• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New teams or conference changes this year?

Started by beeroe, October 27, 2014, 10:53:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beeroe

Any new teams declaring Soccer this year?

I am assuming Praire Grove will be official.

How about Lead Hill? Flippen?

I Have heard that Huntsville maybe moving to 4a?

What do you folk know?

ogar_hog

Lionheart88

Here's the AAA's list of tentative conferences for this year: http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/2015_Tentative_Soccer_Conferences.pdf

Aside from those on this list, I've been hearing persistent rumors from various sources in the PB area that Watson Chapel and Dollarway are at least considering adding soccer.

mijally

Do all the 5A conferences teams play each other twice in a home and home format in conference play?

Raiders5

Lionheart88

Quote from: mijally on October 28, 2014, 12:39:25 pm
Do all the 5A conferences teams play each other twice in a home and home format in conference play?
I know that's how it's worked in the South the past couple of years, and the Southeast before that when White Hall was there.  I assume the others work the same way, though I could always be wrong.

beeroe

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 28, 2014, 11:24:42 am
Here's the AAA's list of tentative conferences for this year: http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/2015_Tentative_Soccer_Conferences.pdf

Aside from those on this list, I've been hearing persistent rumors from various sources in the PB area that Watson Chapel and Dollarway are at least considering adding soccer.

11 Boys teams in 4A1? Seriously? 5 teams in 5A South.... There has to be a better way to do this.

Lionheart88

Well, it is tentative, but I'm right there with you.  "Soccer 4A" needs to be split into more than 4 conferences.  Or else it's time to strip out the small schools and create 3A (and below) soccer.  In 5A, they should just move Mills to the South.  That would give all 4 conferences 6 or 7 teams, at least for boys.

Taxman

Moving Valley View and Maumelle out of the 4A-3 made that one weak conference.  Maumelle moved into a tougher conference in 5A but Valley View not so much. 

mijally

I am very happy Maumelle moved to 5a west. They will be challenged every game now. No more weak schedule.  If you make the state playoffs in the 5a west. You know you earned it.

Raiders5

Quote from: Taxman on October 28, 2014, 07:29:02 pm
Moving Valley View and Maumelle out of the 4A-3 made that one weak conference.  Maumelle moved into a tougher conference in 5A but Valley View not so much.
I dont agree with you here. Valley views competition in the 5a East will have its challenges against Batesville and Nettleton. As we all know anything can happen in any game and the 5a east is gaining momentum after all 5a east teams were thought to be defeated in the first round of state tournament last year. Nettleton and Vilonia were knocked out in second round, but Nettleton lost to DeQueen which went on to beat Hot Springs Lakeside by a wider margin than they beat Nettleton by. Valley View beat Nettleton last season by a goal or two i believe but during that game Nettleton was missing a few of its starters. Then it was a battle all the way through the game, where i remember a Nettleton player chipped the Valley View keeper from 45 yards out. But i guess we will have to wait and see how the 5A East will play out.

hst

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 28, 2014, 04:40:10 pm
Well, it is tentative, but I'm right there with you.  "Soccer 4A" needs to be split into more than 4 conferences.  Or else it's time to strip out the small schools and create 3A (and below) soccer.  In 5A, they should just move Mills to the South.  That would give all 4 conferences 6 or 7 teams, at least for boys.

Been saying that very statement for years!

4A in a 4 conference format with this many teams just isn't right. They should make more conferences or allow all schools 3A and below to play 3A soccer.

hst

October 30, 2014, 12:32:40 pm #12 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:34:27 pm by hst
Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 28, 2014, 04:40:10 pm

Would also be nice if Camden, Magnolia, and Chapel would just come on with it and actually play. Camden did at one point..

beeroe

Below are some maps of the state based on classification. I would love to get your ideas on how to make all of this work more smoothly. I am a fan also of a 3A and below conference. There are nearly 21 3A and below schools declared this year. I suspect there would be even more if there was an opportunity for a truly competitive conference.

hst

October 31, 2014, 09:09:12 am #14 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:52:49 am by hst
And I didn't see it on the AAA tentative conference list but their website says that Jonesboro-Westside has declared for boys /girls soccer and is not on that list...so that's an additional school that has been playing soccer in the 4A-3.

There are about an equal amount of 3A schools playing as 4A and like you are saying, by splitting schools into a 3A and a 4A i think you not only get a few more schools to come out in 3A but maybe even 4A.

As to how to make things more smoothly, give me a bit to look at the maps :)

Edited: I see your notation on Westside on the 3A/2A/1A map. I think they are 4A though right? Wonder why the AAA left them off the 2015 Tentative Conference List?

EDIT 2: Drive time's aside...if you are going to leave 3A/4A combined and there are around 40 teams, why not move to the same number of conferences as 4A football with 6...that at least gives you 6 teams per conference at the minimum, and 7 in 4...which if you could work out the Boys only/Girls only...

Wishful thinking

hst

I do think on the 5A map it would be difficult to change much....although with LR Mills being south of LR to me it makes sense to put them in the 5A South.

hst

Did anyone notice Alma on the 2015 Tentative Conference List??!?

chaoslord

Quote from: hst on October 31, 2014, 09:13:05 am
I do think on the 5A map it would be difficult to change much....although with LR Mills being south of LR to me it makes sense to put them in the 5A South.

When I played at Mills anyway, we played most of the schools that were in the South every year. We were practically an honorary member! Agree that it'll be best to move them there, although honestly I don't know how much longer that program will last. It hasn't been in good shape (on the boys side, anyway)(and for certain definitions of the word "good," obviously, we were average) since I graduated and I think it's been declining. Wouldn't surprise me if they gave it up within the next five years.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: hst on October 31, 2014, 09:27:29 am

Strange, considering if you go to Alma's page on the AAA website, it says they have not declared soccer.

DogsWin7

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 01, 2014, 06:10:42 pm

Strange, considering if you go to Alma's page on the AAA website, it says they have not declared soccer.

It's a spring sport....so don't they have till spring to declare Soccer?   It's just a box you check...I think.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 03, 2014, 05:10:29 pm
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 01, 2014, 06:10:42 pm

It's a spring sport....so don't they have till spring to declare Soccer?   It's just a box you check...I think.

I believe they have until December 1st to declare.  I think that's the latest date to declare and for the AAA to shift teams to different conferences to even up numbers (if they event want to move anyone).

faith

There are 2 new additions to the 4-4A conference this year.  Star City and Hermitage...looks like soccer is growing down south! Hope more schools jump on board! ;

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas