• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Girls

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, September 22, 2014, 08:27:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

September 22, 2014, 08:27:47 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:32:19 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
It's early, but tell us about your team. Your Preseason rankings?

1 Brookland
2 Pocahontas
3 Cave City
4 Trumann
5 Westside
6 Highland
7 Harrisburg
8 Gosnell

Basketballfan13

I like it, but I would swap Truman and westside. Westside will have a good group of sophomores moving up and I believe they got the move in from CC that will be a nice addition.

NEA Razorback olfan

September 22, 2014, 11:25:20 pm #2 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:27:08 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
I believe the CC girl played for the  Hoopsters, Saw her at Brookland playing this summer, don't know her name but she is a baller!

Your prolly right about Switching Westside and Trumann

Basketballfan13

She played a lot this summer at Brookland but not with the Hoopsters. She played with the westside point guard on a team called Orange Crush I think. She is one of the better sophomore guards in the area. Not enough to make them competitive with the top teams in the conference yet, but they will be up there in a year or two.

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe they were playing the hoopsters at the time , heard she was really going to Help Westside!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 23, 2014, 07:02:04 am
She played a lot this summer at Brookland but not with the Hoopsters. She played with the westside point guard on a team called Orange Crush I think. She is one of the better sophomore guards in the area. Not enough to make them competitive with the top teams in the conference yet, but they will be up there in a year or two.

I agree bbfan13, Westside is going to be very competitive in a year or two, they had a good JR team last year with a tough point guard. Sr high had some quick guards that could really shoot it. Pokey and CC are always tough in conference also. I remember the coaches talking about the Cross County girl, I got to see her play a little , I was helping out in concession stand, she is very quick tough on defense and can get to the basket.

She would make a great fit at Brookland also !!  Lol

Basketballfan13

I'm sure Brookland would have loved for her to show up there, but they aren't doing to bad on the move ins for this year. I have a feeling that Brookland will continue to gain new students and athletes every year. The town and school are developing into one of the more popular areas to move to right now.

NEA Razorback olfan

I remember when Brookland girls couldn't hardly win a game. I would go up and watch them , knowing they had a snowballs chance in .....Just not very talented. But we started building an Elementery program with little dribblers in 2nd grade and worked with the middle school players in the summer on fundamentals and playing in AAU Tourneys. It's been a long road !!

razorbackhog

I was talking to a friend the other day that has a Senior that plays for Westside and he said that they BIC this year. I thought it was interesting. He said it was a game picked up a few weeks ago because they dropped Bay. Said it was @ Westside and their first game of the year. IMO that will be an interesting matchup.

NEA Razorback olfan

Yes that does sound like an interesting matchup. Westside has some good talent coming up, and the move in will really contribute on both ends. I'm not real sure what BIC brings back this year but they are always tough.

razorbackhog

BIC will probably have 4-6 games in and I think he said it would be Westside's first game.  I give the edge to BIC, they have a pretty good bunch back and are supposed to be better than last year.  He said that he won't be a bit surprised if BIC beats them and beats them pretty good.  The game is at Westside.

razorbacks

Any predictions on how Cave City will be this year? I heard they got a new coach.

NEA Razorback olfan

Cave City is always tough, not sure who all they lost from last year, but they should do very well in conference

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: razorbacks on October 01, 2014, 04:06:11 pm
Any predictions on how Cave City will be this year? I heard they got a new coach.

razorbacks, how many returning starters does CC bring back this year??

Feufan08

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 08, 2014, 10:36:23 pm

They bring back one of their post players and one of their guards. The guard started her sophomore year, but only started one game last season (her junior year) due to a knee injury. She didn't play until Christmas time last year, and a girl (a guard) who came off the bench and saw significant amount of playing time. They also have a good group of jr. high girls who went on to be district runners-up last year that are sophomores this year

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Feufan08 on October 09, 2014, 08:19:18 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 08, 2014, 10:36:23 pm

They bring back one of their post players and one of their guards. The guard started her sophomore year, but only started one game last season (her junior year) due to a knee injury. She didn't play until Christmas time last year, and a girl (a guard) who came off the bench and saw significant amount of playing time. They also have a good group of jr. high girls who went on to be district runners-up last year that are sophomores this year

Sounds like they will be extreamly tough again this year !! Best of luck this year !! We had some great battles last year!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: razorbackhog on September 30, 2014, 09:20:21 am
I was talking to a friend the other day that has a Senior that plays for Westside and he said that they BIC this year. I thought it was interesting. He said it was a game picked up a few weeks ago because they dropped Bay. Said it was @ Westside and their first game of the year. IMO that will be an interesting matchup.

Westside 59
BIC 55
Final girls per Jonesboro Sun

Hogfan167

I think I'm going to drive over to Brookland tonight for their game with Riverside. Probably wont be much of a game but I want to see Brookland play. I hear they are one of the best girls team in NEA.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 13, 2014, 10:47:55 am
I think I'm going to drive over to Brookland tonight for their game with Riverside. Probably wont be much of a game but I want to see Brookland play. I hear they are one of the best girls team in NEA.

Hogfan, keep us updated and let us know what you see tonight , I have to work.
Thanks

Hogfan167

Hogfan167

Brookland 22-20 over Riverside at half

Hogfan167

Brookland over Riverside 43-40 on 3-pointer at buzzer.

chickasaw fan

Sounds like riverside gave  brookland all they wanted!!! 

NEA Razorback olfan

Thanks Hogfan for the updates

Hogfan167

It was close all the way. Riverside had ball with score tied and 25 seconds left but turned it over. Both teams played good man to man defense.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 13, 2014, 10:13:35 pm #25 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:22:23 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 13, 2014, 08:54:12 pm
Brookland over Riverside 43-40 on 3-pointer at buzzer.

All they wanted and then some.. Lol ..I  Heard Riverside played very well, and Brookland played like it was there first game. Best of Luck to the Lady Rebels on their season.

That's exactly how they started off last season , on a driving lay up at the Buzzer vs Manila!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Pocahontas 50
Marmaduke 45
Final
WBC tourney

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland at Westside tonight

NEA Razorback olfan

After 3
Brookland 47
Westside 28

NEA Razorback olfan

December 09, 2014, 08:32:46 pm #29 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:04:35 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 63
Westside 39
Final

Bailey Lovrein led w/ 20pts

redskinsfan

Pocahontas vs Cave City tonight in the Lyons College tournament

NEA Razorback olfan

redskinsfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 32
Trumann 15
Half

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 53
Trumann 25
Final

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland at Harrisburg tonight

Basketballfan13

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 16, 2014, 09:07:11 am
craft isn't playing anymore, this shouldn't be a very good game

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 16, 2014, 09:39:40 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 16, 2014, 09:07:11 am
craft isn't playing anymore, this shouldn't be a very good game

Did she get hurt??
I thought I saw her play in Pre Holiday

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 64
Harrisburg 44
Final

razorbacks

Any updates on the Brookland VS Riverview game?

Riverview Raider Dad

NEA Razorback olfan

December 27, 2014, 06:56:17 pm #42 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 07:01:23 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 42
Riverview 53
Final

To me this was a good match up
Both teams play extreamly hard
At half Riverview led 21-16
Mid 3rd qr Brookland got within 2 pts
25-27
Riverview hit a couple of 3's to extend there lead
I can't remember score start of the 4th qr. Brookland
Missed a couple 3's , Riverview attacked the basket and made
Some nice plays inside, and hit there free throws.
Riverview spread the floor and hit there free throws around 3 mins left

Brookland missed 9 free throws and 4 layups early in the game.
I don't belive either team was ON ...A lot of misses by both teams!
If both teams were ON  That would Be a fun game to watch !!

redskinsfan

Pocahontas 57
Green Forrest 9

Final

Opening round of the Cornerstone Bank Tourney in Berryville

NEA Razorback olfan

Highland at Brookland  1/5

NEA Razorback olfan

After 3
Highland 19
Brookland 46

NEA Razorback olfan

Highland 29
Brookland 52
final

Hogfan167

Highland girls basketball is really down these days.

NEA Razorback olfan

per Jonesboro Sun 1/9
Pocahontas at Cave City
Brookland at Gosnell
Harrisburg at Trumann

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 43
Gosnell 19
Half

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas