• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 All State?

Started by softballdad#26, May 19, 2017, 07:32:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

softballdad#26

Where do I find this info?

WHITEchicken

It will be in the AAA website after the championship games.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 19, 2017, 07:39:35 am
It will be in the AAA website after the championship games.

I will be anxiously waiting for the parents to come complain about their DD not making the list and someone else they feel like should not have.. 

Joe Softball

Does anyone know definitively how this group is selected?

(Same question for all-district, all-region, all-state tournament)

It's never been made clear to me.

BLUEBLOOD

Coaches nominate and district coaches vote. Districts only get a certain amount of players so sometimes a loaded district might have some very good players left out. That is my understanding of the process.

Joe Softball

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on May 19, 2017, 08:43:15 am
Coaches nominate and district coaches vote. Districts only get a certain amount of players so sometimes a loaded district might have some very good players left out. That is my understanding of the process.

Thanks, Blueblood.

It would be nice if the process was clearly spelled out somewhere. Would make the process more transparent. Parents would probably still gripe, but at least they might be griping about the right thing!  ;D

WHITEchicken

If I'm not mistaken each 1a-3a conference gets 5 All State players.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 19, 2017, 09:31:39 am
If I'm not mistaken each 1a-3a conference gets 5 All State players.

I'm not aware of the number but it is set in stone and district coaches have to fill the slots. Not a job I envy.

Joe Softball

Thanks for the info, everybody.

I found this on the AAA site, buried under "Softball Conference Chair Information":

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Baseball.Softball/Softball_All-State_Nomination_Form_2017.pdf

softballdad#26

Any word on when this will be announced?

BLUEBLOOD

Coaches that I know are announcing at sports banquets.  The coaches know who got it.

BLUEBLOOD

Anyone know when softball all state tournament team will be released?  Baseball list is already posted on AAA website.

softballdad#26

doober3

Quote from: MR#1 on May 24, 2017, 03:55:14 pm
https://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Baseball.Softball/SB_AllState_2017.pdf

Thanks for posting.

What a 100% freaking joke it is though.  PG got 2 players on there and didn't even get out of their region.  Gravette gets one and was in the semi's at State.  Pottsville only has 2 and won it all.  I guess it's all about who you know...

softballdad#26

Quote from: doober3 on May 25, 2017, 11:22:19 am
Thanks for posting.

What a 100% freaking joke it is though.  PG got 2 players on there and didn't even get out of their region.  Gravette gets one and was in the semi's at State.  Pottsville only has 2 and won it all.  I guess it's all about who you know...

Maybe in your classification, looks pretty spot on for 7A.

ricepig

The vast majority of classes allocate spots on the team based on your finish in your conference. The head coach will put up the player/players for his spots, and everyone agrees.

Ozark Hog

Should not be a limit on how many player that can be  picked for the all state team!

ricepig

Quote from: Ozark Hog on May 25, 2017, 01:03:23 pm
Should not be a limit on how many player that can be  picked for the all state team!

Just give it to everyone, a participation trophy!

Chin Music

Then it is not really all state anymore.  There is a good argument that there are too many all state spots in all of AR high school sports.

sevenof400

Please explain your position.

Ozark Hog

What I was talking about is there should not be a limit on how many players can be picked from one team. If Bauxite had 3 players picked, the winner of the state tournament should have at least the same amount. ricepig maybe we can get you to hand those trophy's!!

Mj4465

The list was surprising.  Rosebud and Rison only had one player.  There are several on Rosebud that I thought would make it.  I agree with what you're saying.  How does a team that doesn't make it out of regionals have more players than those that won the whole thing. 

BLUEBLOOD

District coaches meet prior to regional tournament I believe to vote on postseason awards.

ricepig

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on May 26, 2017, 06:04:00 am
District coaches meet prior to regional tournament I believe to vote on postseason awards.

Correct, and those complaining would be wearing the other shoe had it happened the other way around. My suggestion is that they bring it up with their coaches, they are the ones who vote and can change it.

softballdad#26

Is there an All State "Tournament Team", or is it the same as All State?

CrazySacDad

There is an All State Tourney team. yes it is separate  from All State

softballdad#26

Where do we find that list?

CrazySacDad

Should be on AAA website now. Our Coach already announced it. That is who made it from our team

softballdad#26

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas