• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will replace Dawson?

Started by SGT.HULKA, December 28, 2014, 08:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SGT.HULKA

I think the first place Doug Graham should look is in Charleston, AR. Coach K is an outstanding offensive mind and the money Nashville could pay would be enticing. I think he would be an excellent fit in Scrapperland.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SGT.HULKA on December 28, 2014, 08:39:02 pm
I think the first place Doug Graham should look is in Charleston, AR. Coach K is an outstanding offensive mind and the money Nashville could pay would be enticing. I think he would be an excellent fit in Scrapperland.

His wife is from Charleston and he's from Van Buren....Charleston fans would have you believe that it's going to take more than money to get him away from them...

WPWells

Coach Kendrick would've been MUCH more likely to go to Russellville than Nashville...it would be a great hire because Kendrick is an excellent coach, but like HF said, it will take more than money to get him away from the Tigers

nuttinbuthogs

Oh, I bet there is enough money out there, LOL!! just not sure Nashville has the price.

~WPS~

Saban and Malzahn have both put a hold on bowl prep to fly to Nashville for an interview.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 28, 2014, 10:12:34 pm
Coach Kendrick would've been MUCH more likely to go to Russellville than Nashville...it would be a great hire because Kendrick is an excellent coach, but like HF said, it will take more than money to get him away from the Tigers
Nashville is a much better football job than Russellville will ever be. So I gotta disagree with ya' on that. Kendrick knows that to win you have to have talent and year in and year out the talent for Nashville puts you in a position to make deep playoff runs.
AND

I don't buy the "it takes more than money" argument. Wasn't Loughridge a Charleston grad? With an SEC caliber QB coming back for two more years? And you see what the allure of a much bigger salary did for him. You can't blame these guys for trying to better their situations.

RabidWolf

Any chance a former scrapper DC currently coaching a devilish 2A team might be a target? 😈😉

The Coach

Quote from: SGT.HULKA on December 29, 2014, 01:34:09 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 28, 2014, 10:12:34 pm
Nashville is a much better football job than Russellville will ever be. So I gotta disagree with ya' on that. Kendrick knows that to win you have to have talent and year in and year out the talent for Nashville puts you in a position to make deep playoff runs.
AND

I don't buy the "it takes more than money" argument. Wasn't Loughridge a Charleston grad? With an SEC caliber QB coming back for two more years? And you see what the allure of a much bigger salary did for him. You can't blame these guys for trying to better their situations.

Coach Wood the HC before Loughridge was a Charleston Grad as well and he left for a much bigger salary and got out of coaching football to being just an AD at Greenbreir.

Bigbossman

Quote from: RabidWolf on December 29, 2014, 02:36:12 am
Any chance a former scrapper DC currently coaching a devilish 2A team might be a target? 😈😉
there is no telling one things for sure they better get it right, all eyes are gonna be on them and if they pull some good ol boy crap and get us saddled down with a coach that aint a good fit......well I just hope that dont happen.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 29, 2014, 07:46:24 am
Quote from: RabidWolf on December 29, 2014, 02:36:12 am
there is no telling one things for sure they better get it right, all eyes are gonna be on them and if they pull some good ol boy crap and get us saddled down with a coach that aint a good fit......well I just hope that dont happen.
And this may be why it will be tough to get someone who is a proven coach!!  Public pressure and high expectations.  Sometimes it is better to go into a situation where the past record isn't so good!lol

Bigbossman

December 29, 2014, 09:01:06 am #10 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:31:37 am by Bigbossman
With regards to the original post of "who will replace dawson?" It seems when this situation arises soon after the conversation starts, the names of nashville alum comes up. Ill list a few im sure ill miss many.

Todd cooley- HC delta state, statesmen/fightin okra- todd aint comin back to coach H/S
Jay turley - HC Hope hs jay aint comin back to nashville, although he'd be welcomed
Greg nation- HC  Norman oklahoma High, I know very little about greg
Robbie coplin- receivers coach at lake travis texas. Robbie aint leavin LT
Jeff mcbride- HC @ bismark
Jarrod mcbride- coaching in some capacity in arkansas
Deno norsworthy- coaching in some capacity in arkansas
Clint reed- coaching at lakeside in hot springs (I beleive)
John martin - coach at mineral springs, great guy, should be brought to nashville in some capacity

Gary seagrest - former scrapper HC , teacher in texarkana, avid sasquatch locator

Vince perrin- HC at Stuttgart - vince isnt truly nashville alum, but he was welcomed into our fold and iMO is a nashville boy.

There may be others and feel free to edit my post to reflect where the ones listed that im unsure about.

WPWells

Here's how sure I am that it won't be Kendrick: if Greg Kendrick leaves for Nashville, I will leave Fearless Friday

STUNNA

Bigbossman

Bigbossman

Trent floyd - coaching in some capacity at gosnell (I think)

STUNNA

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 29, 2014, 09:11:30 am
Quote from: STUNNA on December 29, 2014, 09:04:38 am
AJ Whitmore
im pretty sure aj is not currently in coaching
Last time I heard he was coaching at Alexandria High School in Louisiana

Bigbossman

Quote from: STUNNA on December 29, 2014, 09:14:08 am
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 29, 2014, 09:11:30 am
Quote from: STUNNA on December 29, 2014, 09:04:38 am
AJ Whitmore
im pretty sure aj is not currently in coaching
Last time I heard he was coaching at Alexandria High School in Louisiana
the was the last I'd heard as well so I inquired about him and was told he is back in arkansas working for some company. Im guessing he's moved on from football. I dont know him so I dont wanna speak outta school.

JohnBarleycorn

Surprised McBride's name has been only mentioned once.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on December 29, 2014, 09:30:22 am
Seems like he would be an obvious choice.

Bigbossman

which one? Younger or older?

Bigbossman

JohnBarleycorn

December 29, 2014, 09:38:45 am #21 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:40:29 am by JohnBarleycorn
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 29, 2014, 09:34:59 am
which one? Younger or older?

IDK which one is older or younger. Jared @ Lakeside.

hogdiggity

it sounds nice up front, but it is very difficult for someone to come home to where they played/graduated and be a head coach, a lot of extra pressure on that person.  Buddies asking them to make sure their boy gets PT and such.  It can be done, but most of the time it is not the best situation.

Bigbossman

Quote from: hogdiggity on December 29, 2014, 09:56:42 am
it sounds nice up front, but it is very difficult for someone to come home to where they played/graduated and be a head coach, a lot of extra pressure on that person.  Buddies asking them to make sure their boy gets PT and such.  It can be done, but most of the time it is not the best situation.
Very much agree +1

scrapiron51

Josh Price? Possible interest in Nashville

STUNNA

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 29, 2014, 11:18:24 am
Forgot he was a nashville boy

polksalet

Jeff and jay are the only ones listed that I both know personally and believe can both coach well and deal with the player egos, town politics, and the ridiculously high expectations of the idiot fanbase. I'm pointing at myself on the last one btw. To be honest I think too much of the two i mentioned to put them in this spot.

Top three on my wish list are hembree, Paul Ernest, and Perrin. The group next year is absolutely loaded and in a down year for 4a has to be the odds on favorite to win state. I have total faith in the administration to make a great hire.

Bigbossman

December 29, 2014, 12:32:32 pm #27 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:39:57 pm by Bigbossman
Quote from: polksalet on December 29, 2014, 12:10:07 pm
Jeff and jay are the only ones listed that I both know personally and believe can both coach well and deal with the player egos, town politics, and the ridiculously high expectations of the idiot fanbase. I'm pointing at myself on the last one btw. To be honest I think too much of the two i mentioned to put them in this spot.

Top three on my wish list are hembree, Paul Ernest, and Perrin. The group next year is absolutely loaded and in a down year for 4a has to be the odds on favorite to win state. I have total faith in the administration to make a great hire.
+1

My wish list as follows
Todd cooley
Danny abshire
Bo hembree
Vince perrin
&
Barry switzer
&
If tom landry and bear bryant had kids that got totether and had a kid that became a coach I want that guy on my list as well.

Uncle Ivan

The Coach

December 29, 2014, 12:51:37 pm #29 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:53:52 pm by The Coach
Quote from: STUNNA on December 29, 2014, 11:38:20 am

1 year coaching there make you a  Nashville boy?

~WPS~

Quote from: The Coach on December 29, 2014, 12:51:37 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on December 29, 2014, 11:38:20 am

1 year coaching there make you a  Nashville boy?
That's what I was wondering. But his name is one I've heard.

Bigbossman

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 29, 2014, 12:32:32 pm

+1

My wish list as follows
Todd cooley
Danny abshire
Bo hembree
Vince perrin
&
Barry switzer
&
If tom landry and bear bryant had kids that got totether and had a kid that became a coach I want that guy on my list as well.
forgive my ignorance, who are cooley and abshire?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Oldman on December 29, 2014, 01:00:27 pm

+1

My wish list as follows
Todd cooley
Danny abshire
Bo hembree
Vince perrin
&
Barry switzer
&

Ignorance will not be forgiven on FF. 

polksalet

Cooley is former qb at Nashville. Current head coach of the fighting okra. Abshier is at pg and the most feared coach by south Howard county.

cuckoobird

Perrin may well leave his current job for Taint but it would have more to do with family than schools. He knows he has a better chance winning a title or three at his current job.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 29, 2014, 01:41:47 pm
Perrin may well leave his current job for Taint but it would have more to do with family than schools. He knows he has a better chance winning a title or three at his current job.
nice job of laying that ground work.

Bigbossman

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Cooley
Quote from: Oldman on December 29, 2014, 01:00:27 pm

+1

My wish list as follows
Todd cooley
Danny abshire
Bo hembree
Vince perrin
&
Barry switzer
&
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Cooley

Cooley is just on my wishlist he would not entertain the idea of coaching hs football but it was a wishlist so I mean. 

Valleysports

December 29, 2014, 02:31:38 pm #38 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:08:58 pm by Valleysports
TigerDad2 would like to put Abshier (from Prairie Grove) in for the Nashville Job - he'd make an excellent replacement for Dawson.  And he'd finally have some talent to work with.

Tigerdad2

He has beat malzhon, Chris wood and Dawson with way less talent

Valleysports

Sounds like Abshier needs to move on to the SEC.....  Hey how many kids did you say went to TECH off that 2012 Nashville College Team?  I looked it up....

whippersnapper

The wing t in Nashville? Interesting thought

~WPS~

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 03:12:21 pm
Sounds like Abshier needs to move on to the SEC.....  Hey how many kids did you say went to TECH off that 2012 Nashville College Team?  I looked it up....
3 went to Tech. To my knowledge none are still playing. One went to SAU and got hurt and another to OBU, played for one year but didn't this past year.

Valleysports

Y'all do have a freshman, Donyell King, up here at WR.

~WPS~

Then there is one that is still playing. Hadn't heard anything about him in a while.

Valleysports

scrapiron51

Yes, Paul Ernest is a name not many are saying. But I promise you if we hired Ernest that would be a steal and we would be competing for state championships most years.

Sick Dog

Nobody is good enough to coach the all mighty Scrappers!!! I hear they are going after Harbough, Saban, or Meyer.

Beaver Fever

~WPS~

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas