• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Post Week 1 Scores (All Classifications) Monday, March 2 to Saturday, March 7 Here

Started by VHSCoach2, March 02, 2015, 11:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

The season (non benefit games) for most squads kicks off this week!  Let's get those scores rolling in, and good luck to all this season on the pitch!

ARSoccer25

Lakeside @ El Dorado Tuesday
Lake Hamilton @ Lakeside Thursday

Not looking promising though with the weather. Anyone know anything about El Dorado's teams this year?

Ref

Episcopal Girls Varsity 1 Central High Girls V/JV 5
Episcopal Boys Varsity 4 Catholic High JV 1 

GenesisGuzman16

Quote from: ARSoccer25 on March 02, 2015, 11:26:46 am
Lakeside @ El Dorado Tuesday
Lake Hamilton @ Lakeside Thursday

Not looking promising though with the weather. Anyone know anything about El Dorado's teams this year?

Lost 5 seniors last season for the boys, I was one of them. Near the end of the last season, we were really starting to click as a team but we ended up botching the quarterfinals by losing to Russellville 5-0. This team is returning 7 starters. As far as I've been able to tell, not much team chemistry has been lost. I'm very excited for their season to unravel.

As for the girls, they lost 6 seniors last year including most of their back 4 and one of their best striking options. Our girl's team always rebuild very well and their team chemistry never loses a beat because of how well knit our girl's club team, Lady Swift FC, plays in the fall. I also expect them to do great things with this group of seniors.

Both El Dorado teams will put out a fight for Lakeside.

Arbitro

mijally

The Coach

VG
Clarksville 4
Dardanelle 1

VB
Clarksville 0
Dardanelle 1

Clarksvilles field may be in rough shape for the rest of the season.

Colt

Varsity Girls
Mountain Home 8
Batesville 0

Varsity Boys
Mountain Home 1
Batesville 0

GenesisGuzman16

El Dorado JVB 2 - 0 HS Lakeside JVB
El Dorado VG 5 - 1 HS Lakeside VG
El Dorado VB 0 - 5 HS Lakeside VB

El Dorado travels to Russellville for its tournament starting off with a game against Bentonville this Friday.

FutbolPhan

Conway VG 0 - 2 LRCA
Conway VB 4 - 2 LRCA

LRCA VG looked to be a veteran team with much more experience than Conway.
LRCA VB kept it close due to team speed, physical style and keeper play stretching the field.

Looked from an unbiased viewpoint that LRCA will be a tough out against 5A competition.

VHSCoach2

Score updates from 3/3:

Beebe Girls 5-0 over Morrilton
Beebe Boys 2-0 over Morrilton

Sylvan Hills Girls 3-1 over Hot Springs
Hot Springs Boys 5-0 over Sylvan Hills

Heber Springs Girls 4-0 over Lisa Academy
Heber Springs Boys 2-0 over Lisa Academy

Searcy Girls 8-0 over Vilonia
Searcy Boys 3-1 over Vilonia (Vilonia boys led 1-0 until a late first half own goal, and a depleted bench for the Eagles led to Searcy overpowering in the second half).

hst

Thanks VHSCoach2 i got on here to post this morning and you had already taken care of it for us.

Hot Springs girls did lose to Sylvan Hills 3-1 and had a couple chances to tie it up when they were down 2-1. A cross into the box from the right side of the field narrowly missed the Lady Trojan player on a wide open back post.

In boys Hot Springs led 2-0 at half and then added 3 in the second half. Sylvan Hills was down to around 15 players total.

Hot Springs will hopefully continue their varsity schedule Friday hosting Clarksville at Reese Stadium pending our crazy Arkansas weather.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: The Coach on March 03, 2015, 10:42:44 pm
VG
Clarksville 4
Dardanelle 1

VB
Clarksville 0
Dardanelle 1

Care to elaborate on Clarksville's field, Coach?

The Coach

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 04, 2015, 10:50:06 am
VG
Clarksville 4
Dardanelle 1

VB
Clarksville 0
Dardanelle 1

Care to elaborate on Clarksville's field, Coach?

It was probably the worst playing conditions I've seen. Standing water, and just really tore up from the 2 games obviously. Very surprised they chose to play especially being a non-conference game and being so early in the season.

VHSCoach2

Thanks for that, Coach. 

As it stands right now, it looks as though many matches will be postponed or cancelled altogether for tomorrow and maybe even Friday. Vilonia and Beebe have already postponed their matches from tomorrow until next Monday.

However, if your teams are still able to get matches in tomorrow, please continue to send those scores in.

fourfourtwo

Tuesday @ Greenwood

Varsity Girls
Greenwood-0, Northside-0

Varsity Boys
Greenwood-1, Northside-2

JV Boys
Greenwood-0, Northside-8

VHSCoach2

A few updates:

Vilonia at Sylvan Hills has been rescheduled from today to tomorrow. Girls will play at 1 PM, guys at 3 PM. to Saturday, April 25th.

The Paragould Invitational Girls Tournament scheduled for today and tomorrow has been pushed back to next Friday and Saturday.

If any teams are playing today or tomorrow, send those scores in!

hst

3-6-15

Hot Springs boys defeat Clarksville 3-0 at home last night in Reese Stadium.

Lady Panthers defeat the Lady Trojans 4-1.

sevenof400

..Clarksvilles field may be in rough shape for the rest of the season.

That has been the case just about every year in Clarksville.  As currently constructed, that field cannot take water in any form...

Lionheart88

Down at the Monticello tournament, White Hall's opened the season on a bad run of form, losing 2-1 to the hosts and 2-1 to Hamburg, play again at 3:15.  Gotta start winning to stay in the tournament.

Lionheart88

White Hall advanced over Arkadelphia (I think) in a shootout, then lost a shootout to Hamburg.  Tournament wasn't necessarily that representative for them though, they only too 14 kids in a minibus.  Probably half the team left at the house.  Not sure why.

Arbitro

Teams at the Monticello boys tournament (25 minute halves, running clock, mercy rule in effect) were Monticello, Warren, White Hall, Arkadelphia, Hamburg and Lake Village.  Sheridan and Pine Bluff had been scheduled to participate but pulled out (probably due to school cancelations).  Warren was definitely the best team present, advancing through the winner's bracket by lopsided scores and beating a very tired Hamburg squad in the final 6-0.

AirWarren

Warren 6-2 over Hamburg.
Warren 5-1 over Arkie.
Warren 7-0 over Monticello.
Warren 6-0 over Hamburg in the finals.

CanesCoach

Hey everyone... I'm new to the board.  Jonesboro jv teams beat Westside last week. 

Boys: 4-1
Girls: 6-0

We have been covered in ice and snow and have been unable to play, but we have our varsity season opener tonight vs Conway.

ricepig

Quote from: CanesCoach on March 10, 2015, 08:38:25 am
Hey everyone... I'm new to the board.  Jonesboro jv teams beat Westside last week. 

We have been covered in ice and snow and have been unable to play, but we have our varsity season opener tonight vs Conway.

What was the match against Russellville in Searcy? I read where Russellville won 2-1, didn't know if it was a benefit match, or real one.

sevenof400

Welcome to Fearless Friday, CanesCoach!  Please keep those scores coming and best of luck on your season.  Be sure to check out the 6A/7A standings thread for the latest scores and standings.

CanesCoach

Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2015, 09:53:55 am

What was the match against Russellville in Searcy? I read where Russellville won 2-1, didn't know if it was a benefit match, or real one.

Sorry RicePig, I am the girls coach and our varsity opener is tonight.  You are correct, that was a boys game and was their season opener.

ricepig

Quote from: CanesCoach on March 10, 2015, 01:32:11 pm
Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2015, 09:53:55 am

Sorry RicePig, I am the girls coach and our varsity opener is tonight.  You are correct, that was a boys game and was their season opener.

Good luck!

FutbolPhan

Conway at Jonesboro

Conway JVB 5 - 0 Jonesboro JVB
Conway VB  3 - 0 Jonesboro VB
Conway VG  7 - 0 Jonesboro VG

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas