• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Nicknames

Started by BasketballNeverStops, March 09, 2018, 03:51:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

March 09, 2018, 03:51:58 am Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:55:20 pm by BasketballNeverStops
This was a thread that had me rolling a couple of years ago and I thought it should be revisited. We definitely need nicknames for Carlton from MVE and McCandlis from Izard County, considering they are both new state finalists.
Nearly everyone knows of these by now, but these are my all-time favorites:
John "The Godfather" Hutchcraft (Eleven rings, thirteen if you count softball. 'NUFF SAID. Be on the lookout for Sonic billboards in Cleburne and Faulkner County endorsing the legendary Big Sack)
Charles "The Boss" Brady (Looking forward to telling my grand kiddies about the legendary '83 crew, even though they were before my time)
Eddie "Show Me the Money" Hipp (The Boss's partner in crime. One of the few coaches to ever beat the Godfather in a state finals showdown.)
Keith "Corncob" Cornett (Recently eclipsed 500 career wins, 3-400 of which came from playing stall ball)
Timothy "Vladimir" Hooten (Summons the spirits of coaches past to inherit screaming abilities. Keep an eye out for a man playing a alphorn in the Ricola commercials. That will be him)
Len "Designer Jeans" Harris: (You're gonna like the way you look, Len guarantees it.) 
Johnny "Basketball" Taylor (Holds coaching record for most changed zip codes in a career)
Keith "5 O'Clock Shadow" Brown (Take a drink for every time you see this man get down in a kneeling position with his signature blue towel around his neck)
Shane "El Dazzler" Davis (Caution: Known to perform back flips if opponent buries a clutch shot)
Cody "Auriemma" Richey (Show me a better dressed man in Class A. Augusta National Golf club called, they want that green jacket back.)
Jeff "Belt Buckle" Whitaker (Deflating basketballs with his belt in a gym near you)
Justin "X and O" Rogers (Former overseer of the "Raj Mahal", Stephen Colbert's long lost twin)
Kyle "House of Pain" Payne (Basketball program at Nemo took a bigger dive than when Felix Baumgartner broke the skydiving record in 2012)
Jeremy "Simon Says" Simon (Will continue to compete for state titles even in the retirement home years)
Drew "Ginga Ninja" Blocker (Best beard game in all of Class A)
Rocky "Balboa" Dodson ("Yo, Adrian! We didn't do it!")
Marty "Moon Pie" Smith (Eat a Moon Pie, because you're not you when you're hungry)
Irv "The Perv" Fairfield (Coaches at Concord for several years, drinks the Kool-Aid at Dover, returns to Cleburne County to coach at West Side for a year. *Slowly hands him "one free pass" card*)
Donald "Don't Call Me Dabo" Swiney (Ultimate basketball security guard. If you think you'll be getting some shots up during the halftime before your game, you've got another thing coming under the watchful eye of this man. Don't even set a foot on the floor.)
Bradley "Johnny Jr." Moss (A true Johnny Basketball disciple, from the playbook to the temper)
Tim "Mr. T" Smith (He pities the fool that gives him a tech)
Benny "Old School" Harris (The Southern Arkansas version of the Godfather)
Joe "Break My Heart" Brunson (Easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than to punch a ticket to Spa City)

Feel free to add your favorites.

Backboard Shattered

NO one need to ever wonder why BNS is inside the inner circle!  Unbelievable great post! 

Backboard Shattered

We have left off Double Bs at Midland Beck and Barber

Flobbito

March 09, 2018, 07:19:13 am #3 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:26:39 am by Flobbito
"Calm" Adam Carlton, and call the MVE gym "The Ritz"

SackAttack

JimmyChitwood

Scott "I'll mow your lawn" Whillock
Trey "Stomp the bug" Berry
Greg "how many timeouts" Bradford

FromTheBench

We need to take into account for Carlton that he likes to stare at the opposing coaches after one of his miraculous plays un-ravel. Adam "The Glare" Carlton...Then there's all the fist pumping..

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 09, 2018, 09:44:33 am
We need to take into account for Carlton that he likes to stare at the opposing coaches after one of his miraculous plays un-ravel. Adam "The Glare" Carlton...Then there's all the fist pumping..
YES!! I've seen him do both many times!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 09, 2018, 09:42:14 am
Scott "I'll mow your lawn" Whillock
Trey "Stomp the bug" Berry
Greg "how many timeouts" Bradford
Very good!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on March 09, 2018, 04:19:23 am
NO one need to ever wonder why BNS is inside the inner circle!  Unbelievable great post!
Appreciate it Backboard! It's an honor to be in the inner circle!

Flobbito

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 09, 2018, 09:44:33 am

Adam "The Upper Cut" Carlton?

JimmyChitwood

Also Josh "set plays only" Laymon

Flobbito

Who's got one for Damon Teas?

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 09, 2018, 12:48:27 pm
Who's got one for Damon Teas?
Damon "bobble head" Tease.
Josh "Christmas is my favorite holiday" Zarlingo.
Keith "don't touch my towel" Brown.

not so slim shady

Here's a few more......

Brandon "Double Bacon Cheese" Burgener
Malcolm "Reverse the Ball" Long
Drew "Red Slacks" Blocker
Jerod "I got T'ed up at halftime when literally no one was on the court" Squires
***The above nickname was sponsored by Todd "Mr. Clean" Garrett***
Mike "The Silent Assassin" Simmons

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 09, 2018, 01:41:55 pm
Damon "bobble head" Tease.
Josh "Christmas is my favorite holiday" Zarlingo.
Keith "don't touch my towel" Brown.

Josh "Quit Asking Me What Grade I'm In" Zarlingo

BasketballNeverStops

Brad "Just Win It Baby" Brannon (Johnny's former partner in crime at Weiner. Brandong once had more assistants on the bench than any 7A school I had ever seen.)

Scout404

March 10, 2018, 08:38:11 am #17 Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:54:46 am by Scout404
Adam "Too close" Carlton.   
Been on a close game winning streak...

FromTheBench

Damon "don't ruin the program" Teas

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 12, 2018, 10:51:47 am
Damon "don't ruin the program" Teas

Wonder if he's invested in any rental property in guy yet

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 12, 2018, 11:11:57 am
Wonder if he's invested in any rental property in guy yet
If he doesn't, they are gonna have a rude awakening.

Eagle_Mom_2

Keith "Get me another hand towel" Brown
Brad "High Top J's" Brannen
Damon "Sloppy Seconds" Teas
Josh "Please don't card me" Zarlingo
Greg "the buffest in the business" Bradford
Brandon "Lettuce tomato and mayo on my" Burgoner
Timothy "Howlin' and a-" Hooten

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas