• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England Football

Started by RockZilla, January 08, 2018, 10:10:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RockZilla

Heard from numerous players from England that there Coach has been removed had Football Coach. Any Truth to this?

coachsearch

big E

southarkdaddy

I hope this isnt true.  This is going to make England look really really bad. 

mrknowitall

I have heard this as the truth. England looks bad in this deal.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mrknowitall on January 08, 2018, 03:16:03 pm
I have heard this as the truth. England looks bad in this deal.

How?

MagicMike

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 08, 2018, 06:13:10 pm
How?

Reassigning a coach 6 months after his first year on the job. Had a decent year considering it was the rebuild of a lifetime.

purpleswag

We should probably wait for the particulars before throwing stones

jsky14

Quote from: purpleswag on January 08, 2018, 07:15:15 pm
We should probably wait for the particulars before throwing stones
He's got it.

mrknowitall

Didn't they have to reopen this job last year because no one would take it?

mhfcharlesi

Any word on why this job is Open so soon?

southarkdaddy

Are we sure it's open?  Or is this just speculation?

Pat Swilling

Didn't England have really low #'s this season?

hogwild_82

January 10, 2018, 12:01:04 pm #13 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:31:14 pm by hogwild_82
Doesn't really matter. It was the guy's first year. The Junior High team was decently successful from the looks of things. Its to be expected that following the group Coach Farmer had they would be down a little. Almost had a winning season, almost won a playoff game.... Something seems really fishy here. Surely someone knows whats going on that can spill the beans. Although... it is good that fans, parents, or players aren't on here bashing the program. From the people I know that know the guy they say he is a good guy, parent, and coach. I am just really unsure of this situation....

BigLion10

As our most of us here in England as of right now that's why no one is really saying much because we don't know what happened

RockZilla

Players have said he told them last Friday he was getting reassigned.

RockZilla

Also heard that all but one board member wanted him gone.

coachsearch

Interesting since it is only posted on here and not on a "job site"

STUNNA

I am best friends with the head coach. He will no longer be the head coach of the England Lions. It's a tough situation because Coach Garret and his family have invested so much time into these young men and the community. They basically wanted him to be a puppet on a string and he refused. It was his program and he wanted to run it his way. Basically 3 pathetic soles in the England community are the reason England is looking for a new head coach who had a very solid season considering what they lost the year previously. England made a mistake and it will hurt them for the years going forward. More than anything Coach Garret is mad for his players more than himself. England just lost a good one. 

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 01:59:30 pm
I am best friends with the head coach. He will no longer be the head coach of the England Lions. It’s a tough situation because Coach Garret and his family have invested so much time into these young men and the community. They basically wanted him to be a puppet on a string and he refused. It was his program and he wanted to run it his way. Basically 3 pathetic soles in the England community are the reason England is looking for a new head coach who had a very solid season considering what they lost the year previously. England made a mistake and it will hurt them for the years going forward. More than anything Coach Garret is mad for his players more than himself. England just lost a good one. 

Man this sucks.....

He will land somewhere good though.

Any chance you think he comes on home for a position?

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on January 10, 2018, 02:03:37 pm
Man this sucks.....

He will land somewhere good though.

Any chance you think he comes on home for a position?

When the opportunity arises he will come home. As of now i don't think they have an opening. At least in Warren he will get treated the correct way.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 02:09:56 pm
When the opportunity arises he will come home. As of now i don’t think they have an opening. At least in Warren he will get treated the correct way.
What about Drew Central?

RockZilla

I heard it was two board members that are kin somehow and the also got into a cussing fight while a england player was being treated for a neck injury on the field as they were standing over this young man waiting to be taken off the field. I think coach Garrett deserves more time.  It with snakes on the board thinking the are somebody this is what you get. Apparently it's not about the kids it about the own fat ego.

STUNNA

Quote from: Oldman on January 10, 2018, 02:50:04 pm
What about Drew Central?
Drew Central has been brought up. But not sure if he will apply or not.

STUNNA

Quote from: RockZilla on January 10, 2018, 03:02:47 pm
I heard it was two board members that are kin somehow and the also got into a cussing fight while a england player was being treated for a neck injury on the field as they were standing over this young man waiting to be taken off the field. I think coach Garrett deserves more time.  It with snakes on the board thinking the are somebody this is what you get. Apparently it's not about the kids it about the own fat ego.

3 fat egos... basically their complaint and whining is because they thought the team was un organized and underperformed. From everything i saw and with the talent they lost off last years team they finished where they should have. Egos kids must have not got enough playing time it sounds like.

southarkdaddy

If England felt like they "settled" for that coach because nobody else wanted the job, who do they think is going to want to apply for it now?  Looking over your shoulder for a board member isn't the most attractive thing in the world.  Is Farmer coming back?

big E

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 10, 2018, 04:13:32 pm
If England felt like they "settled" for that coach because nobody else wanted the job, who do they think is going to want to apply for it now?  Looking over your shoulder for a board member isn't the most attractive thing in the world.  Is Farmer coming back?
I can tell you that Farmer is not coming back. He feels real bad for Matt .

RockZilla

I doubt very seriously Terry Farmer would come back. I have heard that Garrett was not there original choice but they hired him they should have a little class and give him a chance. But undoubtedly they are know more in the there minds then anybody else.

STUNNA

No disrespect to the community or players... but i hope this bites the board members where the sun don't shine.

couch-coach06

When I first got Into teaching a man told me "son it don't matter how many degrees or how much you know when it comes down too it your still working for 5 pulp wood haulers " lol

purpleswag

Quote from: RockZilla on January 10, 2018, 05:07:22 pm
I doubt very seriously Terry Farmer would come back. I have heard that Garrett was not there original choice but they hired him they should have a little class and give him a chance. But undoubtedly they are know more in the there minds then anybody else.

What?

RockZilla

mrknowitall

Such a double standard in hiring and firing. If you fire or get rid of a person you hired a year ago, maybe the people that hired him should go. They obviously didn't do a good job of filtering and finding the best person for the job...obviously if the person does something that you couldn't foresee happening(Petrino motorcycle) this wouldn't be the case.

purpleswag

Quote from: mrknowitall on January 10, 2018, 08:59:45 pm
Such a double standard in hiring and firing. If you fire or get rid of a person you hired a year ago, maybe the people that hired him should go. They obviously didn't do a good job of filtering and finding the best person for the job...obviously if the person does something that you couldn't foresee happening(Petrino motorcycle) this wouldn't be the case.

The school board is voted on by the community but I'm not sure how long their term is.

Beaver Fever

It is but most of the time people run uncontested.  Should be rules about being on the school board if you have kids in the district.  Most of the time it is just to promote their own agenda.  Also, there should be some sort of qualification to be on the board.  I've known several that could barely run their own household let alone the school district.  Sadly, more often then not, it is a bunch of "pulp wood haulers".

purpleswag

Quote from: Beaver Fever on January 11, 2018, 07:48:25 am
It is but most of the time people run uncontested.  Should be rules about being on the school board if you have kids in the district.  Most of the time it is just to promote their own agenda.  Also, there should be some sort of qualification to be on the board.  I've known several that could barely run their own household let alone the school district.  Sadly, more often then not, it is a bunch of "pulp wood haulers".

I'm sure that for the most part people who run for school board are really honest nice people who care about their community. It is very unfortunate that sometimes you get some turds in the punch bowl. The problem with what you're suggesting, which I completely agree with, is in practice it's not possible. Most of the time the people that run uncontested because they are the only people that want to put in the time to do so.

mrknowitall

The school board approved the hire, but they don't make the recommendation. Someone did the interviewing, and hired the coach twice. Once as an asst and then as the head coach. So if he was let go, then those people made a bad hire twice. So, maybe they are the problem.

HorseFeathers

....or maybe their is more to the story than we know

MagicMike

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 11, 2018, 04:44:53 pm
....or maybe their is more to the story than we know

I dont think there is

STUNNA

mrknowitall

From what I'm hearing there isn't anymore to the story!

lionfan59

incogneto

I know they have been through a bunch of coaches in the 12 years I have been paying attention.  That's not a good thing. 

Firebird

Kudos to the school board members that are kin. Rather than save "face", maybe giving the newest coach with the shortest history a chance would have been an option rather than school board members possying up and running off (yet another) an energetic young coach with a lot of potential for growth-a great combination of new & old faces working together to rebuild what was gone.

As previously stated,  Garrett wasn't your first choice, but hey, he did attempt to work with what he had. Can England's school board say that?

After losing around eighteen young men to graduation last year, our boys gave all they had, often limping to the emergency room with different injuries, which in turn knocked them out of playing as hard as they could in any position and causing yet more injuries. How big a man do you have to be to argue over an injured player when you claim to be there for their medical needs?

Did that please England's school board? Obviously not.

Fortunately, we had people able to save "face" and reassign yet another coach so school board members could continue playing chess with still more lives. Way to go, "faces".

One last thought... School board elections are open. Anyone can run, not just the people intent on repeatedly running England's reputation into the ground.

Incognito got it right. Twelve years of coaching changes? Not looking good on ya, England powers that be.

mrknowitall

Barbaree, farmer and garrett. Who else has been there.

jsky14

January 14, 2018, 10:38:14 am #45 Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:36:32 am by jsky14
Garett-1 year
Farmer-5
Barbaree-3
Mike Morrison-2
Tom Emory-1.

Most left on their own.
As best I recall.

lionfan59

Sky. Morrison was reassigned also then left after the school year.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: jsky14 on January 14, 2018, 10:38:14 am
Garett-1 year
Farmer-5
Barbaree-3
Mike Morrison-2
Tom Emory-1.

Most left on their own.
As best I recall.

Farmer knew talent level was going to drop, can't blame him for that.

Brandon Barbaree has had a ridiculous number of jobs.

The other two, I have no idea.

Coach Garrett will land on his feet, England will bring in a good coach.  Situation stinks, but its part of the business.

Previous poster called out board members - the Cheeks obviously - but it would have taken more than two votes to make a move and usually an administrator recommends such action.  Unfortunate, but its happened many places in addition to England.

incogneto

They need to just go hire Darryl Burnett and stay out of his way. 

HorseFeathers

I thought far mer relocated to Michigan or somewhere else up north

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas