• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will replace Dawson?

Started by SGT.HULKA, December 28, 2014, 08:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

Dayton Kitchens

Personally I enjoy teaching duties.   In my dream job I would be a head coach but still teach World History, Earth Science, U.S. History, and Economics in the morning.

Valleysports

Get off this sports forum - go now!

DogsWin7

Is Nashville considering moving up Coach Ernest or has he even expressed interest in the HC position?   

intruder

I am afraid that if Ernest doesn't get a legitimate shot that he could be gone

DogsWin7

Quote from: intruder on January 01, 2015, 02:11:03 pm
I am afraid that if Ernest doesn't get a legitimate shot that he could be gone
That would be unfortunate for Nashville in my opinion.  He appears to be a very humble man with great work ethic. 

polksalet

Nashville could do WAy worse than Ernest.

FballGuru

Why don't we revisit boss man's list?
First of all there are only 2 guys on this list that have IMO that truly have skins on the wall so to speak.
#1 bring Todd Cooley bit he is not leaving college football to be A high school coach. He has too much invested.
#2 Robbie Coplin who coaches at one of the best programs in Texas at Lake Travis I believe. He has won 5 State Championships and more importantly worked under Chad Morris there and at Stephenville. What an unbelielivable mentor for a coach to learn from. I think Coplin should at least get a phone call to see if he is interested in leaving Texas and coming back home.

Both of these guys have been part of staffs sheer expectations are high and had to deal with pressure situations.CW

Bigbossman

Quote from: FballGuru on January 01, 2015, 10:48:41 pm
Why don't we revisit boss man's list?
First of all there are only 2 guys on this list that have IMO that truly have skins on the wall so to speak.
#1 bring Todd Cooley bit he is not leaving college football to be A high school coach. He has too much invested.
#2 Robbie Coplin who coaches at one of the best programs in Texas at Lake Travis I believe. He has won 5 State Championships and more importantly worked under Chad Morris there and at Stephenville. What an unbelielivable mentor for a coach to learn from. I think Coplin should at least get a phone call to see if he is interested in leaving Texas and coming back home.

Both of these guys have been part of staffs sheer expectations are high and had to deal with pressure situations.CW
I'd be disappointed to see either of them come back to nashville, and I grew up and was very good friends with both of them. I dont think there is any fear of it happening anyway but both of them are in far better positions where they are at. My personal opinion is paul earnest would be a very good selection and if it were me thats who I'd be hiring.  But ya gotta let the resumes come in, if I remember correctly the last time this job came open there were lots of quality applicants.

polksalet

We need to hire Michael Howard.

DerekOxford

Would Billy Laird be interested in reprising his role a la Bill Snyder?

hogfan10

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on December 29, 2014, 09:38:45 am
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 29, 2014, 09:34:59 am
Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on December 29, 2014, 09:30:22 am
Surprised McBride's name has been only mentioned once.
which one? Younger or older?

IDK which one is older or younger. Jared @ Lakeside.

If they want to keep him (and I assume they do) , Lakeside's pockets are probably deeper; but the potential for success at Lakeside is much less.

polksalet

Someone was touring the facilities tonight. Hard to tell but it looked a little like Barry Switzer.

Jack1990

He'd be a good hire for the Scrappers

nuttinbuthogs

Any names confirmed to show interest?

Valleysports

Quote from: polksalet on January 02, 2015, 10:29:12 pm
Someone was touring the facilities tonight. Hard to tell but it looked a little like Barry Switzer.

That was Charlie Strong.

Beaver Fever

I think to get one mcbride you would have to hire the other.  He turned down Stuttgart last year because he couldn't bring him

intruder

Any news of "official interest "? Maybe names will start popping next week. Hoping Ernest is at top of list

DogsWin7

Quote from: intruder on January 04, 2015, 07:05:44 pm
Any news of "official interest "? Maybe names will start popping next week. Hoping Ernest is at top of list

I hope to that Coach Ernest is at the top of the list.    Do they list applicants or is it all a hush hush type of thing? 

polksalet

They normally list applicants in one of our local papers.

DogsWin7

Loyalfan1

I know Chris Hill is a mover but he is also a tremendous Coach.  Not sure if he would consider moving from Wynne but he should be a consideration if he is interested.  However I gotta think Wynne is also a great job.

Loyalfan1

Just guessing:

McBride -HSLS
Turley - Hope
Buck James - LRC
Tim Harper - Mena
Current DC - Nashville
Bobby Bolding - PB - seriously doubt it - Lotta AAA ties
Big shot OC - NW Arkansas

Just a list of guys I thought of. 

DogsWin7

Impressive list but is there a reason you left off Coach Ernest?   Or was this in addition too?

Loyalfan1

I think Coach Earnest is a great guy/Coach.  Just can't see him getting the job.  If he was a current coordinator maybe. 

Blazer51

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 05, 2015, 09:35:12 am
Just guessing:

McBride -HSLS
Turley - Hope
Buck James - LRC
Tim Harper - Mena
Current DC - Nashville
Bobby Bolding - PB - seriously doubt it - Lotta AAA ties
Big shot OC - NW Arkansas

Just a list of guys I thought of.

Turley is out of the question I promise

Loyalfan1

I just knew Turley has Nashville ties.

polksalet

There are a couple who can deal with the egos. Turley is one of them.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: polksalet on January 05, 2015, 12:38:53 pm
There are a couple who can deal with the egos. Turley is one of them.
i can but it will take $ 125,000. i also refuse to teach class.

Bigbossman

I dont know why anyone would want the job. There is a tremendous amount of unfounded expectation each and every year. If you come in and march all the way to the semi finals or the state game you were the right hire, anything less than that and your a dud. I cant imagine a sain individual wanting anything to do with it. All I can say is whoever jumps in the fire down here, may god be with ya, and maybe rent rather than buy.

Sick Dog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 04, 2015, 09:14:37 pm
Quote from: intruder on January 04, 2015, 07:05:44 pm

I hope to that Coach Ernest is at the top of the list.    Do they list applicants or is it all a hush hush type of thing?
They won't list applicants unless they want someone t know that someone applied, hush hush deal but Nashville thinking they would want everyone to know Saban, Malzahn, Meyer all applied

cuckoobird

redeye819

Loyalfan1

Quote from: redeye819 on January 06, 2015, 06:36:12 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on January 06, 2015, 06:10:23 am
I heard john L was in town
Heard Perrin was also

Now Perrin would be an interesting hire.  Another guy like C Hill who can flat out Coach Football.  Not sure if DG would swallow pride and hire a Mineral guy though.

Hoophawg

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 06, 2015, 09:10:47 am
Quote from: redeye819 on January 06, 2015, 06:36:12 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on January 06, 2015, 06:10:23 am
I heard john L was in town
Heard Perrin was also

Now Perrin would be an interesting hire.  Another guy like C Hill who can flat out Coach Football.  Not sure if DG would swallow pride and hire a Mineral guy though.
By looking at him he swallows lots of things but pride probably isn't one of them

Loyalfan1

GotInfo?

Would be crazy not to give Jarod McBride (Lakeside) a call to see if he would come. My guess is Buck James will get a call as he should.
A few coordinators I would like to see get a look if not him: D. Burnett (DC Malvern), Fimple (OC Harber), DePriest (OC Harrison) and Vaughn (OC El Dorado). I think any of these guys would do a good job there. JMO

Coach Venny Slocombe

Loyalfan1

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 06, 2015, 11:13:38 am
Would be crazy not to give Jarod McBride (Lakeside) a call to see if he would come. My guess is Buck James will get a call as he should.
A few coordinators I would like to see get a look if not him: D. Burnett (DC Malvern), Fimple (OC Harber), DePriest (OC Harrison) and Vaughn (OC El Dorado). I think any of these guys would do a good job there. JMO

This is a good list.  3 of these 4 Coordinators would be very good.

beaverfan007

Jimbo Morphis

Fife2

Think they are crazy if they don't call Price at Dardanelle. Just my opinion.

STUNNA

Harrison OC would be a good one

~WPS~

I've heard both Price and Harrison OC are candidates.

polksalet

Harrison oc seems kind of emotional on here. He'll need a thick skin to survive Nashville.

Sick Dog

Quote from: Fife2 on January 06, 2015, 01:22:42 pm
Why would they? He didn't win it this year with the best team n 4A, that don't flyin Scrapperville! They expect Nashville to win even when they aren't loaded

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Sick Dog on January 06, 2015, 07:03:44 pm
Quote from: Fife2 on January 06, 2015, 01:22:42 pm
Why would they? He didn't win it this year with the best team n 4A, that don't flyin Scrapperville! They expect Nashville to win even when they aren't loaded
Disappointed pretty often then aren't they?

polksalet

Nashville is loaded every year. We should get a title every other year.

Bigbossman told me that

STUNNA

Quote from: polksalet on January 06, 2015, 05:57:40 pm
Harrison oc seems kind of emotional on here. He'll need a thick skin to survive Nashville.
He's a PA guy he knows a little bit about winning.. Lol

Sick Dog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas