• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Post Week 4 Scores (All Classifications) Monday, March 30 to Saturday, April 4 here

Started by sevenof400, March 24, 2015, 09:35:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

...just getting ready for what should be a lot of games after spring break...

mijally

Go Postal

sevenof400

CoachKJ

Scots10

LighthouseSoccer

Go Postal

Quote from: Scots10 on March 31, 2015, 08:39:43 pm
girls
LRCA 3 - Greenbrier 0
Any update of the boy's game yet and any update on the Harrison @ Clarksville boys/girls games yet?

hogbert

Girls SHoccer

Jacksonville girls 0 @ Sylvan Hills 7
Jacksonville boys 1 @ Sylvan Hills 6

onewildrice

Arbitro

3/31 Conference

VG HS Lakeside 4, White Hall 0
VB HS Lakeside 6, White Hall 2

carteri

North pulaski boys beat J.A. Fair 6/3...they started off slow in first half scored tied 1/1 but then the offense got it together and scored 5 goals in first 15 min of second half... and the seniors stepped up on defense then we gave up easy goals in closing min....I think north pulaski has the most high powered offense in 5A central

BigChief

Quote from: Go Postal on March 31, 2015, 09:10:30 pm
Quote from: Scots10 on March 31, 2015, 08:39:43 pm
girls
LRCA 3 - Greenbrier 0
Any update of the boy's game yet and any update on the Harrison @ Clarksville boys/girls games yet?

Harrison 6 Clarksville 0 VG
Don't know outcome of boys game yet

CoachKJ

Go Postal

Quote from: hogbert on March 31, 2015, 09:16:30 pm
LRCA VB 1 - G'Brier 1. LRCA wins on SFTM
seven, I know that I'm older than you.  We have been trying to keep up with the younguns on ff.  But I have no idea on what SFTM means other than winning on PKs.  seven and other posters enlighten me on the definition SFTM means.  Thanks.

hst

3/31 Non Conference

Hot Springs @ Riverview

Riverview VG 2, Hot Springs VG 1

HS VB 5, Riverview 0--game called with ten minutes left due to lightning.

Go Postal

One thing that I have noticed on the 5A South conference thread is that DeQueen boys lost 1 game? To Hope? Typo?  hmm..

Arbitro

Quote from: Go Postal on March 31, 2015, 11:00:00 pm
seven, I know that I'm older than you.  We have been trying to keep up with the younguns on ff.  But I have no idea on what SFTM means other than winning on PKs.  seven and other posters enlighten me on the definition SFTM means.  Thanks.
I suppose that SFTM = Shots From The Mark
Similar to KFTM (Kicks From The Mark) or more properly KFTPM (Kicks From The Penalty Mark).

chaoslord

ninjafighter

Monday  March 30:

Valley View (VG) 2  - Searcy. 2
Valley View (VB) 0  - Searcy. 1

Tues March 31:

5A East Conference game

Valley View (VG) 10 - Paragould. 0
Valley View (VB) 5  -  Paragould. 0

Scots10

Quote from: Arbitro on March 31, 2015, 11:33:15 pm
Similar to KFTM (Kicks From The Mark) or more properly KFTPM (Kicks From The Penalty Mark).

or, like a normal person, shootout.

Go Postal

Quote from: Scots10 on March 31, 2015, 11:53:07 pm

Thanks guys.  I will probably post PKs in my posts since it is shorter. ;)  I still miss the OT games in conference play before "SFTM".  For instance, the LRCA/Greenbrier boys game tonight.

Go Postal

Side note:  One thing to posters that I do and don't understand on ff.  But...
1st:  Put a avatar for yourself, to make you stand out.  Though mine is custom made, ff does provide different avatars that you can pick from.
2nd:  Turn on your "show other poster's signatures".  Even though you might not have a signature, you can at least see other posters signatures.  Heck, I have Harrison's soccer boys/girls records on mine.

The Coach

Dardanelle at Green Forest 3/31

GF VG 1 Dardanelle VG 0

Dardanelle VB 2 GF VB 0

CoachLee70

Conference Play
Van Buren VG 0-5 Conway VG
Hats off to a very good Conway team.   A lot of team speed, excellent midfield play, and excellent off the ball movement.   They struck fast and had us shell shocked.   All we could do was slow down the bleeding.

Varsity boys game postponed due to lightning.

fourfourtwo

Conference play:

Girls
Russellville 1 @ Greenwood 0

Boys
Russellville 2 @ Greenwood 3

Wildcat2016

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on March 31, 2015, 11:11:27 pm
One thing that I have noticed on the 5A South conference thread is that DeQueen boys lost 1 game? To Hope? Typo?  hmm..

I was in the middle of updating scores last night when the storms came so I quickly shut down! 

All should be right now. 

Also, on the question of SFTM - Arbitro has it spot on.

And finally, all scores in this thread (to this point) have been posted.

