• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday night match-ups in the 5A West Boys - 1/15

Started by Jock, January 14, 2016, 04:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jock

Should be an fun night of games, and good match ups. Pls post predictions, commentary and scores here.

4 teams go into Friday night unbeaten, and 4 winless. It's very early in conference and as we know from past years in 5A West, anything can happen

MoTown @ Maumelle:  should be an uptempo game, but I expect a lot of DEF. I give slight edge to Maumelle, playing at home.

Christian @ Harrison:  hard to call this one. Gobs have an impressive record, especially considering high level of competition they have played. LRC however is on a roll, winning their last 4, and putting up impressive #'s. I call this a toss up

VTown @ ClarksVegas:  gotta give the edge to Clarksville here. The way those boys drop 3pt bombs all over that home court is ridiculous, and fun to watch. I think they can beat anybody on any given night in that gym.

Farmtown @ Greenbrier:  another difficult call. Greenbrier had a real chance to beat the devil dogs, lost in the last minute. Very slight edge to GBrier, home court should help. I expect a big night for #44.

Go Postal

Quote from: Jock on January 14, 2016, 04:49:40 pm
Should be an fun night of games, and good match ups. Pls post predictions, commentary and scores here.

4 teams go into Friday night unbeaten, and 4 winless. It's very early in conference and as we know from past years in 5A West, anything can happen

Christian @ Harrison:  hard to call this one. Gobs have an impressive record, especially considering high level of competition they have played. LRC however is on a roll, winning their last 4, and putting up impressive #'s. I call this a toss up

[/quote]

Should be a good one.

Go Postal

LRCA at Harrison live stream GOB tv youtube link below...

Jock

Go Postal

That #3 Hill for LRCA was pretty dang good and yes, he is a freshman. 8)

It was good to meet the guys from Warrior Vision that do LRCA live stream.  Here is their link below if anyone needs it to watch games when your team plays them in the future...

https://livestream.com/warriorvision/

Go Postal

January 15, 2016, 10:07:28 pm #5 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:20:32 pm by Go Postal
It was also good to see Moses back in the "Spook House" for this game...

MaumelleHawg

Devil Dogs boys win at Maumelle. Maumelle girls win.

Devil Dogs played with passion!  Maumelle played too much 1 on 1 ball...... struggled shooting the ball.

Chief_Osceola™

I think we were caught looking ahead to the game against LRC next Tuesday. That said, we didn't have an answer for their big man or the Richardson kid. I think he had 20-something in the 2nd half. It was an interesting game. 4 technical fouls, with a Morrilton player getting ejected for getting T'd up twice. I think one of our guys got one and they got another for hanging on the rim. And you were absolutely right - terrible shooting night for the Hornets. Meanwhile, those 2 threes by Motown in a 10 second span with a minute left in the game broke our back.

Cajun Hog

Ponca

The Hill kid from LR Christian is one of the best 9th graders I've seen in my years of watching high school basketball in this state. If he continues to progress, Mike Anderson needs to get on this kid stat. Incredible athleticism for his size. Kid almost hit his head on the rim in Harrison.

Jock

Quote from: Ponca on January 16, 2016, 11:09:21 pm
The Hill kid from LR Christian is one of the best 9th graders I've seen in my years of watching high school basketball in this state. If he continues to progress, Mike Anderson needs to get on this kid stat. Incredible athleticism for his size. Kid almost hit his head on the rim in Harrison.

His dad is the team's asst coach, and also worked with Mike Anderson for years recruiting for the Hogs. He will DEF get every chance

Jock

Well my predictions were terrible, the only one I picked correctly was Clarksville over Vtown. Which is why this conference is fun and I will hate to see it change up next season.

Look forward to the Tuesday match ups, and surprises they may bring.

Ponca

Quote from: Jock on January 17, 2016, 11:54:40 am
Quote from: Ponca on January 16, 2016, 11:09:21 pm

His dad is the team's asst coach, and also worked with Mike Anderson for years recruiting for the Hogs. He will DEF get every chance

Good write-up on Hill.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jan/17/arkansas-anderson-won-t-have-to-fight-f/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas