• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, August 08, 2015, 05:27:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 26, 2015, 06:03:30 am
How did the bauxite scrimmage go last night?  We looked good, should be a good match up this year.

Harmony Grove won 20-19. Bauxite was trying to kick a field goal with seconds left but fumbled the snap but overall thought Bauxite look alright and seemed like a scrappy bunch.

minerjack

He could have stayed and still been successful.  But, it would have been a lot harder on him in his later years vs. him in his younger.

quicksand

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 08, 2015, 05:27:11 pm
they only have 22 players.
A friend of mine went to the game last night and counted 21 players dressed out

AirWarren

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on September 05, 2015, 12:32:22 pm
Wow. 21 players?
That is bordering on dangerous for a 4A team to try play a schedule with those numbers. They definitely should not try to play any sort of smash mouth style.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on September 05, 2015, 01:39:50 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 05, 2015, 12:32:22 pm
Wow. 21 players?
That is bordering on dangerous for a 4A team to try play a schedule with those numbers. They definitely should not try to play any sort of smash mouth style.

I counted 22-23, but I could be off as I was sitting on the visiting side. Surprisingly they do have decent size on their starting 11. The QB is their best offensive player, he's a good little runner with some speed, but if he gets hurt obviously they have no depth. They played very hard and didn't give up, hats off the coaching staff for that.

LIKE IT IS

Earth to cuckoobird : Bauxite doesnt play Mt. Ida (losses in 01, and 02) , Centerpoint, Mt. Pine, Cutter-Morning something, Sparkman (they still have a team?), Caddo Hills, etc....

cuckoobird

Quote from: LIKE IT IS on September 16, 2015, 10:07:23 pm
Earth to cuckoobird : Bauxite doesnt play Mt. Ida (losses in 01, and 02) , Centerpoint, Mt. Pine, Cutter-Morning something, Sparkman (they still have a team?), Caddo Hills, etc....
So, you're saying Watson couldn't win now? Please...

LIKE IT IS

Pretty much. Jon is a smart man - if he thought he could win in that conference, he would still be there. He got out at the right time.

cuckoobird

Everyone retires at some point

LIKE IT IS

He didn't retire. He is still employed at Bauxite - as ""middle school "dean of students"".

cuckoobird

Yeah, I know I talk to him about once a week. But he did retire his football coach

Lumberjackfan1978

Watson could still win

cuckoobird

quicksand

Now I can see why over half the team quit.  The new play book only has about 3 or 4 plays in it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: quicksand on September 21, 2015, 08:54:43 am
Now I can see why over half the team quit.  The new play book only has about 3 or 4 plays in it.

Do you need more?

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

they couldn't remember them?

AlumniLights

Watson's 06 Miners were probably the best team I have ever played against. So proficient offensively and defensively and dangerously disciplined running the Split-back veer. Watson could assemble the troops.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

He did pretty good with them at des arc

purpleswag

They ran the option when I was in school. Is he still running that? Worked real well when he ran it at Des Arc. Took them to a state title game on a few plays

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I would be willing to bet the "little johnnys" of bauxite were not willing to put in the work required to be a part of his team. The man can coach and seemed to know what he was doing.

Loyalfan1

how many players for BHS this season?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on September 22, 2015, 09:10:24 am
how many players for BHS this season?

Week 1 I counted about 23-24.

quicksand

Quote from: Oldman on September 21, 2015, 03:09:01 pm
Nope.  Pretty simple.  Run left, run right, run up the middle and tackle for loss.  Maybe they can beat Waldron with those plays.

purpleswag

Quote from: quicksand on September 22, 2015, 12:26:48 pm
Nope.  Pretty simple.  Run left, run right, run up the middle and tackle for loss.  Maybe they can beat Waldron with those plays.

If you give the guy a chance he will get it going. IDK how many plays the other coaches ran but looking at your records the last couple of years If it was a lot of plays they didn't work very well

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: purpleswag on September 22, 2015, 06:39:14 pm
Quote from: quicksand on September 22, 2015, 12:26:48 pm

If you give the guy a chance he will get it going. IDK how many plays the other coaches ran but looking at your records the last couple of years If it was a lot of plays they didn't work very well

^^^ I agree 100%

AirWarren

Gotta get that winning attitude back in the program. Sometimes that takes rough patches like bauxite is having right now.

Mr. Mercer

The JR High group at Bauxite seems to be doing just fine with those few plays in their playbook..  Maybe it's a personnel or talent issue for the High School group. Just a guess.  Don't really understand the idea of parents allowing their kids to quit or transfer because the head coach they wanted hired didn't get the job.  Prescott had success at Des Arc.  Why not give the guy a chance?  The new scheme seems to fit the type of kids they have. 

minerjack

I've heard the issue is the kids buying into the scheme and not wanting to work hard.  That is what Bauxite has always been about.  All those games Watson coached werent won off a lot of talent.  They were won off of hard work and a scheme Watson used for many years.  Very similar to the scheme Prescott has implemented now.

hogdiggity

biggest issue with Bauxite is they should still be in the 3A.  I would be they get a lot of transfers in and out from the surrounding large school districts and that keeps there numbers up, many of those probably aren't athletes.    Heck I think the Bauxite city limit sign says something like 408 for population. 

Dr. Defense

Coach Prescott is a good coach and Bauxite is lucky to have him....give him some time and he will turn it around. I imagine the kids who quit did not want to put in the work that it requires to be good....in which case they were not going to be successful no matter what offense they run

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Prescott didn't win with talent at des arc, they won with hard work and effort and 3 or 4 plays ran out of a couple different sets.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogdiggity on September 23, 2015, 01:01:58 pm
biggest issue with Bauxite is they should still be in the 3A.  I would be they get a lot of transfers in and out from the surrounding large school districts and that keeps there numbers up, many of those probably aren't athletes.    Heck I think the Bauxite city limit sign says something like 408 for population. 

May be less!

minerjack

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2015, 04:42:14 pm

May be less!
Yeah. From those cowards that packed up and went five miles to Benton!  They heard Neathery wouldn't work them tough and would baby them, so they went-a-runnin'!

AirWarren

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 23, 2015, 08:58:50 pm

May be less!
Yeah. From those cowards that packed up and went five miles to Benton!  They heard Neathery wouldn't work them tough and would baby them, so they went-a-runnin'!

Man, you know the saline county people want to play at "The Palace on the Parkway".......

::)

Bauxite is the only school in saline county with a solid football history.

Jacketman65

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 23, 2015, 04:38:37 pm
Prescott didn't win with talent at des arc, they won with hard work and effort and 3 or 4 plays ran out of a couple different sets.
I agree! Have watched some of his teams at Des Arc, give him time and he will have Bauxite up and running.  The kids leaving for Benton will be coming back when they realize that they aren't quite good enough to play in that league. IMO

AirWarren

Quote from: Jacketman65 on September 23, 2015, 09:36:20 pm
I agree! Have watched some of his teams at Des Arc, give him time and he will have Bauxite up and running.  The kids leaving for Benton will be coming back when they realize that they aren't quite good enough to play in that league. IMO

No, they will come back when they realize that Benton Football was a one hit one year wonder and come back to bauxite to play.

Jacketman65

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2015, 09:38:50 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on September 23, 2015, 09:36:20 pm

No, they will come back when they realize that Benton Football was a one hit one year wonder and come back to bauxite to play.

They won't like what they have to do to get back in good graces.

Lions84

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2015, 09:24:38 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 23, 2015, 08:58:50 pm

May be less!

Man, you know the saline county people want to play at "The Palace on the Parkway".......

::)

Bauxite is the only school in saline county with a solid football history.

That is the Truth, I saw a few of those Barton and Bauxite games and if you closed your eyes it sounded like a Demolition Derby.

BM22

After reading all of this, I have to say that some of you have no idea what you're are talking about when it comes to Bauxite and who's playing/not playing. Ignorance, much?

minerjack

Quote from: BM22 on September 24, 2015, 10:13:01 pm
After reading all of this, I have to say that some of you have no idea what you're are talking about when it comes to Bauxite and who's playing/not playing. Ignorance, much?
And you do?

PrivateLesson

since you the man with the plan....lay it on us.

One post and all the answers......hmmm Ignorance seems possible and Welcome To Fearless! 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

When a team goes from 40+ players to just barely over 20 because of a coaching change. There are issues with the players and parents

AirWarren

Miner jack is an alumni and has a lot of roots in bauxite.

My wife is a former miner(3rd generation Miner) and big volunteer with the Bauxite Lady's league. She has been keynote speaker at the lady's luncheon several times and I have volunteered at the event several times with my father in law. Between my wife, her family, and minerjack, bauxite and their program is deeply entrenched in my home.

I assure you minerjack has tons of knowledge of the program. And I hear a fair share myself. Mostly from him.

-Mark-

I guess this a little bit of a shameless plug, but I see that there are a lot of Bauxite fans following this thread.

I wrote a story on Bauxite's quarterback this week--Great kid who's experienced a lot in just the past few years.

http://www.501lifemag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5488&Itemid=29

AirWarren

That's a great article. Thanks for that.

Go miners!

FBfan79

AlumniLights

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas