• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Ten Boys

Started by BasketballFan2A, November 03, 2017, 08:21:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

birddawg1986

Earle is the best no doubt. Think they start playing Monday night. Lighthouse is probably 2 and the rest we will have to wait until after Xmas to see who all pans out after football injuries heal and BB shape takes place

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on November 12, 2017, 04:42:23 pm
Ctucker, did you go the game. Mad props for WCC, I know Tuckerman is the real deal.
no sir I didn't make it to game but heard it was a dog fight!

Ctucker

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 12, 2017, 04:46:29 pm
Earle is the best no doubt. Think they start playing Monday night. Lighthouse is probably 2 and the rest we will have to wait until after Xmas to see who all pans out after football injuries heal and BB shape takes place
No way lighthouse is 2!But your right about Earle!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I will see Earle Tuesday night.

old.dole

Pick hows that new coach doing up there

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 12, 2017, 10:46:32 pm
I will see Earle Tuesday night.
Did Earle get beat out in football? If not you want see Earle at full strength.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Ctucker on November 13, 2017, 06:39:15 am
Did Earle get beat out in football? If not you want see Earle at full strength.
No.... Earle had a bye in week one of the playoffs. They should be at full strength for this time of year. I think GB is the only football player who plays basketball and he normally doesn't start playing hoops until after Xmas.

Ctucker

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 13, 2017, 07:28:33 am
No.... Earle had a bye in week one of the playoffs. They should be at full strength for this time of year. I think GB is the only football player who plays basketball and he normally doesn't start playing hoops until after Xmas.
Ok didn't know that I figured more played football!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: old.dole on November 13, 2017, 06:13:42 am
Pick hows that new coach doing up there

Not sure yet, haven't played a game yet.

old.dole

In your opinions what site or paper would have the most accurate ranking for basketball. Since there is no hootens where would be the best place to go to get a top 10 or 20?

birddawg1986

December 04, 2017, 07:38:21 am #60 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:52:40 pm by birddawg1986
Boys Top 7:

1. Earle
2. Marked Tree
3. Clardendon
4. Bearden
5. Parkers Chapel
6. Blevins
7. White Co

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: old.dole on December 03, 2017, 10:52:58 am
In your opinions what site or paper would have the most accurate ranking for basketball. Since there is no hootens where would be the best place to go to get a top 10 or 20?

Once everybody has enough games, MaxPreps will have rankings on their site. It's all computer-generated, based on W/L, margin of victory, and strength of schedule (I think). It has its flaws, but it's generally pretty good and I find it interesting to look at, at least.

Here's my top 10 with the caveat that some of these teams haven't played many games yet.

1. Clarendon
2. Marked Tree
3. Earle
4. White County Central
5. Mountain Pine
6. Parkers Chapel
7. Quitman
8. Blevins
9. EPC
10. Marmaduke

old.dole

I looked on max preps and it had teams ranked based on what looked like wins and losses but probably just because there are still teams with only a few games

Mr. Trill

The newspaper is the best bet to find actual good rankings

old.dole

MomaLion

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 04, 2017, 04:20:13 pm
Once everybody has enough games, MaxPreps will have rankings on their site. It's all computer-generated, based on W/L, margin of victory, and strength of schedule (I think). It has its flaws, but it's generally pretty good and I find it interesting to look at, at least.

Here's my top 10 with the caveat that some of these teams haven't played many games yet.

1. Clarendon
2. Marked Tree
3. Earle
4. White County Central
5. Mountain Pine
6. Parkers Chapel
7. Quitman
8. Blevins
9. EPC
10. Marmaduke

I like this top 10  ;D

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: birddawg1986 on December 04, 2017, 07:38:21 am
Boys Top 7:

1. Earle
2. Marked Tree
3. Clardendon
4. Bearden
5. Parkers Chapel
6. Blevins
7. White Co

I like this top 7 looks good

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 04, 2017, 04:20:13 pm

1. Clarendon
2. Marked Tree
3. Earle
4. White County Central
5. Mountain Pine
6. Parkers Chapel
7. Quitman
8. Blevins
9. EPC
10. Marmaduke

I like this top 10 but I do feel WCC is ranked a little high. I would say the same about Mountain Pine but they are looking pretty good. Still maybe a little high for right now

Ctucker

I think Blevins is to high!

Ctucker

Blevins lost to lavaca last year in state lavaca come in 4th in our region they got beat pretty in our region.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on December 05, 2017, 11:11:07 am
Blevins lost to lavaca last year in state lavaca come in 4th in our region they got beat pretty in our region.

That was 9 months ago

Ba$ketballFan54321

Yeah I debated about putting White County that high but they do have a strong resume so far. They're a well-coached bunch.

And Mountain Pine isn't a household name but they've been playing great ball. Same for Blevins. Maybe their schedule hasn't been as strong but they've been winning pretty easily. There's something to be said for that. Both teams have their core back from last year and I'm not surprised to see them building on last year's success.

Bearden_Bear72

Head coach of PC is close family to me so I will be attending PC games this year and they have the pieces to make a playoff team.  I watched them in Fordyce Tourn championship against bearden and it was a great game!  I really thought Parker's Chapel players had good basketball knowledge and chemistry was great in half court passing.  Need to handle pressure a little better.  Bearden was the more athletic team and that why they stayed in game.  From what I saw they just wanted to drive to goal and try to draw a foul even if they had no chance to make shot.  Very wild and un-unorganized but coach Hammonds knows his game and his players, he will have that straitened out by mid season.  They were also missing a big player on their team

Bearden_Bear72

I don't know much about different teams apart from how far they made it last year so I won't make a top ten.  I'll just say that both PC and Bearden eventually can make some noise

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 05, 2017, 11:20:44 am
That was 9 months ago
Did Blevins get some move ins if not I think there ranked to high. WCC has 4 returning starters and 6-7 boy come back home from Riverview then we got 3 that moved up from district championships so why would Blevins think they should be ranked above WCC! Besides that Earle is number 1 until somebody mocks them of that spot. Here is my top seven right now! 1Earle 2Marktree3 PC or Bearden 5 WCC 6Clarendon 7 lavaca

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on December 05, 2017, 12:28:38 pm
Did Blevins get some move ins if not I think there ranked to high. WCC has 4 returning starters and 6-7 boy come back home from Riverview then we got 3 that moved up from district championships so why would Blevins think they should be ranked above WCC! Besides that Earle is number 1 until somebody mocks them of that spot. Here is my top seven right now! 1Earle 2Marktree3 PC or Bearden 5 WCC 6Clarendon 7 lavaca

Marked tree beat Earle by 20...and the Earle posters(before they went into hiding) claimed the football team wouldn't help much this year?

And Blevins returned the whole team I believe

Ba$ketballFan54321

Yeah I was gonna say... Marked Tree has already beat Earle. But I do think that they're both right there at the top. And yes I think Blevins has everybody back.
Who does Lavaca have back? Is this year's team supposed to be as good as last year?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 05, 2017, 12:46:42 pm
Yeah I was gonna say... Marked Tree has already beat Earle. But I do think that they're both right there at the top. And yes I think Blevins has everybody back.
Who does Lavaca have back? Is this year's team supposed to be as good as last year?

Lavaca brought back 5 as well....and has a decent bench from what I'm hearing

dentist15

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 05, 2017, 01:16:30 pm
Lavaca brought back 5 as well....and has a decent bench from what I'm hearing

Off to a slow start so far this year. Somehow dropped in to the last place game in their own tournament last week, and one of their two best players (Eck) has been battling an ankle injury (has taken him out of two games so far this year, and the coach is sitting him until it heals better). Lavaca should be fine come Jan/Feb, and it doesn't hurt that their conference/district is weak. So they should be able to make Regionals and State fairly easily...

Ctucker

I think if y'all look at last year and you will see that Earle lost a few early. But I promise you they will be ready at state. And I'm glad Blevins has everybody back from a team that really wasn't that good.But I look for lavaca to make a run when they get everybody healthy.

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: Ctucker on December 05, 2017, 02:17:51 pm
I think if y'all look at last year and you will see that Earle lost a few early. But I promise you they will be ready at state. And I'm glad Blevins has everybody back from a team that really wasn't that good.But I look for lavaca to make a run when they get everybody healthy.

Oh I have no doubt that Earle will be ready for state. And Lavaca should be fine as well. Not sure how you can say Blevins "really wasn't that good" though. Compared to who? They won 20 games and made state so they must have been beating somebody haha

Ctucker

I would say compared to Earle,Marktree,WCC,Bearden and Clarendon!

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: Ctucker on December 05, 2017, 02:44:46 pm
I would say compared to Earle,Marktree,WCC,Bearden and Clarendon!

Haha okay well of course, I can't really argue with that! I had all of those teams (except Bearden) ranked at the top of my top 10 that I posted earlier. Blevins isn't quite in that tier of teams.

Ctucker

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 05, 2017, 02:54:47 pm
Haha okay well of course, I can't really argue with that! I had all of those teams (except Bearden) ranked at the top of my top 10 that I posted earlier. Blevins isn't quite in that tier of teams.
There is to many of y'all Basketballfans

PapaHog

My take on Blevins remains the same. They are a good team, but not a title contender. I think that's where he's going. They are beatable.

BasketballFan2A

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ctucker on December 05, 2017, 12:28:38 pm

Y'all lost the big guy from last years team, or you could say whole offense

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ctucker on December 05, 2017, 02:17:51 pm

Let Lavaca Or WCC play Blevins, Dub for Blevins. Let the game talk not your blabbering mouth.

Ctucker

I'm sure we would play them anytime your the one that started the mouthing!

Ctucker

You have your opionion and I gave mine get over it! Lavaca did play y'all last year with same players and it wasn't good for y'all!

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ctucker on December 06, 2017, 06:16:24 am
You have your opionion and I gave mine get over it! Lavaca did play y'all last year with same players and it wasn't good for y'all!

It wasn't good for Blevins? It was like a 9 point game. Yeah Blevins has everyone back and they are way better than last year. Exactly you have your opinion I have mine.

Ctucker

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on December 06, 2017, 08:31:33 am
It wasn't good for Blevins? It was like a 9 point game. Yeah Blevins has everyone back and they are way better than last year. Exactly you have your opinion I have mine.
So I guess you think we are not better than last year. We played all summer and practice all the time!

NEark tigers

December 06, 2017, 10:39:06 am #92 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:45:18 am by NEark tigers
Quote from: BirdCall on November 03, 2017, 11:53:17 pm
Not sure if Earle would have beat ECS the 3A state champions lasy year just saying they had a deep team as well. Guy from the 1A is also a tough team.
They would have beaten ECS, Earle beat ECS at Harrison in the 2016 Lendel Thomas Classic

Ctucker

1.Blevins 2 Earle 3 Marktree 4 Bearden 5 Clarendon  6 Parkers chapel 7EPC 8 lavaca 9 Quitman 10Mountain pine that my new top ten. There you go Basketballfan2

PapaHog

Hey CTuck, Parkers Chapel beat Bearden. May want to adjust those rankings.

Ctucker

Quote from: PapaHog on December 06, 2017, 10:52:14 pm
Hey CTuck, Parkers Chapel beat Bearden. May want to adjust those rankings.
I just done that real quick to make  basketballfan2.Thats not really my top ten! Lol

dentist15

Quote from: Ctucker on December 06, 2017, 06:04:39 pm
1.Blevins 2 Earle 3 Marktree 4 Bearden 5 Clarendon  6 Parkers chapel 7EPC 8 lavaca 9 Quitman 10Mountain pine that my new top ten. There you go Basketballfan2

In addition to the obvious joke at the top, it'd be hard to include Lavaca in the top 10 right now (and I'm a Lavaca fan). Definitely not  playing too well as of late, but they should in good shape by January.

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ctucker on December 06, 2017, 06:04:39 pm

Blevins is by far not number one, 5 or 6 but nice looking top ten

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ctucker on December 07, 2017, 06:01:38 am
I just done that real quick to make  basketballfan2.Thats not really my top ten! Lol

You act 12 kiddo

BasketballFan2A

Lavaca #16th in Maxpreps class 2a rankings.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas