• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GCT opening

Started by Mancho Hogo, November 30, 2017, 08:28:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mancho Hogo

What kind of job is it?  Any talent coming up?  Front runners for the job?  I've always liked paragould but just can't understand why the football team never competes. 

walkingguy72396

GCT 9th grade team had a good season.  I've seen it mentioned that the QBs parent is on the faculty at Wynne creates speculation of a transfer.  Have no idea if that is accurate or not. .  QB looked as good as any 9th grade QB I've seen.

String 3 successive 9th grade seasons together they might make some noise in 2020.

Pat Swilling

WTD

This must be a recent development... didn't see this on footballscoop! Who was the head coach and what happened?

VVBlazer

December 01, 2017, 03:57:27 am #4 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:41:00 am by VVBlazer
EDIT=I tried to link his Hudl highlights but it did not work.

GCT FR QB Cooper Pieri. His stepdad, Lewis Earnest, coaches at Wynne. Cooper transferred to Wynne at the beginning of his 8th grade year, but he transferred back to Tech after a few weeks. Kid has got a heck of an arm and after watching his Hudl highlights, he makes good decisions and keeps his eyes downfield at all times. Should be interesting to watch him play SR ball, wherever he is playing.

Mancho Hogo

December 01, 2017, 07:57:48 am #5 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:01:42 am by Mancho Hogo
Quote from: VVBlazer on December 01, 2017, 03:57:27 am
EDIT=I tried to link his Hudl highlights but it did not work.

GCT FR QB Cooper Pieri. His stepdad, Lewis Earnest, coaches at Wynne. Cooper transferred to Wynne at the beginning of his 8th grade year, but he transferred back to Tech after a few weeks. Kid has got a heck of an arm and after watching his Hudl highlights, he makes good decisions and keeps his eyes downfield at all times. Should be interesting to watch him play SR ball, wherever he is playing.

Is there a way to watch the hudl video?  I'd like to see how good he is? Edit I found it. 

Kid is outstanding.  Getting that kid to stay would be a top priority.  Do they have other talent above the freshmen class?

wynnefootballfan

Any word if the opening news is real or speculation?

Mancho Hogo

Its open.  It was the Jonesboro news last night. 

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on December 01, 2017, 10:20:59 am
Its open.  It was the Jonesboro news last night.

Oh ok, thanks.. What spot was it for?

Mancho Hogo

Not sure what you mean what spot it was for?  I just saw a quick clip about him resigning and they will need a new head football coach. 

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on December 01, 2017, 10:46:31 am
Not sure what you mean what spot it was for?  I just saw a quick clip about him resigning and they will need a new head football coach.
[/quote

Yea thats what I was askin, Head or Asst. thanks,

Grond

In the Paragould paper as well. [Paragould Daily Press is the main paper in Greene County.]

Rick Swines

Gct is going to hire head jr high coach Matt Gay. Pretty good jr high record for gct standards.

OB11

Quote from: Rick Swines on January 16, 2018, 10:34:20 am
Gct is going to hire head jr high coach Matt Gay. Pretty good jr high record for gct standards.

He has done a good job with the Jr. high program.

whippersnapper

Congrats to Coach Gay! I knew him for a little time when I worked in Newport. Great family man, give him time and he can make the eagles competitive.

Eagle boss

Don't think anything is official yet!

gameoflife

Anybody know how many HC's they have had in the past 15-20 years?  Seems they are always looking and not winning very often.  I think 2008 or 09 is the only winning season in a long time.  Is it athletes?

hsindian

Saw where they hired Nathan Morgan . Don't know anything about him.

nudae58

Only hire that made sense. Fantastic record at Caruthersville Mo. before joining GCT. Check out his record. State playoff runs and a lot of 10 win seasons.

arkansasFBscoop

Simmons had a pretty impressive record out-of-state, too.  GCT just a tough place to win.

nudae58

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on January 18, 2018, 10:53:04 pm
Simmons had a pretty impressive record out-of-state, too.  GCT just a tough place to win.
I agree with you there...

GuvHog

I was a Junior in High School at GCT when we started the football program and my father was their first football Booster Club President. It took winning an epic battle with the basketball parents to get it started. They opposed the football program at every turn and I've heard that's still a big problem today. One of the biggest reason GCT hasn't been competitive in football is lack of speed. They have plenty of size but not a lot of speed.

bigchief72455

Quote from: GuvHog on May 25, 2018, 11:29:34 am
I was a Junior in High School at GCT when we started the football program and my father was their first football Booster Club President. It took winning an epic battle with the basketball parents to get it started. They opposed the football program at every turn and I've heard that's still a big problem today. One of the biggest reason GCT hasn't been competitive in football is lack of speed. They have plenty of size but not a lot of speed.
The problem facing GCT and Paragould are baffling. They both field competitive teams but can't seem to win against the teams in their conference. They also struggle greatly against teams 1 or 2 classifications below them.

gameoflife

What have they been running offensively/defensively?  No speed?  I know for a while at least they were a spread team.

purpleswag

Quote from: bigchief72455 on May 25, 2018, 01:14:39 pm
The problem facing GCT and Paragould are baffling. They both field competitive teams but can't seem to win against the teams in their conference. They also struggle greatly against teams 1 or 2 classifications below them.

Competitive?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas