• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference play begins! Please post all scores Mar 16 through Mar 21 in this thread....

Started by sevenof400, March 14, 2015, 03:13:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Lionheart88

Non-conference action:
VG White Hall 1-0 Warren
VB White Hall 2-3 Warren

Two good, evenly matched games.  Lots of kids from all teams got to get on the field and play some ball.

Arbitro

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 16, 2015, 09:46:05 pm
Non-conference action:
VG White Hall 1-0 Warren
VB White Hall 2-3 Warren

Two good, evenly matched games.  Lots of kids from all teams got to get on the field and play some ball.
Ack! I posted that to the wrong thread.

AirWarren

Sir Alex

Arbitro

Quote from: AirWarren on March 16, 2015, 10:16:52 pm
I believe warren is undefeated thus far.
They must have lost one in the El Dorado tournament.  The coach said they finished third.

faith

Quote from: Arbitro on March 17, 2015, 07:19:26 am
Quote from: AirWarren on March 16, 2015, 10:16:52 pm
I believe warren is undefeated thus far.
They must have lost one in the El Dorado tournament.  The coach said they finished third.

yes they lost to Van Burean 1-0, and beat hamburg and texarkana to take 3rd place.

AirWarren

onewildrice

hst

3/17 5A South Conference Game
Hot Springs @ White Hall

WH VG 1, HS 0
HS VB 6, WH 1

VHSCoach2

5A West Conference:

Vilonia VB 3, Greenbrier VB 0.
Greenbrier VG 3, Vilonia VG 0.

mijally

Arbitro

3/17 5A South conference games

VG  DeQueen 1, HS Lakeside 0
VB  DeQueen 4, HS Lakeside 3

The boys' game was a great game.  DeQueen scored in the second minute, but Lakeside scored twice in the first half off counter attacks to lead 2-1 at the break.  DeQueen came out strong in the second half and scored twice in the first 13 minutes to take a 3-2 lead.  Lakeside tied it up in the 69th minute and it looked like they were going to penalties, but DeQueen kept the pressure on and slotted home the winner in the 79th minute.  Excellent rematch from last year's state championship game.

Go Postal

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 17, 2015, 09:13:49 pm
5A West Conference:

Vilonia VB 3, Greenbrier VB 0.
Greenbrier VG 3, Vilonia VG 0.
Wow!  Panthers need to step it up if they want to make it a 3-peat 5A West Boy's Conference Champs.  Great job, Eagles!  I knew there was a reason to have Vilonia back into the West in soccer as in other sports. ;)
Quote from: mijally on March 17, 2015, 09:18:03 pm
Conference

VG  LRCA 2 Maumelle 0
VB  Maumelle 2 LRCA 1
and the West battle has begun with the additions of Vtown, LRCA and MMelle this season. ;D

VHSCoach2

5A Central:

Beebe VB 4, McClellan VB 1.

Non-conference:
Heber Springs VG 0(3), Beebe VG 0(0)

Basketball13

Lionheart88

Quote from: hst on March 17, 2015, 09:04:38 pm
3/17 5A South Conference Game
Hot Springs @ White Hall

WH VG 1, HS 0
HS VB 6, WH 1
White Hall's girls are playng some excellent defense.  3 games and 0 goals conceded so far, and that even includes Hope going 0-5 in a shootout last Friday.

Go Postal

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 17, 2015, 06:28:07 am
Harrison Girls 2 Mtn Home 0

Mtn Home boys 2 Harrison 1
Sir Alex, I have looked on facebook and the school's site to find Harrison's nonconference and conference season schedule this year.  Couldn't find it.  seven has listed the conference dates, but I would like to know it in the entirety.  If you could help with this endeavor, it would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

What I think that has happened so far for the Goblins/Lady Goblins is that we played...

7A Rogers Heritage boys and girls games in a benefit game,
7A Bentonville girls game,
5A Valley View boys and girls games,
6A Russellville boys and girls games,
7A Fayetteville girls game,
6A Mtn Home boys and girls games.

I believe that this is right and maybe I have missed some games but a current season schedule is needed.

MDXPHD

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 17, 2015, 09:34:26 pm
5A Central:

Non-conference:

Are they doing shootouts in non-conference now or was this by choice?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 17, 2015, 09:52:50 pm
5A Central:

Non-conference:

By choice, just to practice for when they are needed in conference.  I think if both coaches and the center all agree, then teams can practice PKs after a draw in a non-conference match.

MDXPHD

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 17, 2015, 09:54:46 pm
5A Central:

Non-conference:

By choice, just to practice for when they are needed in conference.  I think if both coaches and the center all agree, then teams can practice PKs after a draw in a non-conference match.

I assumed so.  Straight to kicks from the mark at the end of regulation would be beneficial for both teams  This should be mandatory. It would be good practice for everyone and any extra time would be minimal.

Lionheart88

I've never heard of that in referee meetings.  It's not a bad idea, I can see why teams might like to (I would if I was coaching), but I can still see some refs finishing regulations and saying "Y'all want to do PKs?  In a nonconference game?  That's nice, have fun.  But the game's over, I'm headed to the house."

Raiders5

Nettleton Boys 4- Marion Boys 0

Nettleton Girls 1- Marion Girls 1

Non-Conference

Sir Alex

Harrison 7 Morrilton 0 girls
Harrison 2 Morrilton 1 boys

As previously stated by postal, welcome to the Wild West....

Girls SHoccer

5A Central Conference games, Mills at Sylvan Hills
SHHS girls 6- Mills 0
SHHS boys 3- Mills 0

The Coach

1-4A Conference games at Berryville

Berryville VG 1 Dardanelle VG 0

Dardanelle VB 2 Berryville VB 0

FutbolPhan

Non-Conference at LR Catholic

Catholic 6-1 Jonesboro

Jonesboro took 1-0 into the half, gave up 6 unanswered in the second.

kenrodsimon

Does anyone have any results from the 7A west games yesterday? Boys and girls.

Colt

CoachKJ

Wildcat2016

FutbolPhan

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 17, 2015, 10:00:55 pm
5A Central:

Non-conference:

I assumed so.  Straight to kicks from the mark at the end of regulation would be beneficial for both teams  This should be mandatory. It would be good practice for everyone and any extra time would be minimal.

Wouldn't be counted as an official win unless it would have been a tournament game. The current rule in place is:

Tie Breaker Procedure for Regular Season Non - Conference Games
• If two teams are tied at the end of a regular season non-conference soccer game, the game will be officially declared tie.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FutbolPhan on March 18, 2015, 04:19:51 pm
5A Central:

Non-conference:

Wouldn't be counted as an official win unless it would have been a tournament game. The current rule in place is:

• If two teams are tied at the end of a regular season non-conference soccer game, the game will be officially declared tie.

Correct.  I am saying the rule should be changed.

FutbolPhan

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 18, 2015, 05:06:33 pm
5A Central:

Non-conference:

My point was that the game was official at 0-0. VHSCoach2 reported as if it was won by Heber in penalties. Apparently the two teams decided to practice a PK finish but I am really surprised the officiating crew accommodated since the tiebreaker rule for nonconference games does not allow that.

To your point that the rule should be changed I would ask why? All levels of futbol worldwide accept draws as official score lines. Why would nonconference soccer matches in Arkansas need to result in a defined winner? What purpose, other than school/town pride, would be accomplished? The result would not impact conference standings, state playoff seeding, etc...

Go Postal

Quote from: FutbolPhan on March 18, 2015, 07:13:01 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on March 18, 2015, 05:06:33 pm
5A Central:

Non-conference:

My point was that the game was official at 0-0. VHSCoach2 reported as if it was won by Heber in penalties. Apparently the two teams decided to practice a PK finish but I am really surprised the officiating crew accommodated since the tiebreaker rule for nonconference games does not allow that.

To your point that the rule should be changed I would ask why? All levels of futbol worldwide accept draws as official score lines. Why would nonconference soccer matches in Arkansas need to result in a defined winner? What purpose, other than school/town pride, would be accomplished? The result would not impact conference standings, state playoff seeding, etc...
I think like the above post about, If coaches from both sides agree to go to practice PKs to get their teams ready for conference play, then it should be okay.  End of regulation play will still be a tie for nonconference.  But PK practice for your goalie against other teams could be beneficial.  Referees can stay or go, if they want to head back home.  The extra time spent at a game for the away team, shouldn't be any different than a conference game.

That gets me into something else...

I believe the AAA changed the rules for conference games on OT, due to the long drive time that Arkansans have to drive the many miles from game to game for both boy's/girl's games.  Especially on school nights.  In other words, regulation, no OT, but straight to PKs until someone wins.   This has saved at least 30 minutes on the road driving, but I do miss the days when we had OT periods.  A lot can happen in that time period, maybe not even go to PKs.  If it does, then a even more exciting game.  I have seen the old and new nail-biter games.  Both very exciting.

But, IMO, if the AAA wants to shorten games because of travel time in Conference, regulation, then straight to PKs,  if tied after the 1st round of PKs then award both teams with 1 point for conference play.  Of course a win could still give you 1,2 or 3 points and a loss would give zero points as it is now.

During Playoffs, these Boys and Girls teams have proven that they deserve to be there.  Travel time shouldn't be a factor.  Go back to regulation, OT, then PKs until victory.  I know that this might put a strain on the host town because of the next games to follow, but like I said earlier, these teams deserve to be here and give it all they got.  I have seen some great teams win and some great teams lose because of the current rules in a shortened playoff game.  Great games though.
Who has the best stamina, depth and skill in the above scenario.  Of course DeQueen boys could put in their 5th string in on depth and skill.  LOL!

off my soapbox now...

Arbitro

Quote from: Go Postal on March 18, 2015, 08:05:02 pm
During Playoffs, these Boys and Girls teams have proven that they deserve to be there.  Travel time shouldn't be a factor.  Go back to regulation, OT, then PKs until victory.  I know that this might put a strain on the host town because of the next games to follow, but like I said earlier, these teams deserve to be here and give it all they got.  I have seen some great teams win and some great teams lose because of the current rules in a shortened playoff game.  Great games though.
Who has the best stamina, depth and skill in the above scenario.  Of course DeQueen boys could put in their 5th string in on depth and skill.  LOL!

off my soapbox now...
That is the way the playoffs work now.  Two 10 minute overtime periods and then KFTPM.

Arbitro

In the opinion of one referee (me), if I were asked to officiate PKs at the end of a non-conference match just so the teams could get some practice in a competitive situation, and the game atmosphere had been pretty calm, I'd most likely do it.  If the coaches had been riding my butt the whole game and the players had been jerks throughout (or if the fans had been unreasonably ugly),  I'd probably say no and head straight to the parking lot.  No one has ever asked though.

FutbolPhan

Quote from: Arbitro on March 18, 2015, 09:05:45 pm

off my soapbox now...
That is the way the playoffs work now.  Two 10 minute overtime periods and then KFTPM.
Exactly, still not sure why teams would want to agree to practice a PK shootout in nonconference games to prepare for the unknown weeks or months down the road. Also, confused as to why certified referees assigned and paid to administer Arkansas high school rules would agree . I would think that after eighty minutes ending in an even result (non-conference), a coach would not want to have his/her team be exposed to failure as a training exercise to another team after working so hard to compete. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, teams do have training for PK's in their regular routines. If schools want to have controlled scrimmages and set the parameters in preseason, fine. After the official start to the season, no rule changes for a particular game should ever be allowed in direct conflict with current rules.

Go Postal

Quote from: Arbitro on March 18, 2015, 09:05:45 pm

off my soapbox now...
Thank goodness!

Quote from: Arbitro on March 18, 2015, 09:15:24 pm
In the opinion of one referee (me), if I were asked to officiate PKs at the end of a non-conference match just so the teams could get some practice in a competitive situation, and the game atmosphere had been pretty calm, I'd most likely do it.  If the coaches had been riding my butt the whole game and the players had been jerks throughout (or if the fans had been unreasonably ugly),  I'd probably say no and head straight to the parking lot.  No one has ever asked though.
You probably officiated a Greenbrier or private school game.  ROTFL! ;)

Arbitro

Quote from: FutbolPhan on March 18, 2015, 09:41:09 pm
Exactly, still not sure why teams would want to agree to practice a PK shootout in nonconference games to prepare for the unknown weeks or months down the road. Also, confused as to why certified referees assigned and paid to administer Arkansas high school rules would agree . I would think that after eighty minutes ending in an even result (non-conference), a coach would not want to have his/her team be exposed to failure as a training exercise to another team after working so hard to compete. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, teams do have training for PK's in their regular routines. If schools want to have controlled scrimmages and set the parameters in preseason, fine. After the official start to the season, no rule changes for a particular game should ever be allowed in direct conflict with current rules.
I guess I'm looking at this a little differently.  If the score of a non-conference game is tied at the end of regulation, the game ends in a tie.  That is the official result.  Anything that happens after that is just for the enjoyment of the players and the fans and does nothing to change the result.  Where it gets a little sticky is what happens if there is misconduct during this fun PK exercise, like one of the keepers taunts a kicker after a bad miss (red card offense).  The authority of the referee extends after the game until he/she leaves the field and its immediate surroundings.  Would the referee be obligated to eject the player, who would then have to serve a one game suspension?  My guess is yes.  This is actually one reason why referees are encouraged to pack up their gear and be on their way in a reasonably short period of time.  No need to hang around for an extended period of time and create the potential for having to sanction misconduct well after the game has been completed.  I may have to re-think this PK exercise thing...

Arbitro

Go Postal

Regulation nonconference tie is a tie.  What the coaches want to do after the game is on THEIR shoulders.  Not the officiating crew.  Opens up a new can of worms.

FutbolPhan

Quote from: Arbitro on March 18, 2015, 10:33:18 pm
Quote from: FutbolPhan on March 18, 2015, 09:41:09 pm
I guess I'm looking at this a little differently.  If the score of a non-conference game is tied at the end of regulation, the game ends in a tie.  That is the official result.  Anything that happens after that is just for the enjoyment of the players and the fans and does nothing to change the result.  Where it gets a little sticky is what happens if there is misconduct during this fun PK exercise, like one of the keepers taunts a kicker after a bad miss (red card offense).  The authority of the referee extends after the game until he/she leaves the field and its immediate surroundings.  Would the referee be obligated to eject the player, who would then have to serve a one game suspension?  My guess is yes.  This is actually one reason why referees are encouraged to pack up their gear and be on their way in a reasonably short period of time.  No need to hang around for an extended period of time and create the potential for having to sanction misconduct well after the game has been completed.  I may have to re-think this PK exercise thing...

Correct in your reevaluation. My premise was that why would coaches and/or referee crews agree in direct conflict to the rules of the game. Apparently it happened but surprised... It comes back around to the American way to define sport as always requiring a winner. 

MDXPHD

The point of the non-conference games is to prepare for the upcoming conference games.  Since conference games may consist of a shootout, I think non-conference games should consist of it as well to help the players prepare.  That's really my only argument for it though.

Draws as official score lines are fine, I have nothing against a tie.  But why don't we just end in a tie in the conference games as well? What is accomplished by declaring a winner in conference? A point system with ties would still work, and it would be more like "traditional" soccer, as you wish. 

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 19, 2015, 12:29:28 am

The point of the non-conference games is to prepare for the upcoming conference games.  Since conference games may consist of a shootout, I think non-conference games should consist of it as well to help the players prepare.  That's really my only argument for it though.

Draws as official score lines are fine, I have nothing against a tie.  But why don't we just end in a tie in the conference games as well? What is accomplished by declaring a winner in conference? A point system with ties would still work, and it would be more like "traditional" soccer, as you wish.
This I agree.

chaoslord

Quote from: Arbitro on March 18, 2015, 10:33:18 pm

I mean, you could always just take your stuff and walk to your car. At that point you've probably satisfied the requirement to leave the immediate area, so just come back and now you have no authority or responsibility for any potential misconduct   8)

For real, though, I'm not hanging around for it. KFTPM as a fun practice after a game isn't something that needs referees. The coaches can take care of it no problem. Like you point out, if anything bad were to happen, we'd still need to sanction it, and now we get to explain in an email to our AAA rep why there was a send off fifteen minutes after a non-conference game ended. I don't know about you, but as soon as I send that email off I'm disconnecting my phone and shutting down my email account because I don't want to get the reply ;D

Arbitro

Quote from: Go Postal on March 19, 2015, 01:25:33 am

This I agree.
If you dig back into this forum far enough you'll find that I opposed the rule change requiring a winner for all conference games.  But these decisions are made by the ADs, many of whom are far more familiar with other sports and don't really care about how soccer competitions are run in the rest of the world.  "A tie is like kissing your sister" and all.  That said, no ties in conference games is the rule for Arkansas and it isn't likely to change in the near future.  I can deal with it.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Go Postal on March 19, 2015, 01:25:33 am

This I agree.

Agreed, but soccer people don't (by and large) make the rules.

CoachKJ

hst

3/19 Non-Conference

Hot Springs vs Stuttgart

HS VG 2, Stuttgart 0

HS VB 6, Stuttgart 0

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas