• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 high school basketball players in Arkansas

Started by bystander, June 04, 2014, 07:50:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bystander

Can someone provide the list of the top 10 high school basketball players in Arkansas.

PASS

On the girls side:

Jordan Danberry-Conway
Kianna Speight-Conway
Alexis Tolefree-Conway
Riley Rose-Harding Academy
Malica Monk-NLR
Caroline Hogue-Arkansas Baptist
Megan Hartness-Greenwood
Raven Baker-Malvern
Sydnie Jones-CAC
Sidney Bopp-Marmaduke

There are a number of other players that could be on this list too.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: PASS on June 07, 2014, 07:09:39 am
On the girls side:

Jordan Danberry-Conway
Kianna Speight-Conway
Alexis Tolefree-Conway
Malica Monk-NLR
Megan Hartness-Greenwood
Raven Baker-Malvern
Sydnie Jones-CAC
Sidney Bopp-Marmaduke

Others who should be considered:

Kamry Orr- LRC
Alex Murray- Lake Hamilton
Alaysia Ready LRC
B. Tidwell Hot Springs
Jasmyn Eckermann Pine Bluff HS
Shakyla Hill LR Hall

ballmember

I understand the Monk girl from NLR has offer from Arkansas.   What schools have offered some of the other girls, and is Arkansas recruiting any of them? 

PASS

Monk has committed to Arkansas.
Danberry can go most anywhere. Word is that it's between Arkansas & OSU.
Rose had many offers, chose Missouri State.
Hogue also had many offers, chose Nebraska Omaha.
Speight tore her ACL last September, but still has multiple D-1 offers.
Tolefree I'm not sure about. Dynamic scorer, size may be an issue to some, but still a D-1 kid.
Hartness I'm not sure about. Small to mid major D-1 player. A strong D-2 might land her.
Sydnie Jones has offer from Harding, not sure who else.
Baker has several smaller D-1 offers.
Bopp has committed to a D-1 in Tennessee. Can't remember which one.

Bergman1820

Payton Tennison-Valley Springs: Will be a Junior this upcoming season. Gotta be on this list.

HeadTiger

Payton has offers from multiple D-1 schools already

ballmember

Do you know the names of any of the D1 offers for Payton?  Also, has Arkansas shown any interest?

ballmember

Will Arkansas offer any others than Monk and Danberry that are in state?  Would love to see both of them become Razorbacks!!  We have always been unable to recruit the best girls in Arkansas.  I hope that is about to change.   Really liked Gary Blair but too many good girls left the state, even then. 

HeadTiger

I know Tulane, A-State, M-State have offered her. Arkansas and Notre Dame have shown interest

Basketballfan13

Bopp from Marmaduke committed to Western Kentucky

CoachRed10

Kamry Orr Verbal to Sam Houston State University

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: THE D.O.C on June 07, 2014, 11:28:03 pm
Quote from: PASS on June 07, 2014, 07:09:39 am
On the girls side:

Jordan Danberry-Conway
Kianna Speight-Conway
Alexis Tolefree-Conway
Malica Monk-NLR
Megan Hartness-Greenwood
Raven Baker-Malvern
Sydnie Jones-CAC
Sidney Bopp-Marmaduke

Others who should be considered:

Kamry Orr- LRC
Alex Murray- Lake Hamilton
Alaysia Ready LRC
B. Tidwell Hot Springs
Jasmyn Eckermann Pine Bluff HS
Shakyla Hill LR Hall

Alexis Hamlet, West Memphis.

A-Good-One

In order....

Boys
Malik Monk - Bentonville
KeVaughn Allen - NLR
Mitchell Smith - Van Buren
Marquise Pointer - J'Boro
Javon Franklin - Parkview
Chris Owens - Springdale
Eric Curry - Southwest Christian
K.J. Hill - NLR
Adrian Moore - NLR
And...

Victor Dukes - wherever he's attending school (he'd be higher than 10th on talent alone, but I have no idea where he is right now)

Girls
Aaliyah Jackson - Northside
Jordan Danberry - Conway
Alexis Tolefree - Conway
Riley Rose - Harding
Raven Baker - Malvern
Kianna Speight - Conway
Malica Monk - NLR
Sidney Bopp - Marmaduke
Desiree Mack - Springdale
Kamry Orr - LRC

PASS

Dr Chim, I don't know much about the boys side but I will give the girls side a shot in order:

Riley Rose- Harding Academy
Aaliyah Jackson- Northside
Jordan Danberry- Conway
Alexis Hamlet- West Memphis
Caroline Hogue- Arkansas Baptist
Megan Hartness- Greenwood
Kianna Speight- Conway
Christyn Williams- CAC
Raven Baker- Malvern
Malica Monk- NLR

BigMan15

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on October 17, 2014, 12:30:02 am
In order....

Boys
Malik Monk - Bentonville
KeVaughn Allen - NLR
Mitchell Smith - Van Buren
Marquise Pointer - J'Boro
Javon Franklin - Parkview
Chris Owens - Springdale
Eric Curry - Southwest Christian
K.J. Hill - NLR
Adrian Moore - NLR
And...

Victor Dukes - wherever he's attending school (he'd be higher than 10th on talent alone, but I have no idea where he is right now)

Girls
Aaliyah Jackson - Northside
Jordan Danberry - Conway
Alexis Tolefree - Conway
Riley Rose - Harding
Raven Baker - Malvern
Kianna Speight - Conway
Malica Monk - NLR
Sidney Bopp - Marmaduke
Desiree Mack - Springdale
Kamry Orr - LRC

Conway has a great guard named dj also no guys from clarksville or ecs or alma....

WPWells

Well who would you replace on that list and with whom?

BigMan15

I havent watch them all play so im not sure i heard austen lee from alma was good but ive watched dj from conway he is very good and hes a junior this year

Basketballfan13

I wouldn't call victor dukes a top 10 player at all. Great athlete but that doesn't make a player. He is playing at a small Missouri school senath high school.

Silky Johnson

I think it was almost an omen that he had that dunk. He played good up to that point in the year and the rest of the season he didn't do all they had hyped him up to do. Last year he didn't even make it through Christmas break on the team at Nettleton. Hopefully he can have a successful senior year.

A-Good-One

I forgot about that dunk. Still filthy.

And yeah, I can buy Dukes as not a "top 10 player" depending on how that's being judged. Thing is, who's better? Some maybes...

Payton Willis - Fayetteville
Devin Campbell - Jacksonville

And no. No Clarksville or Alma. Unless they got some move-ins. The DJ kid from Conway...you mean DJ Johnson? He's an OK enough player, but a way to go to top 10.

It's not the strongest class outside the top four on the boys side. Maybe the top five, depends on if Franklin can take over more games this year.

As for girls, Hogue is the only one on that list, PASS, I haven't seen. Hartness isn't top 10. She can look like it sometimes then the next game it's, uh, well, not great. She'll be a good DII player, I imagine. Hamlet is the same for me, but I think she has more raw ability than Hartness (though Hartness has, when it's on, the prettiest mid-range J around). I'd like to see Hamlet dominate more than she has. Had all the chances in the world in playoffs last year but instead that game against Springdale was just miserable to watch as a fan. Close, but, uuuuugly.

I did forget about Christyn Williams, though. She's a def top 10er. Maybe knock out Mack, actually, instead of Orr. Mack is more on potential. If she develops this year, Springdale might be the third-best team in 7A (cause there ain't nobody cracking that top two of Conway/Northside without some luck).

basketballfan3

What about the big kid from Jonesboro that got D-1 offer? Also what about the Williams kid from Maumelle he has D-1 offers too? Also ECS has some very good guards are none of them top 10?

A-Good-One

Quote from: basketballfan3 on October 18, 2014, 05:34:24 pm
What about the big kid from Jonesboro that got D-1 offer? Also what about the Williams kid from Maumelle he has D-1 offers too? Also ECS has some very good guards are none of them top 10?

Yahaha isn't there yet. He's a lot like Mitchell smith was. Smith got a ton better at the end of his sophomore year. If he follows Smith's footsteps, he'll be there by midseason.

There wasn't a soul I saw on Maumelle last year I'd put in the top ten. There are several guys who are pretty good players, but I can think of several elsewhere I'd list before them.

Again on ECS: no.

BigMan15

A-Good-One

Ohhh, talking about the guy who played with Mudiay last year. In Dallas wherever it was.

Yeah, I haven't seen him. Has anyone? Sort of hard to get a gauge one someone none of us have seen, I'd think. At least, none of us have seen him play high school basketball (AAU doesn't tell me anything).

I mean, from everything I'm reading, sure, he probably belongs on. But I'm not putting him - like Hogue on the girls side - on a list if I haven't seen them. Doesn't mean they wouldn't crack it, though.

A-Good-One

It's hard, too, because what does the list really mean? Like, are we saying the best players at this level? The ones who have the best shot at playing big-time college basketball? A mix of both? I tend to lean on how good they are at this exact moment. Sometimes ones who are really good at the high school level have no shot to make it at DI or sometimes even DII. And others who make it DI sometimes never tap into their full potential at the high school level. It's tough.

And just because someone isn't on someone's list doesn't mean they're not any good. A Top 10 is a heckuva list to crack.

Eagle20

Dr. Chim did you see ECS and NLR play last year?  the sop guard from ECS (not freeman) was arguably the best guard on the floor that night.  No better comparison than head to head.

ricepig

Quote from: Eagle20 on October 19, 2014, 05:00:44 pm
Dr. Chim did you see ECS and NLR play last year?  the sop guard from ECS (not freeman) was arguably the best guard on the floor that night.  No better comparison than head to head.

I guess we'll know when he signs with a D-1 in 2016.

WPWells

Seen Mahlon play twice. He's not big enough to play D1. He's a good 3A player and I'm not knocking him at all but he's not D1

BigMan15

12Th man ur right if he was bigger, maybe...i havent seen any d1 talent in 3a yet at least...

WPWells

Matthew Ward is the closest thing to a possible D1 player I've seen at the 3A level

BigMan15

A lot of it most of the time is size being under 6ft u would have to be amazing to get d1 offers look at tennison last year great shooter but not great ball handlier but because of size he was getting looks....hunter ball from waldron went d1 last year and he wasnt that impressive but had great size..

A-Good-One

I didn't see ECS vs NLR last year. I saw Springdale/NLR, too and Chris Owens was the best player on the court that day. Still have him ranked behind a guy who was also on the court that day.

I saw ECS vs Charleston. I'd be hard-pressed to pick between Ward and Martin head-to-head, but I'd lean Ward. People I trust, however, say Martin does have a shot at DI. Dude ain't going to Arkansas or anything, but could, theoretically see like a Big South school get him. Matthew Ward probably is not going DI. But I don't know that. No idea on who's offered.

Love the post from BigMan15. Hunter Ball is a Division I basketball player. Hunter Ball wouldn't make the top 25 *this year* even if he had another year of eligibility.

A-Good-One

OK, top 25 is a bit strong. He'd crack it. But not the top 10 (probably not top 15 if I sat and thought about it) even now.

WPWells

Who did Ball sign with? I had no idea he was going D1

BigMan15

Uca and i wasnt saying he was great all i was saying was he got some looks because of his size...

A-Good-One

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 20, 2014, 08:51:56 am
Uca and i wasnt saying he was great all i was saying was he got some looks because of his size...

For sure. That's why I loved it. DI doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot in and of itself when determining who's "best" during high school.

arkhoops94

Javon Franklin had a great summer, he has developed a good 15 ft jumper and was a force inside blocking shots. Runs the floor very well. Expecting a breakout year for Franklin.
Another sophomore that I think will have a good year is Casey Benton from Clarksville. Won newcomer of the year last year I think... and also picked up an offer from UALR. But he isn't in the top 10 for this year.
Devin Campbell from Jacksonville is a great player and somebody I think that is flying under the radar is Andre Jones out of LR McClellan.. remember the name

Basketball

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on October 19, 2014, 10:41:43 pm
I didn't see ECS vs NLR last year. I saw Springdale/NLR, too and Chris Owens was the best player on the court that day. Still have him ranked behind a guy who was also on the court that day.

I saw ECS vs Charleston. I'd be hard-pressed to pick between Ward and Martin head-to-head, but I'd lean Ward. People I trust, however, say Martin does have a shot at DI. Dude ain't going to Arkansas or anything, but could, theoretically see like a Big South school get him. Matthew Ward probably is not going DI. But I don't know that. No idea on who's offered.

Love the post from BigMan15. Hunter Ball is a Division I basketball player. Hunter Ball wouldn't make the top 25 *this year* even if he had another year of eligibility.
All this D1 talk is sometimes just that.  I too like Hunter Ball's size and yes I believe he is on the roster at UCA.  Does that mean he is a D1 athlete that will get plenty of action at UCA.  I don't think so....but maybe he will prove me wrong.  Too many of these athletes are looking at this D1 stuff and not even thinking about playing systems, education, etc.  Wished players would take a good look and evaluate the program before jumping on board. 

BigMan15

Quote from: arkhoops94 on October 21, 2014, 07:27:00 pm
Javon Franklin had a great summer, he has developed a good 15 ft jumper and was a force inside blocking shots. Runs the floor very well. Expecting a breakout year for Franklin.
Another sophomore that I think will have a good year is Casey Benton from Clarksville. Won newcomer of the year last year I think... and also picked up an offer from UALR. But he isn't in the top 10 for this year.
Devin Campbell from Jacksonville is a great player and somebody I think that is flying under the radar is Andre Jones out of LR McClellan.. remember the name
Yes casey benton got newcomer of the year i know this because my son got runner up....hes pretty good but not top ten for sure...

think

One kid that's often underrated in basketball is Ben Madison at Bauxite. Not sure about top 10 but in the discussion.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: think on October 22, 2014, 03:23:50 pm
One kid that's often underrated in basketball is Ben Madison at Bauxite. Not sure about top 10 but in the discussion.
Yeah that's a good selection, I seen that kid tomahawk dunk in traffic last year.

BigMan15

Very good player watched him play againest us in summer games in ozark....he had a big dunk Near the begining. ...

oldballer

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 20, 2014, 08:51:56 am
I thought he walked on at UCA.

BigMan15

Ben madison is a senior this year and will go d1 in baseball from what i heard....

arkhoops94

Shawn Williams from Maumelle should defiantly be in the top 10. He is very athletic and is deadly from long range. Able to create his own shot and put up big numbers. Had a huge game last year for Prime Prep on ESPN. Pretty sure he is getting recruited by SMU, Arkansas, and Florida State. BigMan15 you are right about the Madison kid, he is a great baseball player

BigMan15

arkhoops94

11th grade, played for MWA Elite (Mo Williams Academy) this summer. Also attended Pangos All American Camp.

BigMan15

Didnt he also play with the hawks some with kel robinson

think

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 23, 2014, 10:57:54 am
Didnt he also play with the hawks some with kel robinson

I know he did in the Real Deal.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas