• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Raining all day long here in conway county.

Uncle Ivan

Any of you thinking of complaining about the cool weather can stow it.

I SAID STOW IT

Breitontime

This weather blows. Cool would be nice. However, the rain is screwing with my plans for the evening.

True Believer

I miss hot weather.  Not good lake weather at all this summer!

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on September 12, 2014, 10:37:06 pm
I miss hot weather.  Not good lake weather at all this summer!

85-87 this next weekend, probably the last weekend that warm this year.

Lions84

We had light rain before the game and a cold north wind down here in Texas.  65 at 6pm 60 at 7:30 and 58 by games end.  We had to break out the blankets and bought Hot Chocolate Friday night.

HorseFeathers

looks like another dreary rainy day here in the river valley. . . .

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on September 15, 2014, 09:18:10 am

That list of Hector accomplishment is almost as annoying as the list Warren Poster's have under their names.  Is it a self worth issue? Taking up half a page with a 2 sentence post?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on September 15, 2014, 07:58:47 pm

That list of Hector accomplishment is almost as annoying as the list Warren Poster's have under their names.  Is it a self worth issue? Taking up half a page with a 2 sentence post?

You do know that you can turn the signatures of?

Valleysports

Breitontime

Come a heck of a rain storm here this afternoon. Had to set my target out and shoot my bow through the doorway to get my shots in for the day.

Valleysports

You shooting mechanical or fixed broad heads?  I'm thinking about going to G5's or something.  Last deer I took was with a Grim Reaper - definitely did the job.  But mechanical is just something else that could go wrong,

Breitontime

Mechanical. Keep a small O-ring around the blades. Takes the worry of one opening midflight out of the equation.

DogsWin7

Grass, Grass, grass, and more green grass!!!!! and not mention there are spoons in the persimmons this year...not good.  oh, and I HATE WINTER!

Breitontime

Valley, you have any spots for Hogs? I'm not much of a deer hunter, but I love poking pigs with the stick and string.

AirWarren

Quote from: Valleysports on September 15, 2014, 07:58:47 pm

Don't be like that.

Valleysports

Quote from: Breitontime on September 17, 2014, 03:30:49 pm
Valley, you have any spots for Hogs? I'm not much of a deer hunter, but I love poking pigs with the stick and string.

No - I hope not!  Unfortunately they have made it to Danville - Petit Jean River Bottom.  In 1981, I shot the first Feral Hog in East Texas (at the time we couldn't find anyone who'd ever heard of any) now the place is over run with them.  They have em up 124, towards Clinton, as well. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on September 17, 2014, 06:51:56 pm

No - I hope not!  Unfortunately they have made it to Danville - Petit Jean River Bottom.  In 1981, I shot the first Feral Hog in East Texas (at the time we couldn't find anyone who'd ever heard of any) now the place is over run with them.  They have em up 124, towards Clinton, as well. 

My in-laws in Tilly have seen some on their land....I seen one dead on the side of the road a few years back up that way to. Used to hear that Tackett Mountain North of Appleton was a good place to hunt hogs to...

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 17, 2014, 01:57:55 pm
Grass, Grass, grass, and more green grass!!!!! and not mention there are spoons in the persimmons this year...not good.  oh, and I HATE WINTER!

What are you complaining about - mowing the lawn?  You might pace yourself, this year - look forward to Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years (flannel shirts & cozy fires) - complain Jan, Feb, Mar - then get exited again in April.  I might have to go snow skiing this year. 

Valleysports

I'd feel a lot more comfortable, Crappie Fishing, if you'd take care of this thing Bre!  :-\

http://www.rockcitytimes.com/lake-dardanelle-beast-claims-victim-police/#.VBpahz2zsX0.facebook

Lions84

89 today at my High School for Homecoming.

DogsWin7

My mornings are cooler but I admit, I have enjoyed today's weather.   Sometimes, small things can bring a smile to my face.  Go out and enjoy and live life all my friends:)

HorseFeathers

48 degrees this morning at the house.. . . Felt good stepping out into that.

Valleysports

Beautiful morning - waiting, waiting, waiting, for Sunrise (legal hrs) to harvest Blue Wing Teal.  Didn't get in a blind - still a little concerned about snakes.  :-\

Breitontime

Valley, you should probably let me borrow that V-Rod tomorrow. So I don't have to ride the boring Ole Heritage to Bikes, Blues, & BBQ.

Valleysports

Let me think about that - uh no!  LOL

Breitontime

Found a prettier red than the V-Rod.

I'lol be done building this one this week.

Valleysports

I have a feeling you won't put enough chrome on it..

Breitontime

Any chrome, is too much chrome,  Valley.

Go Postal

September 30, 2014, 12:18:19 am #2379 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:29:20 am by Go Postal
Noticed that it is getting darker earlier.  The auto dock lights at the Goblin post office didn't kick on with the dimness as the light faded.  Must be on a timer instead, will check that out.
Anyway, was off last week on a paid "Staycation".  Beautiful weather, didn't do nothing but enjoyed the weather outside and then went inside to join up with my worldwide Goblin video clan and kick rump.  Good 9 days off, didn't have to spend money, enjoyed the camaraderie with my worldwide G0BS brothers and sisters anytime/any night, got to go to two Goblin Stadium games and even got some stuff done at the house.  Good vacation.

True Believer

Rain coming tomorrow.

Then cooler weather.  Blah!

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on October 01, 2014, 08:13:21 pm
Rain coming tomorrow.

Then cooler weather.  Blah!

Cold weather Sux!!!!   

Jacketman65

No, No the colder the better, makes the hunting better!

Valleysports

Hope this is my last run-in with Chiggers this year!  :-\  Acorns are starting to fall - Doe & Fawn eating under one of my trees now.  Going to be best year ever - lol - water levels looking good, lots of Teal passing through, (shot 12 last fri), duck population is largest in history.  Mark it down Cuckoobird!

cuckoobird

Quote from: Valleysports on October 02, 2014, 07:48:56 am
Hope this is my last run-in with Chiggers this year!  :-\  Acorns are starting to fall - Doe & Fawn eating under one of my trees now.  Going to be best year ever - lol - water levels looking good, lots of Teal passing through, (shot 12 last fri), duck population is largest in history.  Mark it down Cuckoobird!
I'm telling you they say that every year. When I see it, I'll believe it.

Go Postal

Storm just passed Harrison, but it looks like most of the State will have severe weather East, South and Southwest of Harrison until 2 am.  You guys and gals be careful down there.

True Believer

DogsWin7

I did not approve the editing of my post ricepig....:)

It's already too Cold for me.

ricepig

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 04, 2014, 09:18:31 am

I shouldn't operate complicated machines before my morning Diet Coke, I apologize.

cuckoobird

Wish the weather would stay this way but looks like another heat wave coming thru

DogsWin7

Quote from: ricepig on October 04, 2014, 09:50:37 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 04, 2014, 09:18:31 am

I shouldn't operate complicated machines before my morning Diet Coke, I apologize.
i shouldn't be allowed to operate complicated machinery even after my Dr. Pepper!  :)

Heat wave??  Yay!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 04, 2014, 10:02:59 am
Wish the weather would stay this way but looks like another heat wave coming thru

It's ok for Oct, but needs to turn cooler for November.

DogsWin7

Have you seen the Moon?!?!   Beautiful!!  ❤️😊

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 07, 2014, 08:15:23 pm
Have you seen the Moon?!?!   Beautiful!!  ❤️😊

Haven't been outside but that big clear orange full moon this morning was a beaut...

DogsWin7

I didn't get up early to see that one....I ran tonight....so peaceful, and I felt like I could breathe! :)

Rain is coming for the weekend, apparently. 

HorseFeathers

To cloudy this morning to see the moon. . . . Lot warmer this morning than the last few to . .

DogsWin7

I miss the heat of the sun :(

HorseFeathers

seventy degrees and thick fog this morning. . . Like the temperature but the fog can go away

DogsWin7

It seems like ever since Go Postal posted about fog.....I have been jinxed with it. lol!  :)

looks like a rainy tailgate for the Hog/Bama Game.....Oh well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas