• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Demozette Rankings 2016-01-17

Started by Ponca, January 17, 2016, 12:59:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponca

BOYS
1. Hot Springs 15-3
2. J.A. Fair 13-3
3. Forrest City 11-3
4. Mills 12-5
5. Maumelle 12-2
6. LR Christian 10-5

GIRLS
1. Batesville 14-1
2. Hot Springs 14-1
3. Nettleton 14-2
4. Watson Chapel 13-3
5. Greene County Tech 11-7
6. Beebe 13-4

hogfan7

5A East girls will roll over the other conferences.  Especially Tech and Nettleton.  Have yet to see Batesville, but apparently they will too.

Easy

Don't sell some if the other conferences short! Watson chapel, hot springs, & magnolia are pretty good! Beebe and PA out of the central are also pretty strong teams! Vilonia is always ready for state tournament. But if you say they will roll thru I guess the other teams should rollover now!

hogfan7

Quote from: Easy on January 20, 2016, 01:22:59 pm
Don't sell some if the other conferences short! Watson chapel, hot springs, & magnolia are pretty good! Beebe and PA out of the central are also pretty strong teams! Vilonia is always ready for state tournament. But if you say they will roll thru I guess the other teams should rollover now!
The competition is better in the 5A East and they have an advantage of playing tougher competition night after night.  Watson Chapel & Hot Springs (I agree) are good, but the 5A East overall has more competitive teams.  Beebe stomped Vilonia- but Nettleton beat Beebe, and so did Valley View.  Beebe can't compete with the teams out of the East, and IMO, neither can these other schools. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: hogfan7 on January 20, 2016, 01:58:25 pm
The competition is better in the 5A East and they have an advantage of playing tougher competition night after night.  Watson Chapel & Hot Springs (I agree) are good, but the 5A East overall has more competitive teams.  Beebe stomped Vilonia- but Nettleton beat Beebe, and so did Valley View.  Beebe can't compete with the teams out of the East, and IMO, neither can these other schools.
I don't think you can get too caught up on the this team beat that team game. When tournament time starts you can throw all of that out the window. Also, when was the last time the east had a girls champion?

hogfan7

Quote from: sportsguy80 on January 20, 2016, 02:30:45 pm
I don't think you can get too caught up on the this team beat that team game. When tournament time starts you can throw all of that out the window. Also, when was the last time the east had a girls champion?
That would be two years ago, 2014.  The East overall has the strongest conference THIS year.

TheOfficial

Quote from: hogfan7 on January 20, 2016, 02:54:36 pm
Quote from: sportsguy80 on January 20, 2016, 02:30:45 pm
That would be two years ago, 2014.  The East overall has the strongest conference THIS year.

The 5A West is very weak this year.

Easy

Your throwing scores out that happen in November and early December.  Beebe lost to Nettleton by 6 on Nettletons court and they had their big girl then.  Beebe lost to Riverview by 4 and their ranked in the Top 10 in the state.  According to max preps Beebe beat Paragould by 26.  Hot springs is defending state champs. PA has good returners and could make noise at state.  They are well coached and no what it's like to be there.  There are 4 maybe 5 teams that are pretty good in the East, 2 to 3 teams in the Central, 3 in the south, and all though west is down there are 2 to 3 teams no one will want to face in the state tournament.  No girls 5a conference is very strong after you get past the first 3 or 4 teams that is just the way it is. Including the East!

NEA Razorback olfan

January 20, 2016, 09:19:40 pm #8 Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:41:00 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Easy on January 20, 2016, 09:02:36 pm
Your throwing scores out that happen in November and early December.  Beebe lost to Nettleton by 6 on Nettletons court and they had their big girl then.  Beebe lost to Riverview by 4 and their ranked in the Top 10 in the state.  According to max preps Beebe beat Paragould by 26.  Hot springs is defending state champs. PA has good returners and could make noise at state.  They are well coached and no what it's like to be there.  There are 4 maybe 5 teams that are pretty good in the East, 2 to 3 teams in the Central, 3 in the south, and all though west is down there are 2 to 3 teams no one will want to face in the state tournament.  No girls 5a conference is very strong after you get past the first 3 or 4 teams that is just the way it is. Including the East!

The 5A East is stronger all around in girls than it has been in the past years.
But you can't rule out the others for sure!!

Missco

The East is strong in girls but probably average at best in boys.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Missco on January 20, 2016, 09:34:31 pm
The East is strong in girls but probably average at best in boys.

I was referring to the girls

Missco

Yeah I know. The girls teams are all pretty good except the bottom three ( Wynne, bly-vegas, and FC)

NEA Razorback olfan

I Agree , I've seen all except Batesville, and heard they are prolly the best out of the east

Missco

Yep, the Batesville coach has turned that program around. It proves that good coaches can turn a program around quickly.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Missco on January 20, 2016, 09:54:54 pm
Yep, the Batesville coach has turned that program around. It proves that good coaches can turn a program around quickly.

Watched some of Batesville girls a few years ago in a JR high team camp , good athletes ,smart players. Add a good coach like Fowler and they are poised to make a good post season run!

Bballer13

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 20, 2016, 09:49:48 pm
I Agree , I've seen all except Batesville, and heard they are prolly the best out of the east
Batesville is going to have their hands full with Greene County Tech. They have a good team this year also.

Rayburn

The Jacksonville boys have not played 5 or 6, but they have beaten three of the top four and lost to Fair.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Rayburn on January 28, 2016, 01:24:44 pm
The Jacksonville boys have not played 5 or 6, but they have beaten three of the top four and lost to Fair.
Jville has more to worry about than who is the top 6 or past victories. They're trying to make it to the state tournament from a TOUGH 5a central league.

mijally

Spoken like a coach and I agree. 

Chief_Osceola™

I can't figure out the Central. The top teams have some pretty impressive wins, but PA has been rolling through all of them and Maumelle pretty much dominated PA. I don't know if that speaks to the strength of the West, or if the Central was a little bit too highly regarded. Or maybe PA just had a really off night against Maumelle that night. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Go Postal

I was wondering that too.  Then Vtown beats LRCA also. Is the West teams so evenally matched up?

sportsguy80

I think the west and central both have some really good teams. The beauty about the state tournament will be those cross matchups and various styles. 5a is so competitive that I wouldn't be surprise at who comes out on top. That's why for most teams getting in will be a big accomplishment.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas