• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A District Tournament @ Riverview

Started by 20gohogs20, February 13, 2018, 09:13:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

beach bum

February 15, 2018, 03:09:50 pm #51 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:52:20 pm by beach bum
HWH got a horrible draw having to play at Riverview. No one wants to play on another solid teams home court even if the other team is seeded as the 6. Baptist Prep is probably the only team in the 2-4A who would won there in the first round..... And as stated above. Yes HWH and Stuttgart would win the 1-4A and 4-4A more than likely and won't even be in regionals. Its the way the cookie crumbles. Don't let the other 1-4A or 4-4A guys tell you otherwise. That regional is really bad. This years Pea Ridge team is not even close to last years Pea Ridge, and the Blackhawks just rolled their way to a 17-1 blended conference record. That tells you how bad small town NWA basketball is right now. And the 4-4A teams just won games by beating up on subpar 3A teams this year. I'm not a homer and will tell you like I see it when the product is not good and it just is not right now in western Arkansas basketball.

TTownfan

Quote from: westhelena1 on February 15, 2018, 09:52:00 am
Helena-West Helena only lost two games this year.  Once to Stuttgart on December 15 and then last night against Riverview.  No one beat them twice.

My earlier post was somewhat confusing.  My apologies. Let me try again.

In his article Mr. Bagley argues that Southside should not be the #1 seed because they had the "worst of the conference losses" of the top 3 teams by losing to 3A Tuckerman.  I just wanted to make sure you and Mr. Bagley understand that the Tuckerman team that dealt Southside such a "terrible" loss is the same Tuckerman team that beat Riverview twice this year.  Yes, the same Riverview team that put HWH out. Maybe Tuckerman wasn't such a bad loss for Southside.

Bbal789

Tuckerman was in the 3a state championship game last year and have a chance to be back in the state championship this year.

Donnie Jamon

Southside boys up 20-10 over Esteem Halftime

BirdCall

Quote from: Livewire on February 15, 2018, 01:20:22 pm
Sure was looking forward to a Westside/Stuttgart matchup after all the trash talk about how Stuttgart made Hunter Mickelson look like a baby a few years ago, and that David Walker and company would do the same to Avery Felts.

Maybe Stuttgart will get a chance at Westside next year...if they make it out of district.
Stuttgart will have the be back next year and better they aren't losing anybody and we loss to a good ESTEM team. I think the seeding and the mix 3a/4a conference schedule is stupid literally HWH was 15-1 in conference just like Baptist Prep... like how can you dictate 1-3 when they have the same conference record? Like these teams aren't even playing the full conference in conference season, they are playing totally different teams for the most part and then meet at district like that its crazy.

Donnie Jamon

27-19 Southside boys up on Esteem end 3q

BirdCall

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

skins68

Who won the girls game? CAC or Esteem? I am assuming CAC won! What was the score?

LRRandy

LRRandy

LRRandy

2-4A DISTRICT BOYS, 5:31 4TH QUARTER

Baptist Prep 45, Riverview 31

LRRandy

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on February 15, 2018, 10:08:37 pm
Final
Baptist Prep 52

Riverview 36

Defense will win them a title again.... That's just my humble opinion  ;D

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 15, 2018, 10:22:10 pm
Defense will win them a title again.... That's just my humble opinion  ;D
yeah, that's what I think too.

Ladyfan

Quote from: skins68 on February 15, 2018, 09:11:33 pm
Who won the girls game? CAC or Esteem? I am assuming CAC won! What was the score?

CAC. 60-51

Nomad1324

So Boys:

Southside vs Baptist (Championship)
EStem vs Riverview (Consolation)

Girls:

CAC vs Riverview (Championship)
Lonoke vs EStem (Consolation)

Anyone know the times?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Nomad1324 on February 15, 2018, 10:42:32 pm
So Boys:

Southside vs Baptist (Championship)
EStem vs Riverview (Consolation)

Girls:

CAC vs Riverview (Championship)
Lonoke vs EStem (Consolation)

Anyone know the times?
3 and 4:30 for the consolation games
6 and 7:30 for championships

Sportshawk

Quote from: beach bum on February 15, 2018, 03:09:50 pm
HWH got a horrible draw having to play at Riverview. No one wants to play on another solid teams home court even if the other team is seeded as the 6. Baptist Prep is probably the only team in the 2-4A who would won there in the first round..... And as stated above. Yes HWH and Stuttgart would win the 1-4A and 4-4A more than likely and won't even be in regionals. Its the way the cookie crumbles. Don't let the other 1-4A or 4-4A guys tell you otherwise. That regional is really bad. This years Pea Ridge team is not even close to last years Pea Ridge, and the Blackhawks just rolled their way to a 17-1 blended conference record. That tells you how bad small town NWA basketball is right now. And the 4-4A teams just won games by beating up on subpar 3A teams this year. I'm not a homer and will tell you like I see it when the product is not good and it just is not right now in western Arkansas basketball.
i agree that the way the playoffs/schedules are done leaves much to be desired. This two year blended conference thing was an unmitigated disaster and I am glad it had gone by the boards.  Concerning NW Arkansas basketball, you really can't tell how good any region of the state is unless you have direct head to head competition, which for the most part, you don't have.  Regarding Pea Ridge, yes, they were better last year.  Some nights the current Blackhawks have their struggles. and on other nights they can tear it up, mostly due to so many first time starters this year.  When they are hitting on all cylinders, they can surprise people how well they can play.  They can hit the threes (made 17 in one game twice this season), they can drive the lane, and they can play tough defense.  Their 24-4 record is a result of good defensive efforts the nights the offense wasn't so hot.  They play ten players, so they have some depth.  Their center is not particularly tall but he is a solid player (played noseguard in football).  They have five players who have led the team in scoring in games, so they have balance.  There might be no one they can't beat, and by the same token, there might be no one they can't lose to.  They played rather badly in the first round Tuesday offensively but if they do their usual, they will play an outstanding game  tonight in the semis against Shiloh.

Trackhawk

Quote from: Sportshawk on February 16, 2018, 09:02:31 am
  i agree that the way the playoffs/schedules are done leaves much to be desired. This two year blended conference thing was an unmitigated disaster and I am glad it had gone by the boards.  Concerning NW Arkansas basketball, you really can't tell how good any region of the state is unless you have direct head to head competition, which for the most part, you don't have.  Regarding Pea Ridge, yes, they were better last year.  Some nights the current Blackhawks have their struggles. and on other nights they can tear it up, mostly due to so many first time starters this year.  When they are hitting on all cylinders, they can surprise people how well they can play.  They can hit the threes (made 17 in one game twice this season), they can drive the lane, and they can play tough defense.  Their 24-4 record is a result of good defensive efforts the nights the offense wasn't so hot.  They play ten players, so they have some depth.  Their center is not particularly tall but he is a solid player (played noseguard in football).  They have five players who have led the team in scoring in games, so they have balance.  There might be no one they can't beat, and by the same token, there might be no one they can't lose to.  They played rather badly in the first round Tuesday offensively but if they do their usual, they will play an outstanding game  tonight in the semis against Shiloh.
Well they DIDN'T have an outstanding game tonight.  Shot around 30%, lost to Shiloh.  If their shooting doesn't pick up, they will be packing it in early.  They hustled well, forced a bunch of turnovers, but just couldn't connect enough to win the game.  The East Region sure looks solid, especially the 4A-2. The eastern boys will have a lot to say how this years tournament turns out.

LRRandy

Any updates from this regions early games?

RamblinRazorWreck

21-20 Baptist @ half.  SS had a good lead, but BP made a run after the Big Recruit got in a pair of fouls.

LRRandy

RamblinRazorWreck

35-34 SS end of 3.  Another run out by SS & BP comeback.

RamblinRazorWreck

46-40 BP 2:58 left.  Brooks Spoon 3 straight triples

RamblinRazorWreck

RamblinRazorWreck

56-49 Baptist (final)

Good game. Southside is a serious contender.

beach bum

Hard to lose games when you do not let the other team score 50 points very often....

eagle1

Nothing against Southside and they are a very good team but the true number one seed took care of business. As the two time defending state champions and conference champs should not have been disrespected by these blended district coaches. Until they are knocked off Baptist Prep deserves to be the #1 seed.

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on February 17, 2018, 09:00:14 pm
Nothing against Southside and they are a very good team but the true number one seed took care of business. As the two time defending state champions and conference champs should not have been disrespected by these blended district coaches. Until they are knocked off Baptist Prep deserves to be the #1 seed.
champion fatigue. Folks are tired of the same team winning. Baptist Prep is just going to have to continue to win yo quiet the chatter about them being over.

Ctucker

Bbal789

The refs were way to soft on southsides bigs. I remember connor Vanover getting terrorized down low and getting no calls. A baptist defender puts one hand on Tom#33 and it was a foul. Definitely two contenders. I would not count southside batesville out. Baptist is the #1 seed for sure but still a lot of basketball to be played. They could play each other again. Also Jonesboro westside just dessimated Brookland again

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 17, 2018, 08:57:35 pm
Hard to lose games when you do not let the other team score 50 points very often....
there is something to that defense.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 17, 2018, 09:38:22 pm
  there is something to that defense.