Raiders5

Nettleton Boys 4- Wynne Boys 1 (Conference)

Nettleton Girls 1- Westside Girls 0 (non conference) The girls game was called off with 15 minutes left in the first half due to incoming storms.

sevenof400

Raider5 (or anyone who knows this for sure)....

Can you please confirm Wynne has no girls team again this year?  Obviously, from this result that seems the case but I thought Wynne declared a girls team this year for soccer... I guess it did not happen though....

Lionheart88

Quote from: Scots10 on March 31, 2015, 11:53:07 pm

"kicks from the penalty mark" is the term used in the official NFHS high school soccer rule book.  Of course, I get the impression sometimes that officials are the only ones that read it much, so YMMV.

MDXPHD

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 01, 2015, 09:19:44 am

Can you please confirm Wynne has no girls team again this year?  Obviously, from this result that seems the case but I thought Wynne declared a girls team this year for soccer... I guess it did not happen though....

They do not have a girls team this year.

hst

Quote from: Go Postal on March 31, 2015, 11:11:27 pm

Not that I'm aware of....

The @HopeBobcats Twitter showed a post from last night of:

DeQueen VB 6, Hope VB 1

DeQueen VG 5, Hope VG 1

I believe that makes DQ 2-0 in the 5A South, defeating both Lakeside and Hope in conference play up through yesterday.

kenrodsimon

sevenof400

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 01, 2015, 11:10:02 am

Thank you. MDXPHD  - I will modify the 5A East Girls Schedule and Results appropriately. 

Badger

VHSCoach2

Raiders5

Yes, Wynne does not have a girls team this year. I saw where they declared girls before the season but i assume they didn't have enough girls to play with this season.

VHSCoach2

5A West 4/1:

LRCA VG 6, Vilonia VG 0.

Boys game was suspended with 37:22 left in the second half due to lightning with LRCA up 1-0.  As of now, the game is being labeled as "suspended" and not official.

hogbert

saw a first for me tonight. Vilonia player got a straight red for attacking/shoving his own teammate. Oh, and I understand he may've said the magic word to the ref. weird deal.
guess we'll see on the suspension. Not sure how that'll be ruled/decided.

hogbert

yes, sorry. Many moons ago the guy that did my class referred to it as SFTM, so I've used that. Yes, in the NFHS they do go with KFTPM. Either way, it really isn't PK's since no penalty is involved...however everyone understands it that way.

MDXPHD

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 01, 2015, 12:05:34 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on April 01, 2015, 11:10:02 am

Thank you. MDXPHD  - I will modify the 5A East Girls Schedule and Results appropriately.

Batesville girls- 0
GCT girls- 3

Batesville boys-3
GCT boys- 0

Sir Alex

Arbitro

Quote from: hogbert on April 01, 2015, 10:26:02 pm
saw a first for me tonight. Vilonia player got a straight red for attacking/shoving his own teammate. Oh, and I understand he may've said the magic word to the ref. weird deal.
If the player received the red for attacking his teammate the official reason would be Violent Conduct.  If he received the card for something he said to the referee, the reason would be the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures.  In other competitions an ejection for violent conduct generally carries a suspension of several games.  Depending on the severity of the conduct as described in the referee's report, AAA could require this player to sit for a while.  Or they may consider it a fairly routine ejection and stick with the normal one game suspension.  I imagine the Vilonia coach will know more about that soon, if not already.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Arbitro on April 02, 2015, 07:39:22 am
Quote from: hogbert on April 01, 2015, 10:26:02 pm
If the player received the red for attacking his teammate the official reason would be Violent Conduct.  If he received the card for something he said to the referee, the reason would be the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures.  In other competitions an ejection for violent conduct generally carries a suspension of several games.  Depending on the severity of the conduct as described in the referee's report, AAA could require this player to sit for a while.  Or they may consider it a fairly routine ejection and stick with the normal one game suspension.  I imagine the Vilonia coach will know more about that soon, if not already.

The word I got from the center was that the red was for the language used, which is definitely warranted considering multiple F-bombs (towards said teammate and the referee) were heard from this player in the stands on the other side of the field.  From my understanding, it was just going to be a yellow for the incident with the teammate, but the language pushed it to a straight red.

KCShinn21

Go Postal

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 01, 2015, 08:51:47 pm
5A West 4/1:

LRCA VG 6, Vilonia VG 0.

Boys game was suspended with 37:22 left in the second half due to lightning with LRCA up 1-0.  As of now, the game is being labeled as "suspended" and not official.
Coach or anyone else with the knowledge, I was looking at the AAA soccer handbook and since this suspended game had already finished the first half and wasn't called official (which if it was official, LRCA would be awarded the win), will it be finished at a later date or would it maybe be called a "conference tie", according to the handbook on suspended games.  Just curious.  Here's the link, page 7...

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Soccer/2015/Soccer_handbook_2015.pdf

I think that if a team is 1 goal behind and the 2nd half has just started.  That the two teams should be given a chance to finish the game on a later date because of the lightning rules on page 8 for suspending a game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas