• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A in 2016 (offseason chatter)

Started by beach bum, December 13, 2015, 12:05:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

December 13, 2015, 12:05:41 am Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:11:10 am by beach bum
1.Pea Ridge- I think their loaded junior class as well as plenty of talent coming up speaks for itself. If they aren't playing after Thanksgiving that will be a big time let down

2.Prairie Grove- Yes, they are losing a ton but the classes they have coming up are still solid and the will do the usual PG thing

3.Shiloh Christian- with the QB back again and enough athletes they will be just about where they sat this season

4.Lincoln- I think they make another positive step. Their freshman RB and junior QB back they will undoubtedly be better. With a favorable playoff draw as a 4 seed it would not be out of the question to see a playoff victory

5.Gravette- they are Gravette and have a great staff in place so what else do you expect but playoffs in that town.

6.Gentry- again very young and I expect their new coach to make a slight positive step

7.Huntsville- begging not to go back to 5A ever again

8.Berryville- the community support is simply not there to be successful. I hate to say that

****NOTES
-this conference will be very solid again next year, maybe not as stout at the 1 and 2 spots as this year but this will be a top 2 or 3 league again, look out for Pea Ridge
-Lincoln will be better, that is a certainty, but how much better is the question?
-Pea Ridge is in the drivers seat and I don't want to start a rumor mill but can Travis turn down money from a 7A school. I know he loves Pea Ridge but he will be coveted and money talks, he has to be one of the hottest commodities in the state

prHOG13

PGTIGERS09

PG picks up a new player next year.  He will fill a spot.  6'4  250 DE he will make things tough for opposing offenses.

Tiger Pride

Nip/Tusk

PGTIGERS09

I'm talking about a good football player that will enroll at PG in two weeks.  Good size, quick, fairly strong.  Write it down. 

PGTIGERS09

prHOG13

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 13, 2015, 10:02:39 pm
PG doing some 'cruitin now huh?

No my son is coming to live with me.  Thanks for asking.

prHOG13

PGTIGERS09

Well I hope he dominates little peeee ridge.  We will see.  Wink some more.  Let your team do the talking instead of your mouth.  What was the score of the last game against PG? 

prHOG13

lol settle down boss, I was just having fun.

I couldn't care less about smack talking other fans. I try to stay objective on here with my opinion on everyone's teams. I follow Pea Ridge because I live here. My kids are still many years away from playing HS ball.

SUGARTOWN

PR coach Tony Travis has been chosen as the West head coach for All-Star game this summer.

prHOG13

2nd time coach Travis has received that honor in the last 4 years.

beach bum

As the season comes closer, and we get a better look at what each team has to offer I really would not be shocked to see this conference end in a three way tie between Shiloh Christian, Pea Ridge, and Prairie Grove. Shiloh will have an offense to score a ton of points, but will they have enough to stop Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove's running game. Pea Ridge is returning a ton as we know. Prairie Grove has more in the cabinet than people realize, and I believe has enough to take one of the games against Shiloh or Pea Ridge.
     Gravette is a team we all leave out and they have too good of coaches and a program to not field another playoff team. Lincoln will be improved on last years playoff run they made, but we will have to see if they have made the strides. I believe they will start their non conference 3-0 so an upset along the way could jump them to 7 wins total which would be quite the season for them. Gentry and Huntsville are on the outside with the smallest of hopes for the playoffs. And poor Berryville will be down at the 8 spot in this league.
     I see Shiloh, Pea Ridge, and Prairie Grove with the ability to win multiple playoff games and for this to be the next best league behind the 7-4A.

prHOG13

July 15, 2016, 11:12:13 pm #15 Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:02:57 pm by prHOG13
Shiloh is solid, but I just think it'll come down to PG and PR in the end. Shiloh needs more consistent QB play and be able to make some stops defensively. Playing at PR at the end of the season also favors PR.

Pea Ridge went down to Greenwood and participated in a one day camp with Greenwood and FS Northside and did EXTREMELY well. There won't be any alternating QB's this year every series, it'll just be Sainsbury as Wright is focusing on baseball because he's a legit D1 prospect there. The running game will be explosive, and there is going to be a passing game that Pea Ridge hasn't had maybe ever. The OL will be the key imo.

I'm interested to see PG's offense and their QB play in the opener against Farmington. Pea Ridge will have the same test in week 3. That'll be a good indicator of where each team stands

Regardless, can't wait for the season to get here.

baller4

July 21, 2016, 01:26:59 pm #16 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:00:41 am by baller4
 :)

~WPS~

Quote from: baller4 on July 21, 2016, 01:26:59 pm
If you look at Sainsbury from Pea Ridge. His numbers are better then Connor Noland from Greenwood last year. And both QBs rotated last year. And Noland just signed with HOGS and had other D1 offers. Just saying Pea Ridge should not be over looked just because of coaching change.
Greenwood played 7A schools. Pea Ridge played the likes of Berryville.

WPWells

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 21, 2016, 01:36:28 pm
Greenwood played 7A schools. Pea Ridge played the likes of Berryville.

+1

prHOG13

Yeah let's not compare Sainsbury to Noland.

beach bum

You don't want to get the 2 seed in this conference after seeing the playoff bracket released. The 1 seed gets home field all the way to WMS & the 3 seed gets in the easiest quadrant of the bracket by far. I am predicting a three way tie for the conference crown between Prairie Grove, Shiloh Christian, and Pea Ridge this year after seeing more of what each team has to offer so again you do not want the 2 seed because you travel to the winner of the 7-4A in the second round. Even the 4 seed has two tough but very winnable games in the 1st and 2nd rounds so I could see the 1-4A doing very well this postseason with the draw that came out if this league really turns out to be the second best conference in 2016.

x14113

Quote from: beach bum on December 13, 2015, 12:05:41 am
Huntsville- begging not to go back to 5A ever again

Their enrollment will have to drop like a lead weight this year for that wish to be granted.

Even worse, Berryville could very well join them in due time...

PGtigers21

Talking about PR Junior QB Jakota Sainsbury.. I do think that he is underrated in areas. Everyone seems to only be talking about Reece and Swayne. But if you look back on Sainsbury, He had a little over 200 passing yards against us.. (PG) and a little over 100 against Nashville. The two teams that were in the finals last year. I think that is impressive considering he roatated every series and was on a run first team. I think that now he has matured into a junior and will be the only QB and throwing the ball more he will have impressive stats and I think people are over looking that he threw for over a little over 1,000 under a roatating QB system. I was impressive when I got to watch him the one game. I don't think anyone should over look him...

beach bum

Who is everyone in the 1-4A playing for their scrimmage? Prairie Grove will be playing Van Buren! I hope they let the starters play a half or close to a half of play.

pridgehog

prHOG13

Quote from: pridgehog on August 04, 2016, 03:30:22 pm
Why Not?
Because one has offers to aTm, UCLA, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Penn State, Ole Miss, UNC and others

The other does not

I like Sainsbury a lot and think he'll be a good HS QB. It's just not a fair comparison though

LION Dad

It will be a close conference this year a lot of teams return some young talent, Gravette could be in the hunt just depends on how the qb situation plays out, defense  has the ability to be the best since Harrelson's been at Gravette, and that's not my opinion that's coming from him, and that's a big statement to say with some of the d that he's had since being at Gravette. So don't count out the ole Lions I think they'll surprise ya. 
This is a tuff thing to post cause I just can't stand them gentry could surprise a few they actually have a pretty good qb but they lack numbers, if everyone can stay healthy they might jump up and win one they weren't suppose too,

whippersnapper

Lincoln scrimmages West Fork. 7th grade and JH will be Monday the 22nd at WF. Sr High Tuesday night the 23rd at Lincoln.

baller4

Quote from: PGtigers21 on August 01, 2016, 09:46:59 pm
Talking about PR Junior QB Jakota Sainsbury.. I do think that he is underrated in areas. Everyone seems to only be talking about Reece and Swayne. But if you look back on Sainsbury, He had a little over 200 passing yards against us.. (PG) and a little over 100 against Nashville. The two teams that were in the finals last year. I think that is impressive considering he roatated every series and was on a run first team. I think that now he has matured into a junior and will be the only QB and throwing the ball more he will have impressive stats and I think people are over looking that he threw for over a little over 1,000 under a roatating QB system. I was impressive when I got to watch him the one game. I don't think anyone should over look him...
From what I seen and heard I am thinking that the PG and Gravette games are the only regular season games that the starters played after half time for the most part. So those numbers are pretty good when you think about it. He really only played in half of the game and rotated. So really playing one or one and a half quarters a game. Should be a fun season. I wish it would get here.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: baller4 on August 12, 2016, 09:11:56 am
From what I seen and heard I am thinking that the PG and Gravette games are the only regular season games that the starters played after half time for the most part. So those numbers are pretty good when you think about it. He really only played in half of the game and rotated. So really playing one or one and a half quarters a game. Should be a fun season. I wish it would get here.

PR beat Shiloh 24-21 last year with the backups playing most of the 2nd half? That's impressive.....

baller4

August 12, 2016, 10:05:28 am #30 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:08:59 am by baller4
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 12, 2016, 09:23:27 am
PR beat Shiloh 24-21 last year with the backups playing most of the 2nd half? That's impressive.....
Sorry about that one. No way that would have happened with out the staters in the whole game.

beach bum

Prairie Grove is taking the 1 seed from this conference. When you have kids with confidence and the obvious hunger to repeat success that is hard to take away.... Two very good teams will be trying though.

dukes424

After watching today's practice/ scrimmage - dont think so beach bumb but our top four in our conference will do very well this year. This year the 1 4a is stronger than the 2011 and 2012 year by far. PG will finish in the top three but I don't think anyone will stop the Hawks from a conference title this year. Anything can happen excited to get the party started. I have 2 graduated and played, and two on varsity this year. So far from what I've seen from the new coaches it's gonna be a good year.

Tigerdad2

PG reloads and wins 1-4a. One practice does not determine a season. Coach Abshier  is the best small school coach you can find.

prHOG13

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on August 13, 2016, 02:46:21 pm
PG reloads and wins 1-4a. One practice does not determine a season. Coach Abshier  is the best small school coach you can find.
Im not really one to talk trash on here because it doesn't mean anything and I don't currently have any kids on the team, but it hasn't just been one practice... Pea Ridge was a part of a team camp with Greenwood and FS Northside and they were the best team there. They're going to be very good. I've watched a few practices and they're deep at the skill positions and at LB. I worry about the OL a little on the edges, but we'll see what happens.

I think its between PG and PR for the conference title. With PG hosting it'll be a tough game for the Blackhawks. I'm just not buying the Shiloh hype right now, and they've got to travel to PR in the season finale.

Lumberjackfan1978

It's got the makings to be a good game when that time gets here

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on August 13, 2016, 08:51:59 pm
Im not really one to talk trash on here because it doesn't mean anything and I don't currently have any kids on the team, but it hasn't just been one practice... Pea Ridge was a part of a team camp with Greenwood and FS Northside and they were the best team there.

You heard it here first, PR is better than Greenwood.

Lumberjackfan1978

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 13, 2016, 10:11:51 pm
You heard it here first, PR is better than Greenwood.
I mean, it was a camp and not an actual game, but they were in pads and scrimmaging. Probably should have worded that differently. I'll rephrase and say they competed at a high level against 6A and 7A schools.

i gotta question

What do you guys think about the pr defense this year, mainly the replacements for lost starters? I feel like it will be tough for them to make up for some of that lost defensive talent.

WPWells

Quote from: i gotta question on August 14, 2016, 08:07:55 am
What do you guys think about the pr defense this year, mainly the replacements for lost starters? I feel like it will be tough for them to make up for some of that lost defensive talent.

Were you or a relative a member of PR's defense last year?

i gotta question

No I just love watching them play, I am just mainly worried defensively about the d-line

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: i gotta question on August 14, 2016, 02:13:51 pm
No I just love watching them play, I am just mainly worried defensively about the d-line

If they could handle Greenwood and FS Northside I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Overdahill

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 14, 2016, 02:32:12 pm
If they could handle Greenwood and FS Northside I wouldn't be too worried about it.

you better let Lanny know the preseason rankings are all wrong ;)

beach bum

August 14, 2016, 07:25:57 pm #44 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:03:24 pm by beach bum
If Prairie Grove played in a format like they do in camps during the summer they would probably be a 4-6 or 5-5 team most years because that is not real football. When the running game gets going down hill in October that is real football the way Prairie Grove likes it. I don't think PG would care one bit about a camp in the summer where both teams are flinging the ball left and right through the air. PG went to the state championship last year with the main RB that ran a high 4.8 or 4.9 forty yard dash. They obviously aren't worried about looking pretty or looking like the best athletes. It's all about being more physical than the other team for them.

i gotta question

It may just be me but I'm tired of talking I'm ready to get this season started

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: i gotta question on August 14, 2016, 10:18:32 pm
It may just be me but I'm tired of talking I'm ready to get this season started

Three posts and you're already tired of talking? Perhaps a "message board" is not the place for you...

TIGER101

Quote from: baller4 on July 21, 2016, 01:26:59 pm
If you look at Sainsbury from Pea Ridge. His numbers are better then Connor Noland from Greenwood last year. And both QBs rotated last year. And Noland just signed with HOGS and had other D1 offers. Just saying Pea Ridge should not be over looked just because of coaching change.

I'm going to pretend like I didn't just read this!!

PGtigers21

I mean Idk if I would go that far.. But Tigerdad I wouldn't doubt PR QB.. And I am excited for PR to come to us this year! That game might need to be put on ESPN ;) :D

dukes424

ESPN lol awesome . Well all the hoorah talk and BS is fun but if ESPN shows up I have to come up with something as a fan to get a moment of glory. I've followed the 4a as much as anyone since 2010 and barring injuries and crazy things that happen this conference should have two remaining in the top four in state again this year which would be awesome. Of course Nashville is a huge favorite over everyone but let's get it started and see what happens my friends. I'm thinkin my Hawks will be at War Memorial so mark that down and kick me if ya want peeps.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas