• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A 2016

Started by FBfan79, December 18, 2015, 11:26:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

Congrats to the Scrappers for taking the title this year.  Snell is a stud.  Next year seems to be even more tough with Joe T replacing Waldron.  How does everyone stack up in 2016?  Although FL loses quite a bit,  I think they should have decent size, a solid QB, and a possible standout junior RB in Parion Johnson.

hawgfan15

Nashville, Arkadelphia, Ashdown, and Malvern all return some very good players. It is going to be a battle for a playoff spot. If I get a chance next week I will try and breakdown what everyone has coming back.

polksalet

Brief summary on Nashville. We return..

The best back in the state.
The best offensive lineman in the state.
I think the best offensive line in 4a. I don't know who gets the two vacant spots but worst case we put two sophs there who are absolute beasts. That's worst case.
A huge d line. We should be the biggest dline in 4a next year. But we won't have the speed we've had the last couple years.
The lost of Grundy at olb can't be over stated. Nelson was also very good. But we have some good prospects coming online.
Secondary is probably gonna take the hardest hit but it should still be average at worst.
Our wrs should be extremely good. Lil Pettway is a major difference maker and we have some others while not as big can fly. Maybe as much straight line speed as this last bunch.
Qb will be interesting. Unless coach is gonna try and put someone back there whose never played the position it'll either be Moorer or Hanson. I figure it'll be Moorer. He's really smart, decent arm, accurate, decent scrambler. I mean he can make an occasional play with his feet. He's no Snell. Snell was the best running Qb I've seen since Grandy, maybe better.

IF the lbs are as good as I'm hoping/expecting and the new giant d linemen can get in tune a repeat is more then likely.

I'm mostly looking forward to never seeing Parker Ross never play us again. He's a latter day Ronald Meadows in Scrapper lore.

FBfan79

December 19, 2015, 08:20:34 am #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:22:50 am by FBfan79
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 19, 2015, 12:01:59 am
Nashville, Arkadelphia, Ashdown, and Malvern all return some very good players. It is going to be a battle for a playoff spot. If I get a chance next week I will try and breakdown what everyone has coming back.

Great! thanks!

And Ross will surely be missed

Mr. Mercer

December 20, 2015, 09:01:11 pm #4 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:06:57 pm by Mr. Mercer
Will be interested to see Nashville without Snell. Seems like the offense was more pass oriented in college so we'll see where they go from there. Snell had a good year throwing the ball but his legs were definitely the focus of the offense, and def probably opened up the passing game more for them. Do they have someone similar following him? Seems like every team in the conference is replacing a QB this year. Hopkins really the best back in the state?  I'll be interested to see what Robinson brings back to the conference.

hawgfan15

December 21, 2015, 01:31:15 pm #5 Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:47:16 pm by hawgfan15
Quote from: Mr. Mercer on December 20, 2015, 09:01:11 pm
Will be interested to see Nashville without Snell. Seems like the offense was more pass oriented in college so we'll see where they go from there. Snell had a good year throwing the ball but his legs were definitely the focus of the offense, and def probably opened up the passing game more for them. Do they have someone similar following him? Seems like every team in the conference is replacing a QB this year. Hopkins really the best back in the state?  I'll be interested to see what Robinson brings back to the conference.

So far I have not heard any rumbles about us moving anyone new to the QB position. At this moment I expect SR Gabe Moorer to be our starting quarterback next season. He is a pocket passer with a little bit of athleticism to escape a rush. Certainly not a runner like Snell so I expect the offense to change quite a bit. I will not be surprised if Hopkins has a package at QB to continue our option ground attack.

The only teams that return their starting QB are Ashdown and Mena.

Darius Hopkins is as good as anyone in the state. With Snell gone next season everyone will get to see just how good he is. He had over 1,600 yards and 27 TD's in 2015.

Robinson will battle for one of the last playoff spots. They lose a lot of starters next year especially up front and in the backfield.

hawgfan15

December 21, 2015, 02:57:02 pm #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:09:05 pm by hawgfan15
Here is a breakdown and brief summary of each team's returning starters for next season.

Arkadelphia   (8-6, 4-3)             
(4 on O, 6 on D) -10 returning starters   

The Badgers will be led by a deep junior class next season. 5 of the 6 returning starters on defense were sophomores last season. Offensively they will have to fill the void left by QB Jeff Blake. SR WR Shemar Dickens and SR RB Tajhan McKenzie are the top returning playmakers.       

Ashdown   (8-4, 5-2)
(5 on O, 6 on D) -11 returning starters

Ashdown is one of only 2 teams who will be returning their QB next season. JR QB Jaden Hill (6'2 205) has all of the tools to be one of the top QB's in 4A. JR RB Tre Green proved to be a big time playmaker last season. The Panthers also return 3 of their top 5 WR's and 2 starters on the offensive line. Defensively they will be led by all-state senior safety Montaric Brown and senior safety Tajhnick Bishop, both had over 100 tackles last season.

Bauxite (1-9, 1-6)
(Returns only 8 players from last year)

The Miners are in a tough situation heading into next season with only 8 players returning from last years team. The one bright spot is that the the sophomore class looks to have 20+ players in it. Bauxite will have a rebuilding season in 2016.

Fountain Lake (8-4, 5-2)         
(1 on O, 2 on D) -3 returning starters

Fountain Lake has a lot of positions to fill in 2016. You can never count out Coach Tommy Gilleran but it looks like the Cobras will have their work cut out for them to make the playoffs next season. JR RB Parion Johnson showed flashes of big play ability last season and will be relied upon to carry the offense in 2016.                

Malvern (6-5, 4-3)

The Leopards look to bounce back from a disappointing 2015 season. If you are looking for a sleeper pick for next season this just might be that team. The legend of Demias Jimmerson should be on display next season as the Malvern quarterback. He will be surrounded by experienced talent in SR RB Devin Shaw, SR WR Teven Smith, and SR WR Dalton Bray. The Leopards also return 2 offensive linemen. On defense they will be led by SR LB Bryce Freer, JR LB Jordan Hart, and SR FS Jaquez Lock. Shaw, Smith, and Jimmerson see time on both sides of the ball.

Mena (3-7, 2-5)               
(6 on O, 5 onD) -11 returning starters

The Bearcats missed the playoffs last season but should make a strong push for a spot next season. On offense they will be led by JR QB Carson Cannon, SR RB Ryan Ozanich, and JR WR Justin Dean. They only return 2 starters on the offensive line but they also return their top 2 reserve linemen who saw a lot of action. Defensively is where Mena will have a lot of production to replace with several 3 years starters graduating in May.

Nashville (15-0, 7-0)
(7 on O, 6 on D) -13 returning starters

The Scrappers will look to defend their state title with over half of their starters back next season. The offense will be led by SR RB Darius Hopkins and JR RB Trent Harris. The two RB's combined accounted for over 2,500 yards and 41 TD's in 2015. 3 of the offensive linemen who paved the way for those two RB's will be back next season. SR LT Kirby Adcock (6'5 260) is one of the best offensive linemen in the state. 3 of the top 6 WR's from last years team also return in SR WR Hunter White, JR WR Ty Pettway, and JR WR Dominick Kight. The Scrapper defense will be led by SR LB Garrett Gordon (100+ tackles), SR NT Jarvis Holmes, SR LB Michael Bevill, and SR DE/LB Mace Green. Hopkins and White were starters at the safety positions and helped elevate the play of the secondary in the playoffs. During the regular season SR DB Austin Gibbs, JR DB Kailus Hughes, and JR LB Tyler Hanson made multiple starts.       

Robinson (9-3,5-2) 4-4A*
(3 on O, 5 on D) -8 returning starters

The Robinson Senators make their return to the 7-4A. There probably wasn't a team in 4A more confusing than Robinson last season. A lot of that talent will be gone including Arkansas commit TJ Hammonds. JR WR Nathan Page might be as good as anyone in the state at the position and will certainly be the go to guy in 2016. SR RB Myles Fells will move over to the starting role after playing WR primarily in 2015. SR OL Sanderson Hines is the only returning starter up front. Defensively the Senators are led by JR LB Hunter Swoboda (100+ tackles) and SR DE David Porter (17 TFL). Page and Fells also start both ways.

Bigredhog1971

A good team out of this conference will not make the playoffs next year.

hogdiggity

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 21, 2015, 02:57:02 pm

Ashdown   (8-4, 5-2)

Ashdown is one of only 2 teams who will be returning their QB next season. JR QB Jaden Hill (6'2 205) has all of the tools to be one of the top QB's in 4A. JR RB Tre Green proved to be a big time playmaker last season. The Panthers also return 3 of their top 5 WR's and 2 starters on the offensive line. Defensively they will be led by all-state senior safety Montaric Brown and senior safety Tajhnick Bishop, both had over 100 tackles last season.

Ashdown also returns Alex Day on D, he is a major factor from the DE spot.  If we can get some quality play from a few of the sophomores-to-be it could be a good year.

beach bum

All I know is the 7-4A is going no where next year and will stay top dog...Nashville will be scary again, Arkadelphia & Ashdown return plenty to be back in the mix. Malvern possibly the 4? Then when you have teams like Fountain Lake, Mena, and Robinson battling for 5-7 that speaks for itself when they would firmly be in the playoffs in every other league. This is a 4A conference with 5A depth to it. Expect 3 teams to be playing after Thanksgiving or it will be a let down.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 21, 2015, 02:57:02 pm
Here is a breakdown and brief summary of each team's returning starters for next season.

Arkadelphia   (8-6, 4-3)             
(4 on O, 6 on D) -10 returning starters   

The Badgers will be led by a deep junior class next season. 5 of the 6 returning starters on defense were sophomores last season. Offensively they will have to fill the void left by QB Jeff Blake. SR WR Shemar Dickens and SR RB Tajhan McKenzie are the top returning playmakers.       

Ashdown   (8-4, 5-2)

Bauxite (1-9, 1-6)
(Returns only 8 players from last year)

The Miners are in a tough situation heading into next season with only 8 players returning from last years team. The one bright spot is that the the sophomore class looks to have 20+ players in it. Bauxite will have a rebuilding season in 2016.

Fountain Lake (8-4, 5-2)         
(1 on O, 2 on D) -3 returning starters

Fountain Lake has a lot of positions to fill in 2016. You can never count out Coach Tommy Gilleran but it looks like the Cobras will have their work cut out for them to make the playoffs next season. JR RB Parion Johnson showed flashes of big play ability last season and will be relied upon to carry the offense in 2016.                

Malvern (6-5, 4-3)
(5 on O, 6 on D) -11 returning starters This could easily be 13 returning having loss 2 to leg injuries

The Leopards look to bounce back from a disappointing 2015 season. If you are looking for a sleeper pick for next season this just might be that team. The legend of Demias Jimmerson should be on display next season as the Malvern quarterback. He will be surrounded by experienced talent in SR RB Devin Shaw, SR WR Teven Smith, and SR WR Dalton Bray. The Leopards also return 2 offensive linemen. On defense they will be led by SR LB Bryce Freer, JR LB Jordan Hart, and SR FS Jaquez Lock. Shaw, Smith, and Jimmerson see time on both sides of the ball.

Mena (3-7, 2-5)               
(6 on O, 5 onD) -11 returning starters

The Bearcats missed the playoffs last season but should make a strong push for a spot next season. On offense they will be led by JR QB Carson Cannon, SR RB Ryan Ozanich, and JR WR Justin Dean. They only return 2 starters on the offensive line but they also return their top 2 reserve linemen who saw a lot of action. Defensively is where Mena will have a lot of production to replace with several 3 years starters graduating in May.

Nashville (15-0, 7-0)
(7 on O, 6 on D) -13 returning starters

The Scrappers will look to defend their state title with over half of their starters back next season. The offense will be led by SR RB Darius Hopkins and JR RB Trent Harris. The two RB's combined accounted for over 2,500 yards and 41 TD's in 2015. 3 of the offensive linemen who paved the way for those two RB's will be back next season. SR LT Kirby Adcock (6'5 260) is one of the best offensive linemen in the state. 3 of the top 6 WR's from last years team also return in SR WR Hunter White, JR WR Ty Pettway, and JR WR Dominick Kight. The Scrapper defense will be led by SR LB Garrett Gordon (100+ tackles), SR NT Jarvis Holmes, SR LB Michael Bevill, and SR DE/LB Mace Green. Hopkins and White were starters at the safety positions and helped elevate the play of the secondary in the playoffs. During the regular season SR DB Austin Gibbs, JR DB Kailus Hughes, and JR LB Tyler Hanson made multiple starts.       

Robinson (9-3,5-2) 4-4A*
(3 on O, 5 on D) -8 returning starters

The Robinson Senators make their return to the 7-4A. There probably wasn't a team in 4A more confusing than Robinson last season. A lot of that talent will be gone including Arkansas commit TJ Hammonds. JR WR Nathan Page might be as good as anyone in the state at the position and will certainly be the go to guy in 2016. SR RB Myles Fells will move over to the starting role after playing WR primarily in 2015. SR OL Sanderson Hines is the only returning starter up front. Defensively the Senators are led by JR LB Hunter Swoboda (100+ tackles) and SR DE David Porter (17 TFL). Page and Fells also start both ways.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: beach bum on December 22, 2015, 03:12:34 pm
All I know is the 7-4A is going no where next year and will stay top dog...Nashville will be scary again, Arkadelphia & Ashdown return plenty to be back in the mix. Malvern possibly the 4? Then when you have teams like Fountain Lake, Mena, and Robinson battling for 5-7 that speaks for itself when they would firmly be in the playoffs in every other league. This is a 4A conference with 5A depth to it. Expect 3 teams to be playing after Thanksgiving or it will be a let down.
I don't expect Malvern to place 4th

hawgfan15

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 22, 2015, 03:28:24 pm

I think he just meant those are the top 4 teams in the conference next season.

Who are the two that had leg injuries? I assume Jimmerson is one of them.

hawgfan15

My way too early 7-4A prediction:

1. Nashville
2. Malvern
3. Ashdown
4. Arkadelphia
5. Robinson
6. Mena
7. Fountain Lake
8. Bauxite

THE D.O.C

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 22, 2015, 04:16:20 pm

Actually 3, Jimmerson-DB-QB, D. Blaschke LB, A. Wright DT 6' 280 all had leg injuries early in season. Malvern should be very talented at D-line.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 22, 2015, 04:18:03 pm

1. Nashville
2. Malvern
3. Ashdown
4. Arkadelphia
5. Robinson
6. Mena
7. Fountain Lake
8. Bauxite
I think FL could/should be considered 4th/5th...

hawgfan15

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on December 22, 2015, 05:48:48 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 22, 2015, 04:18:03 pm

1. Nashville
2. Malvern
3. Ashdown
4. Arkadelphia
5. Robinson
6. Mena
7. Fountain Lake
8. Bauxite
I think FL could/should be considered 4th/5th...

Could be, we will see. That would just be based on prior success. Not much to point to when making a case for them as a playoff team. Gilleran is a very good coach though.

hawgfan15

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 22, 2015, 05:47:47 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 22, 2015, 04:16:20 pm

Actually 3, Jimmerson-DB-QB, D. Blaschke LB, A. Wright DT 6' 280 all had leg injuries early in season. Malvern should be very talented at D-line.

I was wondering what happened to Wright. He is stout in the middle of the defense for sure.

FBfan79

December 26, 2015, 11:05:34 pm #18 Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:34:37 am by FBfan79
This might be a crazy year for the 7-4A.  Nashville should lead the way but anything could happen.  No off weeks this year.  One of the best conferences I've seen. 

SUGARTOWN

T. J. Hammonds was offered by Alabama last night. Hopefully he remains a Hog. I didn't know where to put this but since Robinson will in the 7-4A next year I thought I should put it here.

FBfan79

FL conference schedule-

@Robinson
Nashville
Arkadelphia
@Bauxite
@Malvern
Mena
@Ashdown

Tough setup for a rebuilding year.  Not liking the looks of this.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas