• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dawson interviews with Russellville.

Started by scrapiron51, December 25, 2014, 05:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Ha ha just playing with you - I didn't know much about Nashville, until I started following your Nashville Coaches thread, for obvious reasons.  You might want to hold off scheduling Bentonville and Texarkana, for now.   

hawgfan15

IF Nashville makes a good hire this will be what's best for both Nashville and Dawson.

Valleysports

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 28, 2014, 10:01:22 pm

IF Nashville makes a good hire this will be what's best for both Nashville and Dawson.

And Russellville - everybody Happy, Happy, Happy!   See Bigbossman  :)

Bigbossman

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 10:09:51 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 28, 2014, 10:01:22 pm

And Russellville - everybody Happy, Happy, Happy!   See Bigbossman  :)
Im good, I appreciate dawsons work here, he has done a great job and now that he has made his choice I look forward to whats to come. I think where this post will get heated will be in the new hire phase.  Or atleast my speculation is thats when the debating will begin. Im saying that based on rumor mill of who has expressed intrest.

nuttinbuthogs

Dawson out of Nashville, would be best for Nashville?  I can't see that.   

nuttinbuthogs

And Nashville hasn't been super successful with hires since Laird, except Dawson.

Bigbossman

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 10:31:30 pm
And Nashville hasn't been super successful with hires since Laird, except Dawson.
Your being sarcastic right?

nuttinbuthogs

Dawson has the best record by far.  No sarcasm.

Bigbossman

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 10:37:29 pm
You said they hadn't been super successful with hires. You didnt say anything about records. Two totally seperate issues. I'd say Chris wood was a good hire, and I'd also say coach perry was a good hire, I think perry needed a couple years to really get kids that woulda bought into his program,  but even though he wasn't given the time, he still had season most schools would be ecstatic to end with. Call me a homer but I'd say nashville does a great job of hiring. 

nuttinbuthogs

Ok, then not super records and the end result not nearly as good as Dawson.  I'm thinking the hire is not good if it doesn't work out for the better. As opposed to thinking you hired a good prospect.  Potential means nothing in the long run.

~WPS~

We haven't made it past the quarter finals since 2007. A breath of fresh air may be the best thing for both Nashville and Dawson.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 28, 2014, 10:59:01 pm
We haven't made it past the quarter finals since 2007. A breath of fresh air may be the best thing for both Nashville and Dawson.
While I agree with ya, there are alot of schools that cant even say they have had those kind of results.

Bigbossman

December 28, 2014, 11:06:37 pm #62 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:09:06 pm by Bigbossman
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 10:55:50 pm
Ok, then not super records and the end result not nearly as good as Dawson.  I'm thinking the hire is not good if it doesn't work out for the better. As opposed to thinking you hired a good prospect.  Potential means nothing in the long run.
What highschool team do you support?

Potential means nothing to YOU, but to say they we're not good hires is asinine. 

~WPS~

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 28, 2014, 11:05:49 pm
While I agree with ya, there are alot of schools that cant even say they have had those kind of results.
Right and since we obtain that success yearly, it's never enough. We Nashvillians have an unrealistic expectation every year that has stemmed from 3 years of unmatched success.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 28, 2014, 11:11:56 pm
Right and since we obtain that success yearly, it's never enough. We Nashvillians have an unrealistic expectation every year that has stemmed from 3 years of unmatched success.
I call it the LSU syndrome. I lived amongst LSU fans for years, a pathetic year for them is any year they are not national champions.

~WPS~

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 28, 2014, 11:15:40 pm
I call it the LSU syndrome. I lived amongst LSU fans for years, a pathetic year for them is any year they are not national champions.
You hit the nail on the head.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 28, 2014, 11:18:34 pm
it's not really an unrealistic expectation,  I think it's an unlikely expectation, but not altogether unrealistic,  I think as fans we should hope for the best every year. I mean lots of of are razorback fans so the truth is we all should be use to having high hopes and mediocre endings  ;D

~WPS~

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 28, 2014, 11:24:23 pm
it's not really an unrealistic expectation,  I think it's an unlikely expectation, but not altogether unrealistic,  I think as fans we should hope for the best every year. I mean lots of of are razorback fans so the truth is we all should be use to having high hopes and mediocre endings  ;D
Lol very true. I find it unrealistic to think we can, or should, win it all every year like many do. But I would take that over not having high expectations every year. It would just be nice to cash in occasionally. Whoever the new coach is will have to deal with the expectations. That's something I don't think Coach Perry was ready for.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 28, 2014, 11:33:28 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 28, 2014, 11:24:23 pm
Lol very true. I find it unrealistic to think we can, or should, win it all every year like many do. But I would take that over not having high expectations every year. It would just be nice to cash in occasionally. Whoever the new coach is will have to deal with the expectations. That's something I don't think Coach Perry was ready for.
thats why we should offer bo hembree some coach that already understands high pressure

B.S.

Chris Hill to Nashville. He's overdue for a move.

Valleysports

Quote from: hogdiggity on December 28, 2014, 06:11:50 pm
I heard the money that will be paid to Dawson is an extremely large sum for an Arkansas hs coach

Effective Jan 1, 2015 - Entergy's SE Arkansas Grid, will increase .005 kWh - thank you so much for your patronage.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 06:12:51 am
Quote from: hogdiggity on December 28, 2014, 06:11:50 pm
I heard the money that will be paid to Dawson is an extremely large sum for an Arkansas hs coach

Effective Jan 1, 2015 - Entergy's SE Arkansas Grid, will increase .005 kWh - thank you so much for your patronage.

as long as it is SE Arkansas!

cuckoobird

Hmmmm. Crapiron still showing that superior education. Whod a thunk it

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: The Coach on December 28, 2014, 09:09:07 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 06:46:14 pm
I totally disagree with you The Coach!  Should be no worse than 5-5 (current schedule) on a bad year.  Don't forget, it hasn't been long since Russellville was the only 6A team playing in the 7A (7A Schedule). And making it to Qtr & Semi Finals.  They lost an assistant, who was the glue (obviously you know), and the program fell apart - with some of the best talent they've had in years.  Just having multi-sport athletes play football again will make a big difference.  What is it with Dardanelle Fans?  ha ha

New coach will have to build program from Jr High up though!       

The talent was better when they were going to the qtrs and semis then it is now. Asst coach was a huge loss. They won 2 in HS, what in jr high 1 or 2. I do think the 8th grade had a solid season did they not? What about 7th grade?

Either way Dawson has his work cut out for him if this true.  Should definately bring some life to the program.

9th grade won the last 2 games of the year. They have some talent just not much up front. 8th grade only lost 2 games (went 7-2) and could have been undefeated. I don't think the 7th grade teams (they are still split) won many games so it doesn't look like much coming from that group.

Valleysports

December 29, 2014, 07:44:33 am #74 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:50:18 am by Valleysports
Did you watch Jr High games Van Winkle?

Rob Van Winkle

Valleysports

What do you think about the starting QB's future?

STUNNA

Dawson must know he doesn't have the team to win it all next season

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 08:00:56 am
What do you think about the starting QB's future?
Tough kid who plays with TREMENDOUS heart. I don't think his future is at QB but maybe if he had someone work with him on his mechanics he could be pretty good. He is a very good athlete who can play elsewhere on the field. A read option system would better suit him as a QB in my opinion. Also plays LB and is not afraid to stick his nose in the middle of the action.

Valleysports

December 29, 2014, 09:29:51 am #79 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:31:46 am by Valleysports
Ha ha - just wanted to know what could be said in front of you - you are a politically correct professional.  And good luck to you!

Rob Van Winkle

I just call it like I see it. I do think he plays hard and is a very good athlete. Needs to work on being a leader and not just make it about him. It appeared to me that he improved in this area and that is what is crucial to be a successful QB. I don't think his long term position is QB but who knows. With the right coaching he may turn out to be OK at QB and he is the best they have in that grade so they need to make him work.

My observations are strictly as a fan for the 9th grade, no kid involved.

Valleysports

~WPS~

December 29, 2014, 10:29:40 am #82 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:37:31 am by Ballplayer1
An official statement was released by Nashville today. It said that "Dawson is strongly considering accepting the Russellville job if it is officially offered and approved by the school board." Russellville is scheduled to hold a school board meeting Tuesday.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 29, 2014, 10:29:40 am
An official statement was released by the Nashville today. It said that "Dawson is strongly considering accepting the Russellville job if it is officially offered and approved by the school board." Russellville is scheduled to hold a school board meeting Tuesday.
He gone (in my phil robertson voice)

cuckoobird

If he takes the job is it possible to do even less with less. He's been doing less with more for a while now

Valleysports

December 29, 2014, 02:33:05 pm #85 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 02:35:43 pm by Valleysports
State your Team, Location, and Motive - Sir  ;D

phdefense

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 02:33:05 pm
Get yer TexMex logic outta here.

Valleysports

Quote from: phdefense on December 29, 2014, 03:28:10 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 02:33:05 pm
Get yer TexMex logic outta here.
You can take that German logic outta here yourself.  Stuttgart should really be named Plattenhardt, birth place of Buerkle anyway.  Yeah that's right - got the Stuttgart Chamber of Commerce, Official Sportsmans Guide 2014, sitting right here in front of me.  Smart off again!

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 28, 2014, 11:06:37 pm
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 10:55:50 pm
My point is simply that if you hire and it doesn't work out very well it wasn't a good hire afterall.  If your expectations are very high it is very easy to come up short.  I've seen some poor mouthing of Coach Dawson, who has been better at Nashville?  It will be hard to match what he has done, that's all. Coach Perry had great potential and you folks at Nashville encouraged his departure.

Potential means nothing to YOU, but to say they we're not good hires is asinine. 

Bigbossman

Official news realease says dawson was indeed hired (southwest arkansas radio.com) good luck to billy and his family.

bleudog

bleudog

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 08:29:12 pm
In that case - scrapiron51, how about spelling Russellville, correctly, in the title of this thread? 

Valley; Russelville, Russellville, Russ Vegas........as long as y'all keep it from ever being called Russnobyl, Russushima or TMIville.

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 28, 2014, 09:45:05 pm
Not very familiar with Russellville, my fault I let autocorrect do my work for me.

S51, you can go back to the very first post in the thread and click the modify button to edit the title to "give it L."  ;D

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: B.S. on December 29, 2014, 01:34:07 am

That would be a huge step down.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 31, 2014, 09:18:37 am
Quote from: B.S. on December 29, 2014, 01:34:07 am

That would be a huge step down.
Oh I dont know about that, I think chris would be a good coach, I dont think any of us in nashville would consider him a step down.  ;)

hogdiggity

Chris Hill is a good coach, but I would think Nashville would want more stability than Chris. 

OldScrap

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 28, 2014, 10:47:27 pm
You said they hadn't been super successful with hires. You didnt say anything about records. Two totally seperate issues. I'd say Chris wood was a good hire, and I'd also say coach perry was a good hire, I think perry needed a couple years to really get kids that woulda bought into his program,  but even though he wasn't given the time, he still had season most schools would be ecstatic to end with. Call me a homer but I'd say nashville does a great job of hiring.

I agree, 100%. Yet I hoped they would have hired McBride back them, yet after they hired Mr. Perry I believe he was a very good coach and he could have led Nashville as good as Mr. Dawson are perhaps even better if our fans were not hecklers. Mr. Perry left off the bad words along the side lines and that was a big plus for him and a big negative for Mr. Dawson.

Hoophawg

So Dawson is going from having more talent than 90 percent of his opponents to having more talent than about 30 percent of his opponents.  Good luck.  I really thought he would stay to finish coaching the talented junior class but I hear they are a really hard group to coach and to be around. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: OldScrap on December 31, 2014, 07:19:44 pm

I agree, 100%. Yet I hoped they would have hired McBride back them, yet after they hired Mr. Perry I believe he was a very good coach and he could have led Nashville as good as Mr. Dawson are perhaps even better if our fans were not hecklers. Mr. Perry left off the bad words along the side lines and that was a big plus for him and a big negative for Mr. Dawson.

Is the inference from the above statement is that the Scrappers could make a preacher curse?

OldScrap

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 10:31:30 pm

Your 100% wrong, look back and see what Coach Woods did at Nashville with the Scrappers. You need to check the past before you open your mouth. Dawson did very good because of what Coach Woods built before him leaving him a well built team.

OldScrap

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on January 01, 2015, 03:26:26 pm
Quote from: OldScrap on December 31, 2014, 07:19:44 pm

Is the inference from the above statement is that the Scrappers could make a preacher curse?

No, not at all, it seems he is just being himself, that's his way of doing things, I suppose he knows no better, he does not know how to set a good example for high school football players. Now thankfully he will be doing that on the side lines of Russelville and not on the side lines of Nashville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas