• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could Pulaski Academy beat NLR this year

Started by Sweet Feet, December 08, 2017, 04:01:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win the battle of the best team in Pulaski County this year?

North Little Rock
Pulaski Academy

Sweet Feet

beach bum

Greenwood and PA were the two best teams this season....

JessieP

While I disagree with the majority of people posting in the year end overall Top 10, I think PA should be 4th or 5th, many have them at 7th or 8th. I doubt they could hang with NLR, Greenwood, BV or Pine Bluff. There is a noticeable increase in talent from 5A to 6A and from 6A to 7A as well.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 08, 2017, 08:38:52 pm
While I disagree with the majority of people posting in the year end overall Top 10, I think PA should be 4th or 5th, many have them at 7th or 8th. I doubt they could hang with NLR, Greenwood, BV or Pine Bluff. There is a noticeable increase in talent from 5A to 6A and from 6A to 7A as well.

I agree.  I have them at No. 4.  I think it's NLR, GW, Bentonville and PA.  I do think that PA could beat PB this year.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on December 08, 2017, 08:46:36 pm
I agree.  I have them at No. 4.  I think it's NLR, GW, Bentonville and PA.  I do think that PA could beat PB this year.

That game was the one I went back and forth on. No way is PA 7th or 8th, they have proved themselves. It's funny, our favorite mentally challenged poster, bullcrapperactslikehes15, used to throw in our (5A posters) face how Greenwood would destroy PA, that the physicality of moving up a division would overwhelm PA. It's funny how he's now saying GW would kill NLR, that there is no difference between 6A and 7A. Nothing like changing your points to suit your story. 5A to 6A, huge increase. 6A to 7A, no difference. Oh well, no one ever confused him with a MENSA member.

PA Bruin Fan

Fyi, PA boys lifted twice in the last three days. But everyone does that.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on December 09, 2017, 09:49:29 pm
Fyi, PA boys lifted twice in the last three days. But everyone does that.

Give them a break, they just won a state championship. The other teams I'm sure are lifting 5 day's a week. I know the Monday following the LRM loss the returning Batesville football players, who aren't playing basketball or another sport, started the Monday-Friday offseason lifting/running. But that's nothing to brag about, I'm sure every single team is well into offseason lifting.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on December 10, 2017, 12:10:30 am
Give them a break, they just won a state championship. The other teams I'm sure are lifting 5 day's a week. I know the Monday following the LRM loss the returning Batesville football players, who aren't playing basketball or another sport, started the Monday-Friday offseason lifting/running. But that's nothing to brag about, I'm sure every single team is well into offseason lifting.
It's awesome how much work students will put into their sports.  Keeps them out of trouble I guess. 

tmycjy

Just went threw the numbers this how this would go

North Little Rock 40
Pulaski academy 31

The Future

Just for fun tmycjy, could you throw the numbers in for NLR vs Greenwood and Greenwood vs PA?

Idindonuffin

PA had a couple of close calls in 5A this year. My answer would be no.

tmycjy

Quote from: The Future on December 10, 2017, 01:37:29 pm
Just for fun tmycjy, could you throw the numbers in for NLR vs Greenwood and Greenwood vs PA?

I got one more fun then that I just went threw the number and did all state champion and runner up in a playoff system it done like the 7-A and 6-A playoffs the 7,6,5 AND 4A state champion got a bye the runner up got a first round game the 3A and 2A got first round game if u where state champion u got the better spot with the 2A tittle not played yet I gave the better spot to mount Ida do to a 13-0 record

first Round

North Little Rock
Bye

Rivercrest 21
Warren     28

Pulaski Academy
Bye

Foreman  7
Pine Bluff 46

Greenwood
bye

Mount Ida 17
LR McClellan 38

Arkadelphia
bye

Junction City 20
Bentonville 50

Quarterfinal

North Little Rock 42
Warren               14

Pulaski Academy 41
Pine Bluff            31

Greenwood 42
LR McClellan 17

Arkadelphia 26
Bentonville  35

Simi Finals

North Little Rock  40
Pulaski Academy 31

Greenwood  35
Bentonville   27

finals
North Little Rock  28
Greenwood          27

champion North Little Rock

PA Dad

December 10, 2017, 08:32:03 pm #12 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:46:01 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: tmycjy on December 10, 2017, 08:20:35 pm
I got one more fun then that I just went threw the number and did all state champion and runner up in a playoff system it done like the 7-A and 6-A playoffs the 7,6,5 AND 4A state champion got a bye the runner up got a first round game the 3A and 2A got first round game if u where state champion u got the better spot with the 2A tittle not played yet I gave the better spot to mount Ida do to a 13-0 record

first Round

North Little Rock
Bye

Rivercrest 21
Warren     28

Pulaski Academy
Bye

Foreman  7
Pine Bluff 46

Greenwood
bye

Mount Ida 17
LR McClellan 38

Arkadelphia
bye

Junction City 20
Bentonville 50

Quarterfinal

North Little Rock 42
Warren               14

Pulaski Academy 41
Pine Bluff            31

Greenwood 42
LR McClellan 17

Arkadelphia 26
Bentonville  35

Simi Finals

North Little Rock  40
Pulaski Academy 31

Greenwood  35
Bentonville   27

finals
North Little Rock  28
Greenwood          27

We will never know but I think these predictions are very reasonable.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PA Dad on December 10, 2017, 08:32:03 pm
We will never know but I think these predictions are very reasonable.

Several things I can say after watching the 7a, 6a, and 5a State games:   

1.  I was not impressed by Benny or NLR.  I believe both Greenwood and PA could beat them.  And handily I might add.
2.  PA persevered and was able to get the win.  But they didn't look like the PA we've heard so much about.  Bad game or maybe the pressure to 4-peat?  McClellan gave them all they could handle and showed that PA is not invincible.  Some bad play calling and being unprepared for the onside kick on McClellans behalf cost them the game IMO.   Pedigree proved to be the difference in this game!
3.  Benny, PA, NLR, Greenwood all have prolific offenses, but Greenwood's defense left no doubt that they were the best in the state.   
4.  Lastly....Most of the PB guys on here have shown class in the way they handled the loss, but my question is....Why did the PB fans start to file out of the stadium in the middle of the 3rd quarter?  By games end, there were maybe 300 fans left?  I hate that for the PB kids.    PB's youth showed through.  They have great talent, but their youth showed up when they got behind big.  Not sure this group of PB kids have ever been that far behind and they didn't know how to respond.  PB will be back next year, loaded again.  They played hard.  Were great sports.  And I, as usual, was impressed with them.  But all of us close to the Greenwood program knew this team was a little different.  I didn't expect a mercy rule against PB, but I did expect a win.   Congrats to PB for a great season and we look forward to butting heads next year with you!

STUNNA

Quote from: tmycjy on December 10, 2017, 08:20:35 pm

first Round

North Little Rock
Bye

Rivercrest 21
Warren     28

Pulaski Academy
Bye

Foreman  7
Pine Bluff 46

Greenwood
bye

Mount Ida 17
LR McClellan 38

Arkadelphia
bye

Junction City 20
Bentonville 50

Quarterfinal

North Little Rock 42
Warren               14

Pulaski Academy 41
Pine Bluff            31

Greenwood 42
LR McClellan 17

Arkadelphia 26
Bentonville  35

Simi Finals

North Little Rock  40
Pulaski Academy 31

Greenwood  35
Bentonville   27

finals
North Little Rock  28
Greenwood          27

Treylon Burks alone is worth 21 points.. lol.. but year NLR would beat Warren.

friscokid

The problem is depth. If you took PA's best 11 players and NLR's best 11 players, PA could probably hold its own or even win. But odds are NLR's third and fourth teamers are way better than PA's second teamers and they'll get worn down eventually. That's why numbers matter in football.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: friscokid on December 14, 2017, 12:08:08 am
The problem is depth. If you took PA's best 11 players and NLR's best 11 players, PA could probably hold its own or even win. But odds are NLR's third and fourth teamers are way better than PA's second teamers and they'll get worn down eventually. That's why numbers matter in football.

Depth matters during a long season.  If the kids are conditioned, which all of these top tier teams are, then depth means nothing.  Unless a kid gets hurt.  On a one game match-up, depth is not important.....size and speed are.  Period.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 09:02:27 am
Depth matters during a long season.  If the kids are conditioned, which all of these top tier teams are, then depth means nothing.  Unless a kid gets hurt.  On a one game match-up, depth is not important.....size and speed are.  Period.

NLR has both of those in spades.  Everything they do on offense plays to PA's weaknesses.  They have a power run game that controls the ball and keeps the other offense off the field.  They are athletic enough at LB and in the secondary to cover PA's receivers, are big and strong up front which would undoubtedly would lead to sacks and disruption of the passing game.  PA would score, but I don't know if they would be able to score enough with limited possessions.  NLR is a much better version of the McClellan team we saw in the finals.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 14, 2017, 02:39:20 pm
NLR has both of those in spades.  Everything they do on offense plays to PA's weaknesses.  They have a power run game that controls the ball and keeps the other offense off the field.  They are athletic enough at LB and in the secondary to cover PA's receivers, are big and strong up front which would undoubtedly would lead to sacks and disruption of the passing game.  PA would score, but I don't know if they would be able to score enough with limited possessions.  NLR is a much better version of the McClellan team we saw in the finals.

You have the right to your opinion.  :)  I agree NLR would be a tough matchup for PA.   But I also believe Greenwood would match up with NLR and Benny pretty evenly.  GW vs Benny or GW vs NLR would be a toss up in my book. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 02:42:18 pm
You have the right to your opinion.  :)  I agree NLR would be a tough matchup for PA.   But I also believe Greenwood would match up with NLR and Benny pretty evenly.  GW vs Benny or GW vs NLR would be a toss up in my book. 

Agree on both counts.  Greenwood was really, really good this year.  And I think you mentioned it earlier, but as much credit as their offense gets every year, their defense was legit this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas