• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood Russellville Anyone?

Started by The Future, September 28, 2014, 01:08:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Greenwood's road so far:
Stomped a decent 7A team
Barely beat a good 7A team who ended up barely beating Bentonville
Got stomped by a monster 7A team
Beat an average at best 7A team

Bout time we face a 6A team haha. Russellville has been all over the place. Beating Morrilton but losing to Heritage. At 2-2, they still won't be a cupcake. Greenwood will need to play smart and play well or they could be looking at a struggle win. I don't think we will play bad enough to lose, but we could have a struggle. Van Buren was able to get receivers past our secondary and get yards. I'd be willing to bet Russellville is better than Van Buren and I'd be willing to bet that if Russellville does the same as Van Buren, then the score could be closer than we think.

In the end, Greenwood by 3 TDs.

Any other thoughts? I know it isn't exactly a game of the week. But it should be an entertaining one.

5Greenjellybeans

If we can stop getting torched...we would be just fine.  we can stop the run, although we didn't against NS.  If we can stop the long ball, we will win against any team.  I'm not sure how well Russellville can throw, but if they have a speed guy and QB that can throw it deep...they have a chance.  Greenwood by mercy rule!!

AT

September 28, 2014, 04:26:48 pm #2 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:50:10 pm by Almatrackster
In Russellville's two games against 7A opponents, they've scored 6 and 3 points. Russellville's offense doesn't seem too stellar against that competition so it will be interesting to see how they score against Greenwood's pretty stout defense.

Greenwood holds Russellville to less than 20 and scores over 30 in my opinion.

Pr8hd

They have a speedy receiver believe named Co-Chese Temple Laws. Beyond that, don't know too much about them. Our secondary gave up some big plays more so in the second half when we were substituting at the safeties more so than anything else. We have mercy ruled Russellville the last two years in conference. I am not sure if we can expect the same, the main thing is get the win. It's really one of only 3 games that count on the schedule to determine our playoff seedings.   

Maclin on your girl

Pr8hd

September 28, 2014, 08:41:40 pm #5 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:50:58 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: The Future on September 28, 2014, 01:08:37 pm
Greenwood's road so far:
Stomped a decent BAD 7A team
Beat an average BAD at best 7A team

I did some editing as well...

I think this is more our resume so far. It's time to call a spade a spade..Springdale  is not a good team and may not win a game this year. Let's not kid ourselves any longer. The best win we have to date is over SS, who is lacking offensive firepower. Russellville will not improve the overall quality record as well with a victory as they are likely an average 6A team. We will not discover much more about this GW team till Conway the week after this one  this is assuming we do not overlook Russellville or get distracted by Homecoming festivities and take care of things on the field.

If it means anything, I think Alma is in the same boat right now only they have even fewer quality wins in my opinion. that ain't saying much for either of us. The problem is don't think any other 6A team can say much more as well. PB I believe had a statement game against what appeared to be an improved AHS team. Keep in mind the 6A South (PB,ED,AHS,LH) have no more teams from class 7A to have to play. Whereas, the Central and the East (Jonesboro) get to deal with several more each. Alma will find out much more about themselves after this week as well when they face Bryant on the road. Our test with Conway will be tougher than theirs with Bryant, in my assessment.  We are all just playing the hand dealt to us though so far though. 

The muddy water will start to settle some after week 6 and we can see a clearer pic of who is going to surface.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Future on September 28, 2014, 01:08:37 pm
Greenwood's road so far:
Stomped a decent 7A team
Beat an average at best 7A team

Bout time we face a 6A team haha. Russellville has been all over the place. Beating Morrilton but losing to Heritage. At 2-2, they still won't be a cupcake. Greenwood will need to play smart and play well or they could be looking at a struggle win. I don't think we will play bad enough to lose, but we could have a struggle. Van Buren was able to get receivers past our secondary and get yards. I'd be willing to bet Russellville is better than Van Buren and I'd be willing to bet that if Russellville does the same as Van Buren, then the score could be closer than we think.

In the end, Greenwood by 3 TDs.

Any other thoughts? I know it isn't exactly a game of the week. But it should be an entertaining one.

Don't forget Pottsville had them down 2 or 3 TD's until the 4th qtr in week 2(?)....And after watching Pottsville this past Friday, there nothing special.

Valleysports

September 28, 2014, 10:00:13 pm #7 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:00:00 am by Valleysports
Pottsville is a housing subdivision on the east side of Russellville - for those of you who don't know.  Russellville's been in a steady decline terrible, since Coach McNabb went to Morrilton.  No change in status this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on September 28, 2014, 10:00:13 pm
Pottsville is a housing subdivision on the east side of Russellville - for those of you that don't know.  Russellville's been in a steady decline, since Coach McNabb went to Morrilton, downward spiral continues.

I've heard them jokingly called Russellville East for the past couple of years.

DogsWin7

RTF

Maclin on your girl

Dogs78

I'm going. Got the big 25 year reunion this weekend. Class of '89!!

Back when music, clothing and Greenwood football was a notch above really bad.  ;D

maxswine

Any of you GW people know how many home games you have won in a row?

Russellville leads the all time series 5-3.  But the last 2, GW has won by 42-7 in both games.

And the above post is not correct.  Russellville has scored 6 points against both of it's 7A opponents.  (not 6 and 34)

The Future

September 30, 2014, 08:54:07 pm #14 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:59:50 pm by The Future
Don't know the number off the top of my head. But it stretches from week 13 of 2013 all the way back to week 12 of 2009. PA came to Greenwood for the second straight year and left with a 21-14 win.

Jones has only lost 6 home games at Greenwood. 3 of which were regular season games.

maxswine

Quote from: The Future on September 30, 2014, 08:54:07 pm
Jones has only lost 6 home games at Greenwood. 3 of which were regular season games.

Us Russellville people would say he is the Joe Foley of High School football.

Pr8hd

Quote from: maxswine on September 30, 2014, 08:46:39 pm

Russellville leads the all time series 5-3. 

What other times have they played.?? I know the last 2 in 2012 and 2013 and I was on the GW team in 1984 (Soph) that won the high scoring shootout 3-0 against the Cyclones. Those are the only 3 I recall off the top of my head. I always enjoy a good history lesson. I'll hang up and listen.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Dogs78 on September 30, 2014, 03:36:14 pm

Back when music, clothing and Greenwood football was a notch above really bad.  ;D

The first post Fox class...Lucky!!

Dogs78

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 30, 2014, 09:43:16 pm
Quote from: Dogs78 on September 30, 2014, 03:36:14 pm

The first post Fox class...Lucky!!
I remember the cheers back when Fox was there.....I will remind everyone in case you forgot  ;D
UP THE MIDDLE, UP THE MIDDLE, UP THE MIDDLE, PUNT!

DogsWin7

I also think that maybe a few chants of BringBackTT need to be started.  I'm not sure exactly what's happened but I do know there is no bigger supporter of Greenwood than Tim Terry.   

Baitshop

RDâ„¢

October 02, 2014, 05:29:42 pm #22 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:33:38 pm by RDarthVader
I fully support Tim Terry. The reaction from some was way over reactive.

A certain website also over reacted by taking down his picture from the front page.

Baitshop

Quote from: RDarthVader on October 02, 2014, 05:29:42 pm

A certain website also over reacted by taking down his picture from the front page.

I agree with you RD....although Tim is too smart to make that mistake...and I bet it won't happen again...

Yeah, and you are right, it's amazing how fast folks turn their backs on you...but of course, you already know that...

5Greenjellybeans

Quote from: Baitshop on October 02, 2014, 06:02:30 pm

I agree with you RD....although Tim is too smart to make that mistake...and I bet it won't happen again...

Yeah, and you are right, it's amazing how fast folks turn their backs on you...but of course, you already know that...
+1

Jeep71

I don't think Tim will hold it against the people of Greenwood and trash them every chance he gets like Bait does.

ricepig

Quote from: Jeep71 on October 02, 2014, 08:07:25 pm

I don't think Tim will hold it against the people of Greenwood and trash them every chance he gets like Bait does.

Give him time......

maxswine

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 30, 2014, 09:40:47 pm
Quote from: maxswine on September 30, 2014, 08:46:39 pm

Russellville leads the all time series 5-3. 

What other times have they played.?? I know the last 2 in 2012 and 2013 and I was on the GW team in 1984 (Soph) that won the high scoring shootout 3-0 against the Cyclones. Those are the only 3 I recall off the top of my head. I always enjoy a good history lesson. I'll hang up and listen.

All time series...

1943 Russellville 26-6
1944 Russellville 19-0
1947 Russellville 26-13
1948 Russellville 35-0
1983 Russellville 14-3
1984 Greenwood 3-0
2012 Greenwood 42-7
2013 Greenwood 42-7

Baitshop

October 02, 2014, 10:29:13 pm #28 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:44:30 am by Baitshop
Quote from: Jeep71 on October 02, 2014, 08:07:25 pm

Doing a little trolling tonite, huh Jeep..??

You can't hook the big'uns with that weak stuff...you gonna have to step up yo game homeboy...

The Future

October 03, 2014, 09:15:48 am #29 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:31:20 am by The Future
Quote from: The Future on September 30, 2014, 08:54:07 pm
Don't know the number off the top of my head. But it stretches from week 13 of 2013 all the way back to week 12 of 2009. PA came to Greenwood for the second straight year and left with a 21-14 win.

Further answering maxswine's question

Just did some looking on greenwooddogpound.com.

Greenwood's fullseason home win streaks
-Greenwood's home win streak started with Jones' first game in 2004. The first home loss came week 6 of 2006 when Vilonia took the win. That streak was 16 consecutive home games.
-The next home win was week 9 that same season and went to week 1 of the 2008 season when Harber stomped Greenwood. Greenwood then lost the next home game against Harrison a few weeks later. Week 7 was Greenwood's first home win of the season and went to week 13. That was only 5 home wins.
-Next home win was the first home game in 2009 week 2 and stretched 6 wins to week a week 12 loss.
-Now we are to the biggest and most recent one. Week 1 of 2010 was the next home win and went all the way to week 13 of 2013. That was 30 wins.
- For the 2014 season, we have only had one home game, so our home win streak as of now is at 1.

Greenwood's regular season home win streaks
-From week 1 of 2004 to week 6 of 2006 was 12 regular season home wins.
- From week 9 of 2006 to week 1 of 2008 was only 7 regular season home wins.
- From week 7 of 2008 to as of week 2 of this season, Greenwood is on a 28 home game regular season win streak.

Greenwood's conference home win streak
-From week 1 of conference play in 2004 to week 2 of conference play in 2006 was 8 conference home wins in a row.
-From week 6 of conference play in 2006 to week 2 of conference play in 2008 was 5 home games.
- From 4 of conference play in 2008 to as of now, Greenwood is on a 20 game home conference win streak.

Whew, that took a while. Hope it helps.
I don't know exactly what the records for home win streaks are, but I'm willing to bet we have a ways to go.

Edit: Well as far as conference wins alltogether go, Greenwood is currently on a 28 conference game win streak dating all the way back to week 5(week 2 of conference play) of 2010. Looks like Greenwood ain't done streaking just yet :D

DogsWin7

Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2014, 11:13:54 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 01, 2014, 10:04:00 pm
Quote from: Maclin on your girl on September 29, 2014, 04:23:28 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 29, 2014, 01:50:32 pm
Quote from: Maclin on your girl on September 28, 2014, 05:37:13 pm
GW wins big
Really Big.  I'm attending this game with my family.:)

No SS game? :(
Baitshop would have me banned if I tried to show up there....;) :)

I need a spotter Friday nite....you got good vision..??

Indeed....that's why your hook looks awfully shiny right now.....

Is this a baited question??   Hmmm.....  :)

DogsWin7

Congratulations to Reagan Jones on the $20,000 dollar win of a Great Greenwood Video!

Valleysports

Does that mean she won a Greenwood Video worth $20,000 or like she won $20,000 in a Greenwood Video contest?

DogsWin7

Russellville's #1 has a little speed.   

Score still 13-0 Greenwood

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on October 03, 2014, 07:28:57 pm
Does that mean she won a Greenwood Video worth $20,000 or like she won $20,000 in a Greenwood Video contest?
Won $20,000 for the video she submitted.   Come on!

DogsWin7

October 03, 2014, 07:50:45 pm #35 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:52:55 pm by DiehardFBfan
Greenwood scores again 27-0

Russellville has had like 2 or 3 unsportsmanlike conducts. 

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 03, 2014, 07:24:55 pm
Congratulations to Reagan Jones on the $20,000 dollar win of a Great Greenwood Video!
Quote from: Valleysports on October 03, 2014, 07:28:57 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 03, 2014, 07:48:19 pm
Won $20,000 for the video she submitted.   Come on!

C'mon what?  I was hoping that's what you meant to say.  What was the video about? 

DogsWin7

October 03, 2014, 09:08:14 pm #37 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:15:54 pm by DiehardFBfan
Beyond me why Russellville doesn't give it to #5 more???

#5, #1, #8 run well....but 5 seems to be better at reading the defense.   

I really thought Russellville would have been bigger in size also....they certainly have a lot of personal foul calls as well.   Not sure what's going on there or if it's a off night. 

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 03, 2014, 09:08:14 pm
Beyond me why Russellville doesn't give it to #5 more???

I really thought Russellville would have been bigger in size also....they certainly have a lot of personal foul calls as well.   Not sure what's going on there or if it's a off night.

Is this a football forum or Dear Annie Column?  C'mon ::)

DogsWin7

I'm not going to get on a forum and bash kids.  It's not my style...so Dear Diehard it is!   

I was trying to be informational but you are the cyclone what's the deal?   I thought the AD was on speed dial?

Valleysports

October 03, 2014, 09:40:25 pm #40 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:51:32 pm by Valleysports
Were there twirlers at half time?  How did they do?  Get my point?  This is why guys don't like women going to football games - it's a run-rule game.  Visit with your Greenwood Relatives - the score is being updated regularly on the scoreboard. 

DogsWin7

October 03, 2014, 10:09:30 pm #41 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:16:13 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Valleysports on October 03, 2014, 09:40:25 pm
Were there twirlers at half time?  How did they do?  Get my point?  This is why guys don't like women going to football games - it's a run-rule game.  Visit with your Greenwood Relatives - the score is being updated regularly on the scoreboard. 

I'm sorry you don't like me or women posting on Fearless. 

You can block my posts if they bother you.   You and your buddies can continue to slap me all day on here but I'm not going to be told by you what I can post here on Fearless Friday.    That's the reason I unfriended you, you kept sending me messages telling me I didn't need to be on here...or don't post on the political forum because I was messing up your chess match....you also continually over stepped your bounds....you are not my father or my keeper.     

I know plenty about football...probably more than some women...and the way I see it, if guys don't want to talk to me on here...they are more than welcome not to answer my posts.     

No need to be rude.....and I'm aware that the scoreboard is continually updated.  BG and everyone does a great job...IMO. 

No twirlers....but the blue moon show by Greenwood rocked!    They had lights on their drums!   

I also thought Homecoming was extremely nice....the girls looked pretty and I thought the young men who helped the little ones for the picture with the Queen was so sweet!   Well mannered young men. 

Valleysports

October 03, 2014, 10:39:59 pm #42 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:44:19 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 03, 2014, 10:09:30 pm

You can block my posts if they bother you.   You and your buddies can continue to slap me all day on here but I'm not going to be told by you what I can post here on Fearless Friday.    That's the reason I unfriended you, you kept sending me messages telling me I didn't need to be on here...or don't post on the political forum because I was messing up your chess match....you also continually over stepped your bounds....you are not my father or my keeper.     

I know plenty about football...probably more than some women...and the way I see it, if guys don't want to talk to me on here...they are more than welcome not to answer my posts.     

No need to be rude.....and I'm aware that the scoreboard is continually updated.  BG and everyone does a great job...IMO. 

No twirlers....but the blue moon show by Greenwood rocked!    They had lights on their drums!   

I also thought Homecoming was extremely nice....the girls looked pretty and I thought the young men who helped the little ones for the picture with the Queen was so sweet!   Well mannered young men.

I don't give a crap if you post meaningless gibberish on FF - but we both know you don't know a dang thing about football, so why would you want to give your thoughts on football strategy?  You should also know I don't give a crap about the slap thing or your whining about it.  And I unfriended you because you are in an emotional meltdown, with someone, about every other day - go ahead keep flapping your gums paranoid drama queen.     

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on October 03, 2014, 10:39:59 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 03, 2014, 10:09:30 pm

I don't give a crap if you post meaningless gibberish on FF - but we both know you don't know a dang thing about football, so why would you want to give your thoughts on football strategy?  You should also know I don't give a crap about the slap thing or your whining about it.  And I unfriended you because you are in an emotional meltdown, with someone, about every other day - go ahead keep flapping your gums.     

That's untrue and you know it.   I'm sorry your upset.   

rougarou

;D  Valley sending you a CLAP from Waldron

DogsWin7

Quote from: rougarou on October 03, 2014, 10:49:16 pm
;D  Valley sending you a CLAP from Waldron

Well....look who shows up!   what are you two stalkers or related??   

It's borderline harassment and if it makes you two feel like men to continually be rude to me on this board then so be it.   It's sad.  And I will keep you both in my prayers because true friends would never be cruel to someone that they once called a friend. 

Dogs78

Wow... Valley got some anger issues  ??? ???

Valleysports

If you got something personal to tell me, you'd better send it PM - cause the last thing you want to do is air dirty laundry.  I don't play that game!     

Valleysports

Quote from: Dogs78 on October 03, 2014, 10:56:26 pm
Wow... Valley got some anger issues  ??? ???
I tried those Anger Management Classes, but they're a joke!

DogsWin7

October 03, 2014, 11:06:37 pm #49 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:22:34 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Valleysports on October 03, 2014, 11:01:42 pm
If you got something personal to tell me, you'd better send it PM - cause the last thing you want to do is air dirty laundry.  I don't play that game!     

I'm not sending you anything.   I've had you blocked for awhile now.   I'm done but rest assured I don't play games either. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas