• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren college signings under Hembree

Started by STUNNA, December 15, 2014, 10:34:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

STUNNA

Arguing with a friend about college athletes and he didn't believe me when I said that we have had over 30 kids go onto the next level during our Current head coaches career.... My question is does anyone know the exact number and all of the kids? I know most I beleieve, but I know I am missing some... Thank you

STUNNA

2002- Smith, Fellows, Hampton, Bateman, ??

AirWarren

December 15, 2014, 10:49:36 am #2 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:56:57 pm by AirWarren
I will start a list. People including romeo need to add in.

Josh McClain. UAM

Reid McKinney. ASU
Paul Harrison. UAM

Bret Smith. Tennessee
ROshaun Fellows. Tennessee
Terrance Hampton. UofA
Caleb Bateman. UCA
Josh Williams. Baseball scholly in Harrison
Kendra Rochelle. UAM
Terrance Ingram. Henderson

Aaron Rowell. ATU
Darryl Adams. ATU
Ricardo Kemp. Tennessee
John William Durmon. ATU...finished as a starter at Arkansas.

Bryan Church. OBU
Chris Alford. UAM
Matt Pace. UAPB

Jarius Wright. Arkansas.
Basmine Jones. Arkansas.
Chris Gragg. Arkansas.
Greg Childs. Arkansas.
Cody Lambert. Tulsa
Anthony Davis. SAU
Kris Tatum. SAU
Curtis Martin. SAU

Hayden Smith. Henderson State
Shaquille Ellis. UAM
Eldon Thompson. Tulsa

Antonio Harding. UAPB
Blake Harris, WR. SAU
Deidrick Hampton WR. SAU
Raheim Alford. ASU

Jaylen Cobb. Signed with Arkansas...Coffeyville CC.

Unsure.

Unsure.

Drake Jones. OBU
Kendrick Newton. HSU I believe.
Von Eric Gonder. UAM.
Jhammal Bell. ASU.

Adding to the list...

Justin Hall. Army West Point.
Michael Alexander. UCA
Chase Ashcraft. HSU
AJ Avery. SAU
Quinn Franklin. UAPB
Deonte Jackson. Idaho.
Mike Green. UAM/ULM
Chris Norton. SBU
Allen Tatum. ULM
Terrell Thompon. Arkansas Baptist College.
Lance Jackson. ATU.

48 Total Athletic Scholarships.
3 Baseball Scholarships.
45 Football Scholarships.

There is Absolutely something in the Water in Warren Arkansas. 14 years of solid talent for Bo Hembree.

AirWarren

Justin Hall. West Point(ARMY).

38 players.

AirWarren

AirWarren

STUNNA

Forgot my grade... Lol
AJ Avery SAU
Mike Green UAM
Deonte Jackson Idaho
Chris Norton SBU

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 15, 2014, 10:56:05 am
Forgot my grade... Lol
AJ Avery SAU
Mike Green UAM
Deonte Jackson Idaho
Chris Norton SBU

Adding Mike, Norton, and AJ...that is 43. Didn't yall have a lineman that signed somewhere. Dude drove an impala.

Mike went on to run track at ULM.

AirWarren

Speaking of ULM....Allen Tatum. ULM

That is 44.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 15, 2014, 10:58:44 am
Forgot my grade... Lol
AJ Avery SAU
Mike Green UAM
Deonte Jackson Idaho
Chris Norton SBU

Adding Mike, Norton, and AJ...that is 43. Didn't yall have a lineman that signed somewhere. Dude drove an impala.

I think you are talking about Lance Jackson.. He was supposed to play at Arkansas Tech but something happened. And he ended up not playing.

STUNNA

AirWarren

December 15, 2014, 11:08:51 am #11 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:11:17 am by AirWarren
Quote from: STUNNA on December 15, 2014, 11:04:19 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 15, 2014, 10:58:44 am
Forgot my grade... Lol
AJ Avery SAU
Mike Green UAM
Deonte Jackson Idaho
Chris Norton SBU

I think you are talking about Lance Jackson.. He was supposed to play at Arkansas Tech but something happened. And he ended up not playing.

Yup. That is him. Did he sign? Add him and Terrell and that makes 45.

STUNNA

AirWarren

Romeo

Pretty accurate list. For myself, I only count players that I know at least signed a letter of intent for football.  I don't count players who played other sports in college or signed with JUCO teams. Josh McClain and Pace only played baseball. Michael Alexander signed with UCA in 2001. AJ Avery also signed with SAU in 2006. Shaquille Ellis signed with UAM after the 2009 season. Chase Ashcraft signed with Henderson State that same year as well. Dedrick Hampton and Blake Harris were the two players that signed with SAU after the 2008 season. Curtis Martin signed with OBU in 2012. Even though Deonte Jackson played for Idaho, I don't count him because he started as a walk-on.

AirWarren

I updated the list. VERY impressive run of athletes for Coach. More coming up as well.

Oldbadger

Nothing like athletes to make a coach good!! lol.  I remember in the 70s and 80s the joke was that all Arkadelphia had to do was roll out the football and load the bus.  Talent just kept on coming!!

OLDSCHOOL82

2007 was crazy for that many from a school of that size!

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 15, 2014, 02:08:50 pm
2007 was crazy for that many from a school of that size!

Needed some LINEMAN that year!

Gray lizard

Impressive Warren should have some more titles.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 15, 2014, 02:02:56 pm
Nothing like athletes to make a coach good!! lol.  I remember in the 70s and 80s the joke was that all Arkadelphia had to do was roll out the football and load the bus.  Talent just kept on coming!!
there is talent all over south arkansas. bo does a better job of developing it than most.

STUNNA

Superjack45

Moorehead Moore Arkansas Baptist, the Calbert Kid also AB.

AirWarren

Forgot about Moorehead Jordan and the Calbert kid.

STUNNA

Not sure either one of them received scholarships. Didn't calbert quit the team in the middle of the season after losing his starting job to Drake Jones?

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 16, 2014, 09:42:37 am
Not sure either one of them received scholarships. Didn't calbert quit the team in the middle of the season after losing his starting job to Drake Jones?

If I remember correctly, yes.

nastynice

All that talent and only 3 titles?  Sounds to me like Warren (Bo) has greatly underachieved last 14 years!

STUNNA

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2014, 09:47:13 am
All that talent and only 3 titles?  Sounds to me like Warren (Bo) has greatly underachieved last 14 years!
How many of those kids do you think were lineman? A wide receiver can only do so much

STUNNA

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: STUNNA on December 16, 2014, 09:48:28 am
How many of those kids do you think were lineman? A wide receiver can only do so much

In 4A arkansas high school football it doesnt take D1 linemen or backs to be dominant.  It takes a team playing as a team. You want us to list all the D1 players from Booneville?  Its a very, very short list. I agree with a couple statements.  Bo has done an exceptional job and is a great coach and has achieved alot.  Bo has also under achieved.  With D1 linemen is doesnt take D1 backs.  With D1 backs it shouldnt take D1 linemen. Not to stir anything up or take anything away from Bo and warren.  I agree with nasty. 

STUNNA

If you play against a team that has better lines than you have. You will most likely lose.

Jimbo Morphis

maybe so but there are a lot of schools that would like warren's record over the last 14 years.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on December 16, 2014, 01:45:59 pm
maybe so but there are a lot of schools that would like warren's record over the last 14 years.

People fail to understand that.

dc24

Four points away from having 5 titles in 14 years and I would say a majority would agree we actually should have four.

Wonderdog

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 16, 2014, 10:56:51 am
Quote from: STUNNA on December 16, 2014, 09:48:28 am

In 4A arkansas high school football it doesnt take D1 linemen or backs to be dominant.  It takes a team playing as a team. You want us to list all the D1 players from Booneville?  Its a very, very short list. I agree with a couple statements.  Bo has done an exceptional job and is a great coach and has achieved alot.  Bo has also under achieved.  With D1 linemen is doesnt take D1 backs.  With D1 backs it shouldnt take D1 linemen. Not to stir anything up or take anything away from Bo and warren.  I agree with nasty.
An unbiased analysis. Pretty rare these days. Well said oldschool.

PercussionMan

This is quite impressive...I remember many of those names.  Great things in the last several years in Warren.  Solid program every year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dc24 on December 16, 2014, 08:06:46 pm

Four points away from having 5 titles in 14 years and I would say a majority would agree we actually should have four.
But you're 2 points away from not having one this year. It all evens out.

dc24

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 18, 2014, 10:16:34 am
Quote from: dc24 on December 16, 2014, 08:06:46 pm

But you're 2 points away from not having one this year. It all evens out.

I don't think it all evens out as you say.  The post was made to show how close we have been to five state championships.  Nothing more, nothing less.

EagleForLife12

If I'm not mistaken Jalen Cobb graduated in 2012

Blazer51

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on December 19, 2014, 12:23:59 pm
If I'm not mistaken Jalen Cobb graduated in 2012

I think you're right, I played him my senior season.

Wahls

Hayden Smith was class of 2010 not 2008. Jalen Cobb was 2012

cuckoobird

And now you guys know why everyone says, "Bo does less with more."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas