• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite to WIN it all, Way too Early 4a 2016

Started by Pokey03, December 12, 2015, 09:44:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokey03

STUNNA

Pokey03

I would have to say Nashville is the front runner, with all the success the junior high has had, but there are some serious contenders.....Warren,Pea Ridge,Pocahontas,Arkadelphia this is just my opinion nobody get to frantic

prHOG13

hawgfan15

I am going to enjoy this one for at least the weekend before I dig into next season but Nashville will certainly be in the hunt.

Pokey03

STUNNA

Sports Guru

AirWarren

beach bum

The same general teams will be towards the top next year except for maybe PG.... they will be a very good team but nothing like this years run. I see 4A being stronger than this year cause the top teams have plenty coming back.

LJ06

Warren and Nashville will likely be the one two punch next year in whatever order.  Likely to be followed by Pea Ridge and CAC.

Pokey03

Top 5

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. CAC
4. Pea Ridge
5. Pocahontas

polksalet

1a. Warren
1b. Nashville

no one else is close. truth

hawgfan15

What does CAC have coming back that has them being mentioned in the top tier? I know the QB Evans and WR Johnson are back but they lose their stud RB/LB Harris and the best lineman.

Pokey03

Quote from: polksalet on December 13, 2015, 01:32:33 am
1a. Warren
1b. Nashville

same was said about Dardanelle this year, anything can happen.

polksalet

Quote from: Pokey03 on December 13, 2015, 01:42:14 am
1a. Warren
1b. Nashville

no one south of the Arkansas river said that.

fourpeat

Quote from: Pokey03 on December 13, 2015, 01:06:10 am
Top 5

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. CAC
4. Pea Ridge
5. Pocahontas
No disrespect intended Pokey03, but until NE Arkansas football starts beating teams from other conferences in the playoffs, I just can't put them in my top 10.  Sorry:(  Champions from that conference tend to go undefeated and blow out their conference foes most years then get beat 1st round by 4 and 5 seeds.  When you start getting teams consistently deep into the playoffs, I'll be on board with you.

Bigbossman

I see pea ridge listed in a few list.......is there like a school near pr closing down thats bringing in just all sorts of ball players next year....... or are there a few that just don't know football?

Pokey03

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 13, 2015, 07:31:48 am
I see pea ridge listed in a few list.......is there like a school near pr closing down thats bringing in just all sorts of ball players next year....... or are there a few that just don't know football?
I assume your question is based off the PR/Nashville game. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they have talent returning. Playoff win over PR, who many had as top 3 team most of year, big win over CAC in a flood the list goes on and on.

Romeo

Looking forward to seeing Burks, Miller, Kinnard, Rad-Tad and others develop into potential college prospects. Warren will be a major contender in the next three years.

WPWells

I think Warren should be the favorite next year

hawgfan15

I am not always in favor of ranking the defending state champs as next seasons #1 but in this case the Scrappers return enough players that I am going to have to see someone beat them before I drop them below #1.

A few teams shy away from the top when they are not sure what to expect but not Nashville. We welcome the target on our back. I can guarantee you our main goal heading into next season will not change.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Pokey03 on December 13, 2015, 08:34:33 am
I assume your question is based off the PR/Nashville game. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they have talent returning. Playoff win over PR, who many had as top 3 team most of year, big win over CAC in a flood the list goes on and on.
ok...... everyone has to have something to believe in, good luck to pea ridge in 2016.

STUNNA

Nashville loses quite a bit. I realize they reload but there are some big holes to fill on both sides of the ball for them.

hawgfan15

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2015, 12:00:47 pm
Nashville loses quite a bit. I realize they reload but there are some big holes to fill on both sides of the ball for them.

Not as much as you would like to think. But maybe you are just exaggerating like you did when you said Warren was returning 18 starters.

Nashville returns:

Offense                    Defense

RB- Hopkins             NT- Holmes
RB- Harris               LB- Gordon
WR- Pettway           LB- Bevill
WR- Kight               DE/LB- Green
WR- White              FS- Hopkins
OL- Adcock             SS- White
OL- Rhodes             
OL- Bean

STUNNA

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 13, 2015, 01:42:34 pm

Not as much as you would like to think. But maybe you are just exaggerating like you did when you said Warren was returning 18 starters.

Nashville returns:

OL- Rhodes             
OL- Bean

Losing snell, Stewart, Grundy, and Hughes is a lot more than you would like to think. Warren loses 5 preseason starters in which 2 were hurt for most of the season

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2015, 02:05:34 pm

Nashville returns:

OL- Rhodes             
OL- Bean

Losing snell, Stewart, Grundy, and Hughes is a lot more than you would like to think. Warren loses 5 preseason starters in which 2 were hurt for most of the season
Warren's biggest loss is McCoy. Most of the positions can be filled with some pretty good talent. Losing Snell takes away 60-70% of the Snappers offense which he had this year and last. Not saying he can't be replaced, but it's not an easy task to replace that type of offensive production

hawgfan15

Nashville returns:

OL- Rhodes             
OL- Bean

Im not down playing the loss of this senior class for next year. I know how special this group was. However we return a lot of starters with a few talented kids on the sideline who are waiting on their turn and we will be moving up an undefeated 9th grade team. We aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

hawgfan15

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2015, 02:49:23 pm

Nashville returns:

OL- Rhodes             
OL- Bean

Warren's biggest loss is McCoy. Most of the positions can be filled with some pretty good talent. Losing Snell takes away 60-70% of the Snappers offense which he had this year and last. Not saying he can't be replaced, but it's not an easy task to replace that type of offensive production

McCoy, Harding, Hargis, and Moore were 4 of Warren's top 5 defenders. That will be tough to replace. Seniors Herron and Gilmore were both starters as well. We know Warren will score points next year but that defense will be a big question mark.

Same goes for Nashville at the QB position and can we have a few guys step up for us on defense and be play makers.

The one thing I think we can agree with is that its Nashville and Warren then everyone else. At this time the gap seems pretty big.

prHOG13

They made it to the semifinals with literally 3 senior starters, and return every skill player. Most of the impact guys were sophomores. They'll be a contender in December.

It's apparent you don't know football.

hawgfan15

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 13, 2015, 04:06:50 pm
They made it to the semifinals with literally 3 senior starters, and return every skill player. Most of the impact guys were sophomores. They'll be a contender in December.

DE- Tackett
DT- Foltz
LB- Beavers
CB- Hargiss
CB- Burton
LT- Ferguson
OC- Carrigan

You have a funny way of counting.

bigchief72455

Quote from: fourpeat on December 13, 2015, 07:30:48 am
Top 5

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. CAC
4. Pea Ridge
5. Pocahontas
No disrespect intended Pokey03, but until NE Arkansas football starts beating teams from other conferences in the playoffs, I just can't put them in my top 10.  Sorry:(  Champions from that conference tend to go undefeated and blow out their conference foes most years then get beat 1st round by 4 and 5 seeds.  When you start getting teams consistently deep into the playoffs, I'll be on board with you.
I believe Pocahontas will be ok as long as things go ok off the field. That second round and the set backs hurt or they might have had a decent run this year. No doubt though. NEA teams are going to have to become more consistent.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 13, 2015, 02:58:14 pm
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2015, 02:49:23 pm

Nashville returns:

OL- Rhodes             
OL- Bean

McCoy, Harding, Hargis, and Moore were 4 of Warren's top 5 defenders. That will be tough to replace. Seniors Herron and Gilmore were both starters as well. We know Warren will score points next year but that defense will be a big question mark.

Same goes for Nashville at the QB position and can we have a few guys step up for us on defense and be play makers.

The one thing I think we can agree with is that its Nashville and Warren then everyone else. At this time the gap seems pretty big.
Forgot about Moore, but our defense should be much improved from this last year. Hargis only played 4 and a half games for us. Would have loved to have seen him and Snell go at it for 4 quarters. We missed Herron after he went down this year. All other Seniors are fairly easily replaced honestly. I hope it is Nashville and Warren next year. Think Warren finally has the edge even with the Jr. Scrappers going undefeated, so did we.

Bigbossman

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 13, 2015, 04:06:50 pm

wait, I was unaware pea ridge had any impact players, carry on.

polksalet

Nashville returns the best rb and lineman in the state. That's a lot to work with.

STUNNA

Warren returns the best offense in the state next year... Everyone is a year older... And no more freshman on the field!!!

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: polksalet on December 13, 2015, 08:24:39 pm
Nashville returns the best rb and lineman in the state. That's a lot to work with.

Hopkins is great, but I don't know if he's head and shoulders above Daniels.  If anything, I'd have them 1a and 1b.  Dennis Daniels would be a starter on any team in the state from 2A to 7A--as I'm sure Hopkins would too.

Just wanted to point that out. 

~WPS~

Nothing against the kid but if Daniels couldn't run for more than 30 yards against Nashville, what would he do against 7A and 6A teams?

Pokey03

Top 5

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. CAC
4. Pea Ridge
5. Pocahontas
It's no disrespect at all, you just stated the truth I agree totally. What hurts teams like Pokey,Highland, and Gosnell is mostly overall team speed these teams have tradition they are consistently battling for the conference, and you can't really coach speed, with others like Brookland, and Cave City I thinks it's just a lack of tradition of being football schools they will get there it just takes time I look for Brookland to be jumping to 5a in near future with the way Jonesboro is growing. Trumann, Harrisburg, and Westside lack depth. Here is an interesting knock against Pokey "and it bothers me to display this". Pocahontas has had 5....10-0 regular seasons in their history, numerous 9-1, and 8-2 regular seasons, but we have NEVER won 11 games in a season, so yeah I get what your saying, we are a far cry from the Warren's, Nashville's, and Shiloh Christian's of the world, but you better believe come football season I'm gonna have that same hope like I always do that this could be the year, and if it's not life goes on it's only football.

#RedskinNation2016

GHS_08

Quote from: Pokey03 on December 14, 2015, 12:46:22 am
Top 5

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. CAC
4. Pea Ridge
5. Pocahontas
It's no disrespect at all, you just stated the truth I agree totally. What hurts teams like Pokey,Highland, and Gosnell is mostly overall team speed these teams have tradition they are consistently battling for the conference, and you can't really coach speed, with others like Brookland, and Cave City I thinks it's just a lack of tradition of being football schools they will get there it just takes time I look for Brookland to be jumping to 5a in near future with the way Jonesboro is growing. Trumann, Harrisburg, and Westside lack depth. Here is an interesting knock against Pokey "and it bothers me to display this". Pocahontas has had 5....10-0 regular seasons in their history, numerous 9-1, and 8-2 regular seasons, but we have NEVER won 11 games in a season, so yeah I get what your saying, we are a far cry from the Warren's, Nashville's, and Shiloh Christian's of the world, but you better believe come football season I'm gonna have that same hope like I always do that this could be the year, and if it's not life goes on it's only football.

#RedskinNation2016

Pocahontas will be salty for sure. Should run through the regular season 10-0 again.

Marblehog

Nashville will be down quite a bit but it seems like 4a is down for the most part

Lionheart88

Quote from: polksalet on December 13, 2015, 01:57:41 am
Quote from: Pokey03 on December 13, 2015, 01:42:14 am
1a. Warren
1b. Nashville

no one south of the Arkansas river said that.
Isn't Dardanelle south of the Arkansas River?

STUNNA

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 13, 2015, 11:29:10 pm
Nothing against the kid but if Daniels couldn't run for more than 30 yards against Nashville, what would he do against 7A and 6A teams?

once again you have to take line play into consideration.

Gray lizard

The 4-4A will be lucky to have a team make the playoffs next year.

Marblehog

The loss of Snell and the studs on defense is huge.  Nashville will still probably be the favorite but they don't have athletes like these seniors except for Hopkins

pghogfan

PG should be top 10 next year. They lose a lot, but have a lot coming back.

Pea Ridge will be up there as well. They are likely the preseason 1-4A favorite.

Shiloh will be solid as well as they have a lot returning. If they could figure out their defense, they should easily be in the top 15, maybe better.

The top 3 of the 1-4A should be very solid next year, especially in comparison to the past couple of years.

bigchief72455

Pocahontas only graduated a handful off this years team. The majority of them will be back for next year.

Dragline

Quote from: Dragline on October 26, 2015, 02:18:41 pm
Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 24, 2015, 11:32:41 pm
Pokey will have no problem with highland.shouldgo undefeated in regular season.

a 10-1 season and a conference championship is something to be proud of.  Good luck Poky!
Just a reminder

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 13, 2015, 06:50:29 pm
Top 5

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. CAC
4. Pea Ridge
5. Pocahontas
I believe Pocahontas will be ok as long as things go ok off the field. That second round and the set backs hurt or they might have had a decent run this year. No doubt though. NEA teams are going to have to become more consistent.

That's the real problem, they are very consistent.

Marblehog

Seeing a lot of pea ridge talk.  Give me a break

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas