• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boys 4-4A District Tournament @ Booneville

Started by 3 Dollar, February 07, 2013, 02:33:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

February 07, 2013, 02:33:59 pm Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:00:03 pm by 3 Dollar
4-4A District Tournament

Boys

#8 Mena-43
Game 1----------------#5 Dardanelle-47
#5 Dardanelle-45
                                Game 4---------------#4 Subiaco-50

#4 Subiaco-64         Game 6----------------#4 Subiaco-59

#1 Pottsville-49

Champions-Subiaco Trojans

#2 Maumelle-61

#3 Waldron-61        Game 5--------------#2 Maumelle-56

Game 3-------------#6 Booneville-50
#6 Booneville-55
Game 2-----------------#6 Booneville-63
#7 Dover-47

Game 1:  #8 Mena v #5 Dardanelle - 5:00pm, Monday, 2-11-13
Game 2:  #6 Booneville v #7 Dover - 7:30pm, Monday, 2-11-12
Game 3:  #3 Waldron v #6 Booneville - 5:45pm, Tuesday, 2-12-13
Game 4:  #4 Subiaco v #5 Dardanelle - 8:15pm, Tuesday, 2-12-13
Game 5:  #2 Maumelle v #6 Booneville - 5:45pm, Thursday, 2-14-13
Game 6:  #1 Pottsville v #4 Subiaco - 8:15pm, Thursday, 2-14-13
Championship Game:  #2 Maumelle v #4 Subiaco - 7:15pm, Saturday, 2-16-13 

#1 Seed to 4A North Region in Maumelle = Subiaco Trojans
#2 Seed to 4A North Region in Maumelle = Maumelle Hornets
#3 Seed to 4A North Region in Maumelle = Pottsville Apaches
#4 Seed to 4A North Region in Maumelle = Booneville Bearcats

3 Dollar

February 07, 2013, 02:47:52 pm #1 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:04:34 pm by 3 Dollar
I'm going to wait on the Girls Bracket cause there is just to many different scenarios that could play out.  What we know for sure is that Maumelle is the #1 Seed and Booneville is the #7 seed. 

#2 Seed could either be Dover or Pottsville. 
#3 Seed could be either Dover, Pottsville, or Dardanelle. 
#4 Seed could be Dardanelle, Pottsville, or Mena. 
#5 Seed could be Dardanelle, Mena, or Waldron. 
#6 Seed could be Mena or Waldron.

hasbeen03

If I'm reading this right, tomorrow's games decide #1 and #2 between Pottsville and Maumelle (boys). Maumelle has to beat Subiaco by at least 5 more points than Pottsville beats Mena to get the points advantage. Both beat each other by exactly 8 in head to head. Wow.

3 Dollar

February 07, 2013, 06:04:42 pm #3 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:11:08 pm by 3 Dollar
Quote from: hasbeen03 on February 07, 2013, 03:17:23 pm
If I'm reading this right, tomorrow's games decide #1 and #2 between Pottsville and Maumelle (boys). Maumelle has to beat Subiaco by at least 5 more points than Pottsville beats Mena to get the points advantage. Both beat each other by exactly 8 in head to head. Wow.

If Pottsville beats Mena by 7 or more, they will be the #1 Seed.  It won't matter what Maumelle does with Subiaco.  Ten (10) points is the maximum tie-breaker points a team can receive.

If Maumelle beats Subi by +10 and Pottsville beats Mena by 5 or less, then Maumelle gets the #1 Seed. 

If Maumelle beats Subi by +10 and Pottsville beats Mena by exactly 6 points, then there will be a coin flip.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 07, 2013, 02:47:52 pm
I'm going to wait on the Girls Bracket cause there is just to many different scenarios that could play out.  What we know for sure is that Maumelle is the #1 Seed and Booneville is the #8 #7 seed. 

Fixed that for ya.

3 Dollar

February 07, 2013, 09:04:19 pm #5 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:06:04 pm by 3 Dollar
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 07, 2013, 09:01:32 pm
Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 07, 2013, 02:47:52 pm
I'm going to wait on the Girls Bracket cause there is just to many different scenarios that could play out.  What we know for sure is that Maumelle is the #1 Seed and Booneville is the #8 #7 seed. 

Fixed that for ya.

Always good to have Malloy & Reed watchin ur back!

Hey 1A12, do you know the exact dates and game times for the tournament?

1-Adam-12

Malloy and Reed will be there for every game of the tournament. Will update with finals and highlights almost as soon as every game is over.

1-Adam-12

February 08, 2013, 12:39:56 pm #7 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:42:10 pm by 1-Adam-12
Boys #5 v #8 5:00 Mon.
Girls #6 v Booneville 6:30 Mon.
Boys #6 v #7 8:00 Mon.

Will post more tonight after the game. At that time I will have a bracket. This is just what I remember.

valleytiger

Girl Seeds

#1--Maumelle

#2--Dover

#3--Pottsville

#4--Dardanelle

#5--Waldron

#6--Mena

#7--Booneville

1-Adam-12

February 08, 2013, 09:53:51 pm #9 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:10:51 pm by 1-Adam-12
Boys Seeds

#1 Pottsville

#2 Maumelle

#3 Waldron

#4 Subiaco

#5 Dardanelle

#6 Booneville

#7 Dover

#8 Mena

apachemom

I don't think the Maumelle/Subi changes anything.  Pottsville had to win by 7 and they won by 10.

1-Adam-12

February 08, 2013, 10:01:21 pm #11 Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:54:30 am by 1-Adam-12
The games look like this.  All seeds are now settled.

Monday
Boys:  Dardanelle vs. Mena 5:00
Girls:  Mena vs. Booneville 6:15
Boys:  Booneville vs. Dover 7:30

Tuesday
Girls:  Pottsville vs. Mena/Booneville winner 4:30
Boys: Waldron vs. Booneville/Dover winner 5:45
Girls: Dardanelle vs. Waldron 7:00
Boys: Subiaco vs. Dardanelle/Mena winner 8:15

Thursday
Girls: Dover vs. 3/6/7 winner 4:30
Boys: Maumelle vs. 3/6/7 winner 5:45
Girls: Maumelle vs. Dardanelle/Waldron winner 7:00
Boys: Pottsville vs. 4/5/8 winner 8:15

Saturday:
Girls Final 6:00
Boys Final 7:15

1-Adam-12

February 08, 2013, 10:07:30 pm #12 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:09:51 pm by 1-Adam-12
Quote from: apachemom on February 08, 2013, 09:57:06 pm
I don't think the Maumelle/Subi changes anything.  Pottsville had to win by 7 and they won by 10.

Good call. Fixing that now. That also settled the 7/8.

3 Dollar

Fixed!

I'll work on the girls bracket in the morning!

valleytiger

After the regular season has finished here is my take on the District Tourney:

Boys

Obviously Pottsville and Maumelle have the edge and are automatically in the Regionals. I like both these teams to come out of the Regionals and go to the State tourney. We all know that it takes a little luck once you get to the State to win it all. I think both of these teams have the horses to play with anyone but will they get a little lucky every once and a while during this run remains to be seen. I think Waldron will come out of the district tourney to the Regional. After that I don't know who might step up and make the 4th team. I like the way Dardanelle is playing but I would not count out Subi. I think Mena, Booneville and Dover probably will get to go home . As far as seedings out of our District into the Regional:

1.) Maumelle  2.) Pottsville  3.) Waldron  4.) Subi/Dardanelle

just my take on what Ive seen this year and how everyone is playing now.. Good luck to all the boys teams

Girls

Well I have a bigger stake in this one. I coached about a dozen girls in summer ball that play in this conference, including my daughter. Again Maumelle and Dover automatically come out and go to the Regional. To me, maumelle peaked early in the conference season and the girls teams seem to have figured out how to play with them. Dover is playing ok. They kinda stumbled into the 2 seed. I do like these girls and think Coach F can get them motivated enough to win a few more games. I As far as the other 2 seeds go I think the Pottsville team has figured out real quick how to slow things down and make up for their leading scorer and point guard not being on the floor. They should win their first game and come out to the Regional. The 4th team should be between Waldron and Dardanelle.Dradanelle has played well lately and Coach Mccoy loves this time of year. I think Mena, Booneville will get to stay home. Although I do know if Brittany W is playing well for Bvillle they could end up upsetting Pville and easing in.
Seeds into the Regional I see as follows:

1.) Maumelle  2.)Pottsville  3.) Dover  4.) Dardanelle

Good luck to all the girls teams...............

Cameron Crazies

From what I understand they are playing on Tuesday not Wednesday you may want to double check that.

1-Adam-12

February 09, 2013, 09:17:45 am #16 Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:18:16 am by 1-Adam-12
nm

Cameron Crazies

I will say this that is not what every other coach who left the meeting this week thinks. I talked to 2 coaches this morning and they both think they play tuesday.

1-Adam-12

February 09, 2013, 09:37:08 am #18 Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:54:10 am by 1-Adam-12
Valley as usual you make some good observations.  On the boys that looks like a good prediction.  Pottsville and Maumelle have been the class of the league. There was a lot of space between Waldron and the rest although Subi and Dardanelle have looked better lately.  Booneville if they could put four good quarters together could sneak in but they have been taking a quarter off lately and that cannot happen in the tournament. Home court could help. Mena just by looking at scores has also started to adjust to the loss of their player, taking Waldron and Pottsville to OT in their last two.  For Dover the future is coming and it is bright but just don't see it this year.

On the girls, this looks to be a good tournament where all the games could be very close. Maumelle likes to run but teams seem to be adjusting to the Lady Hornets' style.  Dover, well they seemed to be inconsistent lately but they enjoy post-season play and do well in it.  Pottsville has appeared to make adjustments after losing Cox and it has worked out well.  Dardanelle lacks depth and size but they can shoot it and are quick.  Waldron...looks like you never know which Waldron team will show.  If the good one turns up for the tournament they could threaten.  I don't know if Mena will be moving up the twins and/or some others.  They have done better than I expected as they are.  Booneville has been very close all season and are completely capable, just ask Dover.  The home court may well be a plus and maybe it's time for luck to turn their way.  Lord knows the stars have been misaligned most of the season for the Lady Cats.

The 2nd round games are on Tuesday.  I will edit my previous post to reflect that..

WPWells

My predictions:

Boys:
1. Pottsville
2. Booneville (they have the athletes and the home court to pull of the upset of Maumelle)
3. Maumelle
4. Subi

Girls:
1. Maumelle
2. Dover
3. Booneville (again home court)
4. Waldron

1-Adam-12

February 10, 2013, 01:20:45 pm #20 Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:26:28 pm by 1-Adam-12
Hope you are close. But there is no way Booneville girls could get a 3 seed. If they lost in the semis there is no 3rd place game. They would go by the regular season which means Booneville would be a 4.

First things first they have to beat Mena and Pottsville. They are certainly capable of that. If Ward can keep scoring and get the others involved the Lady Cats will be dangerous.

FreeMoney

OFf topic a little but does anyone know who won this district in junior boys?

valleytiger

Quote from: FreeMoney on February 10, 2013, 05:54:58 pm
OFf topic a little but does anyone know who won this district in junior boys?

Pottsville Junior Boys won the tourney and the conference.

WPWells

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 10, 2013, 01:20:45 pm
Hope you are close. But there is no way Booneville girls could get a 3 seed. If they lost in the semis there is no 3rd place game. They would go by the regular season which means Booneville would be a 4.

First things first they have to beat Mena and Pottsville. They are certainly capable of that. If Ward can keep scoring and get the others involved the Lady Cats will be dangerous.
[/quote

Totally missed that. Thanks for catching. Totally thought about that wrong

3 Dollar

Basketball13

Subiaco and Dardanelle rematch. Same thing from last year.

3 Dollar

1-Adam-12

Observations from tonight:

Dardanelle/Mena:  Close game throughout.  Mena got an early lead only to have Dardanelle fight back, and they got a three from Gathright to put them up at halftime.  Another three, this from Latham, padded their cushion after three quarters but Mena never quit.  Late on the Lizard lead was between two and four, Mena was waiting for Dardanelle to miss a free throw and finally got their chance.  They missed inside but forced a tie ball which went their way.  Dardanelle then blocked a three-pointer that would have won it for Mena. 

The Lizards will have to play much better if they expect to beat Subiaco, who is playing very well right now.

Booneville/Dover:  Bearcats came out hot but Dover fought back.  The Pirates erased a six-point Booneville halftime lead to force several ties but Booneville ran off 11 points late in the third and early in the fourth as Lear hit two threes at the end of the third.  But once again Dover came off the deck; Koster and Watson hit some insane-length threes and got the lead down to three points before Booneville's post player (Maness) converted a three-point play and then Lear added a basket to lock it up.

The post players for Booneville are going to have a big test against Hunter Ball and Waldron tomorrow night.  If they can hold their own they stand a chance but they must convert much better in the lane than they did tonight.

Basketball13

3 Dollar

1-Adam-12

Congratulations Booneville! Boys make the regional tournament for the first time since 2007 with the upset of Waldron tonight. 

mi-ky

Subi beat Dardanelle 67-47 or something close to that.

Basketball13

Quote from: mi-ky on February 13, 2013, 06:23:59 am
Subi beat Dardanelle 67-47 or something close to that.

Subi had about 60/180 kids present at the game. It was loud in there.

3 Dollar

3 Dollar

Basketball13

Subi wins 50-49 with a 1.6 seconds left 3 pointer!!!!!

Basketball13

I'd also like to congratulate Coach Tim Tencleve of the Trojans. Most of us know that he has been around for a long time. But, as it was mentioned on http://www.ihigh.com/subiaco after the game. Coach Tencleve broke the 500+ mark for wins in his career earlier this season. Great Achievement.

3 Dollar

justin1a2

3 Dollar

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas