• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Top Position Groups

Started by whippersnapper, March 30, 2015, 10:59:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

Well April is almost here folks and figured this was as good of time as any to start this topic. What are some preseason favorites for offensive backfields, linebackers etc.

hawgfan15

I will throw Nashville out there for best backfield. SR QB Leonard Snell and JR RB Darius Hopkins are back as starters. The back up RB is also back, SR Terrell Grundy. The Scrappers will also have a talented SOPH RB TD Walton.

DerekOxford

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 30, 2015, 03:17:57 pm
I will throw Nashville out there for best backfield. SR QB Leonard Snell and JR RB Darius Hopkins are back as starters. The back up RB is also back, SR Terrell Grundy. The Scrappers will also have a talented SOPH RB TD Walton.

What about the younger Pettway?

hawgfan15

Ty Pettway is going to be a very good WR for the Scrappers. He has a good chance to start as a sophomore.

Lacerta agilis

Dardanelle's Defensive Line was very good last year, and they return all 4 starters. Not saying they're the top unit in the state, but I think they are in the conversation.

polksalet

Nashville will be among the best at all position groups. The main variable is how well the new hc will adapt his offense to our qb's skill set.

Underdog88

Not so sure about all position groups.

The Coach

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on April 06, 2015, 06:54:02 am
Dardanelle's Defensive Line was very good last year, and they return all 4 starters. Not saying they're the top unit in the state, but I think they are in the conversation.

Dardanelle's DL returns the top 5 that played last year and should be one of The best groups in 4A as long as they stay healthy.

They also return one of the best LB's in 4A and one of if not the best player in 4A in Chris Kershner

cuckoobird

Stuttgart should have a very talented but young O and D line.

STUNNA

Quote from: The Coach on April 08, 2015, 09:43:43 pm

Dardanelle's DL returns the top 5 that played last year and should be one of The best groups in 4A as long as they stay healthy.

They also return one of the best LB's in 4A and one of if not the best player in 4A in Chris Kershner
The best football player in 4A resides in Star City..

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on April 09, 2015, 08:24:15 am

Most likely

The Coach

Nobody does more for their team then Kershner

beach bum

Quote from: The Coach on April 09, 2015, 09:47:04 am

I thought the QB Thompson claimed that last year... Did Dardanelle forget that quickly about his SR year.

SUGARTOWN

But that doesn't necessarily make him the best player in 4A.

AirWarren

Who?

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on April 09, 2015, 10:55:56 am

Who?
you know, the guy from mena, or is it Brookland? I don't know either I guess......

D-TOWN LIZARD

April 09, 2015, 11:45:26 am #16 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:40:50 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
Quote from: beach bum on April 09, 2015, 10:18:29 am

I thought the QB Thompson claimed that last year... Did Dardanelle forget that quickly about his SR year.
Dardanelle loves Thompson and we are all looking forward to watching him play at Tech besides it's hard to "forget" 3519 total yards & 44 TDs. Coach is just looking ahead and forward to next year.

Underdog88

So who in 4A has the best linebackers returning. Dardinelle?

Romeo

The best player in 4A for 2015 plays for Pulaski Robinson.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Romeo on April 09, 2015, 11:27:30 pm

Georgia offered him this evening. Hammonds will be a good one

AirWarren

Yup. Arkansas better find some way to get this kid.

mastiff

:o :o ::) ::) :o :o ::) ::) wow..........is all I can say

AirWarren

Have you seen TJ Hammonds play, mastiff?

Either way, for you to think different shows your lack of knowledge of a top prospect football player.

mastiff

actually yes Air I have, on two or three different occasions. While I do believe that he is a very good football player and game changer when he WANTS to be, I whole heartedly disagree with the fact that he is THE BEST ALL AROUND ATHLETE in the 4A. I have seen guys with half his talent that give maximum effort 100% of the time that I would choose before him. Not many but some. I believe that title belongs to someone who works hard on ALL plays, not just the ones that he is directly involved in.

On the flip side Air, have you seen him play?
either way, I am entitled to my own opinion. and you have no idea the knowledge that I do indeed have sir.

Romeo

Well, apparently 13 division I schools, which includes Arkansas, Duke, Georgia, Oklahoma State, and Arizona, have no idea what they're doing and are offering scholarships to players that don't give maximum effort.

Romeo

Quote from: mastiff on April 10, 2015, 09:12:22 am
actually yes Air I have, on two or three different occasions. While I do believe that he is a very good football player and game changer when he WANTS to be, I whole heartedly disagree with the fact that he is THE BEST ALL AROUND ATHLETE in the 4A. I have seen guys with half his talent that give maximum effort 100% of the time that I would choose before him. Not many but some. I believe that title belongs to someone who works hard on ALL plays, not just the ones that he is directly involved in.

On the flip side Air, have you seen him play?
either way, I am entitled to my own opinion. and you have no idea the knowledge that I do indeed have sir.

So basically you're saying you came to your conclusion after watching him play in two games. :o :o ::) ::) :o :o ::) ::) wow..........is all I can say

cuckoobird

Quote from: Romeo on April 10, 2015, 09:43:31 am
Well, apparently 13 division I schools, which includes Arkansas, Duke, Georgia, Oklahoma State, and Arizona, have no idea what they're doing and are offering scholarships to players that don't give maximum effort.
I could name one from last years class who didn't put forth much effort but he sure looked the part

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 10, 2015, 09:52:56 am
I could name one from last years class who didn't put forth much effort but he sure looked the part
+1  The kid runs out of bounds to keep from getting hit.  Sounds like Maximum effort to me. Nothin but the HYPE bandwagon!  He'll get popped one good time with the BIG BOYS and be gun shy the rest of his career! 

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on April 10, 2015, 09:57:58 am
+1  The kid runs out of bounds to keep from getting hit.  Sounds like Maximum effort to me. Nothin but the HYPE bandwagon!  He'll get popped one good time with the BIG BOYS and be gun shy the rest of his career!

I'd love for you to show me on all game film where he runs out of bounds to "avoid" contact.  You do realize there's a difference in avoiding contact and being smart. Sounds to me like sour grapes.. Surely not from you QB1....

D-TOWN LIZARD

April 11, 2015, 01:00:20 pm #29 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:07:11 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
Avoiding contact or being smart.  Sour grapes or the truth....Dnt care wat u call it.....but like I said, wen one of those big boys lays a lick on him....he won't ever be the same.  He is not the all around best player in 4a.  I can have my opinion just like you. ;D if he proves he is...fine.  But doubt it.  Btw check out the Dardanelle game, I know for a fact he ran out of bound a few times wen he coulda gained some more yards.  "MAXIMUM EFFORT!"

AirWarren

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on April 11, 2015, 01:00:20 pm
Avoiding contact or being smart.  Sour grapes or the truth....Dnt care wat u call it.....but like I said, wen one of those big boys lays a lick on him....he won't ever be the same.  He is not the all around best player in 4a.  I can have my opinion just like you. ;D if he prices he is...fine.  But doubt it

Not saying he is the same caliber, but people said the same thing you're saying about him that people said about jarius wright when he was at Warren. So...

D-TOWN LIZARD

He is not a jarius wright.  Not even the same league!

SUGARTOWN

TJ Hammonds just committed to the Hogs. Congrats to the young man, he's one of the most explosive players I've seen in quite a while. And he's not even close reaching his potential IMO.

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on April 11, 2015, 01:09:24 pm
I assume the play you're refrencing in the Dardy game was when he went 5 yds into his own end zone, reversed field, got 15 yds and a 1st down. Yea don't think he was avoiding anyone, but again you can have your opinion. I'm sure that has nothing to do with jealously, does it Mr. Thompson?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on April 10, 2015, 09:57:58 am

None of the BIG BOYS in 4A have "popped" him yet...can't hit what you can't catch. 😀

Romeo

A player doesn't have this many highlights to put in a video for a season and constantly go out of bounds: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/160102375/v2

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Romeo on April 11, 2015, 03:11:05 pm
A player doesn't have this many highlights to put in a video for a season and constantly go out of bounds: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/160102375/v2

He had 99 touches (not counting kick returns), 2024 yards and 18 TD's last season...that's 20 yards per touch. And that's with limited coaching.

It was a mystery to me why he only got about 9 touches a game.

Mr. Mercer

Disregard those comments.. Just a former teammate who obviously has an issue with someone making a bigger name for themselves

AirWarren

HorseFeathers

Is it bad that I noticed myself standing on the sideline during the Clip of the Pass at Dover?

Anyway...Looks like they need to find out a way to get the ball into the hands of that kid 20+ times a game and let him go to work...

big slop

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on April 11, 2015, 02:34:30 pm
Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on April 11, 2015, 01:09:24 pm
I assume the play you're refrencing in the Dardy game was when he went 5 yds into his own end zone, reversed field, got 15 yds and a 1st down. Yea don't think he was avoiding anyone, but again you can have your opinion. I'm sure that has nothing to do with jealously, does it Mr. Thompson?

This makes me laugh. Come on Roy D. you can do better than that. There never once was a play that Hammonds ran 5 yds deep in his own end zone. Now, he did reverse field once and pick up good yardage once, but yes I do think he was avoiding someone, THE ENTIRE DEFENSE THAT WAS ON A HEAD HUNT. I did happen to see on two or three occasions when he would try and get the edge and run out of bounds to avoid collision when he could have easily gotten four or five more yards. One time it cost PR a first down. And, I know for a fact that d-town is not mr. thompson.  8)

Mr. Mercer

I'm sure he's not.....  ;)  You can think what you want.  That's what is great about America, but I don't think there are too many High Major D1 players who are scared of contact.  Then again all of those "head hunters" would probably terrify everyone in the whole state.  Hopefully the 4-4A and the rest of the state can get over their fear this year

The Coach

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on April 14, 2015, 09:06:04 am
I'm sure he's not.....  ;)  You can think what you want.  That's what is great about America, but I don't think there are too many High Major D1 players who are scared of contact.  Then again all of those "head hunters" would probably terrify everyone in the whole state.  Hopefully the 4-4A and the rest of the state can get over their fear this year

What I remember most about that game vs Dardanelle was him standing at the 50 and watching a Dardanelle WR go for about 70 down the sideline. He wouldn't have caught him but the fact he made ZERO attempt told me a lot.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: The Coach on April 14, 2015, 10:32:34 am

What I remember most about that game vs Dardanelle was him standing at the 50 and watching a Dardanelle WR go for about 70 down the sideline. He wouldn't have caught him but the fact he made ZERO attempt told me a lot.

Coach, I guess you're way of thinking is just a little different than Bret Bielema, Mark Richt, Mike Gundy, Rich Rodriguez, Todd Graham, Gary Patterson, David Cutcliffe....etc.

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 14, 2015, 10:56:41 am

Coach, I guess you're way of thinking is just a little different than Bret Bielema, Mark Richt, Mike Gundy, Rich Rodriguez, Todd Graham, Gary Patterson, David Cutcliffe....etc.

It's quite obvious Hammonds is a D1 player in just about every town, city and state in America, except for a tiny little town in Yell County.  Week 8 should be entertaining.  I just hope the kids are able to sleep that week.  The "head hunters" may cause nightmares. 

big slop

Not one single person has said that he isn't division 1 material because he is. What you fellas seem to misunderstand is that the argument wasn't whether or not he is D1 it is whether or not he is the best athlete in the state. Stop being so especially upset because you totally blew the subject out of proportion. I get it that you are probably Hammonds kin folk Roy D, but no one is attacking him. Nor trying to call out anyone as a poster like you tried to do and failed.

D-TOWN LIZARD

I'm definitely not Mr. Thompson.....and wen u take one play and show it 3 times using a different camera view, ur highlight will be long.  if your referring to QB Thompson being jealous of Hammonds.....PLEASE!!!!!!  He has much more than football going for him to be jealous of TJ Hammonds!  I don't give a crap where Hammonds goes, but it will be hilarious when he's up in D1 and all the athletes there are as good and better than him......he WILL be caught!!!!!    nothing but the HYPEWAGON,  yall keep jumpin on!!!!!!!  :-*

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on April 14, 2015, 11:57:53 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 14, 2015, 10:56:41 am

It's quite obvious Hammonds is a D1 player in just about every town, city and state in America, except for a tiny little town in Yell County.  Week 8 should be entertaining.  I just hope the kids are able to sleep that week.  The "head hunters" may cause nightmares.
I hope it's more entertaining than this year....   55-21   and if I recall correctly Hammonds had 1TD to Thompsons 6TDS so you can throw the jealousy card out the window Mr. Mercer

SUGARTOWN

April 15, 2015, 11:59:19 am #48 Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:38:06 pm by SUGARTOWN
I have a feeling the Sandlizards will find the going a little tougher than they think it's going to be this fall.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on April 15, 2015, 10:56:10 am
I'm definitely not Mr. Thompson.....and wen u take one play and show it 3 times using a different camera view, ur highlight will be long.  if your referring to QB Thompson being jealous of Hammonds.....PLEASE!!!!!! He has much more than football going for him to be jealous of TJ Hammonds! I don't give a crap where Hammonds goes, but it will be hilarious when he's up in D1 and all the athletes there are as good and better than him......he WILL be caught!!!!!    nothing but the HYPEWAGON,  yall keep jumpin on!!!!!!!  :-*

If you're not Mr. Thompson then you probably shouldn't be speaking for the young man. You have no idea what he thinks. :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas