• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cross Country Rankings Predictions

Started by Florence, September 21, 2018, 03:50:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

As of Today(9/21/18), who do y'all think will win each classification?

beach bum

Conference meet results are starting to come in I noticed....

RATTLER43

In 2A, I think Melbourne may give Quitman girls a great run for their money. Depends on if any good freshmen move up.
Boys looks to be Ouachita again with maybe a Sloan-Hendrix; but don't sleep on Decatur. If his freshmen run well they could be in the mix and pull the upset.  Caddo Hills and Eureka Springs have good runners but not enough depth to push at the 4 and 5 positions.

Other classes?

beach bum

beach bum

I figure you are the guy to answer this question rattler43, but how are the splitting indoor now? Cause honestly the new 1A-6A format is a tough choice how to split it cause on one hand some of the smaller 4A schools have no business running with the biggest schools. But on the other hand some of the 1A and 2A schools have no business running with the bigger 4A schools cause they already had no business running with the 4A schools.

beach bum

I am guessing though they will split it 1A-3A and 4A-6A?? Cause 1A-4A with the addition of some teams will make for a cluster of what was already a log jammed meet!

RATTLER43

Quote from: beach bum on November 03, 2018, 03:21:57 pm
I am guessing though they will split it 1A-3A and 4A-6A?? Cause 1A-4A with the addition of some teams will make for a cluster of what was already a log jammed meet!

I would think 1A-3A and 4A-6A.   But I am not certain.   It's what would make sense but doing the logical thing doesn't always happen...   I'll try to find out this week and get back to you.

beach bum

November 03, 2018, 06:08:01 pm #7 Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:12:43 pm by beach bum
Quote from: RATTLER43 on November 03, 2018, 05:48:58 pm
I would think 1A-3A and 4A-6A.   But I am not certain.   It's what would make sense but doing the logical thing doesn't always happen...   I'll try to find out this week and get back to you.

Awesome thank you as always.... Just would seem a little crazy to see teams like you guys & Caddo Hills running against Hope, Harrison, Farmington, Dequeen and others who are now 4A in the "non football" sports. Just seems like an enrollment uphill battle that can't be won for the small schools at the indoor. They were already at a disadvantage at indoor, but its even worse with shrinking a classification.

RATTLER43

Totally agree with that analysis of the situation.

RATTLER43

Back to cross country for a minute.  Cam Fischer almost pulled his Fayetteville team to a win over Bennie.  I watched it as Bentonville runners passed Fayetteville runners in the final 400m to pull out a win.  Look at their times on a course with some areas nearly impossible to navigate with speed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas