• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals 2014- Warren at Dardanelle

Started by AirWarren, November 28, 2014, 09:50:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: HeberFan on November 30, 2014, 01:10:45 pm
Dardanelle would have lost to Warren, Dollaway and Star City if they played in the 8-4A conference.

Why leave Hamburg out?

HeberFan

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on November 30, 2014, 01:27:25 pm
Dardanelle would have lost to Warren, Dollaway and Star City if they played in the 8-4A conference.

Why leave Hamburg out?

Good point.  Hamburg can also beat Dardanelle. My apologies.

Wonderdog

Quote from: HeberFan on November 30, 2014, 01:30:16 pm
Quote from: Lacerta agilis on November 30, 2014, 01:27:25 pm

Why leave Hamburg out?

Good point.  Hamburg can also beat Dardanelle. My apologies.
Perhaps you missed the score from rd 2. Lizards shaved off the purple mane that is the Hamburg lions.

scrapiron51

Ok look, I hope Warren kicks your teeth in because you think that everything comes so easy and you think just since you beat Nashville you are state champions (which I take as a compliment) but Warren comes in to your house and puts an end to your dream season. Have fun being irrelevant the next ten years.

LizardAlum10

Please show us where Dardanelle posters are saying and acting like this!

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 01:51:14 pm
Ok look, I hope Warren kicks your teeth in because you think that everything comes so easy and you think just since you beat Nashville you are state champions (which I take as a compliment) but Warren comes in to your house and puts an end to your dream season. Have fun being irrelevant the next ten years.

Seems someone skipped church this morning. Everything has come so easy for Dardanelle this year? I guess Warren will just lay down like everyone else has so it will be easy for us.

scrapiron51

Nashville didn't lay down for Dardy. Dardy beat us fair, just like Warren will beat Dardy. Also, I did go to church this morning!

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 30, 2014, 01:25:36 pm
Quote from: beach bum on November 30, 2014, 01:15:35 pm
Dollarway did lose to Clinton.. That still shocks me. Not really though. Dollarway chokes every year.
It's not so much that they choke, they're just not as good in the playoffs when they don't get to pick their own refs.

Bingo.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 02:01:40 pm
Nashville didn't lay down for Dardy. Dardy beat us fair, just like Warren will beat Dardy. Also, I did go to church this morning!

Maybe, maybe not.

beach bum

My prediction and I am sticking with it... Warren has been here before. That's why I think they jump out by 14 early and hold on barely 27-21.....

HeberFan

Warren will jump out 28-7 and win  42-14

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on November 29, 2014, 08:20:01 am
This is a game that can definitely go either way.
you said the same thing before the Star City game. Lol

LAfootball fan

How well does the Dardanelle football field hold up to a prolonged rain event?   Does it drain well or hold water that could lead to bad footing during the contest? 

beach bum

November 30, 2014, 03:59:08 pm #113 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:06:37 pm by beach bum
Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 30, 2014, 03:50:10 pm
How well does the Dardanelle football field hold up to a prolonged rain event?   Does it drain well or hold water that could lead to bad footing during the contest?

It does not drain well at all. When I would jog by that area when I lived there after rain that whole school area near the field bogs horribly. Its just the nature of the land in the River Valley. Dardanelle is super low in elevation compared to the areas around it. My GPS watch said its about 300 ft when near by Mt Nebo is 1475. It just turns everything into mini ponds. There really is nothing that can be done where that school and field sits to help. The farmers land south of the football field got even worse.

LAfootball fan

Thanks.  Footing and field conditions could have a major impact in how the game is played.  Could really slow down Warren's advantage I believe on the outside with their wr's and give Dardanelle an advantage with the power running of their qb.

Could see several turnovers due to the wet conditions also.  I felt Warren held a significant advantage on a dry field with the offense they run but with that mostly neutralized by the weather it will be a tough game to win by the Jacks.

beach bum

November 30, 2014, 04:20:03 pm #115 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:22:59 pm by beach bum
Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 30, 2014, 04:17:02 pm
Thanks.  Footing and field conditions could have a major impact in how the game is played.  Could really slow down Warren's advantage I believe on the outside with their wr's and give Dardanelle an advantage with the power running of their qb.

Could see several turnovers due to the wet conditions also.  I felt Warren held a significant advantage on a dry field with the offense they run but with that mostly neutralized by the weather it will be a tough game to win by the Jacks.

Yeah I totally agree it would hurt Warren and its overall game plan... Dardanelle on the other hand I think the QB can run people over rain or not  ;D .... Rain would maybe even change my pick to Dardanelle.

LAfootball fan

Yeah, the forecast is definitely looking like rain.  How heavy is going to be the real determining factor.  If just light rain, not much of an impact but heavy rain will definitely hurt Warren's chances.  It will be a great game no matter the weather though.  Two good teams with everything riding on performing up to expectations.

Will be interesting to see if Warren adjusts their game plan based on the weather forecast.  Warren has enough size to limit the inside running game but they get outflanked pretty easily sometimes.  They just have to make sure that the qb doesn't take it to the house when he does get outside.  Which team does the best job of tackling will go a long ways in determining the outcome this friday.

HeberFan

beach bum

Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 30, 2014, 04:30:10 pm
Yeah, the forecast is definitely looking like rain.  How heavy is going to be the real determining factor.  If just light rain, not much of an impact but heavy rain will definitely hurt Warren's chances.  It will be a great game no matter the weather though.  Two good teams with everything riding on performing up to expectations.

Will be interesting to see if Warren adjusts their game plan based on the weather forecast.  Warren has enough size to limit the inside running game but they get outflanked pretty easily sometimes.  They just have to make sure that the qb doesn't take it to the house when he does get outside.  Which team does the best job of tackling will go a long ways in determining the outcome this friday.

Yea if someone could tackle that QB Dardanelle would become much less powerful on offense. But nobody has done it yet. Agreed this is a game where mistakes look to become to ultimate factor.

HeberFan

Warren can tackle the Dardanelle QB and also catch him from behind if needed.

D-TOWN LIZARD

beach bum

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on November 30, 2014, 04:46:57 pm
Mmmmhmmmm

I agree. I am confused too. Like I said I am picking Warren but only by one score or less.

nastynice

AW, Lj06, or any other Warren poster, how does 2014 Warren compare to 2013 Warren?
I've seen Dardy and know what they got. I know nothing about Warren this year.

Just trying to get a feel for what to expect Friday night.

STUNNA

They return 16 starters from last years team.

beach bum

Quote from: STUNNA on November 30, 2014, 04:57:23 pm

That's the reason I think they win. I know Dardanelle is way better but Warren is better than its runner up team. Did Dardanelle close the gap that much in a year. We will see I guess.

STUNNA

Feed Kilay cox and we will go to state. Get pass happy and this game could go like the Dollarway game.

STUNNA

Quote from: beach bum on November 30, 2014, 04:59:36 pm

That's the reason I think they win. I know Dardanelle is way better but Warren is better than its runner up team. Did Dardanelle close the gap that much in a year. We will see I guess.

I think this game will be about like last years give or take a touchdown

LJ06

Quote from: nastynice on November 30, 2014, 04:56:06 pm
AW, Lj06, or any other Warren poster, how does 2014 Warren compare to 2013 Warren?

Return 16 starters from last years runner up team. We have a better passing game this year and better defense too.

nastynice

Sounds pretty solid. Those 16 starters should come in handy on the road this time of year.
I'd love to be at this game if we weren't still playing.

AirWarren

Return 8 on offense.
Return 6 on defense.

Most of which have played since they were freshman. Played in the big game. I'm confident in them.

nastynice

November 30, 2014, 06:11:32 pm #130 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:21:27 pm by nastynice
Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2014, 05:59:44 pm

Return 8 on offense.
Return 6 on defense.

Most of which have played since they were freshman. Played in the big game. I'm confident in them.
Which team is better, 2013 or 2014?

AirWarren

IMO, every team is different. At this point, I think we are playing better football this year than last.

Quarterbacks were different styles. Same WRs plus a new addition that is better than the 4th option last year. And faster. Line play is better with a lot of veterans. Defense looks a lot better. Running backs look better IMO.

It's all relative and perspective though.

TreeCityCilla

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 01:51:14 pm
Well the feeling is mutual, but lets remember who is playing basketball this week and who is in the semi finals ;D I know it must really suck for dardanelle to come in your house and have there way with you, if i had some tissues i would be sure to hand you the whole box. nothing comes easy in football but a 13-0 record sure does make it look easy in witch it most deff hasnt. The reason dardy fans are making such a big deal of the win @Nashville is because all week they had to hear about how nashville was gonna whoop up on em and blah blah blah. All that talking sure did seem to simmer down after they saw dardy was for real. Warren And Dardanelle are both great hs teams it will be very interesting. as for scrapiron51 i wish nashville the best in basketball this year!!   

Arkdude

Basketball season starts early for Warren....

AirWarren

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Arkdude on November 30, 2014, 06:23:04 pm
Basketball season starts early for Warren....
i see you put a lot of thought in your first post...

nastynice

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2014, 06:16:45 pm
IMO, every team is different. At this point, I think we are playing better football this year than last.

Quarterbacks were different styles. Same WRs plus a new addition that is better than the 4th option last year. And faster. Line play is better with a lot of veterans. Defense looks a lot better. Running backs look better IMO.

It's all relative and perspective though.
Should be a classic then. Good luck to both teams.
Booneville couldn't compete in 4a this year, but I still miss 4a football.

STUNNA

AirWarren

STUNNA

mr.b@sc

Quote from: STUNNA on November 30, 2014, 06:26:32 pm
Feed kilay cox!!!!
i have enjoyed watching kilay play but am glad that he will be graduating this year. Tired of seeing him whoop up on our Star City boys ...lol

AirWarren

Mr b, we are 10-3!! We are lucky to be in the playoffs.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2014, 06:34:33 pm
Mr b, we are 10-3!! We are lucky to be in the playoffs.
and after friday night you will be 11-3 and still in the playoffs...

AirWarren

We will see. Gonna see what the jacks are made of this Friday night.

STUNNA

When is the last time warren had a 2000 yard rusher??

TreeCityCilla

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 30, 2014, 06:45:26 pm

Romeo can probably help you better but I would think it was either Savion Gilbert(kilay's brother) or Terrance "punkin" Moore.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2014, 06:52:43 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on November 30, 2014, 06:45:26 pm

Romeo can probably help you better but I would think it was either Savion Gilbert(kilay's brother) or Terrance "punkin" Moore.

If I had to guess it would be before the Bo Hembree Era... Kilay is one of my favorite lumberjacks of all time.

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: mr.b@sc on November 30, 2014, 06:33:36 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on November 30, 2014, 06:26:32 pm
Feed kilay cox!!!!
i have enjoyed watching kilay play but am glad that he will be graduating this year. Tired of seeing him whoop up on our Star City boys ...lol

Now you can watch Dennis Daniels do the same ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas