told they lost 7 starters on defense and 4 on offense.

Different groups of starters on d depending on matchups. We probably had 18 kids that started 4 or more games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas