• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Longhorns

Started by Valleysports, September 15, 2013, 05:30:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 03:12:37 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 03:02:10 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 02:50:05 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 02:31:13 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 02:07:22 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 02:05:45 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 02:00:09 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 01:40:27 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 01:18:40 pm
So rice, its about money

I don't know, ask Jeff Long, maybe he can explain it to your satisfaction. The university has a policy of not playing in-state schools, going bacl decades. I've told you I don't care one way or another, but they feel it is a policy best served. I support my alma mater.
So, if you don't care, why are you so against it? You have been the one who argues the most to people who think they should play. Btw in your conversations with Mohijar, has he indicated that they would want paid? You have only said there were no indications they would play for free. You'd make a great politician

I support the school and thus their policy, I just said that. As far as Terry, I didn't ask him, it's not my department. We always seem to sidetrack to this discussion every once in a while and someone asked if they would play for free, he just laughed.
so the answer is no, there is no indication on being paid, it's just your opinion.

My goodness, are you always this stupid, of course it's just my opinion, this is a message board, you know?? Just as it is your opinion they will play for free, but I have talked with him, unlike you. I dount very serious if he would tell either one of us what they would play for, or if they'd play for free. So yes, it was my opinion in very relaxed settings that they woud like their "challenge" guarantee for a game.
you forgot to put, imo. You brought it as fact or close to it when trying to convey your argument. and yes, I'm always this stupid but I can still beat you in any debate.

Well, let me leave you  with this fact, they aren't going to be playing for years, more than likely our lifetime. It was a fact he laughed when asked and said I don't think so, but since I didn't record it, you'll just have to take my word. I'm sure you can email or hit him up on twitter and ask him if they would. I doubt if they paid Arkansas , would they agree, as I've stated, and this is fact also, current policy does not advocate playing in-state schools.
you know, you can still support your school but disagree with any policy that it might have. It won't make you any less loyal but by saying you don't care either way, then publicly and profoundly arguing about it makes you one of two things. A liar, which I don't believe you to be, or a conformist.

You don't know me, so how you presume to make a comment like that is asinine and ridiculous. I support the policy, however, it won't bother me if they played.

cuckoobird

September 18, 2013, 03:44:56 pm #51 Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:03:58 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 03:39:52 pm

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 03:12:37 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 03:02:10 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 02:50:05 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 02:31:13 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 02:07:22 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 02:05:45 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 02:00:09 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 01:40:27 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2013, 01:18:40 pm
So rice, its about money

I don't know, ask Jeff Long, maybe he can explain it to your satisfaction. The university has a policy of not playing in-state schools, going bacl decades. I've told you I don't care one way or another, but they feel it is a policy best served. I support my alma mater.
So, if you don't care, why are you so against it? You have been the one who argues the most to people who think they should play. Btw in your conversations with Mohijar, has he indicated that they would want paid? You have only said there were no indications they would play for free. You'd make a great politician

I support the school and thus their policy, I just said that. As far as Terry, I didn't ask him, it's not my department. We always seem to sidetrack to this discussion every once in a while and someone asked if they would play for free, he just laughed.
so the answer is no, there is no indication on being paid, it's just your opinion.

My goodness, are you always this stupid, of course it's just my opinion, this is a message board, you know?? Just as it is your opinion they will play for free, but I have talked with him, unlike you. I dount very serious if he would tell either one of us what they would play for, or if they'd play for free. So yes, it was my opinion in very relaxed settings that they woud like their "challenge" guarantee for a game.
you forgot to put, imo. You brought it as fact or close to it when trying to convey your argument. and yes, I'm always this stupid but I can still beat you in any debate.

Well, let me leave you  with this fact, they aren't going to be playing for years, more than likely our lifetime. It was a fact he laughed when asked and said I don't think so, but since I didn't record it, you'll just have to take my word. I'm sure you can email or hit him up on twitter and ask him if they would. I doubt if they paid Arkansas , would they agree, as I've stated, and this is fact also, current policy does not advocate playing in-state schools.
you know, you can still support your school but disagree with any policy that it might have. It won't make you any less loyal but by saying you don't care either way, then publicly and profoundly arguing about it makes you one of two things. A liar, which I don't believe you to be, or a conformist.

You don't know me, so how you presume to make a comment like that is asinine and ridiculous. I support the policy, however, it won't bother me if they played.
Hey, you started going off topic with derogation, I'm just returning the favor. As do you not know me. At least I believe you to be the lesser of the two evils and try not to be so redundant in your speech, it's unseemly

Lions84

The Shorthorns are on the ropes back to back loses to BYU and Ole Miss and they Got K-State coming in for a visit.

Lions84

The Horns get sawed off this Saturday

Uncle Ivan

Good SI article regarding the struggles of Texas the past several years.  Ever since the NC game against Alabama, nothing has went right - not only for football, but the basketball and baseball programs as well.

It lends credence to the theory that Marcell Dareus is a hoodoo doctor.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131008/texas-longhorns-athletics/#all

Valleysports

The Red River is going will bleed red this Saturday!

Lions84

The Mack Brown era will be over after this Saturday, He will finish the season but he is DONE!

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2013, 09:12:00 pm
The Red River is going will bleed red this Saturday!

That's not what I meant!   :o

Uncle Ivan

Maybe this keeps Mack there for a few more years.  That's a good thing.

sevenof400

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2013, 05:06:39 pm
Maybe this keeps Mack there for a few more years.  That's a good thing.

What a wonderful thing that would be....

Lions84

Quote from: Lions84 on October 10, 2013, 12:00:04 pm
The Mack Brown era will be over after this Saturday, He will finish the season but he is DONE!

I called that Retirement/Firing Brother!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas