• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The JC Thread

Started by Dragon I, December 02, 2014, 12:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonpastor

Quote from: dragondad on December 07, 2014, 07:16:10 am
Quote from: big E on December 07, 2014, 07:12:47 am
Hey as long as Junctions busses don't start hornets have a chance.hint hint.

Wouldn't matter, every vehicle within a 20 mile radius will be headed that way next Sat....they can just car-pool with the fans.

We'll load them dudes up on the church bus!

bleudog

Quote from: dragonpastor on December 07, 2014, 02:32:20 pm
Quote from: dragondad on December 07, 2014, 07:16:10 am
Quote from: big E on December 07, 2014, 07:12:47 am
Hey as long as Junctions busses don't start hornets have a chance.hint hint.

Wouldn't matter, every vehicle within a 20 mile radius will be headed that way next Sat....they can just car-pool with the fans.

We'll load them dudes up on the church bus!

Now that's Divine Intervention.  ;D

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

cuz

JC Guy

Someone needs to send that to our freind that was doing the Allen bashing a few weeks back.

bleudog

Quote from: JC Guy on December 12, 2014, 02:20:30 pm
Someone needs to send that to our freind that was doing the Allen bashing a few weeks back.

According to some folks' thinking on FF, being the 10th best anything in the SEC ought to equate out to Top 25 in the nation. ;D

JC Guy

Top 10 is far from " He sucks and the hogs shouldn't recruit kids from small schools" I think is what he said!

bleudog

Congratulations to Haynesville as they repeat as 1A state champions! It's the Golden Tors 17th state title.

DickieV

This answers is probably somewhere on the site but how long is Junction City's football win streak?

bleudog

Quote from: DickieV on December 13, 2014, 10:01:31 am
This answers is probably somewhere on the site but how long is Junction City's football win streak?

39 games

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The buzz said on their post game show that Dancey may be wavering on his verbal to la tech. According to them, Baylor has shown interest.

Dragon I

Would be awesome!  I do like the thought of a couple of those Dragons in Ruston though.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I think he would fit in nice at Baylor, they are a hot team and next to Oregon, they probably have the coolest unis. Plus he would be wearing green.

dragondad

We love Baylor! After AR, Baylor is our next favorite team, my nephew graduates from there in May.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 14, 2014, 12:28:40 am
The buzz said on their post game show that Dancey may be wavering on his verbal to la tech. According to them, Baylor has shown interest.

He was in Ruston a couple weeks ago sitting with the recruits when Tech., played Rice, for what that's worth!

cuz

Heard Armstrong and Evans, had a visit from OBU, wouldn't mind seeing those boys play there.....

JC Guy

Just talked to #3 and he said he will 100% be a Bull Dog. The rest is rumors.

dragondad

Quote from: JC Guy on December 14, 2014, 10:34:20 am

Same here, we asked him and he said he's 100% Bulldog, no discussion no second.thoughts, no regrets.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad on December 14, 2014, 11:32:57 am
Quote from: JC Guy on December 14, 2014, 10:34:20 am

Same here, we asked him and he said he's 100% Bulldog, no discussion no second.thoughts, no regrets.

I knew what we talked about last night, just heard it on the Buzz and didnt know. I wouldn't hold it against him he dud swap. Baylor is making some noise and if the big12 commissioner didn't mess up and say they were co champs, Baylor is in the playoffs.

bleudog

Kev's editorial from Monday's EDNT:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Turner article in the EDNT:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

bleudog

December 15, 2014, 09:56:26 pm #74 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:01:12 pm by bleudog
From THE GRIDIRON VAULT Facebook page:

"HOLYFIELD FINISHES CAREER AS SCHOOL'S TOP PASSER
December 15, 2014 at 9:06pm

Randall Holyfield two year career as Junction City quarterback came to an end Saturday night in War Memorial Stadium with another state title. His totals in several sections of the Dragon Record Book will be extremely hard to beat.

Holyfield finished as the school's leader in several passing categories including most yards passing, most touchdown passes, most passing attempts and completions.  His final career totals read like this: 151 completions out of 269 attempts for 2,930 yards and 53 touchdowns. Holyfield threw only 6 interceptions in his career.

Many Dragon fans will remember his  first half performance against Bearden this season. Holyfield was 10 of 12 passing for 255 yards and 6 touchdowns.  It was one of the best performances a Dragon quarterback had in a big game.

But the most impressive numbers are this. As a starting quarterback for the Dragons, he was 26 - 0. He started 26 games and never lost a game. He also lead the Dragons to two state titles.

Those numbers alone, will be hard to beat."

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on December 15, 2014, 09:56:26 pm
From THE GRIDIRON VAULT Facebook page:

"HOLYFIELD FINISHES CAREER AS SCHOOL'S TOP PASSER
December 15, 2014 at 9:06pm

Randall Holyfield two year career as Junction City quarterback came to an end Saturday night in War Memorial Stadium with another state title. His totals in several sections of the Dragon Record Book will be extremely hard to beat.

Holyfield finished as the school's leader in several passing categories including most yards passing, most touchdown passes, most passing attempts and completions.  His final career totals read like this: 151 completions out of 269 attempts for 2,930 yards and 53 touchdowns. Holyfield threw only 6 interceptions in his career.

Many Dragon fans will remember his  first half performance against Bearden this season. Holyfield was 10 of 12 passing for 255 yards and 6 touchdowns.  It was one of the best performances a Dragon quarterback had in a big game.

But the most impressive numbers are this. As a starting quarterback for the Dragons, he was 26 - 0. He started 26 games and never lost a game. He also lead the Dragons to two state titles.

Those numbers alone, will be hard to beat."
Congratulations Mr. Holyfield.....

cuz

Junction City has always been rich in sports participation. Here is a picture of the 1968-69 football team. I believe there was around 34, two of the managers were players who had injuries prohibiting them to play that year. There was 42 seniors that year. The other 3 grades, 11,10 and 9th had about 40 in each class also. That was with participation from all the La. parishes.  A lot of players for a small school. Participation hasn't ever been a problem in Junction City. When boys are born they stamp, Football or Baseball and a few Basketball on their forehead.

FYI
This team held the record for the least amount of points scored, "13", in a regular season till 2008 when that team only allowed, "12".

dart

bleudog

bleudog

All State

2A 8
B Jamond Young Bearden
L Josh Armstrong Junction City
L Jamario Bell Junction City
B Jaquis Dancy Junction City
L Taylor Mason Junction City

B Jeffery Jones Woodlawn

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Football/All_State/FOOTBALL_AllState_2014.pdf

bleudog

December 20, 2014, 01:41:48 pm #80 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:15:43 pm by bleudog
JA update:   CLICK HERE

Wilson

I do believe i recognize one of those coaches in that old picture Cuz ;)

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on December 20, 2014, 08:45:31 pm
I do believe i recognize one of those coaches in that old picture Cuz ;)
Thought you might like that Wilson, brought back a bunch of memories.........

bleudog

Astate37

Quote from: bleudog on December 23, 2014, 11:51:38 am
2014 highlight video: 

Oooooooweeeeeee! That's some good stuff right there!!! Where's my helmet at Coach?!?  ;D haha Good job Dragons, another great year!

cuz

bleudog

Dancy and Bell named to ADG ALL-ARKANSAS PREPS FIRST-TEAMS:

CLICK HERE

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on December 28, 2014, 05:36:52 pm
Dancy and Bell named to ADG ALL-ARKANSAS PREPS FIRST-TEAMS:

CLICK HERE
Congratulations to Mr. Dancy and Mr. Bell......

bleudog

Well, here's a Dragon/Razorback who left the high school and college fields winning his last games at those levels.

bleudog

Junction City to host Night of Champions

On Tuesday, January 20, Junction City will host a Night of Champions steak dinner to honor the Dragons winning their third straight 2A state championship.
    The event will be held in the Junction City cafeteria from 6-9 p.m., and each athlete's steak dinner is paid for.
    Beginning at 6 p.m., there will be a silent auction, and a preview of the items that will be auctioned will be shown on the school's website and Facebook page once finalized.
    A Mossberg 935 3.5" waterfowl edition gun and a signed Dragon football helmet will be raffled during the steak dinner. Tickets for the raffle are $2 and can be purchased from any football player.
    Only 150 tickets at $20 each are available. The deadline to purchase tickets for the steak dinner is Friday, January 16.
    All proceeds go towards the purchase of championship rings.
    For more information, please call (870) 924-4576.

bleudog

Dancy and Armstrong named two of five finalist for the EDNT's football player of the year:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

State Championship items for sale by Image One!
Order deadline is Friday, January 23!
Return order and money to the JCHS office.

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2014-2015/JunctionCityOrderForm14.pdf

bleudog

January 12, 2015, 10:11:31 pm #92 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:56:09 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bleudog on December 03, 2014, 09:19:46 am
Election to finance multiple contruction projects scheduled for February 10, 2015:  CLICK HERE

Please get the word out.

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2014, 09:12:18 am
A little more info on the bond election for the construction projects:  CLICK HERE

Architect's rendering of the largest of the construction projects associated with the February 10th election:

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2014-2015/Power%20point%20tax%20millage.pdf

dragondad

I laughed at the fact that the women get 17 bathroom stalls and 6 sinks while the men get 4 urinals, 5 stalls, and 4 sinks. So much for not having to wait in line at halftime. LOL!

bleudog

January 13, 2015, 07:02:52 am #94 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:06:14 am by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on January 12, 2015, 11:58:01 pm
I laughed at the fact that the women get 17 bathroom stalls and 6 sinks while the men get 4 urinals, 5 stalls, and 4 sinks. So much for not having to wait in line at halftime. LOL!

Well now DD, the good Lord, in his infinite wisdom, decided on different "plumbing" designs for his creations that we mortals have to factor into our creations. ;D.

But to be fair and balanced, please remind the good folks of FF what the "facilities capacities" at the football field and current gym are now. :'(

bleudog

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM FIRST TEAM OFFENSE:

QB - Ty Storey - Charleston
RB - D.J. Brown - North Little Rock
RB - Jaqwis Dancy - Junction City
WR - K.J. Hill - North Little Rock
WR - La'Michael Pettway - Nashville
WR - Darveon Brown - Warren
TE - C.J. O'Grady - Fayetteville
OL - Colton Jackson - Conway
OL - Ean Pfeifer - Bentonville
OL - Cameron Davis - Bryant
OL - Dylan Soehner - Prarie Grove

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM FIRST TEAM DEFENSE:

DL - Jamario Bell - Junction City
DL - Luc Bequette - Little Rock Catholic
DL - Austin Capps - Star City
DL - McTelvin Agim - Hope
LB - Deontre Hardwick - Ft. Smith Northside
LB - Tyler Phillips - North Little Rock
LB - Ian Jackson - Fayetteville
DB - Dre Greenlaw - Fayetteville
DB - David Beasley - Pine Bluff
DB - Juwuan Campbell - Ft. Smith Southside
DB - Jake Ferguson - Cabot

FIRST TEAM SPECIAL TEAMS/ATHLETE:

ATH - Avery Johnson - Highland
K/P - Chris Qualls - Searcy

https://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1724710

thabeast428

I don't see how Josh Armstrong could be left out on defense if anything he played better than Bell imo. Nthn against Bell but just saying

Wilson

Your probably right. . but I'm thinking that Bell got on it because of the number if stars by his name and his offer from UA. . and theres nothing wrong with that. .it happens everywhere the same way. .  Part of the prep/college recruiting machine

THA TRUTH

Yea but the states top recruit to some will gragg was left off

bleudog

Quote from: THA TRUTH on January 13, 2015, 09:50:58 pm
Yea but the states top recruit to some will gragg was left off

More like left down.

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM SECOND TEAM OFFENSE.
QB - Ross Trail - Wynne
RB - Hekili Keliiliki - Bentonville
RB - Damarea Crockett - Little Rock Christian
WR - Jaylon Marshall - Warren
WR - Will Hastings - Pulaski Academy
WR - Deon Stewart - Highland
TE - Will Gragg - Dumas
OL - Austin Blair - North Little Rock
OL - Devante Lovett - Strong
OL - Will Sewell - Pulaski Academy
OL - Nick Houston - Greenwood

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM SECOND TEAM DEFENSE.
DL - Daytrieon Dean - Ft. Smith Northside
DL - Rickey Dobbins - Springdale Har-Ber
DL - Cameron Murray - Bryant
DL - Immanuel Turner - Magnolia
LB - Grant Morgan - Greenwood
LB - Parker Witt - Dardanelle
LB - Malcolm Williams - Little Rock Central
DB - Elmore Hempstead - Smackover
DB - Byron Keaton - Camden-Fairview
DB - Nick Ingram - Maumelle
DB - Austin Henderson -Springdale Har-Ber

SECOND TEAM SPECIAL TEAMS/ATHLETE.