Their defense is really good but it is not anything another team doesn't have or is capable of doing.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 17, 2018, 10:50:27 pm
Their defense is really good but it is not anything another team doesn't have or is capable of doing.
see. This is an example of you showing your bias. No one said anything about  Baptist defense being unique to them and something no other team has. I don't know why you dislike  Baptist Prep so much or why you feel compelled to rail against them but it will be ok. It's just high school basketball. I come on here to push buttons and stir things up for fun. You can't seem to find the fun in this.

Ctucker

Maybe his love will grow for Prep after they win another state championship!lol

SUGARTOWN

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 18, 2018, 08:57:31 am
see. This is an example of you showing your bias. No one said anything about  Baptist defense being unique to them and something no other team has. I don't know why you dislike  Baptist Prep so much or why you feel compelled to rail against them but it will be ok. It's just high school basketball. I come on here to push buttons and stir things up for fun. You can't seem to find the fun in this.

you can't just blame me for railing against them everytime and claim that your just trying to stir things up. What if I want to stir things up just like your doing. Seems like I accomplished that cuz it got under your skin. Im just trying to have fun just like you.

I went to the game last night. I honestly didn't see anything super special about the defense like you claim. Are they a good team, definitely, no question about it. Are they unbeatable, heck no. So much more basketball to be played. One bad performance and anybody's season could be over.

I will say the refs were extremely biased against Baptist. The Southside bigs were getting so many baby calls and last year Connor Vanover was getting pushed around and getting his jersey grabbed and pulled every game and got no calls.

TTownfan

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 18, 2018, 10:41:57 am
you can't just blame me for railing against them everytime and claim that your just trying to stir things up. What if I want to stir things up just like your doing. Seems like I accomplished that cuz it got under your skin. Im just trying to have fun just like you.

I went to the game last night. I honestly didn't see anything super special about the defense like you claim. Are they a good team, definitely, no question about it. Are they unbeatable, heck no. So much more basketball to be played. One bad performance and anybody's season could be over.

I will say the refs were extremely biased against Baptist. The Southside bigs were getting so many baby calls and last year Connor Vanover was getting pushed around and getting his jersey grabbed and pulled every game and got no calls.

Collusion between the refs and Ukrainians?

LRRandy

Quote from: Outoftownfan on February 18, 2018, 10:55:46 am
yeah, I think there is a memo about it.

Bbal789

Im just saying there was an extreme hatred towards Connor Vanover to the point where any team could just foul the crap out of him and he would fall over and they would call a travel

JessieP

Between the questionable seeding to the officiating last night there is no doubt Southside was the district darlins. Bbal is correct, the Southside big men were treated like they were fragile. In the end BP proved that a great TEAM can overcome an assembled team.

TTownfan

Just an attempt at some humor. Believe me, I'm no SS fan. Actually, I just stopped by to see if any BP player was out for the next game due to a late game inadvertent elbow. It seems to happen often in SS games.

SouthernerPride

February 20, 2018, 01:36:00 am #96 Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:37:51 am by SouthernerPride
Quote from: JessieP on February 18, 2018, 02:30:09 pm
Between the questionable seeding to the officiating last night there is no doubt Southside was the district darlins. Bbal is correct, the Southside big men were treated like they were fragile. In the end BP proved that a great TEAM can overcome an assembled team.
how mad would you be to learn that Baptist Prep is just as "assembled"

Give me a break😂 you're the biggest Southside hater I've ever seen on this board. Even worse than the old Batesville posters.

Southside was not pimped by the refs during the entire duration of the tournament whatsoever

woopig123

Quote from: SouthernerPride on February 20, 2018, 01:36:00 am

Give me a break😂 you're the biggest Southside hater I've ever seen on this board. Even worse than the old Batesville posters.

Southside was not pimped by the refs during the entire duration of the tournament whatsoever
From my knowledge, Baptist Prep isn't "assembled." I am pretty sure they have all been going to that school since at 7th grade or younger

Bbal789

Quote from: SouthernerPride on February 20, 2018, 01:36:00 am

The refs did make the game much easier for Southside's bigs. This isn't a knock on their game at all. Connor Vanover never got calls. His jersey would be grabbed, he would be shoved and tripped and would get no calls. Baptist also isn't a big recruiting school like a Little Rock Christian or a Pulaski Academy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas