• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, August 08, 2015, 05:27:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on September 25, 2015, 12:03:17 pm
Quote from: BM22 on September 24, 2015, 10:13:01 pm
After reading all of this, I have to say that some of you have no idea what you're are talking about when it comes to Bauxite and who's playing/not playing. Ignorance, much?

Miner jack is an alumni and has a lot of roots in bauxite.

My wife is a former miner(3rd generation Miner) and big volunteer with the Bauxite Lady's league. She has been keynote speaker at the lady's luncheon several times and I have volunteered at the event several times with my father in law. Between my wife, her family, and minerjack, bauxite and their program is deeply entrenched in my home.

I assure you minerjack has tons of knowledge of the program. And I hear a fair share myself. Mostly from him.

If they (players and parents) don't think Prescott can coach, they are not very knowledgeable of the game of football. I promise he did alot with not much at des arc, but our kids believed and didn't run away.

minerjack

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 25, 2015, 04:02:43 pm
After reading all of this, I have to say that some of you have no idea what you're are talking about when it comes to Bauxite and who's playing/not playing. Ignorance, much?

My wife is a former miner(3rd generation Miner) and big volunteer with the Bauxite Lady's league. She has been keynote speaker at the lady's luncheon several times and I have volunteered at the event several times with my father in law. Between my wife, her family, and minerjack, bauxite and their program is deeply entrenched in my home.

I assure you minerjack has tons of knowledge of the program. And I hear a fair share myself. Mostly from him.

If they (players and parents) don't think Prescott can coach, they are not very knowledgeable of the game of football. I promise he did alot with not much at des arc, but our kids believed and didn't run away.
Running away has never been the Miner way. Even of the student body. But it seems it has become that with all the transplants of Benton and Bryant.

AirWarren

I feel that Dustin will get it done at bauxite.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 25, 2015, 04:09:32 pm

Running away has never been the Miner way. Even of the student body. But it seems it has become that with all the transplants of Benton and Bryant.

That's why I started this thread, to find out why they abandoned Prescott

AirWarren

Bauxite is full of Benton/Bryant carpetbaggers. That's why. The kids that are on the team still, I promise you are lifetime miners. The ones that left, carpetbaggers.

Eagle20

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 10, 2015, 02:35:44 pm
Bring back Jon and they will win again
Watson knew when to get out and that was before they went 4A.  He couldn't help Bauxite right now

cuckoobird

Quote from: Eagle20 on September 28, 2015, 02:14:12 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 10, 2015, 02:35:44 pm
Bring back Jon and they will win again
Watson knew when to get out and that was before they went 4A.  He couldn't help Bauxite right now
he could win anywhere

Lumberjackfan1978

Watson would win now if he was still there

Beaver Fever

No here wouldn't.  They don't have a player out there that you say, man I wish we had that kid.  He got out for a reason.  If they would have stayed in aaa he would have stayed.  They don't have the talent to compete in aaaa.   It will be a couple years til they compete in that conference.  I'm afraid Waldron might break their losing streak when they play.

Lumberjackfan1978

Might do it but Watson could take it over he would get bauxite going again not overnight, he would first have to correct the damage , but he would get them back on track again

cuckoobird

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 28, 2015, 08:32:10 am
Might do it but Watson could take it over he would get bauxite going again not overnight, he would first have to correct the damage , but he would get them back on track again
+1 and I never stated he would win titles with these kids, but he would have a system in place that works

BM22

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 28, 2015, 07:46:23 am
No here wouldn't.  They don't have a player out there that you say, man I wish we had that kid.  He got out for a reason.  If they would have stayed in aaa he would have stayed.  They don't have the talent to compete in aaaa.   It will be a couple years til they compete in that conference.  I'm afraid Waldron might break their losing streak when they play.
If Coach Watson would not have retired as the HC, Bauxite would not be in the shape they are currently in, period. First of all, he had a tremendous off season program. You could tell his players put the work in the weight room and had great conditioning. Secondly, they were always very disiplined and gave him 110 %. He got the absolute most out of his players. Would they be winning conference champioships in 7-4A? NO, but they would compete for a playoff birth ever now and then.
Back in the 04-05 cycle, the were in 6aaa with PA, CAC, LR Christian, Lonoke and Dumas. Cant remember the other 2 schools. Well they finished 3rd one year (7 wins)and 4th the other (6 wins). He could compete in the 7-4A.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Coach Prescott has a system that works, bauxite must not have any kids willing to put in the work required to be a part of that system. He was trained by one of the best coaches ti ever stand on the sidelines.

BM22

Quote from: AirWarren on September 25, 2015, 04:58:29 pm
Bauxite is full of Benton/Bryant carpetbaggers. That's why. The kids that are on the team still, I promise you are lifetime miners. The ones that left, carpetbaggers.
Nope, wrong. The vast majority of the  17 sr's have played since they were mini miners. I can only think of one that played at benton in jr high and his soph year, came to bauxite his jr year and went back to benton this year. The ones that didnt continue to play also played for mini miners. Of course, some may have transferred to other schools like sheridan, bryant or benton. There are only 5 sophomores and jrs. There are some good athletes walking the hallways. Pretty sure they would be playing if Watson was still coaching.

SUGARTOWN

Was Bauxite good before Watson?

BM22

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2015, 09:04:50 am
Coach Prescott has a system that works, bauxite must not have any kids willing to put in the work required to be a part of that system. He was trained by one of the best coaches ti ever stand on the sidelines.
It will take time, 3 or 4 years. He has to get those HS numbers up and implement a really good off season program, similar to Watson's. To have a successful season, you have to start in december, not July or August.

BM22

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 25, 2015, 04:52:12 pm

I dont think anyone abandoned Prescott. The damage was done before he got there. The Miners had only 9 wins in the 5 seasons between Watson and Prescott. Jon won 9 games his last year and amassed a record of 177-43 in 20 seasons at Bauxite. It is just going to take time to right the ship.

minerjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 28, 2015, 09:34:10 am
Yes.  Bauxite has always been good.  But, the kicker is that they only won one playoff game until Watson got there. 

minerjack

September 28, 2015, 10:03:44 am #118 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:06:10 am by minerjack2212
Quote from: BM22 on September 28, 2015, 09:47:50 am

I dont think anyone abandoned Prescott. The damage was done before he got there. The Miners had only 9 wins in the 5 seasons between Watson and Prescott. Jon won 9 games his last year and amassed a record of 177-43 in 20 seasons at Bauxite. It is just going to take time to right the ship.
I think he is trying to say why there were 40-50 kids on the sideline the past five years versus the 20 they have now?

BM22

They do have tough kids that are willing to work hard. The players cant take the brunt of the blame for the downward spiral of the program the last 5 years.  The kids are going to be a reflection of the HC and his staff. I am sure Prescott can get them headed in the right direction.

minerjack

Quote from: BM22 on September 28, 2015, 10:03:57 am
They do have tough kids that are willing to work hard. The players cant take the brunt of the blame for the downward spiral of the program the last 5 years.  The kids are going to be a reflection of the HC and his staff. I am sure Prescott can get them headed in the right direction.
Oh, I know he will get them headed in that direction.  You can't tell me though, that Bauxite jumped from 2A to 4A overnight without taking in kids from Benton and Bryant.  I'm from Saline Co. and I know how Benton and Bryant people are.  And even some from a few LR school districts.  They have a different mentality than Bauxite folk. 

quicksand

Yep.  Alvin Jones coached before Watson from 1984-89.  Bauxite won district 86, 87, 88 and 89.  FL and Bauxite battled for the district championship in 1986 and 1987.  FL moved up the AA after that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 10:03:44 am

I think he is trying to say why there were 40-50 kids on the sideline the past five years versus the 20 they have now?

That's exactly what I was asking

BM22

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 10:10:15 am
Oh, I know he will get them headed in that direction.  You can't tell me though, that Bauxite jumped from 2A to 4A overnight without taking in kids from Benton and Bryant.  I'm from Saline Co. and I know how Benton and Bryant people are.  And even some from a few LR school districts.  They have a different mentality than Bauxite folk.
True, they have gone from 2A to 4A in about a 12 year span. Of course Saline County is one of the fastest growing counties in the state. Lol. Man dont get so upset about the Bauxite school district growing like it is. Some of the Miners best athletes the last 15 years have been LR, Sheridan, Benton transfers. Last I checked, bauxite is a public school, so anyone is free to move in and entitled to receive an education. Different mentality? Lol. Chill, man. My wife went to Sheridan, but her great grandfather lived in Bauxite and worked for the Aluminum Ore Co. during WWII.

cuckoobird

Quote from: quicksand on September 28, 2015, 10:17:45 am
Yep.  Alvin Jones coached before Watson from 1984-89.  Bauxite won district 86, 87, 88 and 89.  FL and Bauxite battled for the district championship in 1986 and 1987.  FL moved up the AA after that.
Guess who beat Jones in the 88 quarter finals in his last year at Gillett? ok, I'll just tell you, Watson

minerjack

Quote from: BM22 on September 28, 2015, 10:35:59 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 10:10:15 am
True, they have gone from 2A to 4A in about a 12 year span. Of course Saline County is one of the fastest growing counties in the state. Lol. Man dont get so upset about the Bauxite school district growing like it is. Some of the Miners best athletes the last 15 years have been LR, Sheridan, Benton transfers. Last I checked, bauxite is a public school, so anyone is free to move in and entitled to receive an education. Different mentality? Lol. Chill, man. My wife went to Sheridan, but her great grandfather lived in Bauxite and worked for the Aluminum Ore Co. during WWII.
I am chill.  Bauxite grew from 2A to 4A in a seven year span.  2003 was their last season in 2A.  04 they moved to 3A and in 10 they moved to 4A.  I'm not upset?  I haven't indicated that I am upset about anything but the depletion of the Bauxite program.  So... how do you say it?  Chill...

minerjack

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 28, 2015, 10:38:26 am
Quote from: quicksand on September 28, 2015, 10:17:45 am
Guess who beat Jones in the 88 quarter finals in his last year at Gillett? ok, I'll just tell you, Watson
87 if i'm not mistaken.  Watson was at Hampton in 88 and 89.  Got to Bauxite in 90.

minerjack

minerjack

So, you're telling me that Sheridan doesn't have a different mentality?  Please tell me more about Sheridan's glory years of winning tradition in football due to mentality and commitment.

BM22

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2015, 10:28:50 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 10:03:44 am

That's exactly what I was asking
Numbers have been decreasing as the losing seasons have been increasing. I am sure the numbers will start going up as Prescott brings some stability and enthusiasm back to the program. When Nashville came to Bauxite 3 years ago, they beat the Miners 58-14. Bauxite had about 50+ players on the team that year. The score at halftime was 51-0. The Scrappers emptied their entire bench and backups played the entire 2nd half while Bauxite kept their starters in the whole game. Out of 50+ players, i remember them playing about 21-22 players. Sure they outscored Nashville in the 2nd half 14-7. Woohooo! Heck, nashville fans even had a "Rudy" moment with one of their players. Bottom  line is, not only should the coaches have played more kids to develop depth, but also give them a reward for hard work during practices. Heck, the game was over halfway through the 1st quarter. Nashville could have scored 100 that night but chose to develop their depth. This was a recurring theme the last 5 years. That may be a contributing factor for the low numbers.

BM22

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 11:01:20 am
So, you're telling me that Sheridan doesn't have a different mentality?  Please tell me more about Sheridan's glory years of winning tradition in football due to mentality and commitment.
Lol... Dont know if Sheridan ever experienced any "glory years" in football. Dont believe that i said that. Sounds like you are ticked because Bauxite is not playing in 2A anymore. Bro, the 2A glory days for Bauxite are OVER!

minerjack

Quote from: BM22 on September 28, 2015, 11:21:10 am
Lol... Dont know if Sheridan ever experienced any "glory years" in football. Dont believe that i said that. Sounds like you are ticked because Bauxite is not playing in 2A anymore. Bro, the 2A glory days for Bauxite are OVER!
But you did say that Bauxite's move ins came from places like Sheridan.  And then gave the example that your wife went to Sheridan? So...  Nah.  I like seeing Bauxite grow.  But hate seeing the football program go in a bad direction.  Your kid must be one of those move ins from another Saline Co. school that quit the team because it was too hard.  You're the one picking around trying to say I'm the one hacked off.  When you're on here trying to put it off on someone else?

minerjack

Never once have I said that I want the 2A glory days back???

AirWarren

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 11:29:06 am
Never once have I said that I want the 2A glory days back???

"Bro"

cuckoobird

you are correct. I was a freshman playing special teams.

BM22

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 23, 2015, 08:58:50 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2015, 04:42:14 pm
Quote from: hogdiggity on September 23, 2015, 01:01:58 pm
biggest issue with Bauxite is they should still be in the 3A.  I would be they get a lot of transfers in and out from the surrounding large school districts and that keeps there numbers up, many of those probably aren't athletes.    Heck I think the Bauxite city limit sign says something like 408 for population. 

May be less!
Yeah. From those cowards that packed up and went five miles to Benton!  They heard Neathery wouldn't work them tough and would baby them, so they went-a-runnin'!
Lol.... Dont recall but 1 that went back to Benton after playing at Bauxite 1 year. Most of the players (or as you say cowards) you are referring to are walking the hallways. Thought you were in the loop and would know that. Lol

BM22

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2015, 09:24:38 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 23, 2015, 08:58:50 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2015, 04:42:14 pm
Quote from: hogdiggity on September 23, 2015, 01:01:58 pm
biggest issue with Bauxite is they should still be in the 3A.  I would be they get a lot of transfers in and out from the surrounding large school districts and that keeps there numbers up, many of those probably aren't athletes.    Heck I think the Bauxite city limit sign says something like 408 for population. 

May be less!
Yeah. From those cowards that packed up and went five miles to Benton!  They heard Neathery wouldn't work them tough and would baby them, so they went-a-runnin'!

Man, you know the saline county people want to play at "The Palace on the Parkway".......

::)

Bauxite is the only school in saline county with a solid football history.
Haha...  both Bauxite ('96) and Benton ('77) have a state title. Benton is on the upswing and well, Bauxite not so much. Dont kid yourself, Benton has some solid football history as well. Lol

AirWarren

September 28, 2015, 04:48:11 pm #137 Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:51:55 pm by AirWarren
One obliterating in a state title game in this century is not the an upswing.

BM22

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 11:28:25 am

But you did say that Bauxite's move ins came from places like Sheridan.  And then gave the example that your wife went to Sheridan? So...  Nah.  I like seeing Bauxite grow.  But hate seeing the football program go in a bad direction.  Your kid must be one of those move ins from another Saline Co. school that quit the team because it was too hard.  You're the one picking around trying to say I'm the one hacked off.  When you're on here trying to put it off on someone else?
Wrong again. Actually my son went to Bauxite from K thru 12th grade. Played football for 7 years. Since his playing days are over, he has become a devoted gym rat. Lol   No quit in that young man whatsoever. Calling it like I see it.

BM22

Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2015, 04:48:11 pm
Lets see.... Neathery has been HC at Benton five years.
Wins 3 games his 1st year, 4 his 2nd, 6 his 3rd and 11 last year. Is sitting at 3-1 this season. Now look at the definition of "upswing": a marked increase or improvement.
Yep, I would say that Benton football is on the upswing. Lol

minerjack

Quote from: BM22 on September 28, 2015, 04:56:52 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 28, 2015, 11:28:25 am

Wrong again. Actually my son went to Bauxite from K thru 12th grade. Played football for 7 years. Since his playing days are over, he has become a devoted gym rat. Lol   No quit in that young man whatsoever. Calling it like I see it.
Oh, so he played for Watson?

minerjack

Quote from: BM22 on September 28, 2015, 05:09:53 pm
Wins 3 games his 1st year, 4 his 2nd, 6 his 3rd and 11 last year. Is sitting at 3-1 this season. Now look at the definition of "upswing": a marked increase or improvement.
I can't tell if you're trying to bash Bauxite more or see how far you can put Benton's growth you know where further.

AirWarren

Ok man. 800k$ stadium. 20k$ program.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2015, 10:03:28 pm

Ok man. 800k$ stadium. 20k$ program.

Bashing programs again I see...smh.

LIKE IT IS

1) Coach Watson was a great coach at a 2A school having 2A-3A players - don't know how he would've done at a bigger school. (7-11-1 vs present 4A schools)
2) Coach Watson was rarely at school during off-season workouts the last 2-6 years of his coaching career.
3) Interim Coach Mike Guthrie turned the program around in a matter of 3 months - winning 4 games in 2014 - along with a brutal 2014-15 off-season football program.
4) Football players respected Coach Guthrie and assumed he would get the Head Coach title - as they were planning to incorporate new offense.
5) Bauxite hired Coach Prescott - who is a great coach.
6) Players started quitting (And parents started taking their sons elsewhere)  because they felt like Coach Guthrie should of been named HC. 
7) The School board consists of 3 football players that played for Coach Watson.
8) Many believe that Coach Prescott is probably "Cannon Fodder" for Jon. Jr. (brett)

quicksand

Looks like the one page playbook comes through again.  Another blowout.

minerjack

Quote from: LIKE IT IS on October 02, 2015, 09:34:34 pm

1) Coach Watson was a great coach at a 2A school having 2A-3A players - don't know how he would've done at a bigger school. (7-11-1 vs present 4A schools)
2) Coach Watson was rarely at school during off-season workouts the last 2-6 years of his coaching career.
3) Interim Coach Mike Guthrie turned the program around in a matter of 3 months - winning 4 games in 2014 - along with a brutal 2014-15 off-season football program.
4) Football players respected Coach Guthrie and assumed he would get the Head Coach title - as they were planning to incorporate new offense.
5) Bauxite hired Coach Prescott - who is a great coach.
6) Players started quitting (And parents started taking their sons elsewhere)  because they felt like Coach Guthrie should of been named HC. 
7) The School board consists of 3 football players that played for Coach Watson.
8) Many believe that Coach Prescott is probably "Cannon Fodder" for Jon. Jr. (brett)
So, what's all this mumbo jumbo suppose to mean?  Stirring the pot, basically?

purpleswag

Quote from: quicksand on October 02, 2015, 09:41:46 pm
Looks like the one page playbook comes through again.  Another blowout.

How many plays did Watson have? I have no idea who he is or what offense he ran but everyone seems to think he's a great coach and a winner.

How thick was his playbook

quicksand

Quote from: purpleswag on October 03, 2015, 08:01:52 am
How many plays did Watson have?
More than 3

what offense he ran
splitback veer

everyone seems to think he's a great coach and a winner.
177-55-1 in 20 seasons

minerjack

Watson's veer had no more than 10 plays. Considering that Prescott runs the veer, just from a different formation, he has about the same amount of plays. 

Watson was 7th all time and leading active coaches when he retired. He won 245 games total.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas